FYI - two new items for lost and found

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Two new items available for Lost and Found today – Refugee’s Sword Belt and Refugee’s Compass. They are located in the same list of locations as the goblets and wooden soldier.

On TC (Tarnished Coast) they are located on #2 location in Diessa and Wayfarer respectively, not sure on other servers/overflows.

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/26/gw2-lost-and-found-living-story-event-and-achievement-guide/

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Ooh thanks!!! I’ll have to go grab these!

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Oh nice. Thanks for keeping us informed of this. Would of never knew myself if I didn’t see this.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I am not a fan of this whole system. Having new items just randomly appear without warning, no way to know they’re around without reading about it on the forum or just checking yourself every single day… not a very good way to do it, IMO. Its not immersive to read about it on the forum and its not really reasonable to expect someone to check the same areas day after day in hope they might show up.

But thanks for the heads up.

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

I am not a fan of this whole system. Having new items just randomly appear without warning, no way to know they’re around without reading about it on the forum or just checking yourself every single day… not a very good way to do it, IMO. Its not immersive to read about it on the forum and its not really reasonable to expect someone to check the same areas day after day in hope they might show up.

Usually new updates to Living Story show up on Mondays so that is when I would check.

Posted by: taomang.2183

taomang.2183

Pretty much the way i feel about it too. Not to mention that i have no idea whatsoever, what even happened for this living story event. I just repaired the signs, got the title and then… no idea what i was supposed to do next, and truth be told, i don’t even care.

Every event since release needed me to go to other websites for information on what i was supposed to do. Dulfy has been extremely helpful with this, to thank you Dulfy! But otherwise i think this is just bad design/storytelling on ArenaNets part.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Pretty much the way i feel about it too. Not to mention that i have no idea whatsoever, what even happened for this living story event. I just repaired the signs, got the title and then… no idea what i was supposed to do next, and truth be told, i don’t even care.

Every event since release needed me to go to other websites for information on what i was supposed to do. Dulfy has been extremely helpful with this, to thank you Dulfy! But otherwise i think this is just bad design/storytelling on ArenaNets part.

Every event has seen mails drop in your inbox to read.. they give you clues and tell you where to head to and/or people to speak to.
The Living Story has Heralds.. and they cant be made to stand out much clearer on the map.. you just gotta follow the clues and speak to the NPC’s, just keep an eye on your mail and map – How hard can it be?

The Living Story is building up to be a scavenger hunt, the thing that disappoints me is that the items just seem to be confined to a few specific drops for everyone… scavenger hunts are supposed to be a little more random surely.
Still I guess it keeps in line with their knee jerk crowd calming EZ Mode game development, next thing they will be giving out guaranteed loot drops as well… oooh wait a a minute they did that already

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

The Living Story is a building to be a scavenger hunt, the thing that disappoints me is that the items just seem to be confined to a few specific drops for everyone… scaveneger hunts are supposed to be a little more random surely. Still I guess it keep in lione with their E Z Mode development, next thing they will be giving out guaranteed loot drops as well… oooh wait a a minute did they do that already

Thing is, it’s not a very good scavenger hunt.

It’s almost devoid of actual story content and all of the items have dropped in two maps total.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

this is a terrible story.

The story of looking for things and then picking them up and then looking for who to bring them to.

Is there something else going on? Who can be bothered to read these lifeless flavorless npcs?

Just tell me what to do and I’ll do it in exchange for loot.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

something is happening up north that is driving the norn and charr inland (south), and we are to find the source. the dredge and charr legion (forgot which one) have joined forces, causing trouble in their lands.

that’s all i got from it so far. what is the driving force or motives of the bad guys is unclear to me (or has not presented itself clearly)

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Thank you for posting this. I didn’t even know the first 2 items existed and never would have known about these 2 if you hadn’t posted this.

Why this event is so secret I can’t figure out. The heralds in LA send me to Wayfarer and Diessa and those people have nothing to say about ‘missing’ items like a compass or a belt.

I couldn’t even figure out where the refugee area was in LA. I guess I’m doing it wrong or talking to the wrong heralds because no NPC in the game is telling me anything useful.

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

Thanks, Dulfy! Gotta get them achievement points!

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

I think it was a mistake to advertise the entire event at all, particularly as some kind of “living story”. I get that they wanted to a) advertise something for February’s content and b) justify the work put into it.

Problem is.. they’re going on about this “living story” with this living, breathing, evolving world and I’m thinking “Isn’t this the type of thing the game was supposed to have from the start”? To me, this is just the type of content I always expected to be a part of the game, not some new side project. Maybe they over-hyped this sort of mechanic prior to launch; makes it hard to appreciate its introduction now.

I would rather point to the Flame and Frost event and say “oh.. yeah, this is the sort of thing you find in GW2 every day.”

Posted by: Kingfisher.7213

Kingfisher.7213

Thanks for the updated information dulfy (and for your website as well).

Lots of useful information there, it really helped me keep track of all the information taking place in this Frost and Flame event.

Why this event is so secret I can’t figure out. The heralds in LA send me to Wayfarer and Diessa and those people have nothing to say about ‘missing’ items like a compass or a belt.

Maybe the refugees are in shock.

I remember speaking to dozens of them on the roads, as I fixed signs and returned momentos… not a single one could tell me what they were running from.

If they couldn’t tell me what was killing them, I can see how they wouldn’t tell us about useless items like a drunk dude’s drinking cup, belt, etc.

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

The story of looking for things and then picking them up and then looking for who to bring them to.

Is there something else going on? Who can be bothered to read these lifeless flavorless npcs?

man i want to know what got people like you into gameing. I never played things like mario for the Loot.

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

man i want to know what got people like you into gameing. I never played things like mario for the Loot.

Mario was actually fun because the journey was fun. Here, the journey usually is boring and the loot is what is desired.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?