Expertise change to food buffs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

first, the obligatory “change it back”

second, the change makes it kitten near worthless to even use food/utility buffs for condi now. the BEST food now only gives 6.66%, somewhat hilarious given the nature of condi, but not funny in any other way… down from 20%.

and then the utility? theres now only ONE item that gives condition duration, since you removed it from everything Toxic. and guess what? that item, at its peak, only gives around 5% as well. on a Viper, it gives 3.5% barely. i mean seriously, i get condition was strong, but you’ve effectively made food irrelevant to any condition build. even with party buffs up, you get like what, an extra 2% from the precision boosts? is this really just aimed at raiding parties that can overboost to get everything to 100% or something?

you went in too deep on the expertise changes. double the values and it would actually make sense. the giver’s weapons are fine though. it sucks too, but at least those numbers make sense.

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Just because you’ve gotten used to something being overtuned, doesn’t make it any less overtuned.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

It was changed to bring condi in line with power.

Before you say “just make power food better”. That’s power creep. We don’t need power creep.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Food bonuses were brought in line with other food and power food.

I am amazed it took them this long to make the change.

You should have known something is off when one food gives +100 power and the other gives +20% condition duration which is essentially 300 stat points worth of bonus. Same goes for oils with slightly lower numbers respectively.

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

No.
Those foods were heavily overtuned.
The change was needed and it’s good that it finally happened.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Posted by: Wolfheart.7483

Wolfheart.7483

No.
Those foods were heavily overtuned.
The change was needed and it’s good that it finally happened.

Agree completely.

Some of my favorite characters were affected by the change but I think it is a good change and I completely understand why it was done.

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Stop whining, the condi food gives about 5% damage boost. Power food users don’t get more.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Before you say “just make power food better”. That’s power creep. We don’t need power creep.

They didn’t bring the -Condition Duration food/buffs in line.

Either nerf those foods, or buff the other foods to reduce Direct Damage by 20%.

Cyninja.2954

Either nerf those foods, or buff the other foods to reduce Direct Damage by 20%.

You really do not want to open that door…

Power is way easier to protect against than condi damage in a competative enviroment.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

You can still do max builds for a single condition:
Poison: Rune of Thorns
Bleeding: Rune of the Krait
Burning: Rune of Balthazar

Use these together with the foods that boost a single condition (like +15% burning) and your traitlines (or sigil if you have no traits for it) and DPS is more or less comparable, so only classes that stack alot of different conditions like Necro are affected, my Guardian, Warrior and Thief are the same as before.

I would say Necro and Revenant got hit the hardest.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Power is way easier to protect against than condi damage in a competative enviroment.

It really is too high though-ArenaNet has made it clear that bonuses that high should only appear on traits, runes and sigils (gear) and not on food.

I’d reduce them to -10-12% maximum or so.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Terrahero.9358

I’ll happily open that door. I’ve been down this discussion route countless times over the years.

You lot wanted parity right? Well then let there be parity. Buff toughness food, or nerf the -cond. food.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’ll happily open that door. I’ve been down this discussion route countless times over the years.

You lot wanted parity right? Well then let there be parity. Buff toughness food, or nerf the -cond. food.

You can get -10% damage food with toughness and you can dodge a lot more power damage than you can condi damage. Condi is absurd in WvW atm, which is the only place -condi duration food is used. It doesn’t help much when you get spammed with 10 condis every 3s.

Cyninja.2954

We can buff toughness food the moment condi builds require the same amount of stats to pull similar damage numbers as power builds.

Or we could reduce the condi damage spike back to pre condi meta levels.

There is a reason why condi is meta in both pve and wvw.

Again, when you are sitting in a glass house, be sure not to throw rocks.

Terrahero.9358

We can buff toughness food the moment condi builds require the same amount of stats to pull similar damage numbers as power builds.

We’re already there.

Stop believing in fairy tales. We have a power meta and we’ve had one since day 1 launch. The gap has been made smaller, but people were saying the same thing as you were since the launch week. Buzz words and mindless dogma, nothing more.

These food changes happen to bring some parity between how much either general damage types benefits from such consumables. Then let’s have some parity, but since it’s unfavorable for Conditions then by god lets roll out all the excuses we can to justify maintaining the new status quo. Because being consistent or not disingeneous for more than 5minutes is out of the question.

Glass houses indeed.

You can get -10% damage food with toughness and you can dodge a lot more power damage than you can condi damage. Condi is absurd in WvW atm, which is the only place -condi duration food is used. It doesn’t help much when you get spammed with 10 condis every 3s.

I’m not even going to take you serious with how utterly ridiculous you sound. Pretending that Conditions just fall from the sky unto players through some form of unavoidable divine intervention from a higher being.

Conditions are applied the same way direct damage is. By getting hit. just like direct damage you can avoid getting hit by dodging.
You’re just propogating the same kitten anti-condition “arguments” that have been laughed at and debunked countless times over the past 5 years.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Use these together with the foods that boost a single condition (like +15% burning) and your traitlines (or sigil if you have no traits for it) and DPS is more or less comparable, so only classes that stack alot of different conditions like Necro are affected, my Guardian, Warrior and Thief are the same as before.

I would say Necro and Revenant got hit the hardest.

Actually, I think condi rev is doing slightly more damage than before so it’s not been hit that hard. Necro is well, just necro….they have their own problems that go well beyond food issues.

As for the whole condi food issue, like others have said it really did need a nerf. And I’m saying this as someone who plays a condi ranger (who actually probably got hit the worst of anyone). But I’d rather they buff my class then mess around with food to be honest.

We’re already there.

Stop believing in fairy tales. We have a power meta and we’ve had one since day 1 launch.

Um, what? I’m pretty sure he’s not the one believing in fairytales. I think you are the only person in the world that thinks power meta is a thing atm. I mean it was a thing for a very long time don’t get me wrong. But for the past while it’s been condi or go home.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

Cyninja.2954

We’re already there.

Stop believing in fairy tales. We have a power meta and we’ve had one since day 1 launch. The gap has been made smaller, but people were saying the same thing as you were since the launch week. Buzz words and mindless dogma, nothing more.

PvE benchamrks: https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/benchmarks-august-balance-patch/
I don’t think I need say more about pve.

As far as wvw: the best on use gear for wvw is traiblazer handsdown on most classes for roaming, small scale and huge fights.

Please stop trolling.

EDIT: just to make sure, those benchmarks are POST august 8 balance patch. The condi duration food on those builds is already nerfed.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Those benchmarks always make me so sad. I want to play a power rev, but it’s just not viable at all. I gave in and flipped my gear to vipers. Power ranger is also a dead thing. So despite my condi ranger being nerfed, I’m sticking with it because power ranger is just terrible atm.