Extra skills -F key ... pof GONE MAD

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: finkle.9513

finkle.9513

Ok so looking at the new skills/ classes etc Its overwhelming to see that basically all classes have multiple modes with the F keys, like ele always had f1-f4 for different elemental skills.

All these new class skills have the 4x f keys, and more skills under rotation like rev uses herald/ glint etc

So instead of building new skills, it just seems they over complicate thing by having so much going on, and it being a dexterity Challenger over a skilled knowledge one.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Ok so looking at the new skills/ classes etc Its overwhelming to see that basically all classes have multiple modes with the F keys, like ele always had f1-f4 for different elemental skills.

All these new class skills have the 4x f keys, and more skills under rotation like rev uses herald/ glint etc

So instead of building new skills, it just seems they over complicate thing by having so much going on, and it being a dexterity Challenger over a skilled knowledge one.

How do you add distinct functionality without contextual limitations? Adding new binds is the only way to make that happen. For instance….. how do you use the new “context action” with the existing keys, without it robbing the original functionality of that key when active? F is our base line interaction key… and thats used for too many things to count; but it can be limited to physical proximity as its context. However, the Action key is conditional and completely disconnected from anything other then a specific, exclusive state on the player. Its identical in concept to “bundles”, which robs the skill bar when active, and can only have one state loaded at a time.

What expanding the F-keys is doing, is avoiding the requirement to load something into a slot in order to change whats actions it triggers. Again, Kits being an example of this. Or Rev’s Facet of Nature being universal to the Espec, but not forcing it to displace another skill in the Core Rev’s limited line up.

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

Change your keybinds so that it takes less dexterity to play.

Posted by: finkle.9513

finkle.9513

How do you add distinct functionality without contextual limitations? Adding new binds is the only way to make that happen. For instance….. how do you use the new “context action” with the existing keys, without it robbing the original functionality of that key when active? F is our base line interaction key… and thats used for too many things to count; but it can be limited to physical proximity as its context. However, the Action key is conditional and completely disconnected from anything other then a specific, exclusive state on the player. Its identical in concept to “bundles”, which robs the skill bar when active, and can only have one state loaded at a time.

What expanding the F-keys is doing, is avoiding the requirement to load something into a slot in order to change whats actions it triggers. Again, Kits being an example of this. Or Rev’s Facet of Nature being universal to the Espec, but not forcing it to displace another skill in the Core Rev’s limited line up.

No thats nonsense, how many expansions did gw1 get … at every expansion did we get another set of key bind? or did we just get skill diversity… i dont want more skills to use ontop of the current skills i use, i want the same amount of skills with more choice and a diverse build … nonsence to expect it to be normal on every expansion to get another layer of binds …

And to the person who says bind the key, is this allowed? is there a system in game for key binding skill sequences?

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

All these new class skills have the 4x f keys

If this is true, then I am happy. More skills = more fun.

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Change your keybinds so that it takes less dexterity to play.

Yep. I was never happier than the day I set my weapon skills to be 1-3, Q, and E, my utilities to be Shift+same, and profession skills to be Ctrl+same.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam