FYI: Crafting Leveling is Super Nerfed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vietkrabz.5620

Vietkrabz.5620

So I came into the game today with the goal of leveling my alt very fast to level 80. I got to level 27 through EoTm so I started my crafting to get to level 80. Knowing that I would get 6-8 levels per crafting profession I would be expecting between 48-64 levels. I started with cooking and followed the guide on gw2crafts and went from 27-29. 2 levels?! Oh well I guess there was a nerf, I’m ok I’ll still get to between 46-62 levels.
But I was wrong!!! I did jewel crafting next, when I got my jewel crafting from 0-400 I gain 0 levels!!!!!! Zero!! How is that possible, is there a bug or a big nerf? Why do we get 0 levels on JC!

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

That sounds like a bug. I’d report that asap. Why did you keep leveling all the way to 400 if you weren’t getting experience, though?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Vietkrabz.5620

I got a little bit, centimeter by centimeter, I reported it ASAP. But I heard something where some people get the full 10 levels for maxing at 0-500, being still new to this game I thought the end of the leveling from 300-400 or 500 would be the most exp, boy I was wrong

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I got a little bit, centimeter by centimeter, I reported it ASAP. But I heard something where some people get the full 10 levels for maxing at 0-500, being still new to this game I thought the end of the leveling from 300-400 or 500 would be the most exp, boy I was wrong

Yeah, you should be getting… 7 levels, I think? for 1-400. I didn’t realize you were unfamiliar with the old system, my apologies.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Hmm give me a few minutes and I will check this out. And see if it does the same for me. I crafter some Leather Working last night for the back pieces and was getting EXP. I’ll check this out real fast I ahve the mats to do it.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

they may have nerfed it because levelling up through crafting is just too complex for us window lickers.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

Crafting experience is always uniform, regardless of what level you are. Gaining a crafting level will always give you 2% of a character level (I think)

At least, that’s how it DID work before the latest patch. I haven’t even touched crafting in the last two days.

Vietkrabz.5620

Guhracie: not a problem, I leveled my first character to 80 through story and hearts/exploration, didn’t do anything else such as crafting and raids. Thought I tried it fresh on my new account with eotm and crafting.

Paradox: thank you for trying it out, appreciate it, please lemme know if it is a bug. I literally got no levels just some exp 1-2 bars.

Rapthorne: I wish they have posted it on their release notes.

The thing now is if I want to even try leveling my other professions….

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

Crafting XP has been nerfed quite a while back. Like a lot longer than 6 months, it predates even the first feature patch. I don’t have an exact timeframe of when it happened, sorry, but you get an average of 7-8 levels out of it these days. But 0 xp from maxing jewelcrafting doesn’t sound right, probably best reported as a bug. Maybe they’ll retroactively give you the XP or some consolation tomes.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Seems they have stealthily merged in the chinese crafting xp changes as well. Certainly it was so that the new players won’t be overwhelmed with too much options. [/sarcasm]

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Vietkrabz.5620

Crafting XP has been nerfed quite a while back. Like a lot longer than 6 months, it predates even the first feature patch. I don’t have an exact timeframe of when it happened, sorry, but you get an average of 7-8 levels out of it these days. But 0 xp from maxing jewelcrafting doesn’t sound right, probably best reported as a bug. Maybe they’ll retroactively give you the XP or some consolation tomes.

Well i definitely would be happy with that, anything would be fine. I literally was bummed but ok with getting 2 levels from cooking -.-

Vietkrabz.5620

Seems they have stealthily merged in the chinese crafting xp changes as well. Certainly it was so that the new players won’t be overwhelmed with too much options. [/sarcasm]

If that is the case….. Well kitten , I’m a new player and looking at the beginning leveling options makes me want to quit already, if they take this away from me, I am done. Played for a month and spent quite a few on gems already, I’ll regret quitting but I will. Prolly go back to WoW because they figured the childishness of most of panderia and listened to the reviews from people and made a more adult expansion this time.

Paradox.1380

mmk, I just tested this right now, and I got the appropriate amount of levels. I suspect something on your end was bugged or something. It worked just fine for me and I didn’t even use a crafting booster.

Vietkrabz.5620

Thanks paradox, I sent the bug report hours ago, I’ll keep you guys posted with any changes, appreciate the look into.

Posted by: LunarRXA.5062

LunarRXA.5062

I got two levels last night from 17-19 with Tailoring 1-75. Something definitely sounds like it bugged on your end. Ask them to look into it and reimburse your gold or EXP.

Vietkrabz.5620

I got two levels last night from 17-19 with Tailoring 1-75. Something definitely sounds like it bugged on your end. Ask them to look into it and reimburse your gold or EXP.

Yea I was pretty surprised because I did try persuading my friends to craft cooking and last night he got from lvl 72-80 fast, but for me to get 2 levels from 0-400 is ridiculous.

Paradox.1380

NP Hun, I hope it all gets worked out for you. I tried cooking as well and it too gave me the right amount of levels.

Vietkrabz.5620

So I just woke up, of course I can’t expect changes next day from arena net…… So do I try and level my other professions and play normally on the character or just give up and wait for them to do something?

Paradox.1380

Its 9:43 AM for ANet so they just got into the office a about and hour and a half ago. Their support is likely swamped so give it some time.

Personally I wouldn’t try to craft anything maybe try to do something else if you want to play the particular character. If you don’t feel like that perhaps try another character? Maybe work on some of the cool new achievements in the game =)