Experience scroll

Experience scroll

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Am I misunderstanding these? I saw a post saying you could get lucky from bl chest and get a character to 80 but it says you get a character to level 20 and only usable on characters under 80. Seems like they are really only good for a new character and only 1 time on that character.

Experience scroll

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yep, the ones we’ve seen so far (and I assume these are the same) is something to level a character under level 20 to level 20.

Edit: I’ve used two of them already.

Experience scroll

Posted by: Kovac.4372

Kovac.4372

Let’s hope the one you get from the birthday gift (Scroll of Experience) actually gives experience and doesn’t just jump you to a fixed level.

Experience scroll

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Oh so they are different?

Experience scroll

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

I hope it isn’t the level 20 scroll, i’ve already got 3 lvl 20s and all my char slots used up.

Experience scroll

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Let’s hope the one you get from the birthday gift (Scroll of Experience) actually gives experience and doesn’t just jump you to a fixed level.

Yeah, while the scroll of experience we got from the AP chests is useful I was mildly disappointed it didn’t give 20 levels worth of exp at any level instead of just 20 levels of exp for a level 1 character.

Experience scroll

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The experience item in black lion chests is called a Tome of Knowledge. When used, it grants the character 1 full level.

Experience scroll

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

Currently we have:

1. Experience Scroll (grants 20 lvls,up to lvl 20)
  2. Tome of Knowledge (grants 1 skill lvl)
  3. Scroll of Knowledge (grants 1 skill point)

It sounds like the bday gift is another Experience Scroll which are awarded every 5K APs. I do hope they are different though, and don’t have the lvl 20 limit to them

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Experience scroll

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

same here..i gt some experience scrolls my self i can not use since i have no char under 20, and got 8 characters,not planning creating more :S

Experience scroll

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

I have 8 characters as well…would love for them to change these scrolls to = 20lvls of exp. Could help finish my last char. If not its just a sad piece of junk in my mail.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Experience scroll

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

It’s meant to entice you to purchase more character slots.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Experience scroll

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

No need unless they offer a new class

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Experience scroll

Posted by: Tiberius.3802

Tiberius.3802

It’s meant to entice you to purchase more character slots.

It’s apparently doing a bad job, then.

Experience scroll

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I have a few lvl 20 scrolls and they are useless to me as I have 8 characters, 1 of each profession.

However, I am hoping one day (more than likely distant future) that they add a new character class or 2, then I can fast track them to level 20…

But I would prefer a scroll that gives you enough xp to gain 20 levels, no matter what level you are, so even at 80th you can get skill points at least…

Probably trying to encourage alts thou…which is very WIERD because everything else they do discourages alts and pushes players to just having 1 main…

Experience scroll

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

If they had experience scrolls that jumped you 20 levels, I would be all over that. After three level 80s, I’m tired of leveling… but I’m not tired of alts =D

Experience scroll

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

If they had experience scrolls that jumped you 20 levels, I would be all over that. After three level 80s, I’m tired of leveling… but I’m not tired of alts =D

Agreed!

Experience scroll

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

^Well said.