Extracting Runes from Ascended Gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Is there a way to extract runes from ascended gear without overwriting them? I want to extract my runes of durability but I don’t want to overwrite them because I spent all of two days doing the events in the jungle just to get them and it would be a waste to simply overwrite them.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Upgrade Extractor from black lion. prolly cheaper to overwrite though.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Retail price of extractor: 250 gems; minimum cost from bulk purchase: 200 gems.
Minimum gem:gold ratio these last few weeks ~35g/100 gems.

Thus the extractor is only economical when the price of replacing the runes exceeds ~70-90 gold (rounding off).

Durability runes don’t have a gold cost, of course, so you have to estimate whether “all of two days doing …events in the jungle” is worth more to you than spending hundreds and hundreds of gold.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

overwrite them.

Some time ago anet made it super easy to get the hot rune sets by doing a map from start to finish once or twice. Also if you wvw and have the provisioner you can get them for 75 hero currency each.

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

overwrite them.

Some time ago anet made it super easy to get the hot rune sets by doing a map from start to finish once or twice. Also if you wvw and have the provisioner you can get them for 75 hero currency each.

sweet man thanks buddy! The heroics notary does indeed sell the Runes of Durability for an affordable price of 12 silver + 75 tokens. This makes the decision fairly easy because I only play WvW and PvP and only play GW2 on the weekends so I’d rather not waste it doing things that I don’t enjoy.

I was thinking of just dumping real money on the extractors but looks like I don’t have to which is great!

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY