Extend achievement points system ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tadayoshi.2815

Tadayoshi.2815

So I love that we get REAL rewards for archiving something in PvE, buuut imho it is still too dependent on daily and monthlies. I love the Idea of not waiting a day or a month to go further in collecting things. Yes once in a month I just want to sit down and play 10 hours and getting things. And not play 30 minutes and have to wait a day to continue. I don’t dislike dailies but imho it should be an addition and not a primary source.
If you calculate (Just PvE, without HoM and Events) points you will reach :

4091 AP this won’t even get you to the first 5000 chest.

As you see you are still heavily reliant on daily and monthlies. Which a lot of you may like, but I’m sure a lot also don’t like.
So why don’t extend on the Idea and make it waay less reliant on dailies and monthlies. I would love it, and it would be an opportunity to fill the quite empty PvE maps. What do you guys think, or even have a better Idea on where to go with APs ?

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I sort of agree. I prefer achievements that actually mean something. I’m not opposed to dailies, they should exist, but for a lot of people they aren’t a realistic way of earning achievement points. As it is I’m sitting at 4,600 the predominant amount of which comes from doing actual achievements (e.g. JP’s, Exploration, Killing).

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Personally I’d like to see an increased amount of AP rewarded for the PvP achievements, they’re few in numbers and awards roughly the same amount of AP as PvE achievements while taking longer to obtain, aswell as more effort.
Take for example the WvW slayer achievement, 51 AP for 250.000 kills, which is kinda low considering the sheer amount of time and effort you will spend on acquiring these.
Same applies to the various “Champion <prof>” titles from tPvP which does take a significant amount of time to acquire, yet only rewards 35.

But other than that, remember that you get APs for doing the living story aswell, and the agent of entropy grants you 2 for every 200 items you salvage(Oddly enough, salvaging pvp items in the mists doesn’t count towards this.)

Posted by: Tadayoshi.2815

Tadayoshi.2815

Personally I’d like to see an increased amount of AP rewarded for the PvP achievements, they’re few in numbers and awards roughly the same amount of AP as PvE achievements while taking longer to obtain, aswell as more effort.
Take for example the WvW slayer achievement, 51 AP for 250.000 kills, which is kinda low considering the sheer amount of time and effort you will spend on acquiring these.
Same applies to the various “Champion <prof>” titles from tPvP which does take a significant amount of time to acquire, yet only rewards 35.

But other than that, remember that you get APs for doing the living story aswell, and the agent of entropy grants you 2 for every 200 items you salvage(Oddly enough, salvaging pvp items in the mists doesn’t count towards this.)

Sure living story adds points but its nothing to work for in the long term since the biweekly change and frankly a lot of the achievements are done very quickly. I was more of thinking of integrating the existing World a lot more, since this would add something to do, would fill the maps eventually (if the system and of course reward is right) and it would make the dailies way less reliant, which again I think they are way too reliant.

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

My point is simply that while I agree that you may be somewhat overly dependant on dailies and monthlies, you’re nowhere near as bad off as the PvPers and WvWers are.