Finally Weapon Skins We Can Buy!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jakkson.4076

Jakkson.4076

Well done!!!!

Will spend some loot on them even if I don’t like the skins to encourage more of this from ANET!

WOOOOT!!!!

Don’t hate the player hate the game

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

yes agree thanks anet for this skins for people like me with job that cannot farm!!

Really cool skins!

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Like the winterdays ones? or the Flame and Frost?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

a bit to costly for my taste. they could go down to 400 in my opinion.

Posted by: JonG.7206

JonG.7206

This is indeed a great thing but we have had Rox’s shortbow and quiver and Braham’s mace and shield as well. If you; complain a lot about RNG, like the skins, enjoy other aspects of the game and have some disposable income then put your money where your mouth is and fork out some cakittenhe only way you’ll see more stuff obtainable like this is if it is more profitable than people paying for RNG chests.

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Do you have pictures of those skins ? Can’t play currently…

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

Yeah, they are great, I won’t buy them because none of my characters use that kind of weapons but it’s good to have them. I’m more curious about the next gemstore armor sets.(Come on, the Phalanx is awesome, you can do even better)

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

love these weapons and I think the price is fair this time. considering what armor and the toxic skins were I was scared these would be pure RNG or even more gems.

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Here is the new staff

Attachments:

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

This is what ANet needs to do more.
I’m okay with the idea that you could earn them as well, but at least give us the alternative to buy them too.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I really really like the staff skin.. I hope they release an entire set of that!

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

What? Flame and frost were both not purchasable and one of the biggest let-downs since launch.

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

What? Flame and frost were both not purchasable and one of the biggest let-downs since launch.

Jski is talking about Braham and Rox’s weapons, including Rox’s Quiver, the only buyable quiver skin the game ever had and very popular with bow users.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

Love it! Just bought the staff, thinking of picking up two of the daggers as well.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

That axe skin looks perfect for my necro, to buy or not to buy, hmmmm choices, choices.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Thank you for not making this RNG! Will definitely buy the staff this weekend.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Jski is talking about Braham and Rox’s weapons, including Rox’s Quiver, the only buyable quiver skin the game ever had and very popular with bow users.

Oh okay, forgot about those

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Nice looking staff. Like the daggers and axe too.

Keep the ball rolling. I know this is subjective, but items can be pretty or devilish..just don’t make em ugly. Goes for gear too.

Posted by: Qin.7325

Qin.7325

here’s another staff picture

Attachments:

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Thank You so much!
I was quite worried that I won’t be able to get Kasmeer’s staff- my little Mesmer is eternally grateful

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

The skins are awesome!!!
Its a pity there aren’t other items themed after those skins but I guess those will have to do.

I sure hope to see more items like this. Especially with similar effects to the tail that dagger has. It looks so great.

As someone said before you could lower the cost for 1 handed weapons to 400 gems since you have to buy 2 anyway. Aside from that GREAT WORK!!!

Posted by: MAD CAT.9321

MAD CAT.9321

Picture of the longbow?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Picture of the longbow?

there is no long bow- the Marjory/Kasmeer skins
are a Staff, dagger and axe

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Those are the first actually really good designed weapons in the whole game

In general, the weapon designers are doing terrible in this game. I cried so many times. Like there are acutally 2-3 good looking Swords in the whole game. Even the legendaries are ugly in general.

Create new weapons with quality – the current one are very bad made. One of the biggest negative points about this game – bad weapon design.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: Mojo.7986

Mojo.7986

Yep, and just like the armor skins, when you want to maybe try a different skin in the future, they expect you to A.) flush your money down the toilet by applying another skin over it B.) craft another ascended weapon (or armor) to put that new skin on C.) buy something for money that helps you to save the money you already spent. If it comes out of the gem store, until they put them in the achievement skins panel that you can reuse, I won’t be buying more skins no matter how much I like it or want to try it. I am not wasting money I already spent or going with one of their three “options”.

I bought $70 worth of armor skins for my characters and they are cemented on until they give me a way to save that purchase. I don’t care if they are only usable by the character that first applied it, but I am not tossing out a perfectly good skin that cost cash.

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

I like the staff but I don’t have a toon/build that uses it. Even the ele’s lava font build would be a stretch as I prefer LH.

Septemptus.7164

If it comes out of the gem store, until they put them in the achievement skins panel that you can reuse, I won’t be buying more skins no matter how much I like it or want to try it. I am not wasting money I already spent or going with one of their three “options”.

I bought $70 worth of armor skins for my characters and they are cemented on until they give me a way to save that purchase. I don’t care if they are only usable by the character that first applied it, but I am not tossing out a perfectly good skin that cost cash.

THAT!!!

You have my sympathy and +1

I feel the same way about buying skins in TP.

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Yep, and just like the armor skins, when you want to maybe try a different skin in the future, they expect you to A.) flush your money down the toilet by applying another skin over it B.) craft another ascended weapon (or armor) to put that new skin on C.) buy something for money that helps you to save the money you already spent. If it comes out of the gem store, until they put them in the achievement skins panel that you can reuse, I won’t be buying more skins no matter how much I like it or want to try it. I am not wasting money I already spent or going with one of their three “options”.

^I agree.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’m okay with the idea that you could earn them as well, but at least give us the alternative to buy them too.

No they need to make them drop in game more often. And even if you make them shop items which I find greedy as hell, they are way too expensive now.

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

I love that staff… It will look amazing on my mesmer and I’m going to buy gems for it tonight.

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

awesome skins, now give me something for my characters since they are all male:)

Atlas.9704

No they need to make them drop in game more often. And even if you make them shop items which I find greedy as hell, they are way too expensive now.

How often is more often?
I’m not going to debate on price, because one person’s value of fair is “too greedy” for others.

All I’m stressing is: if they bring new skins into the game then don’t hide behind the random chance of black lion ticket scraps. Give us a chance to earn or buy, but allow both chances. Some folks are willing to fork over the cash, others aren’t so willing. I think we should have both options.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Yes, finally more direct purchase weapon skins. Only problem I find is the cost, would prefer them to be 400 gem(, or at 600 and we can get unlimited copies) and not being able to dye them (why must the staff be pink?).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

All I’m stressing is: if they bring new skins into the game then don’t hide behind the random chance of black lion ticket scraps. Give us a chance to earn or buy, but allow both chances. Some folks are willing to fork over the cash, others aren’t so willing. I think we should have both options.

But, you already can if you trade gold for gems. Granted that they are definitely expensive for the gold currency, but at least it isn’t just dumb luck chance. If you want one you can earn it and know what it will cost you, or you can open the wallet and buy it and know what it will cost you. For me this is WAY better than the BLTC junk.

I bought the staff. I like the skin, and even though I don’t have a female caster (the skin seems very feminine) it supports them doing business in a way that I prefer. I’ll find somewhere to use it

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The skins are great, but I find it amazing that people think they are too expensive. Lulwat?

The lower range “exotic” weapon skins in this game range from about 30-200+ gold (400-3000+ gems), higher range skins easily double that (ie 6000+ gems) while legendaries are 2000+ gold (22000+ gems).

And people think 600 gems is too expensive?!?!

Atlas.9704

But, you already can if you trade gold for gems. Granted that they are definitely expensive for the gold currency, but at least it isn’t just dumb luck chance. If you want one you can earn it and know what it will cost you, or you can open the wallet and buy it and know what it will cost you. For me this is WAY better than the BLTC junk.

Exactly what I’m saying. If they release skins there should be a pay as well as a earn option.
Don’t want to fork over the money because your wallet it tight? Fine! Go play and earn the (just throwing a name out there) Magic Giggle Stick skin or grind out gold and transfer into gems to buy it.
Don’t want to spend all that time on getting Magic Giggle Stick, but have a few dollars laying around? Fine! Whip out that credit card and throw ANet some money.

That’s exactly how they should market most of their skins for weapons and such.
I’m tired of random chances with those blasted black lion boxes, scrape up enough of those scraps and then get what you want? I did away with that as a kid when I had to collect box tops for some toy that wasn’t in the cereal.

Now stuff out of season, like Halloween skins they might not release in the next year or stuff they’ve ‘retired’ from a store? Maybe that’s a half decent compromise to put them in the Black Lion weapons vendor.

This way people can still access the retired skins, the gem store isn’t stuck with last season stuff when they want to sell a new season look, and ANet still gets some use out of their Lion chests. It is inconvenient, but hey you wanted that Magic Giggle Stick that was out of season 8 months ago.

I bought the staff. I like the skin, and even though I don’t have a female caster (the skin seems very feminine) it supports them doing business in a way that I prefer. I’ll find somewhere to use it

I’m toying with the idea of a Rule 63-ish Kasmeer. Making it a big Norn male who is a Mesmer and epic mustache. The total opposite of her and have him use this skin.

It would be a blast.

Septemptus.7164

The skins are great, but I find it amazing that people think they are too expensive. Lulwat?

The lower range “exotic” weapon skins in this game range from about 30-200+ gold (400-3000+ gems), higher range skins easily double that (ie 6000+ gems) while legendaries are 2000+ gold (22000+ gems).

And people think 600 gems is too expensive?!?!

So true…

Exactly what I’m saying. If they release skins there should be a pay as well as a earn option.

Nope. Those skins are awesome and really cheap through conversion, so why would you want to get them in game?
There is plenty of items/skins in game.

They should focus on adding more to direct purchase instead of RNG – thats the fact.

Atlas.9704

Nope. Those skins are awesome and really cheap through conversion, so why would you want to get them in game?
There is plenty of items/skins in game.

They should focus on adding more to direct purchase instead of RNG – thats the fact.

I’m not advocating that the Kasmeer weapon skin right now need to have an in game earn.

I’m advocating that in game skins need more Gem Store purchases.

I’m advocating that skins like this, when they go out of season, could be earned via RNG via that thrice cursed BLTC system. But never am I advocating that RNG is better than Gem Store purchases.

The flow for armor and weapon skins, in my opinion should go:
*Introduce to Gem Store the more exotic ones, like this one.

*If ANet feels that last season’s stuff needs to be retired from the shop, put them in BLTC weapons vendor so folks that couldn’t get them when they were hot still have the chance to earn them. (Ideally this shouldn’t happen. ANet should keep all their Gem Store skins available in the blasted store, but they are a business and they do this to create a scarcity feeling. It sucks, but that’s how businesses turn items around. Our ideal little worlds will conflict with business models, that’s a fact we have to deal with.)

Honestly we’re arguing in circles, that’s the fact. I’ve gone out of my way multiple times to say that people who want to purchase in the Gem Store have been getting the short end of the stick lately. That supports your statement where we need more direct purchases.

ANet, more Gem Store armor and weapons, we’ll throw gems at you. Don’t be afraid.

(edited by Atlas.9704)

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

The lower range “exotic” weapon skins in this game range from about 30-200+ gold (400-3000+ gems),

The most I ever paid for a skin was 26g for Bonetti’s Rapier shortly after it was introduced. To me that is very ‘high end’ and the only reason I bought it was because I had a drop I sold for 68g, and it was perfect for my ranger….

Apart from that, a couple of rare times I paid around 3-4g for a particular skin I liked on the TP, and thought that was expensive. Many of the skins I have I bought from various karma vendors, a few others I got with dungeon tokens, Otherwise I go with whatever drops for me that I like.

So yes, to me 600 gems is much too expensive for a one-time use skin ..

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

600 gems is quite expensive, but I’d much rather have a definite weapon than spending gems on keys…

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

600 gems is a bargain compared to getting a ticket yourself. Trust me, some people literally begged Anet for this at a suggested gem price of 2000 gems.

This is, especially considering their quality and popularity (and anet’s previous extortianist gambling RNG #%^*%# track record) truly a bargain. It’s a giant leap in the right direction. I very much applaud it.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The lower range “exotic” weapon skins in this game range from about 30-200+ gold (400-3000+ gems),

The most I ever paid for a skin was 26g for Bonetti’s Rapier shortly after it was introduced. To me that is very ‘high end’ and the only reason I bought it was because I had a drop I sold for 68g, and it was perfect for my ranger….

Apart from that, a couple of rare times I paid around 3-4g for a particular skin I liked on the TP, and thought that was expensive. Many of the skins I have I bought from various karma vendors, a few others I got with dungeon tokens, Otherwise I go with whatever drops for me that I like.

So yes, to me 600 gems is much too expensive for a one-time use skin ..

I crafted Bifrost before it was ascended and you could change stats so to me its nothing. I am certain there are thousands of other players that will say the same, lol. kitten just a single part of legendary crafting is twice the cost of the gemstore skin (ie icy runestones) and you got 20 or so of those parts to make (that’s ignoring the 6000-8000 gems worth of precursor you need).

600 gems for a good quality skin with an effect is simply laughable. Not that I care though, we’ve wanted gemstore skins for a while. Wont buy it anyway. Got bifrost

(edited by Dawdler.8521)