[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

So far…

The map looks great.
The overall loot seems to be pretty good. It’s definitely a profitable place to hang around if you want to free-form it more than the usual meta events on other maps.

I am pretty disappointed by the hearts though. I was looking forward to them because I thought I read that there was going to be a reason to do them. Like they would be more rewarding than previous hearts. But nope they are pretty much the same thing. I mean they give the “perseverance” buff from SW, if you map out you lose that for the rest of the day so it’s best to ignore it entirely and not stress over it.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

I got into the the very first part of Ember and everything was slow. Got some lag so I guess I’ll give it a shot some other time.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I really enjoyed the story!
I liked everything about this episode, however, Hearts where one thing I dislike the most.
I do not enjoy them and I try to avoid them just like I do in Core of Tyria because I prefer dynamic events while exploring..

As for the Story itself, I wish it was longer. To wait 2 months to see what happens next is killing me… Why? Because I ENJOY IT… That’s why! I want MORE Of IT! lol

I loved how easy it was to get the new mastery (Exp wise) it reminded me of vanilla GW2 when I was just starting to level my char for the first time. I think the main reason why I felt that way is because of how much exp I get and how fast I get it which makes me feel like I’m progressing. It was not grindy which I find excellent!

I love the new baby dragon! Finally we got to see the egg hatched after so long. I have always wondered what happened to the egg.

I don’t trust Mursaat…

Do we really have to wait another 2 months to play next story episode? =(

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Newsin.1945

Newsin.1945

Cool area, cool monsters… but for petes sake have you guys not figured out how to make something challenging without using knockbacks? Seriously. Stuns and Knockbacks are the bane of this game for me. I understand you dont want players just running past things willy nilly but kitten . come on guys.

Everything else is good tho…

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

What’s with the open world PvP on the west side of the island?

EDIT: What I mean is, why are other players turning red?

It’s part of the story stuff. No one can damage you, and you can’t attack anyone else while it’s happening.

You collect jade armor pieces, and then put them on to disguise yourself as one.

Yeah, found that out later. I nearly panicked thinking open world PvP somehow made it into this game (and thankfully it didn’t).

Thanks Rose!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: CathShadow.9507

CathShadow.9507

I love this episode. I LOVE the map, mechanics, hearts, look and feel.
The map is stunning, the enemies are fun, the bosses and events too.
For the first time in a long time I was sad to stop playing.
Yeah… I really love this.
(Also, becoming the “friend of my enemy, and the enemy of my friend” (for a time) was an interesting (fun) twist)
Also: Taimi. Best. Character. Ever.

Hounds of Hades [HH] – Contact us for raid training!

(edited by CathShadow.9507)

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Lore time line seems off. Wasn’t the Crystal Desert the Crystal see around the time the tablets say the forgotten disappeared into the crystal desert?

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

Apart from the “Danger Room” bit… much better than the last one. Better map, better quests, better gameplay.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Newsin.1945

I really enjoyed the story!
I liked everything about this episode, however, Hearts where one thing I dislike the most.
I do not enjoy them and I try to avoid them just like I do in Core of Tyria because I prefer dynamic events while exploring..

As for the Story itself, I wish it was longer. To wait 2 months to see what happens next is killing me… Why? Because I ENJOY IT… That’s why! I want MORE Of IT! lol

I loved how easy it was to get the new mastery (Exp wise) it reminded me of vanilla GW2 when I was just starting to level my char for the first time. I think the main reason why I felt that way is because of how much exp I get and how fast I get it which makes me feel like I’m progressing. It was not grindy which I find excellent!

I love the new baby dragon! Finally we got to see the egg hatched after so long. I have always wondered what happened to the egg.

I don’t trust Mursaat…

Do we really have to wait another 2 months to play next story episode? =(

THAT SPOLIER THOUGH!!

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Evellynn Capone.6584

Evellynn Capone.6584

My opinion was after downloading the Patch…Visit the Map – Felt Bored – Log off!

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

As far as exposition goes:

original –
NPC: There’s disturbance in the air, communications are FUBAR.
NPC: That’s why you won’t be able to use the communication device Taimi gave you.

better way –
NPC: There’s disturbance in the air, communications are FUBAR.
PC: I see. I wonder if I can reach Taimi.. looks like I can’t.

A minor detail, I’m sure this slipped off the radar during the developement.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Newsin.1945

My opinion was after downloading the Patch…Visit the Map – Felt Bored – Log off!

What was it you didnt like? How long did you spend in the map? Did you manage any of the missions other then the one to get there? What did you think of the story? What made it boring?

Personally story was great. I enjoyed some of the events, I felt the story was a bit short. The area was nice. I like the idea of re-playable hearts. I feel like a the Mursaat Knock backs are ridiculous and their stuns. It wouldn’t be so bad if they weren’t stacked on top of one another. Because they are you get several knock backs and stuns in a row which = death in most cases. I dont think there could be enough waypoints. I love Taimi please keep her the way she is. Im hopeful for the rest of the area, though ive heard from a few melee friends of mine that they disliked it. with animation locks etc etc it makes it difficult to dodge AoE’s etc etc.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I am going to say – I do not like the Jumping Puzzle, nor that a mastery point and the map’s Full Achievement are tied to it. From what I’ve seen (Having completed it with the help of a map-breaker enthusiast mesmer), the puzzle isn’t for Jumping Puzzle enthusiasts – it’s for map-breakers. The use of gliding in the puzzle is great… but the sheer amount of dishonest geometry (Cliffs that look to steep to land on but aren’t, and platforms that look shallow enough to land on but aren’t), glitchy jumps (Either single, seemingly-arbitrary points to stand on dishonest geometry, and jumps exceeding normal jump height and angle, and jumps combining both, over unrecoverable falls), the puzzle goes from “Fun adventure” to “Complete bullkitten”

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Huge map. Good one too – well done!
Finally got to kill something that makes the Super Banana noise. That was pretty cathartic.
Last mission and the cutscene that pointed you there – epic. Interesting twist, might have seen it coming but I was, um, a little swamped you could say…

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Abimes.9726

Abimes.9726

The map is great , I realy enjoyed walking around there. I’m glad hearts made it back (even if they are a bit unrewarding), the storry so far is good (din’t finish it yet), the new skins are cool. Conditions thrown by minions is great and will force ppl to learn to cleanse them at the right time not as soon as they see 1 stack of tourment on them. Overal it’s a good patch.

I’ll just point out the currency problem of the 2 new maps —> make them stock into the walet

The Abundance of green destoyers (green doesn’t fit the fiery style of the map), putting enhanced regular destroyers (larger , with skulls on them , a few green ones) would be better in my opinion.

Finaly i’m a bit disapointed by the lack of challenge of the map considering it was one of the most difficult maps in gw1 (before heroes where introduced)

(edited by Abimes.9726)

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Mark.3102

Mark.3102

The Story was really good and I am really looking forward to the next episode, map overal is really nice. The new destroyes are nice and I like them (fan of the dark green magic). It’s a pitty that for full map exploration you need Ley line gliding.

Finaly, Am I the only one who got massive FPS drop to 5-7 when I am looking at that two volcanos? No matter the graphic setting, it’s the same, I even tried to play in custom resolution which was on the screen 6×6cm but still the same. So I wanted to ask if anybody else have this problem, or just my PC is getting old?

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I liked it, though the combat part of the instances was boring. Why did both have to have wave after wave of destroyers? The last instance went on for so long that I thought I was neglecting to do something to advance it and that the destroyers would just keep on coming until I figured it out.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Now that I’ve played more, I just have to say…Cutest NPC ever!!!

I’ve really enjoyed the story and the map; good variety of challenge levels. I only have 2 PoIs and 1 Vista to go, but I don’t feel I’ve even started really exploring.

I felt, and this has nothing to do with development, that I had to finish the story (and lesser so, the map)today, so that I could read the forums without spoilers.

Thanks, Devs; keep up the good work!

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

Aweosome job with hearths, good set of objectives, love having the option of just farm mobs with each hearth.
Jade armor boss the place to fight him too small.
Good overall map design, way better then BSF.
Nice to have weapons skins on the map as well ascended itens.
Good job with LS story, really liked it.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Unless someone else asked this…

The Ember Bay infinite Hearts – how do you get map completion? It appears I have to do all the Hearts in the same session along with the rest of the map exploration? If I only have an hour or so, this will be a tedious thing. I would not have spent ANY time doing these Hearts if I had known. Teach me not to read Release Notes I guess. Also each time I log in, since the Hearts are “incomplete”, I can’t access the Heart Vendors?

Edit: Oh, wait. Just read the release notes and it said nothing at all about how Infinite Hearts work with map completion. So…can we get an update to the Notes to ’splain these?

(edited by misterman.1530)

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Evellynn Capone.6584

Evellynn Capone.6584

What was it you didnt like? How long did you spend in the map? Did you manage any of the missions other then the one to get there? What did you think of the story? What made it boring? Personally story was great. I enjoyed some of the events, I felt the story was a bit short. The area was nice. I like the idea of re-playable hearts. Did you manage any of the missions other then the one to get there?

Spend 1h on the Map and maybe 30min Story. Was fall asleep while play the Story. The Events , Missions and the Hearts was all the same (do this, do that…). The Mursaats was to easy to kill. In my opinion there is no content for long term motivation.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

Story: All good even predicted the plot twist.

Repeatable hearts: Not a fan, doesn’t seem to be much point to it.

new JP’s: seem fun so far, you need to disable teleport to friends from working though.

Rewards:Gold costs on the new Ascended vendor are wildly overpriced (for something with a 10 day time gate what I assume is a fractal level gate too and very expensive integrated fractal Matrix cost. (I would literally completely remove the gold cost and it would still cost 85g worth of Stabilizing Matrix’s)

Carnival weapon set should not be gold based at all there are already dozens of gold based sets, it should have been unbound magic or some combination of a karma item and petrified logs.

New Karma rewards are nice, perhaps increase the karma gained from the repeatable hearts?

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

Carnival weapon set should not be gold based at all there are already dozens of gold based sets, it should have been unbound magic or some combination of a karma item and petrified logs.

^ This.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Ember bay – looks pretty sick! graphics, new monsters difficulty are great. Farming seems cool also.

PvP map arena – A little too big but very fun. Looks great. But didn’t like very much the revive buff and the buffing mechanic.

The story looks very promising and interessing on the active dragons. I liked how you handled Rytlock going to the mists and i’m looking forward to see what happened there.
Maybe throw Lions that attack only the enemy team instead of the buff.

(edited by Fade to Black.7042)

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Hornet.6357

Hornet.6357

Story-wise, I’m flummoxed about Primordous being able to absorb/tap into Zhaitan’s and Mordremoth’s spheres of magic. However, It obviously did have it’s high points. I found Caithe’s interest in the egg a bit odd, Marjory’s infatuation with Lazarus, and obviously the cuteness of the new dragon.

Map wise, Ember Bay is really interesting. I do wish you guys would release some new 4-stat combos, runes, and sigils in the future. I think 4,000 unbound magic is a bit high for the “Sparking Petrified Wood” , when the rings were only 1,000.

Fractal changes are very confounding. One the one hand, toughness scaling and boon thieves seem to have been very good decisions. On the other, I’m not sure the new instabilities were well implemented. It’s simply easier to try to avoid the toxic sludge instability and do the higher scales. Furthermore, Bling (the ascended item vendor) prices are astronomically high. Using “Medium Zojja ascended boots” as an example, it seems that buying from Bling is 40ish gold more (89g vs 131), then making the item. This is mindboggling, especially when you need another currency that is time gated.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Feersum Endjinn.4179

Feersum Endjinn.4179

The Ember Bay infinite Hearts – how do you get map completion? It appears I have to do all the Hearts in the same session along with the rest of the map exploration? If I only have an hour or so, this will be a tedious thing. I would not have spent ANY time doing these Hearts if I had known. Teach me not to read Release Notes I guess. Also each time I log in, since the Hearts are “incomplete”, I can’t access the Heart Vendors?

Edit: Oh, wait. Just read the release notes and it said nothing at all about how Infinite Hearts work with map completion. So…can we get an update to the Notes to ’splain these?

Yeah, you have to do all 5 hearts in same day once you have everything else.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

I just returned to PvE (thx for killing the EU MUs btw…) and i still need to farm exp for the first chapter (the magic counter skill thingy whatever). So i have to grind 500k exp to go to the next chapter. Please tell me, that the new map is not a open PvE clusterf*** again… i just want to play the story and do not want to be bothered with PvE Eventtrains. Thank you.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Yeah, you have to do all 5 hearts in same day once you have everything else.

Thanks!

Same day or same session? If I finish a heart, log out, then log back in, will it still be there? Plus – how do you know this? Experience? Or is there something in a release note I am not seeing?

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Iant Aman.4390

Iant Aman.4390

I liked the story and the new map; not sure about some of the achievements – they seem much on the grind side (saw a video of JP – a very big no for me; and feeding Hal seems only worthwhile with the current ‘workaround’, but I got the strange feeling the workaround will get fixed at some point; and even just a few hours into the patch already nobody seemed to be interested in fighting the champ in the Jade area anymore).
Please exclude the repeatable hearts from map completion requirement (or at least remember their prior completion so that after reset you don’t have to do them all over again just to complete the map)

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

Love the new map design and repeatable heart concept. Enjoyed the ley line “roller coaster” ride immensely. Really excited about this update!

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Overall impression of the new patch is good! The story is dropping some plot bombs, so it feels like there’s momentum. The zone feels pretty sizable, even though I’m about 60% after a night of exploration.

And from a design perspective I see a lot of encouraging things:
Return of Reputation quests. Repeatable rep quests feels like a good move for having something to do in the zone. They way they tie into the zone’s daily quest also gives a wider variety of things to do than waiting for specific bosses/events, like in Bloodstone Fen.
Rewards and currency. I feel this patch struck a better balance between unbound magic and karma. Being able to buy petrified wood from rep vendors is a great karma sink and encourages returning to the zone. Glad to see the (really expensive!) Carnival weapon set sneak in there. ( Not personally interested in the look, but I know at least one guildie is excited about it. )
No White Mantle Knights. Sorry not sorry, but it’s sad that this needs praising, since Bloodstone Fen is obsessed with killing players with range-8000 stuns. But that leads me to..
More flying! Bloodstone Fen and Ember Bay have given me a lot of use out of my Leyline Gliding skill, and I love it. They’re little magical highway lanes that get me quickly around the zone, which is convenient in a way that just feels better than waypoints, sometimes.

Combat has been standard fare, perhaps a bit condi-heavy, but it’s not something I notice much with my warrior’s build (clinging ferociously to Cleansing Ire). Not a problem, just as an observation. A wee bit melee-unfriendly with a few mobs, but that’s been a (very) common complaint since HoT’s release. Minor spoiler:I'm actually a little disappointed that I haven't run into exploding destroyers outside the first story instance. :P

My experience wasn’t all pleasant, but I think it’s mostly the corner of the zone I was in before I stopped playing for the evening.
That mastery point, yo. In the northwestern portion of the zone is one of the attunement mastery points, plopped in the middle of a lava pool. I tried pixel-wiggling toward it for probably 15 minutes but couldn’t reach it. I was fortunate enough to learn the way out in time to not eat a death over it, but I watched another character die in the middle of a the lava pool. In the middle of an attempt, SUDDENLY BOSS FIGHT and I’m nailed for 15 stacks of confusion while I’m still jumping out of the lava. (More on that later.) I would have liked a proper indication that I was supposed to wait for this boss. Still not great at conveying what needs to be done, sometimes.
Why bother with Stability, you’ll get CC’d anyway. I’d been meaning to write on how combat design actually devalues the Stability boon, because there’s no way to escape getting plowed into the ground or knocked back unless you have 100% uptime on a boon that’s specifically designed to have small uptime rates and long cooldowns. Between Jade Constructs and the lava pit boss, I’d probably gotten nailed for stun/KD more in one evening than I had in a week of playing other HoT content. After the White Mantle Knights, and now this, I just don’t see combat designers learning from or improving on the experience for the players.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

I love the new zone and story, however I really wish they’d do something about changing the story from the standard “dialogue, kill mobs without loot/exp, dialogue, kill more mobs without loot/exp, repeat” format.

Sure the story has some interesting twists, but why do we have to kill pointless mobs in EVERY single episode? Just remove the mobs, it’d make the story way more interesting and we can concentrate on that and then maybe do a boss fight now and then.

As for the new Fire map, it looks amazing. The Ley Gliding and Thermal Propultion is awesome and fun! However, I do wish you’d made the map more accessible on foot! The amount of times I give up on an objective or event because I cannot be bothered to walk 2miles south, to go 2 miles north just because I cannot jump up a tiny rock or ledge that’s in my way!

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Love the map, although i agree I’d prefer more traversing on foot. It’s only a small thing though. The coastal stuff all looks great, but again underwater ignored. Please, please bring underwater back into the fold. Otherwise the map felt like a classic GW2 map which is something we’ve been missing for a while. The Mursaat Fortress didn’t really feel like it had much in it though.

The story felt longer in some ways due to the mixing in exploration during the Ember Bay map parts. It could have used maybe another instance though. The quality of the narrative is also improving dramatically. It’s like a different game compared to the PS and it’s great to see this progress. I think we’ve already covered more plot in 2 episodes than the entirety of HoT..

The JP was not one of the most fun designs and didn’t grab me to try again. I suspect I’ll have one more go and never try again. Silverwastes was an example of how to make a fun, explorable JP.

Hearts. I’m ambivalent on these. They do seem to add a bit more NPC interaction and flavour to the map, but they are still completed far too quickly and easily. They need to be much more substantial.

Mobs. The mechanics were rather dull in open world. In the instance it was fine because they swarmed and they felt dangerous. They felt pretty weak in open world, which made little sense in context of the change. The Jade armours in contrast were deadly.

As for the overarching story, well it felt cheesy to combine dragons together to make super dragons but I think it might be the way to overcome the DSD issue. I hope it genuinely makes the Dragons more dangerous – we’ve taken them down seemingly too easily and quickly so far.

And the last instance was great fun. Really intense and challenging (for me). I genuinely felt I was in a battle that had stakes.

Overall, it was an excellent episode with an enjoyable, meaty map. Looking forward to episode 3!

(edited by Randulf.7614)

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Great map except for 1 thing. They labeled 5 events as “hearts” and require them for map completion. How can you compete something that has to be done regularly?

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Not a big fan of fireheart rise 2.0.

Since i’m a huge fan or VB and Auric Basin i guess my tastes are in stark opposition to most people commenting here.

I feel map is closer to classic flat maps from core game then the verical style of HoT ones save the gliding se tions. I miss the hidden areas, verticality and bit of everyday mazes to get to few hidden spots. In that regard map like dry top is much more to my liking (save my weakness is jungle not sands).

The new destroyers are a dissapointment. Don’t get me wrong i love their visual design (green+black is a fav color combo), especially on thralls with deathshroud like aura, but their difficulty is imho lower then destroyers from core game. The ones in core game loved to throw around fields of burning death (like in LS taimi’s game), but these “zhaidrem” destroyers feel hardly threatening at all save few mildly annoying condies and the usual “dodge harpy air bombing”.

Jade constructs on the other hand pick up the pace and are clearly more vcious and deadly, especially the ones with the bow.

Story takes quite the turn i enjoy and honestly you made a good choice there "dragons"having both Jormag and Primordus active. Jungle zones and dragon can fend for themselves in one xpac, but nothing but pure fire or pure ice ain't gotta make it. Having both at once is a good call if we gotta go there..

Also like how we’ll learn more about our new ally in due time.

I’ve yet to experience new fractals and new pvp map, but i can say it right off the bat – it’s really ugly. Feels like it was made with some low budget medieval knight tournament props. Seriously you could’ve made that colliseum desert themed with architecture made of sandstone, or oasis themed with some exotic palms and water trickling down from fountains and aqueducts without changing the general layout or map mechanic, but you went the village people way with only thing missing being a cow next to your base, feeding on it’s hay swatting flies with tail and readying to drop the big one once we hit 11:00 minutes timer on the map.

Overall – i appreciate the serious effort of adding both spvp and solid size pve map along with other changes.

I don’t like however how these are taking too much of a turn torwards casual and core game aesthetics (rather flat ember bay, alpine borderlines feely spvp map).

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

After a couple of days and a couple of accounts I am quite happy with the story and the zone. I am not one to farm a zone but there is enough to do while completing the story and map to keep me interested. Only complaint is how a dragon was pixilated but other than that very good.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

As I said in the last chapter:

More Central Tyrian Masteries please!!!

(I haven’t done enough of the content yet to give more specific feedback.)

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Critical Lag.9075

Critical Lag.9075

Great update, I love the new map and the story. The only thing I think is meh are the repeatable hearts. They dont feel rewarding, they don’t really give any rewards, they just unlock a karma sink and once you buy all unique items, they will only have 3 daily logs and if you for some reason dont have karma, there is no reward for you except that 3silver and 600karma, which is nothing when most items are 2-3k+.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

Huuge. Very hot. Really nice map.

Ley line roller coaster

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Biermeister.4678

Biermeister.4678

Where are the Hydra’s?

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Had fun with it for a few hours last night, looking forward to exploring more after work today.

And… Thank God you guys appear to be heading away from the convoluted multi-layer HoT style maps. This design feels like a nice compromise.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

The new armor is the same for all the armor classes? Hopefully the next pieces won’t be.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Dear Diary. Today I found out that ANet was negligent in providing warning instructions and safety railing around the pools of molten lava.
Other than burning to death and being murdered by the local wildlife though, I had a great time.
_

I did like the repeatable hearts but this idea needs to have an ongoing reason to do the heart after the first week or two has passed otherwise it will quickly become a boring grind or ignored. Perhaps the completion of the heart should give something besides silver and karma, such as after X number of times doing the heart you get discounted prices or an additional amount of map currency.

I did very much like the ley line travel and the rocket launcher type travel. That can definitely be kept. One problem though. Ley line travel is so far down the line of maguuma masteries and had so little use in that map that I doubt that a large number have it. Maybe ANet should look into making it more accessible.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Only had a short time to play last night…on finding devices in story(no spoilers).

Pros:
Map is great. Its HUGE! I even did some ley-line gliding just to open up map and didn’t get it all uncovered.

I find it pretty easy to get around, even without having the thermal tube thing open yet.

I am enjoying the LS so far.

I LIKE the Hearts. They are simple, not grindy. I finished each one in less than 5 mins. I like making them repeatable as part of the Map-Dailies. If you don’t liek hearts…just don’t do them. I’ll take all the extra Unbound Magic/Petrified Wood I can get.

Cons(read as suggestions more than actual “Cons”):
I do think it would be cool to have a mix of the “triple threat” destroyers, but also some regular ones mixed in there as well. It woudl just add to the feel of the “Fire Islands”.

There’s some map holes…places you can slip into and get stuck and have to waypoint out. I hope people are reporting these so they can be fixed.

I am missing the regular denizens of the Fire Islands. I know its been 250 years…but small spots where they could be concentrated due to this new overrun of Destroyers would be cool.

I really wish we could get a tab for the new currencies/tools. (Rubies, Crowbars, Machetes, Petrified Wood, etc.) They are starting to pile up in INV spaces. I know, I could bank them and have to get them out each time I was oging somewhere…or use shared spaces(but I haven’t been able to afford getting more than the initial 5 and 1 freebie(and since 3 of those get taken up by gathering tools…its not enough space anyway). Lets get a tab or add them to the Wallet…I know not all of them are currencies…but the ones that open things may as well be considered a currency.

Overall, I like it a lot. Stay on this course, and I’ll sail along with you. Keep up the good work.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

My opinion on the map itself are already in the thread, but I Just finished the story and wanted to leave feedback on that.

Loved it! Up until the last episode. Seriously ANet you should try playing some of your LW episodes on a mesmer, its beyond miserable. Ads spawning 2, 3, 4 times faster than we can even hope to clear, the majority of our condi cleanse is tied to our main way to burst, multiple conditions being applied every second because the only attack most of these mobs have apply conditions at a 100% chance. Its just far too many mobs for a mesmer to deal with effectively alone, not to mention that because all of their attacks apply conditions, the longer they are kept alive the more dangerous they are….. Its fine if you want us to not solo story missions. But then you should design it so that its a pain in the kitten for any class to solo, not just for mesmers to solo. It was not a fun episode to play at all.

I do like the baby dragon though. It was really cute. One thing about it though, since LWS2 changed how the bower looks in the Grove once you get past a certain episode (the Pale Tree gets knocked on her poor head), why can’t the egg chamber in Tarir get the same treatment? I went back in after the episode to check, and it didn’t update to have a dragon there instead of an egg.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

Map is good, lots to explore, but seriously… you guys need to hire better designers for the reward armor. nothing SCREAMS dragon armor like wearing a huge kitten cottonball for a helmet…. really?? the shoulders at least have scales on them…

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I loved the new map, it gave me the same feeling as it did in GW1, for me it was pure eye candy. I’ve not finished looking around yet, but I love it.

The store was well done, very well done. The last mission, nomygod. I have never enjoyed a mission so much. It hit the sweet spot for me in terms of difficulty. I really felt like I was in a fight for my life.

The only thing I would change is how you access the last mission, if the events on, you have to wait till it’s over before you can carry on. I personally don’t have a problem with it, but for people with limited play time I can see this being frustrating, especially as how awesome that last mission is.

Great work everyone. Probably the best LW I have ever played, and I’ve played them all.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Shadows Creed.3902

Shadows Creed.3902

Think the map and living story are great.

The amount of items we hold in our bags now keeps growing. I get that petrified wood is hard to put in the purse because you can also salvage it. But can we please please please put like the chak acid in the purse with our currencies? It is out of control if you are going to keep putting in new items like these every map.

Company Of Traveling Heroes [CTH]- maguuma

Leader of ninja ops

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The Thermal Tubes look like that were placed backwards and fire you through it’s pointy wall

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

[FEEDBACK] Rising Flames

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

Hands off to this episode, it definitely beat the first. I still notice the trend of wanting to blow everything up however. I’m not sure when that’ll end, but at least this lovely place was kept intact..for now. It’s a LOVELY map, I absolutely love it, its large and wide, yet the monsters vs breathe-able space is great. I love that everything here isn’t trying to kill you like they were in Southsun, VB, or The fen. Those maps were hell, and actually stressful to even spend a few mins on so ..I wouldn’t, i’d be in and out asap. This map is the opposite, I actually want to spend time in it do the hearts (I love that they’re back), and explore.

As for the story I have to say this episode was far more entertaining than the first of this LS3. The first felt like a complete chore to complete, where as this one I was doing it while adventuring at the same time and I didn’t even notice. It was meshed together in such a way that I feel it kept the player wanting to keep going. The plot twist at the end was amazing as well I have to give an A+ to that really keeps the players on their toes (Or at least me), and wondering what’ll happen next.

When it comes to the new weapons added in, the carnival/circus weapons I really wonder if this is the direction all new weapons will be introduced in and if so why the sudden change? They don’t quite seem worth the amount of gold, I’ve heard and seen lots of gold and karma sinks in this patch. I’m not too sure what to make of them, but I personally don’t see myself using them any time soon. I like to hoard my gold and karma.

And finally as for the Mursaat backpiece and glider I have to say…IT SCARES ME. I got a fear of spiders and just seeing that around gives me the heebie jeebies …

Either way I love this latest episode, keep up the good work!! I hope to see more of this type of game play around more. It really felt and gave off that excitement of a ‘first’ experience I got when i first started playing in central trying. Very nostalgic.

P.S.: Please put the new currencies into our Wallet..