Expect less revives from now on...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Never heard of anyone only reviving for the tiny xp boost. GW2 community aren’t so heartless.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

And here i am, reviving people because i don’t want them to be dead. Never paid much attention about those 100 xp i get per revive. Oh all these xp is lost, all is lost better quit the game, hide yo wifes hide yo kids the end is nigh.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I really doubt the exp is the reason people revive… People are very easy to condition, just like many animals. GW2 has done a great job of conditioning people to run up to shiny things and press F. Don’t believe me? Conduct this little experiment:

1. Go to Heart of the Mists.
  2. Find the big bonfire over by the Wall of Champions.
  3. Stand in it until you die.
  4. Wait until players come and try to revive you.

I’ve done this experiment many times while bored. People flock to you constantly. They don’t get exp for reviving here. They just do it because they see that icon and feel compelled to interact with it.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Reviving becomes more of a habit then being reward based. You even have to tell people NOT to revive on certain fights. Though tbh I usually only revive downed players and not dead ones, SW afkers have gotten me jaded.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

They don’t get exp for reviving here.

Are you sure? I found out completing the hearts in the PvP tutorial section actually gives exp …

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Who revives for xp?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I’ve never revived someone with the intention of receiving XP. I revive people to help them. I’m pretty sure that’s also why 99.9% of people do it.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Well we did revive each other for XP when we started but that was a joke because my one guild mate jumped off of any cliff there was – so he (and everybody else who didn’t know him, he had a commander tag which made things worse) died.
Edit: He didn’t do it on purpose, he always assumed the height was safe.

Anet really needs to work on their communication skills. In that blogpost yesterday it said “will gain no XP anymore, the wits of XP cannot be used by lvl 80s”
Now you guys say that this very XP will count towards masteries- so I really have no clue what will happen to XP.

Posted by: Adngel.9786

Adngel.9786

Even if they wouldn’t add experience for the mastery, and the ressurrections would not give any reward at all, I’m sure that the impact would be imperceptible.

- The people kittenurrect their partners, they do it for more altruism and teamworking reasons. So surelly they will keep doing.
- The people who don’t resurrect the fallen partners, are not currently interested in the exp and won’t be affected if the resurrection experience would dissapeared. So they are not likely to do it for the lack of experience.

I don’t really think people resurrecting for exp, being anythin numerous.

However, over all that. the experience keep being there, (but instead of higher levels, it will be used for the Masteries) I neither see the huge problem, better that, than the skill points that at the end, only can be used for the Mystic Forge.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

If they are charr or asura, just res them up to 99% and then jump on their face for a bit.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I stopped reviving people after reviving stopped being one of the daily tasks.

>.>

<.<

/kidding off

I revive people because I would dislike myself if I knew that I could have facilitated their having a better gaming experience and chose not to. Does that mean I have some tiny shred of empathy deep within the black confines of my heart?

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I revive anyone regardless of the situation, even if I die in the process at least I tried.

It’s the nicest thing to come by in a game like this; everyone is so friendly and willing to help out.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I revive downed players but dead players can WP

if you stop to revive dead players during events then you are only holding back other people and potentially screwing over the event

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well OP. If being nice isn’t ’it’s own reward, maybe you can start charging half the price to the nearest waypoint. You could even make a char with that name, Half Price Revives.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

if you stop to revive dead players during events then you are only holding back other people and potentially screwing over the event

Please don’t generalize like that. This kind of mentality leads to people not ressing downed players either, because once those downed fools are dead, they can just wp eh?

Sure, don’t stop to res and potentially be killed yourself for a dead one, but try to get up that downed one.

I mean i read and understood what you wrote, but people do not make the distinction.

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I only die so people can touch my fabulous body while they ress me. I’m so lonely, please help.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Please don’t generalize like that. This kind of mentality leads to people not ressing downed players either, because once those downed fools are dead, they can just wp eh?

Sure, don’t stop to res and potentially be killed yourself for a dead one, but try to get up that downed one.

I mean i read and understood what you wrote, but people do not make the distinction.

5 people stop the fight and spend 20 seconds reviving a dead player who could have WP and run back in less than 30seconds. That’s a total of 100 secs of DPS wasted on a guy that should have ported. Rez the downed, the dead can port.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Don’t worry. If I am around, I will run towards the downed player/dead player if I am able too. I usually stop attacking to help downed players. Unless there is too much heat, then sorry.

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

If they are charr or asura, just res them up to 99% and then jump on their face for a bit.

Oh, I like this human. It understands!

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Also, if they are Charr or Asuran, or known to be AFK I let them bleed out. No amount of XP could motivate me to revive in those cases.

You’re missing out. Revive those AFKers enough times and they’ll come back to find themselves naked and needing to waypoint out to an armor repairer.

Oh, I used to do this when repair cost was still a thing. Nowadays, I’m not even sure characters display naked, so it’s not worth the effort.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Also, if they are Charr or Asuran,

Why?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I only die so people can touch my fabulous body while they ress me. I’m so lonely, please help.

I regret to inform you that they aren’t touching you, they are rubbing the ground in your vicinity. You may want to make sure to die in a pile of people to up the chances that a ground-rubbing hand will actually graze your fabulousness.

:D

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

This is the only correct answer!