Expelling Guild Leader, is it possible?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ToraSempai.8946

ToraSempai.8946

We have a guild that’s growing up little by little, but the leader is playing as invisible and is not helping at all in the guild. The sub-leader and me (another sub-leader) are deciding to expel him from the guild. We know that we can’t because he’s the leader, but he’s also refusing to give either of us the full leadership. We also know that after a certain time, an “unknown” tag appears on the last online section, but it seems he’s aware of it. After a month, he appears as visible and then goes invisible again and resets the “last online” timer.

Is there a way that we can actually demote/expel the leader so we can keep going with the guild without having to wait for the unknown thingy to appear?

Thanks for your help.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

GW2 doesn’t have any auto promotion for guild leaders by the way. Unless he promotes someone, he will have leader status until the end of time, or Anet changes the way they handle guilds.

Your best bet is to form a new guild and start over.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Necrotic.7820

Necrotic.7820

Nope. Make a new guild. That’s your only real option if the leader is unwilling to relinquish control.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

the unknown status of anyone makes no difference. you can’t kick/demote the leader, unfortunately.

as others have said, make a new guild

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m going to chime in with the rest and say you have two options, leave and start a new guild or accept that your guild leader isn’t going to be a true guild leader.

I think you should leave and start over. Y’all could do the work and get the guild up to high levels and he could kick you all and sell the guild for several hundred gold. If he does, ANet will not help you. It’s his right as guild leader to kick who he pleases.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Start a new guild, because while you can’t kick or demote him, he can kick you! Not saying that would happen, but it could and it’d be a shame to put that much work in just to be kicked when it’s done.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

Is there a way that we can actually demote/expel the leader so we can keep going with the guild without having to wait for the unknown thingy to appear?

Your best option is to talk to him/her about it and see what’s going on. With guild upgrades being absolutely ridiculously priced, I’d at least talk/msg him to find out what’s going before ‘just starting a new guild’ as others have suggested. If things don’t work out, I suggest joining another established and active guild (probably a large one at that, as that is what Anet wants based on cost of guild upgrades).

On the flipside though, if you started a new guild would you like to have a feature where a couple of officers could kick you as guild leader? It’s a awkward situation you’re in sure, but it goes both ways.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

If it’s a good guild that is growing little by little and doing well, why would you need that extra power and control? This is of course assuming the guild leader has given his officers full control over the guild except for the emblem he probably spent an hour picking.

On topic: No it’s not possible thankfully.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Unless you guys have known this leader for a great deal of time and he has only just gone to playing like this for some certain reason I would say the whole thing sounds suspect.

It could be 1, he originally created the guild hoping for people to just join and donate stuff that he could use for himself. Thus goes into hiding so he does not have to deal with people asking questions or anything. Or 2 it could be the account owner has been hacked or sold the account or something.

Either way it sounds like a crappy deal for you and your friends. I would suggest as others have here and either found a new guild yourselves or look for a far better one.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

The last time online has absolutely no bearing on if a member gets demoted or loses his rank (even if it’s the guild leader). So any hope you might have that this might happen by accident, sorry.

Arenanet have stated multiple times that they will not get involved in guild internal problems. This even extands to people loing their personal guild by accident and/or similar situations as the one you described ToraSempai. You could try contacting CS, but your chances of getting any assistance in this matter is 0.

If you want a guild with an active guild leader you basically have 2 approaches:

1.) talk with your current guild leader and have him step down.

2.) create a new guild.

You could create a second guild and run both parallel for a while, then eventually finish the transfer after everyone has successfully transfered.

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

If he is the founder of the guild. Its his guild. Make a new one.

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Hehehe this is funny and sad at the same time, well make a new guild

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Yeah, so there are these two dudes in my guild who are always complaining and trying to get rid of me as leader. I mostly just ignore them and set my status to “invisible” so they can’t hassle me…

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Why not just politely ask to have all leader powers along side him so you can run it?

Most organized guilds have something like that any way.

Posted by: chaosmaster.3196

chaosmaster.3196

Yeah, so there are these two dudes in my guild who are always complaining and trying to get rid of me as leader. I mostly just ignore them and set my status to “invisible” so they can’t hassle me…

Why don’t you discuss with them to settle the problem? Setting yourself invisible is not helping this situation.

Posted by: Emmalouise.1763

Emmalouise.1763

He sounds a right kitten lol. Don’t waste your time and money building HIS guild up, make your own.

www.girlgamerchronicles.com

Posted by: Taglor Anwamane.9468

Taglor Anwamane.9468

That kind of feature would be absolutely horrible, because my co-leader and I have been in a situation where a few toxic guild members spread lies and pretty much were angling towards a coup. If there was a feature like this, our hard work and good name would have gone down the drain. The good it would do wouldn’t outweigh the bad, because people in general suck and empowering people to topple their leaders would create massive problems and bad feelings.
Like the others here have said, talk to your leader any way you can and bring them your concerns. It might not be entirely their fault; guild leaders are people and have lives, too. Of course, guild leaders are people too, and as I said, people in general suck, so… consider leaving and starting anew as well. If there actually is a problem, it’s worth it in the long run to distance yourself ASAP.

(edited by Taglor Anwamane.9468)

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

sorry, a coup is not possible.
if he is really doing as what you say he is doing, you can always start a new guild. if the new guild you started strive then yes, you are right. if the new guild didn’t, then, it is another story.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Echoing the suggestion(s) to start a new guild. (And of course, be sure to set this one up with well-thought out lines of succession and appropriate permissions. )

Sorry that you ran into this situation.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: ToraSempai.8946

ToraSempai.8946

I followed some of your advises guys, thanks for reading me. I contacted the guild leader and after few hours of chatting he accepted that he hasn’t been helping at all. He promoted three to leader rank so we didn’t have the same issue again. Thanks everyone for your words!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I followed some of your advises guys, thanks for reading me. I contacted the guild leader and after few hours of chatting he accepted that he hasn’t been helping at all. He promoted three to leader rank so we didn’t have the same issue again. Thanks everyone for your words!

That’s great news, Tora. Glad to hear that “negotiation” worked.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: verm.6150

verm.6150

Me and my friends had a similar thing although I left before it happened to me. Our Guild leader used everyone to help build the guild hall up / pay for a website and TS etc… and after a while and a bit of drama (nothing major) decided to kick everyone, not only that but deleted everyone on Facebook and cut themselves off from us.

Quite sad that a person could do that to “Friends” , anyway it kinds ripped the desire from people to play and was/is a sad time.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Someone could always make a suggestion to have it like GW1. Keep in mind that that system does have its flaws too.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yep, new guild or, beal with it. ANet will not get involved with “Guild Drama”.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Odyssey.6523

Odyssey.6523

That kind of feature would be absolutely horrible, because my co-leader and I have been in a situation where a few toxic guild members spread lies and pretty much were angling towards a coup. If there was a feature like this, our hard work and good name would have gone down the drain. The good it would do wouldn’t outweigh the bad, because people in general suck and empowering people to topple their leaders would create massive problems and bad feelings.

Like the others here have said, talk to your leader any way you can and bring them your concerns. It might not be entirely their fault; guild leaders are people and have lives, too. Of course, guild leaders are people too, and as I said, people in general suck, so… consider leaving and starting anew as well. If there actually is a problem, it’s worth it in the long run to distance yourself ASAP.

This is probably the most totalitarian post I’ve ever read on an mmorpg forum….

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Your best option at this point is to make a new guild, if the leader is unwilling to step down you can’t force him out.

The sub-leader and me (another sub-leader) are deciding to expel him from the guild. We know that we can’t because he’s the leader, but he’s also refusing to give either of us the full leadership.

Not to take sides here, but if you and another are planning to take over the guild, and looking to expel him, that may be the reason he is reluctant to hand over full leadership powers.

Over all as most have said just make a new one.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^He worked it out with the Guild Leader; did you guys miss that post?

Posted by: Xirus.9675

Xirus.9675

No, its not possible, and it should never be possible. Whoever makes the guild owns the guild.

This isn’t World of Failcraft where the people in charge are going to just let you steal other people’s guilds [online digital/virtual property] just because you’re in it and the property owners aren’t “productive” enough for you. Last I checked, it was Activision/Blizzard that was run by the communist party-approved Tencent, not ArenaNet.

Make your own guild or join a different one. Stop wishing that Anet would help you steal other people’s stuff. That’s just plain sick…

Any sufficiently advanced science and/or technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

^He worked it out with the Guild Leader; did you guys miss that post?

Yep, I totally missed it~ Glad it worked out for the best!