Extreme Clipping: ImperialOutfit, FemAsura

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DragoTheWise.7256

DragoTheWise.7256

Normally, I wouldn’t be too bothered by a bit of clipping, but the new outfit on Female Asura seems a bit extreme… I’m not exactly sure how this was allowed to get pushed to the gemstore. I’ve attached a screenshot showing this off. You can see most of her ears clip through the pauldrons and half of her hair in the back does as well. Those “fans” need to be either angled differently, shrunk, or simply having an option to hide them. I assume other folks are running into this same exact issue on their female Asura? I would like to buy this outfit, but the amount of clipping currently is the main factor in staying away for a purchase.

Attachments:

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

#ratpeopleproblems

On a more serious note, I’m still waiting for them to fix the horrible clipping of the magitech medium legs on human. It seems they just throw this stuff out in the hopes that enough people buy it anyway.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Long hair clips the fan on humans too. I can live with that

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

They gave people the female version of the outfit on female Asura (a rarity) and you find something to complain about!?! Hehe, jk. The clipping is pretty noticeable but what is worse – a male version of the outfit on female Asura or a little bit of hair clipping?

Posted by: DragoTheWise.7256

DragoTheWise.7256

I do enjoy the fact that they gave the Asura the female version. No complaints there. I mean, most of my characters are Charr anyways, so I’m somewhat used to a bit of clipping; however, this simply seemed a bit much especially with the ears. I suppose we’ll see if they’ll fix this and other types of clipping issues.

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

They gave people the female version of the outfit on female Asura (a rarity) and you find something to complain about!?! Hehe, jk. The clipping is pretty noticeable but what is worse – a male version of the outfit on female Asura or a little bit of hair clipping?

They made it more attractive to certain players so more people buy the outfit.
Customer feedback is alyays good, it might actually change something.

(lol)

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

I would have bought it if the other version had be used for asura and charr females. I find the current one very unimpressive. But hey, you just can’t please everyone.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

It looks even better if you’re in combat mode or running :P

Attachments:

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hey there. There is a thread about art issues over in the Bugs Forum. Link here.

If you could kindly post your concerns there, our art team will be able to view them most efficiently.

Thanks a lot.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

The year is 2015 already. You had enough time to fix the existing issues and try to better in the future, Anet.
It’s sad and embarrassing(for you) to see this after the constant bragging how Anet has one of the most talented people in the industry.
I can go and find older and even f2p games with no clipping issues.
GW2 claims to be AAA, yet such clipping passes QA? Nah, just kidding,why QA, people will buy it anyway.

Signed,
a charr who is tired of clipping.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

If it were ARMOR instead of an OUTFIT, then you could hide those shoulders, or use some from a different set.

Signed: Chairman of the Never Gonna Buy an Outfit Club of Tyria

Just sayin’…

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: climonite.8537

climonite.8537

Wow the only Dev reply of all the issues is a issue about a gemstore item… I get it’s your income, but kitten . Where’s the attention to the gameplay issues ?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Wow the only Dev reply of all the issues is a issue about a gemstore item… I get it’s your income, but kitten . Where’s the attention to the gameplay issues ?

Actually Gaile Gray isn’t a Dev. Her job seems to be more like Customer Relations. (Communication Team Lead). One of the things she does is read the forums. She answers some questions or refers people to the correct place to post and she also takes notes on feedback threads to pass on the information.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Wow, people really will cry about anything. :p

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Your own fault for making asura (or charr, or whatever animal).

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

oh yea right… we all should only make human females. Sorry my bad.. how could i even dare to think about making anything but human females >_>

Posted by: VaticanIscariot.1732

VaticanIscariot.1732

I kinda wish headgear would have its own hair so we aren’t bald…

But back on topic, my long hair clips a lot of armor =p. ah well.

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

Human females have had the same problem with the TA Shoulderpiece for years. I hate to be that guy, but I doubt this’ll get fixed any time soon :/

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

Bought it, because I love Canthan themed Outfits, this one is gorgeous and it looks different on male and female asura. Thought clipping wouldn’t be too bad, because my Main has very small ears (the tips clip a little bit, but it’s not that bad). But when I started running around, the whole thing started to clip through her head…

Attachments:

(edited by darkprecure.6129)

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

The year is 2015 already. You had enough time to fix the existing issues and try to better in the future, Anet.
It’s sad and embarrassing(for you) to see this after the constant bragging how Anet has one of the most talented people in the industry.
GW2 claims to be AAA, yet such clipping passes QA? Nah, just kidding,why QA, people will buy it anyway.

That made me laugh.

What, are you talking about those games where the armor is just a texture overlay on the character? Or those with a vast collection of… what, 6 armor models at most? Is it one of those games where the races vary between humans, long-eared humans and green humans?

See, I haven’t played a single MMO that did it better, and I’ve played a lot of ‘em. And yeah, it’s super easy to criticize, but are clipping issues that big of a deal considering the vast amount of customization available in Guild Wars 2?

In the modern gaming industry, rigorous testing has become extremely rare. Devs are being given extremely tight deadlines at all time and for no reason whatsoever, and they aren’t the ones making the decisions. I highly doubt they have the time to test every new armor with every possible body type, hairstyle, horns, ears and whatever else, that’s thousands of combinations for each race and sex.

So yeah, it’s 2015, but no company has an AI capable of creating perfect quality games in their stead. So we’re using the exact same techniques we were using 10 years ago, but with better technology. You can be condescending all you want, it won’t make you right. Y’know, unless you can do better.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I don’t like the clipping i see posted and I am going to get me this wonderful outfit as soon as I get my salary.

But I am trying to think for ways to fix this clipping… I can’t think of anyway to fix it for like long hair characters. I mean I choose not to have too longhair with my characters since they always clip in some ways. Long hair is a bother :P Big hair too (In this case).

So once again, how would you fix the clipping?
It’s easy to complain.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

The only way to fix it (at least a little bit) I could think of would be to change the angle of the collar/shoulderarmor from ~45° to something around 15-20°. I hope it’s possibly to fix it somehow, because the clipping through the head while running or fighting is really bad. It’s because Asuras walk and pose while fighting in their own, unique way.

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

either lower the collar/shoulderamor a couple degrees, or remove it completely

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

I noticed that too, but I don’t mind it. I’ve been dealing with my staff clipping through my Asuras head for 3 years, so I don’t mind some more stuff clipping through her head if it means she can wear a female outfit.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

oh yea right… we all should only make human females. Sorry my bad.. how could i even dare to think about making anything but human females >_>

Well no, you can make a human male, or just deal with the fact that you have clipping. Just like every other race does. They all do have clipping/glitching issues.

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

That made me laugh.

What, are you talking about those games where the armor is just a texture overlay on the character? Or those with a vast collection of… what, 6 armor models at most? Is it one of those games where the races vary between humans, long-eared humans and green humans?

See, I haven’t played a single MMO that did it better, and I’ve played a lot of ‘em. And yeah, it’s super easy to criticize, but are clipping issues that big of a deal considering the vast amount of customization available in Guild Wars 2?

In the modern gaming industry, rigorous testing has become extremely rare. Devs are being given extremely tight deadlines at all time and for no reason whatsoever, and they aren’t the ones making the decisions. I highly doubt they have the time to test every new armor with every possible body type, hairstyle, horns, ears and whatever else, that’s thousands of combinations for each race and sex.

So yeah, it’s 2015, but no company has an AI capable of creating perfect quality games in their stead. So we’re using the exact same techniques we were using 10 years ago, but with better technology. You can be condescending all you want, it won’t make you right. Y’know, unless you can do better.

This is why I weep for humanity – because people like you, white knights, and big corporation apologists, fanboys.
I’ve played probably most of the MMOs in the western market so I’m very aware of other games and clipping. I can safely say GW2 is one of the worst cases.
Deadlines and no time to test? Top of keks were had.
What kind of ridiculous excuse is that? It’s a business, respect your customers. Do you think car manufacturers are going to release a car with major flaw because a “deadline”? It doesn’t matter if it’s a virtual good or real one. Business is business, sadly the new generation of gamers are not very smart.
Can I do it better is not even a question to be asked. I’m not a 3d designer, neither I own game company, but if it was I was surely going to test stuff because you know… decency and stuff.

(edited by Bigsexy.8302)

Posted by: Shroedingers Chupacabra.2978

Shroedingers Chupacabra.2978

Honestly, it’s not any worse than other extreme clipping issues with outfits and hairstyles. I think the problem is that the gap on this one may be too narrow for some hairstyles, but it’s still better than some outfits with no gap in the back of the collar (see attached screen of noble count outfit on human female).

Attachments:

Posted by: UncrushablePigeon.8760

UncrushablePigeon.8760

I’ve gotten so used to clipping in mmo’s it doesn’t even surprise me anymore. Shame though.