Explanation about level 80 items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kal.4350

kal.4350

I’ve read several times that you can get your lvl 80 items from different sources, but that the items are the same. Or at least, have the same power. Could somebody please be more specific?

I know that items with different stats will have the same “total stat value”, but:

1. The exact item depends from the source? I mean, I get the dps oriented item from crafting and the tanky oriented item from karma for example? Or you can get all the items from the same source?

2. What are the different lvl 80 stat tiers and their sources? Up to yellows from random drops I guess, and then? I’m talking about stat items, not cosmetics.

3. What about pvp (wvw i guess since you don’t get items from spvp right?)? You get the same items from pvp as from pve or are they different?

thanks!

Posted by: Deith.7596

Deith.7596

Every level 80 exotic set shares the same stats, but got different looks. PvE and WvW shares same items (meaning, if you join WvW you don’t have to change your items*). Whemn you join sPvP you got your items replaced and get different ones, only for the sPvP

None of good stories starts with “I was drinking my milk when suddenly…”

Posted by: Ravak.5907

Ravak.5907

The exotics share the same total value of stats, but which stats are on a given piece depends where you look. The stats you want may only be on a karma vendor in Orr, or they may only be crafted. So figure out what stats you want first, then start the search for where you can get it.

Dulfy has a good site listing the endgame vendors. May want to check there.

Posted by: kal.4350

kal.4350

It’s pretty hard to find the specific source. For example, I’m searching for the heavy, vit,tho,pow set. Any idea where to get that one?

Posted by: Elydian.1763

Elydian.1763