Exsanguinate(Dagger?)

Exsanguinate(Dagger?)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I’m half asleep so sorry for such a weird title topic… But here it goes. When thinking about what arena net could do with its next Legendary dagger I started to wonder what direction they could go with it. We don’t have a dagger themed for thief, necromancer or ranger so I started thinking about what it could be. Now this is just wishful thinking on my part so take my idea with a grain of salt. It probably is not this.

In Horror its a common trope to have some sort of demonic dagger that requires blood in order to work correctly, or something similar. And in some cases, the dagger directly takes that blood from its user. Sometimes having spines built into the handle so that the user bleeds no matter what. My Thought was that this would make a perfect legendary weapon as something that both assassins and dark priests have used before.

The Direct inspiration I see from this is from a little game I would be surprised if people working at Anet didn’t play it at least a few dozen times. betrayal at house on the hill. In this game there is an Item that fits this description called the blood dagger that digs into the user’s blood stream to fuel it. My thoughts instantly went to GW2 design in how this could be an amazing legendary with vines crawling up your arm and penetrating into it slowly turning a glowing red as the dagger comes alive in the user’s hand. With a trail of sanguine steps. Of course I think that it should look a bit different for sylvari. Since Sylvari have gold blood the dagger should be a gold color as opposed to red since their blood isn’t red. I don’t know if that would be feasible so I wouldn’t be upset if it was still red.

So um… Yeah.. that’s my idea for a legendary dagger in a nut shell.. Um.. What do you guys think?

Exsanguinate(Dagger?)

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

The theme is well thought out and presented. However, the studio has never shown realistic bleeding or blood. Perhaps life force instead of blood? I am not sure how life force would be visualized.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Exsanguinate(Dagger?)

Lily.1935

The theme is well thought out and presented. However, the studio has never shown realistic bleeding or blood. Perhaps life force instead of blood? I am not sure how life force would be visualized.

Thanks. That’s pretty good for me since I’m half asleep. XD

As for blood. Well, it doesn’t have to be like crimson red or anything. It could be a red glow in the vines moving into your arm. And its not like GW2 has no blood. It does have a bit, some necromancer animations as well as skills that cause bleeding have been shown to have a bit of a red blood animation to them. It is a Teen game so they could get away with it without a problem. I wouldn’t expect them to make a blood fountain.

Exsanguinate(Dagger?)

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

Life force generally takes the appearance of green floating orbs. That aside i do like the concept. I’ve been waiting for AN to come out with a dark/necro themed scepter but an idea like this might make me craft a dagger too. Time will tell. I could see a slight red blood mist around the wrists and blood puddles when walking.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Exsanguinate(Dagger?)

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

lol, for half asleep nice word choice. +1 there you do not exsanguinate often.

I like your idea, but also have reservations that ANet would probably shy away from something too graphic. Your concept of it meddling into the player itself could be conceptualized in some form to represent that its feeding off the player that is using it though.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Exsanguinate(Dagger?)

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

I would be all for a darker themed serious Dagger such as this idea.

Exsanguinate(Dagger?)

Psientist.6437

Leeches could be used to reference blood without showing blood. The dagger’s handle could be an open leech’s mouth that the player puts their hand inside, the mouth closing over the hand. Leeches could even slither up the arm and attach themselves. Excuse me, I have to go shudder.

Finn the human

Exsanguinate(Dagger?)

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Leeches could be used to reference blood without showing blood. The dagger’s handle could be an open leech’s mouth that the player puts their hand inside, the mouth closing over the hand. Leeches could even slither up the arm and attach themselves. Excuse me, I have to go shudder.

Um…no, no, no no, not the same image at all lol. You, stay away from Legendary designs.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Exsanguinate(Dagger?)

Psientist.6437

Um…no, no, no no, not the same image at all lol. You, stay away from Legendary designs.

I can’t. They’re delicious.

Smaller leeches could emerge from the player instead of, or with, the leeches emerging from the dagger. I don’t think stepping blood would work well . That would be a lot of blood to show and if your weapon is a colony of leeches, I would train them to be tidy eaters. Blood demanded by magic would rise in drops from the player, looking like a slow rain.

The dagger could be a beating heart instead. I would give the arteries and veins teeth and barbs.

Finn the human

Exsanguinate(Dagger?)

Lily.1935

For those curious where I got the inspiration from.

Attachments:

Exsanguinate(Dagger?)

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

There already is one of these. It’s a focus, the “Bloodseeker.” It’s kind of a small Bloodstone Shard, similar to the ones at the end of Arah P4.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodseeker

Mesmerising Girl

Exsanguinate(Dagger?)

Lily.1935

There already is one of these. It’s a focus, the “Bloodseeker.” It’s kind of a small Bloodstone Shard, similar to the ones at the end of Arah P4.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodseeker

that’s not even remotely the same thing.