Fan art

Fan art

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Depends on what type of tools/art/experience you have. also what you expect to do with the program.

photoshop is a big one
corel painter is good

keep in mind this is if you have a tablet or tablet pc.

in all honesty, imo best thing to use is a pencil and paper, what most cgi excels at is letting you color for free, undo, and use some automated techniques how good the pics really are usually have more to do with the basic work

Fan art

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

kitten is free/shareware and usable, however with interface that is “less than intuitive”

I use corel 5

wow. Kitten. the software name is G and I and M and P.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Fan art

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

You can make fanart of anything. Fanart is in no way restricted to materials and it can be any art form.

It can be making a cosplay costume, drawing something with pencils, markers, painting etc. etc. digital media from photoshop and illustrator to various other programs. It can be sculpting, be it clays wax (there are sculpting wax) or wood cutting.

It can be any and all materials, be digital or physical, it can also be a story, so it really is just find what you like to use, whatever you use if you already do some art and is comfortable with.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Fan art

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Try FireAlpaca. It’s freeware, and my favourite program for quick sketches and painting. If you haven’t done any digital art before, it’s probably more than enough to get you started. I’m assuming a minimum of drawing skill though . . . digital art software doesn’t do work for you or anything. Art fundamentals still apply.

(edited by Faowri.4159)

Fan art

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Paper and a pencil, I’d say.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Fan art

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Hello guys,

I just want to do fa(n a)rt but I don’t know which programs are good. I mean… You know, not Paint. Could you tell me what programs do you use and how? I’m totally new in making fa(n a)rts.

Made some necessary adjustments.
For science!

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Fan art

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Warmly recommend Photoshop CS6 or higher. I use it myself for drawing. Bit complicated if you’re not used to the interface but tutorials help:)

Also use a tablet , or Cintiq if you’re thinking about getting serious :P

(edited by CharrGirl.7896)

Fan art

Posted by: Storn.8394

Storn.8394

I am a professional illustrator ( a lot of which is fantasy art genre) who’s been freelancing for 20 years. I have a cintiq and used wacom tablets for years before I recently got my cintiq. I have used Photoshop and Corel Painter for years.

However, I recently found a program that I absolutely love. Manga Studio 5. It is cheap (compared to Pshop or Painter). It is the only program where I feel comfortable doing everything digital, as in “pencilling” the illustration. I’m not the biggest fan of photoshop for “pencilling” or blending, although it does tons of other things well. Painter is better, their pencil tools are pretty good.

Note: Most of the time I pencil my work, scan it in and then color it digitally IF i’m not actually working traditionally in arcrylic or oil.

But Manga Studio 5 (around $80.00) pencilling and blending tools are amazing and simple. Combined with the perspective tools that not even the big boys have… I do about 80% of all my work in Manga Studio 5.

If you are curious in seeing what kind of stuff I’ve done, here is my website:

http://stornart.com/art-for-art-directors/

And here is a piece that I did almost completely in Manga Studio 5. Now, I did do some layer adjustment in Photoshop and I always compress my layers and save my artwork via Photoshop, but it was very minimal use of that program.

http://s2.photobucket.com/user/Storn/media/ProsperonCalibanIVF72_zps64979470.jpg.html?sort=3&o=22