FSP or Bolt

FSP or Bolt

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rooks Zaer.5846

Rooks Zaer.5846

Looking for opinions on a dilemma I’m facing.

I’m currently a day or two away from being able to make my flameseeker prophicies shield. However, with the knowledge that these items will one day have their stats boosted (i’m assuming this includes weapon strength)…I’m starting to think it might be less optimal to craft an off-hand weapon rather than a main-hand or 2-hand weapon. My second choice after the shield is definitely the sword (main is a warrior).

So now I’m trying to decide if I should sell my precursor and onyx lodestones on the TP and buy Zap + as many charged lodestones as I can.

The pros/cons as I see it:

FSP:
More setups with my warrior than I can use it (sword/shield, axe/shield, mace/shield)
Love how it looks
Seems fairly rare
“Defense bonus” stat may be boosted to ascended levels?

Bolt:
Takes better advange of ascended-ness (weapons strength used in more of my attacks)?
If they make legendaries account bound, sword is usuable on more of my characters than a shield
Extends my legendary grind by roughly 200g (more expensive precursor/lodestones)

It’s probably important to note, which ever one I get first, I would already be planning to get the second afterwards.

FSP or Bolt

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

Sword is terrible for warrior atm, Shield is something you can rely on when you need it because of the 5 skill.

i’d suggest sticking to the shield

FSP or Bolt

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Bolt + get a warhorn and enjoy running around like a super sayan, practically uncatchable

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU