Frost gorge train ruined

Frost gorge train ruined

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: shwan.3051

shwan.3051

WHY ANET? My only source of income is gone. Life is not worth living anymore. But seriously, this was not even clear in the patch notes. This patch went ahead without the approval of the community. I’m sure this is devastating to everyone! How can anet change something so drastic and not ask the community how they would feel about the train being removed. This change is so drastic, it needs democracy and opinions of others.

We want the train back.

(edited by shwan.3051)

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Good.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Wah I can’t get tonnes of gold while half Afk while watching a show at the same time oh the horror

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: UltraMatuM.6510

UltraMatuM.6510

Yeah we want the train back, why ruin it?

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Sekhmet.6153

Sekhmet.6153

yes, because its always a good thing to make people have to grind more for gold in a game where the developers mentioned as one of their primary goals being to eliminate grind associated with MMO’s.

Although, its still a bit odd to see so many people complain about ways to make gold in the game.

I never saw the big deal about champion runs/trains/farming. It doesn’t hurt the community and gives players the chance to make money without having to devote 1200+ hours to get anything worthwhile

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

More awesome news.

Sooooo happy!!!!

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

This is the good part of the update.

Frost gorge train ruined

Sekhmet.6153

More awesome news.

Sooooo happy!!!!

Out of curiosity, why exactly does this make you happy?

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Nayriu.7150

Nayriu.7150

I agree, lowering the amount of gold in boxes is one thing but ruining the spawn times is ridiculous.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Vaultnishi.4209

Vaultnishi.4209

Yeah saw the nerf as well, 15 min group timer between spawns, same loot from the boxes and only 88c for succeeding event.

Sigh.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

WHY ANET? My only source of income is gone. Life is not worth living anymore. But seriously, this was not even in the patch notes. This patch went ahead without the approval of the community. I’m sure this is devastating to everyone! How can anet change something so drastic and not include it in their patch notes?

PROTEST!!!!

They did talk about the new schedule that the world bosses/champs are on.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-world-bosses-and-events/

Also, what makes you think that patches are supposed to be approved by the community first? This is not some kind of democracy, lol.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Did they make the troll and wasp elite yet? They should.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: kmortonson.2154

kmortonson.2154

WHY ANET? My only source of income is gone. Life is not worth living anymore. But seriously, this was not even in the patch notes. This patch went ahead without the approval of the community. I’m sure this is devastating to everyone! How can anet change something so drastic and not include it in their patch notes?

We want the train back.

They do mention it in the patch notes, under World Polish in the Balance, Bugs and World Polish section:

All open world champions have been converted into events to allow for them to scale for large groups, or have had their classification changed to elite or veteran.

What I don’t understand…..why nerf the Frostgorge train but not the Queensdale train? This will just drive more people to the Queensdale train – which is already creating a toxic environment for new players to see as their first experience in GW2.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

We want the train back.

They do mention it in the patch notes, under World Polish in the Balance, Bugs and World Polish section:

All open world champions have been converted into events to allow for them to scale for large groups, or have had their classification changed to elite or veteran.

What I don’t understand…..why nerf the Frostgorge train but not the Queensdale train? This will just drive more people to the Queensdale train – which is already creating a toxic environment for new players to see as their first experience in GW2.

They did nerf the queens train, spider is now a vet, and bandit is a vet as well I think.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: kmortonson.2154

kmortonson.2154

We want the train back.

They did nerf the queens train, spider is now a vet, and bandit is a vet as well I think.

Gotcha – I expected the loss of spider once I saw the patch note, but didn’t see anything about a change to the bandit event. Thanks for the update.

Frost gorge train ruined

Fasalina.6571

More awesome news.

Sooooo happy!!!!

Because people that champ farm are too brain dead to play the TP.
Which means people will do more dungeons now. Good enough for you?

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

More awesome news.

Sooooo happy!!!!

In other words, doing something in game they didn’t want to do in the first place, but sense it’s the only way to make gold now aside from t6 mat farming,(and flipping of course) meh.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Frost gorge train ruined

Sekhmet.6153

More awesome news.

Sooooo happy!!!!

Not everyone wants to play the TP, that doesn’t make them “brain dead” as you seem to call it. I could just as easily call that even lazier than actually playing the game via a champ train, which itself isn’t very hard to do.

Besides, why should it matter to you how other people spend their time playing a game?

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Even though I did not care much for champion trains myself, the fact many people come here just to say how happy they are is pretty deplorable.

“Play how I want you to play” at it’s finest.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

More awesome news.

Sooooo happy!!!!

Dungeons (and normal dynamic events) got nerfed as well. TP flipping didn’t. Just saying.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Even though I did not care much for champion trains myself, the fact many people come here just to say how happy they are is pretty deplorable.

Maybe if the champ trainers weren’t so rude to those who kill champs out of cycle, then people wouldn’t be so happy about this change.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

Maybe if the champ trainers weren’t so rude to those who kill champs out of cycle, then people wouldn’t be so happy about this change.

Nah, the players happy about this change would be happy about it either way. Why? Because they don’t believe participating in the train is how the game should be played, so everybody else in the world should be discouraged from doing it. That’s the only reason. They’re just your typical conceited kittens that thinks everything should be done their way, no exceptions.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

You guys that are exclaiming “Good!” might not be so happy if this makes t6 mats, cores and lodestones increase in price since people won’t be opening near as many boxes. :P

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: nibblesalil.3561

nibblesalil.3561

WHY ANET? My only source of income is gone. Life is not worth living anymore. But seriously, this was not even clear in the patch notes. This patch went ahead without the approval of the community. I’m sure this is devastating to everyone! How can anet change something so drastic and not ask the community how they would feel about the train being removed. This change is so drastic, it needs democracy and opinions of others.

We want the train back.

the comunity spoken when it was all being done and most approved and no we dont want nor need it back * does happy dance * oh yeahhhhhhhhh there cooking with so much gas thank you ANET !!!! you rock !!

if life is a cabaret old chum ………lets caberet

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

EoTM karma training. Everyone will shift to that.

Frost gorge train ruined

nibblesalil.3561

no we dont the game finally works and is finally epic !! Anet keep up the good work !!

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

You guys that are exclaiming “Good!” might not be so happy if this makes t6 mats, cores and lodestones increase in price since people won’t be opening near as many boxes. :P

I never cared if people trained around Queensdale killing champions. My issue has always been the toxic atmosphere, that many champ train riders turned Queensdale into.

I have seen people call other people tards for killing a champion out of turn.

I have seen vers of the game tell Newbies, that if they do not join the train they cannot attack the champs, and if they do so Out of turn shut their pie holes about it, because mentioning On map that they did is griefing… and will be reported.

I have seen people that decide to kill a champion just 3 or 4 people to see if they can…out of turn called greedy, and discourteous.

Seems that giving the people On the champion train respect and courtesy, means that you MUST Join the champion train….or Not touch them.

One guy said " I am keeping track of players that Kill them out of turn, if I ever see them in a dungeon not going to help them."

THIS is why I am happy the Champion train was nerfed.

PS. Do we really want a Bunch of players whose two important skills are …following one another, and hitting auto-attack?

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Frost gorge train ruined

Fasalina.6571

More awesome news.

Sooooo happy!!!!

Not everyone wants to play the TP, that doesn’t make them “brain dead” as you seem to call it. I could just as easily call that even lazier than actually playing the game via a champ train, which itself isn’t very hard to do.

Besides, why should it matter to you how other people spend their time playing a game?

It seems you didn’t quite get what I was saying. So let me try and explain it better to you.
I assume that everyone that plays the TP or runs champ farms do it because they want money. Now that we got that out of the way, here’s the point I was trying to make.
Playing the TP requires thinking, a lot thinking. Champ farming doesn’t require thinking at all. Considering that playing the TP nets you a lot more gold than champ farming, it is only natural to assume people that champ farm are, how should I put it, not smart enough(? sorry couldn’t find a better word) to play the TP.
Nerfing the champ farms means people will have to do something else to get the gold. The closest thing to champ farming (not considering the TP) is in fact running dungeons.
And for the matter of why should I care. I simply LOVE running dungeons. I just find it extremely fun. So, people that ran the champ farms will move to doing dungeons now. Which means more dungeon groups, and hopefully even paths that weren’t popular will become more popular again.
And that’s why I’m happy.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

no we dont the game finally works and is finally epic !! Anet keep up the good work !!

If this is what you consider “epic” no wonder the game is in such a crap state.

Frost gorge train ruined

Fasalina.6571

t6 mats cores and loadstones didn’t change that much in price with the introduction of champ farming. The prices remained pretty much the same. So I don’t think we’ll see that much of an increase. But i might be wrong, we’ll just have to wait and see.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Oogabooga.9138

Oogabooga.9138

On Devonas Rest when I ran with the Queen’s train, we were always respectful to others that may have killed Champions. We’d just skip on to the next one and many times have others join in and explain the route.

The gold was nothing to write home about and many also used it to build the cringe worthy grind for 300 luck. It was also a decent method to level your 5th 80 with boosters after seeing the entire map numerous times.

We didn’t even run across the zone like a mad swath of zombies killing everything in our path and scaring all the newbs. We’d incur the cost of waypoints.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Fiasco.3501

Fiasco.3501

It’s hardly good to remove a source of income when prices keep rising making it ever more difficult to make higher level items (ascended/legendaries).

Frost gorge train ruined

nibblesalil.3561

i consider this to be epic now there wont be any annoying things on main like " wheres the train " or its at boar goin to blah blah or they say and start to whine about someione took it out of turn the train never owned champions and think there entitled to them all

reality check , they nerfed this due to the fact of most players requested it most players approved and i was one of them

someone said to me i get to 20 then get the train to 80 , not doing story not doing anything else just running round in a circle all day long

i find this epic and i have a right to voice my opinion

(edited by nibblesalil.3561)

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

So they increased all champions spawn times? Guess they really wanted to make sure they killed it instead of just making the rewards a bit less. I must say I’m surprised.

Guess EotM will become a lot more popular now, only train I can think of that people might still do. :p

Frost gorge train ruined

Fasalina.6571

It’s hardly good to remove a source of income when prices keep rising making it ever more difficult to make higher level items (ascended/legendaries).

Prices keep rising because of the champ farms. People would get high amounts of money relatively fast. The market only answered

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: rgraze.5169

rgraze.5169

I dont get why people had issues with the trains. If you dont like them dont do it if you like that sort of thing then do it. How does someone doing the champ train affect the game as a whole? The toxic atmoshpere I didnt see, if a champ got killed out of turn they just skipped it.

Frost gorge train ruined

NewTrain.7549

i consider this to be epic now there wont be any annoying things on main like " wheres the train " or its at boar goin to blah blah or they say and start to whine about someione took it out of turn the train never owned champions and think there entitled to them all

reality check , they nerfed this due to the fact of most players requested it most players approved and i was one of them

someone say to me i get to 20 then get the train to 80 , not doing story not doing anything else just running round in a circle all day long

i find this epic and i have a right to voice my opinion

And I have the right to voice my opinion as well: players like you who mandate that their way is the only way to play have ruined this game (and far before this update, might I add).

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: sternenstaub.8763

sternenstaub.8763

ANET also nerved dungeon paths.
Do you see a pattern here?

You can still play how you want to play, it’s not like they put your character on a 15 minute cd after every champ.
You can still do all those events. You can still farm mobs in any zone. You can still do dungeons all day long. It’s just not that lucrative anymore.

This will eventualy lead to lower prices in the TP some time in the future btw, increasing the worth of those methods again indirectly. It’s more a method to stop massive inflation and decrease farming at all. Because farming actually increases inflation by a lot for all players. Increasing prices and leads to:

Farming!

Exactly. With high prices everybody needs to run farmruns to be able to buy the most basic items… which actually forces players to do things they do not want while increasing prices even more!

Therefore, bringing down massiv farming leads to a system where players can play the game how they want… and still being able to buy all those shinies.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

No zerg trains = more players learning how to not just press skill 1.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en espaƱol / Spanish raiding guides

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

Also, what makes you think that patches are supposed to be approved by the community first? This is not some kind of democracy, lol.

Of course not, but it is a free market. Annoyed customers = less gem sales, and lower sales of future games.

Frost gorge train ruined

Nerelith.7360

ANET also nerved dungeon paths.
Do you see a pattern here?

You can still play how you want to play, it’s not like they put your character on a 15 minute cd after every champ.
You can still do all those events. You can still farm mobs in any zone. You can still do dungeons all day long. It’s just not that lucrative anymore.

This will eventualy lead to lower prices in the TP some time in the future btw, increasing the worth of those methods again indirectly. It’s more a method to stop massive inflation and decrease farming at all. Because farming actually increases inflation by a lot for all players. Increasing prices and leads to:

Farming!

Exactly. With high prices everybody needs to run farmruns to be able to buy the most basic items… which actually forces players to do things they do not want while increasing prices even more!

Therefore, bringing down massiv farming leads to a system where players can play the game how they want… and still being able to buy all those shinies.

Quoted For The Win!!!

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The champion loot trains consisted of large raids fighting non-scaling group content (open world champions) very rapidly for maximum loot. It really was the equivalent of a group of players killing lone newbie mobs just to get fast coin. It was never going to continue and I hope everyone enjoyed it while it lasted.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Yuogtar.4892

Yuogtar.4892

guys there is a way to farm champ! let’s try to make new route. let’s do like Kill all champ at frostgorge. teleport to Cursed Shore kill all champ there and than come back to Frostogorge!
1 run in Frostgorge = 7 min 1 run in Cursed Shore = 8 min = 15 min total. Group event Spawn time is 15 min. So WE Can do that. we will spend a bit more for waypoints, but we will get more silver as a reward for complete group event!

Frost gorge train ruined

nibblesalil.3561

No zerg trains = more players learning how to not just press skill 1.

i totally agree !!

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

We want the train back.

be grateful the gem train to goldsville wasn’t nerfed!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Fiasco.3501

Fiasco.3501

Prices keep rising because of the champ farms. People would get high amounts of money relatively fast. The market only answered

Not necessarily. Prices have been rising for everything since the game launched as more and more money is tossed into the market. People who have consistently been playing have loads of money (excluding people who play the TP, get lucky with drops and whatnot). But people who come back every now and then, like me, find it exhausting to get anywhere near the gold needed for ascended items/legendaries/named exotics.

Frost gorge train ruined

NewTrain.7549

Anyone who thinks this will cause deflation or even mildly curb inflation has never even studied the most elementary economics.

Frost gorge train ruined

Nerelith.7360

You put the cart before the horse. The Inflation was caused By things Like re-spammable champion trains, and spamming dungeons over and ovwer and over.

THIS led to higher prices….

Look up Germany 1923..the government decided to pay it’s debts by printing money.

When you go on a champ train…you are paying your debts…by printing money.

End result..Hyper-inflation

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

The champ train wasn’t even that profitable. If you want to complain about inflation complain about dungeon paths that give 1-3 gold + champ boxes to 5 people and can be cleared in 10-30 minutes.

Frost gorge train ruined

Fasalina.6571

Anyone who thinks this will cause deflation or even mildly curb inflation has never even studied the most elementary economics.

So then enlighten us oh mighty savior?
And also one question. Did the champ farm contribute to the deflation or to the reduction of inflation (I think not, which means the disappearance of said champ farms isn’t bad either) Or am i wrong?