FGS "Defend Coiled Watch"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GrayNote.3467

GrayNote.3467

ANet must do something about it, ppl purposely fail the event so they get more bags from squishy champs.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Since patch I have been running PvP but my farming guild has told me both fail/win timers are 15min so idk why people would fail in phase 2 when if you run full event you get more loot and still wait the same amount of time.

Necromancer Main

GrayNote.3467

no, they’re not failing the last part, they’re failing the first part which they only stick at tower for champs.

Zoso.8279

How long is the reset timer for failing the 2nd phase? I was under the impression that fail timer was same in all phases. Before 9/9 patch if you failed in protecting the dolyak or last part with shamans the fail timer was the same don’t know why it would be different now.

Necromancer Main

GrayNote.3467

It’s not failing in protecting dolyak, it’s before the doyak. The first part were you will defend the tower in the waves of mobs, after you fail it, it will reset 5mins.

Posted by: gobax.6185

gobax.6185

Weird. Evrytime i farm there, people finish it. I think it is dumb to let it fail since you get more champ bags finishing the entire thing rather than the first part.

If first part fails and resets in 5mins, finishing the entire run with the reset time of 10mins is much more champbags/hour.

Zoso.8279

Weird. Evrytime i farm there, people finish it. I think it is dumb to let it fail since you get more champ bags finishing the entire thing rather than the first part.

If first part fails and resets in 5mins, finishing the entire run with the reset time of 10mins is much more champbags/hour.

I’m thinking 10 if fail and almost 20-25 if you win…. I see no point in failing lol but to each their own i guess… some habits are hard to stop :/

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Well I am sure ANET will look at it and see how the same players continually try to find a way to mess it up for everyone else.. so the timers will get pushed back or DR increased more all in the effort to deter, instead of hitting those players where it hurts them most.. account roll backs and perma bans…
Instead all that happens is they screw over the event, ANET eventually nerf it (weeks too late) and those same players go find exploits, “grey areas” elsewhere and send it viral across the whole plyerbase until that gets nerfed – pretty soon nothing in game will left for players to small scale farm… but those same players are allowed to run through the game continuously without fear of action an free to continue on in their search for new ways to incessantly exploit the game in some way.

Zoso.8279

But if they fail here they are actually losing out on drops…. lol its less effective then actually completing the event… they think they are getting more bags but in reality they are getting less bags…. lol they are screwing themselves over by not completing the full event. LOL the more I think about it the more it makes me laugh.

Necromancer Main