Explore the World......or not

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nick.5276

Nick.5276

Am I correct in my understanding that although all of the maps on my character are displayed as 100% complete, they arn’t?

Is this a known issue? Does ANet have a plan to address it? is there a way of finding out what and where you don’t have?

Any help would be much appreciated

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Were they 100% before the NPE was changed? If so, then the starter areas will be where to look since hearts were added/changed

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

You’d be able to find out by putting your cursor over the individual map names to see if you’re missing anything. If you had 100% before they haven’t taken your star away.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

If you have just completed all maps and you didn’t get your gifts of exploration, and you hover over all the maps and they all say 100%, I guarantee you 100% you are missing the Chantry of Secrets POI. It will not show up until you’ve got it. It’s an instance in the Bloodtide Coast map inside the Deadend Cave on Stormbluff Isle.

If that’s not what you’re talking about, I’m not sure I can help you.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

Just a thought, if you have 100% map completion but was not reward with chest, what most likely happen is you missing the POI in order of whisper HQ.

Edit: someone beat me to it :P

Posted by: Larien.4803

Larien.4803

If you’re talking about the Explorer achievements, they rely on unlocking map areas, even if those areas have no points of interest to count toward the 100% you see on each map.

A good example of this would be if you can’t get Krytan Explorer because you’ve never been to Claw Island, a map area only accessible through level 60 personal story instances.

This sometimes also includes jump puzzles and mini dungeons, so it’s very possible to have 100% map completion and still be missing areas on most maps.

Nick.5276

Thank you all for your advice.

It is disappointing that there are areas that are included when they don’t seem reasonable, in an instance? really?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Are you referring to the Explorer Achievement or World Map Completion? Two different things. Explorer is much easier to achieve of the two. The Wiki is helpful, if you are having difficulties with either.

Good luck.

Posted by: Larien.4803

Larien.4803

I know. It’s very frustrating not having all my Explorer achievements because I haven’t done my personal story. I’m working on it, slowly, but it feels forced. I was never particularly interested in any sort of endgame content, but now the completionist in me can’t stand having Krytan Explorer always on my achievement summary screen, so close yet so far away.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I said it a couple of years ago, I’ll say it now, we need a sticky titled “Your Missing Spot for World Completion is the Chantry of Secrets.”

However, there are two different world completions. One gives you two Gifts of Exploration; that is the one involving wp’s, poi’s, vistas, etc, and it is the one you get percentage tracked on your map and character selection page. The other is an explorer achievement, and it involves unlocking all the white-named map areas whether or not they have anything giving credit to the Gifts.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

It is disappointing that there are areas that are included when they don’t seem reasonable, in an instance? really?

Why? You aren’t locked out of it. Its like a submap.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Nick.5276

Why? You aren’t locked out of it. Its like a submap.

Not being locked out and not knowing it exists at all to me are significantly different.

This is for legendary crafting indeed so instead of the long process for crafting it feels like it has become the “Haha needle in a haystack” to complete, when you arn’t even aware of which haystack.

I’ll be hitting the Wiki’s and guides online rather than being able to use a GW2 map feature

Nick.5276

You can complete most maps without uncovering all of its areas (those are tracked by the regional Explorer achievements); for example, you do not need to find most jumping puzzles, since these are in secluded areas without any map objectives to discover.

From the Wiki which incites me somewhat. If you have not discovered all the areas, how can it be considered 100%? There are no partials in 100% Completion