Fantastic!!

Fantastic!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cybrdroyd.7610

Cybrdroyd.7610

I hope you all don’t mind, but I just have to say that this game has been the best mmo experience I’ve had since the first day I logged into Everquest 2 and WoW. Now, I am not here to promote those games, but out of all the mmos I have played, few have given me that sense of epicness like GW2 does. I am a new player and I am currently playing as a Norn warrior. I am about level 13 right now.

Frankly, and I think we can all agree on this, there are a lot of crap mmos out there. Thankfully, GW2 is not one of them. I just want to say bravo to the devs for putting together such an amazing mmo experience. Most mmos grab me for about an hour before I get tired of playing. This game, with the story arc, I was riveted for several hours as I worked to finish the story quest today.

What a fun game you have here.

The fact that something is as yet to be discovered, is
reason enough to continue marching forward. Thus
is the life of any true adventurer.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Goose.5196

Goose.5196

Yeah, the first couple of levels are fantastic on a new character. It would make for a wonderful single player game. However, it does not make for a very good persistent MMO. Have fun while the game still feels like there is loads of content, because nothing else comes after.

I don’t want more things to get, I want more things to do.

Fantastic!!

Cybrdroyd.7610

When you factor in the exploration, finding vistas locations, crafting, skill points, events, side quests, main story quests, I don’t see how one could run out of things to do in a short time. Unless of course you are one to rush to endgame and thus I could see why it could become tedious and boring if one plays that way. Personally I like finding all the little details, thats what makes a game fun to play.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

When you factor in the exploration, finding vistas locations, crafting, skill points, events, side quests, main story quests, I don’t see how one could run out of things to do in a short time. Unless of course you are one to rush to endgame and thus I could see why it could become tedious and boring if one plays that way. Personally I like finding all the little details, thats what makes a game fun to play.

There’s a difference between “rushing to end game” and “not actively wasting time”.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

I enjoy this game too! Welcome aboard, Cybrdroyd.

Fantastic!!

Goose.5196

There’s a difference between “rushing to end game” and “not actively wasting time”.

This guy is right. If you are into simply sitting there and smelling the flowers, go at it. After the twentieth heart quest where you do mindless errands, I got bored. I have run all of the dungeons more times than I would like to admit. I have participated in WvW. I have done PvP. That is great that you have such an affinity for the drone of this game. Just make sure you buy lots of Gems.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Aedros.1439

Aedros.1439

dont let these gloomy jaded gusses get you down…every game is different and everyone likes different things…there are plenty of things to do in this game…I have 6 level 80s and have played since beta and still find new things to do and find plenty of ways to enjoy the game every day…this game is still one of the highest rated games on every mmo site you can find….about those hearts, of course they are a variation on go and kill 10 things, but they are a great variation on it with many different things to do for every heart on every different map…bottom line – its a great game that continues to grow and expand and get better, some people will never be satisfied or just dont like this mmo for their own reasons, so enjoy and play what you like

Fantastic!!

Goose.5196

dont let these gloomy jaded gusses get you down…every game is different and everyone likes different things…there are plenty of things to do in this game…I have 6 level 80s and have played since beta and still find new things to do and find plenty of ways to enjoy the game every day…this game is still one of the highest rated games on every mmo site you can find….about those hearts, of course they are a variation on go and kill 10 things, but they are a great variation on it with many different things to do for every heart on every different map…bottom line – its a great game that continues to grow and expand and get better, some people will never be satisfied or just dont like this mmo for their own reasons, so enjoy and play what you like

I wish it grew and expanded.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Yeah, the first couple of levels are fantastic on a new character. It would make for a wonderful single player game. However, it does not make for a very good persistent MMO. Have fun while the game still feels like there is loads of content, because nothing else comes after.

I bet you’re a blast at parties.

Fantastic!!

Goose.5196

I bet you’re a blast at parties.

Thank you! :-)

Fantastic!!

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

Not that you would, but please don’t let forum grouches intimidate you. This game is fantastic, as a lot of people can attest to, and it sounds like you’re going to have a great time with it

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

After 7k hours of playing is this game still fantastic for me:-) I dont know how someone can tell there is no endgame. I play 10+ hours every day and still dont have anough time to do everything I wanna do that day:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

It is a great game, well worth the $50, however you will hit a point where you’re out of things to do that you find fun. So don’t rush it. Enjoy it while it lasts. The people here being salty are just people who see the potential in the game and loved the game, but are frustrated with the lack of additions to the game, don’t let them get to you, but realize you very well may become one of them eventually

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

There’s also a difference between “actively wasting time” and “not playing way too fast.” I’m sick of seeing people on here complaining that there’s not enough content when they’re trying to get 6+ hours of entertainment from it every day. There’s just not enough game to sustain that style of play, and there never will be.

The problem is that these people think they’re obligated to keep playing for whatever reason. There’s no sub; if you’re bored, just stop playing, and come back when you want to play again. And if you never come back, so what?

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Fantastic!!

Goose.5196

There’s also a difference between “actively wasting time” and “not playing way too fast.” I’m sick of seeing people on here complaining that there’s not enough content when they’re trying to get 6+ hours of entertainment from it every day. There’s just not enough game to sustain that style of play, and there never will be.

The problem is that these people think they’re obligated to keep playing for whatever reason. There’s no sub; if you’re bored, just stop playing, and come back when you want to play again. And if you never come back, so what?

So what? Anet needs people to play this game and buy gems to prosper. It would benefit them to make content that will retain players. It is cute that you think there is remotely 6 hours worth of content to do everyday after you have seen it all. Running the same dungeons over and over gets dull. World events are boring zergfests. WvW is zergfest. PvP is the same stale gameplay mode. Living Story is bare bones gameplay with a substandard plot. Don’t just wave people off like it is nothing. There are a lot of people who have spent a lot of money on this game by buying gems, to support Anet, only to see little to no content being made. I think it is great that you can be entertained by such little amounts of effort on the part of the devs. I wish farming the same events everyday and watching Living Story with worse acting and plot than The Happening entertained me. But it doesn’t.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Glad you enjoy the game! Don’t let anyone spoil your fun either. 4,500 hours and I still love this game as if I just started. I still find new things to do and its a blast whenever I log in. This game is not perfect but no game ever is. Enjoy your stay!

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

This guy is right. If you are into simply sitting there and smelling the flowers, go at it. After the twentieth heart quest where you do mindless errands, I got bored. I have run all of the dungeons more times than I would like to admit. I have participated in WvW. I have done PvP. That is great that you have such an affinity for the drone of this game. Just make sure you buy lots of Gems.

There is a difference, you’re right. Like there’s a difference between hiking and speed walking. I can walk the same track year after year and still enjoy it. I’ll never enjoy speed running it.

Everything you do in a game is just that. Something you’re doing in a game. It’s all a “waste of time” when you get right down to it. It’s not curing cancer. It’s not making the world a better place to live in. It’s playing.

Some of you seem to think that your personal boredom in a game means that running a hard dungeon is somehow accomplishing something.

Having fun is accomplishing something, however you have fun. If you’re not having fun, that’s well and good. But just as there’s nothing wrong with enjoying walking down a nature trail every day, there’s also nothing wrong with speed walking.

Both are valid. I’ve played this game since day 1. I’m still having fun.

OP, there are people who are disenfranchised with this game like there are people disenfranchised with any game. But some of us are still enjoying ourselves.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Kitarpa.8143

Kitarpa.8143

TL;DR GW2 endgame isn’t for everyone. Enjoy the questing and everything else as you so please, whether that’s rushing through it or going at it slowly, enjoy it. Maybe you’ll enjoy endgame, maybe you won’t.

Fantastic!!

Cybrdroyd.7610

Well, I created this thread because I am having a positive experience, and wanted to share that. I am not swayed by naysayers who always say nay. Its just the nature of gaming, there’s always some unhappy people all too willing to share their unhappiness with others. So be it.

There were whiners in EQ2 which in my opinion was one of the best mmos ever made. If not the best. What really got me is that I found if I explored all the little nooks and crannies of the world, I would be rewarded for my curiosity. Also, even though the hearts system sort of puts you on a bit of a rail, it doesn’t really feel like it because you can get off that rail anytime you want and find yourself an hour later still finding vistas and harvest nodes you want to try and get to before your next quest. I am easily distracted by “ooh, shiny!” or “Squirrel!” so this is the perfect situation for me. Plus this game does many things just a little bit differently and right now I am having fun tinkering around trying to figure out how some things work, and why.

So yeah, its a well done game. Way better than most other mmos.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There are some who quickly lose the appreciation of the world in an MMO and revert to a very goal/reward play style. You aren’t stopping the Svanir Shaman repeated attempts to corrupt the Grawl to follow Jormag, you are doing the 8:15 stop on the boss train. You aren’t exploring a labyrinth of tunnels in a mountain or catacombs under some ruins, you are speed running Path 1 in your daily, do all the dungeon paths and don’t have all day.

And while they may consider that a legitimate style of play, I for one don’t consider it to be fun.

So welcome Cybrdroyd, play however you see fit. Take as much time as you like. Not everyone are efficiency experts.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Fantastic!!

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Cybrdroyd, welcome to Tyria. If you want to keep your experience fun, just stay off the forum. The actual game is great if you like exploring. I’m sure you’ll have a great time. I haven’t played any other MMOs but I’ve put in over 2000 hrs here and I still play every day

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Fantastic!!

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Geeze, you just ruined this for everyone. If you actually follow the lore, you’ll be on the edge of your seat waiting for the next living story. There’s a huge difference between facerolling zerk through content and actually experiencing it.

OP, I’m happy you’re enjoying it. Keep on keeping on.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Cybrdroyd, I’m glad you’re enjoying the game, but this game doesn’t have a typical end game like other MMOs do. The game itself is much what you’re enjoying now and doesn’t change much at end game. There are no raids. There’s no real gear progression. That is to say the top level of gear is a bit grindy, but you don’t really need it for anything.

The game is more about skins than stats at max level, and there’s a lot of RNG as well. Some people hate it. Some people like it.

As with pretty much everything.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: zini.3125

zini.3125

2k hrs here, the game’s not perfect but still love this mmo. Welcome to gw2

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Capitol City.4856

Capitol City.4856

So in case you’re confused about the responses, pretty much Goose is here to make sure nobody’s having too much fun with Guild Wars 2 because he’s salty about the lack of expansion :P

Fantastic!!

Goose.5196

So in case you’re confused about the responses, pretty much Goose is here to make sure nobody’s having too much fun with Guild Wars 2 because he’s salty about the lack of content :P

FTFY

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Mmm, I’d say the PvE only really starts to feel repetitive after maybe 3 lvl 80s of different profession. With the personal story, hearts, exploration, dungeons and maybe dabbling in some PvP I’d say you can easily get 80-100 hours or more of gameplay that is tons of fun. For $40, that’s a steal and you’ll still have access to whatever content is released later. No financial commitment or anything forcing you to log in on the clock. Anyway I look at it, it’s definitely wroth the price!

Fantastic!!

Goose.5196

Mmm, I’d say the PvE only really starts to feel repetitive after maybe 3 lvl 80s of different profession. With the personal story, hearts, exploration, dungeons and maybe dabbling in some PvP I’d say you can easily get 80-100 hours or more of gameplay that is tons of fun. For $40, that’s a steal and you’ll still have access to whatever content is released later. No financial commitment or anything forcing you to log in on the clock. Anyway I look at it, it’s definitely wroth the price!

80-100 hours of gameplay is great for a single player game. What about people who bought Gems to support Anet? You know, the people who actually keep Anet afloat? The people Anet needs to keep playing? What they want doesn’t matter?

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

So a new guy comes and tells us how fascinated he is with the game and then arrive to bash the whole game for him and now you’re discussing gems and hours of gameplay? Wtf man

9 Guardians later…

Fantastic!!

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

If you actually follow the lore, you’ll be on the edge of your seat waiting for the next living story.

I assume this is sarcasm. It’s like someone being on the edge of their seat for the next Goosebumps book. Not likely.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: poisonality.8972

poisonality.8972

people need to remember this is a game and not a job. many rush through, or feel they HAVE to do every single thing in the game. often as fast as they possibly can. then one day they realize they have wasted 9 months worth of 40+ hours a week in a game, their friends quit calling them, they don’t have a girlfriend, and for some reason the dog quit barking several weeks ago.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Cybrdroyd — Welcome to the community. We’re happy that you’ve joined us.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Welcome to Tyria, and happy adventuring.

You may find this site helpful, should you ever come across something you just can’t figure out or find the answer to:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

You can also learn some of the past stories/lore, should you ever find that of interest.

Good luck!

Fantastic!!

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

80-100 hours of gameplay is great for a single player game. What about people who bought Gems to support Anet? You know, the people who actually keep Anet afloat? The people Anet needs to keep playing? What they want doesn’t matter?

Short Answer is :NO, you got what you wanted.

It doesn’t matter whether you bought 1000 gems, or 1,000,000 gems the folks at Anet are not your servants and you should stop acting like they are. Anet doesn’t owe you anything for your purchase except for the gems you bought. If you didn’t get the gems you bought then please fill out a request form and leave the rest of us out of it.

You got what you wanted every time you bought gems. You got the gems you paid for, and that’s all you paid for the gems. Any thing else you think is owed you is a product of your over entitled imagination. IF there wasn’t anything you wanted to exchange the gems for, that’s your problem. You should have looked before you purchased the gems.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

I agree with you Cybrdroyd, this really is a fantastic game. Tons of content to explore at you’re own leisure. I never have a shortage of things to do. I just do what I feel like.

Personal Story, Living World Story, World vs World, Edge of the Mists, World Completion, Crafting, Silver Wastes, Dry Top, Jumping Puzzles, Crafting, Running around Orr, Working on whatever new skin I might want, Trying new builds and leveling up new characters, World Bosses … I do any of those things as the mood strikes me.

Notice I don’t farm the same dungeons over and over and over and then come here complaining there is nothing to do.

Hopefully you will continue to enjoy this game as I do!

Fantastic!!

Filaha.1678

It doesn’t matter whether you bought 1000 gems, or 1,000,000 gems the folks at Anet are not your servants and you should stop acting like they are. Anet doesn’t owe you anything for your purchase except for the gems you bought. If you didn’t get the gems you bought then please fill out a request form and leave the rest of us out of it.

You got what you wanted every time you bought gems. You got the gems you paid for, and that’s all you paid for the gems. Any thing else you think is owed you is a product of your over entitled imagination. IF there wasn’t anything you wanted to exchange the gems for, that’s your problem. You should have looked before you purchased the gems.

Expecting a company to want to make efforts to keep a paying customer returning to pay more is not over entitlement.

It’s good business.

Fantastic!!

DarcShriek.5829

Expecting a company to want to make efforts to keep a paying customer returning to pay more is not over entitlement.

It’s good business.

The paying customers have received everything they paid for. What people are demanding is service they haven’t paid for.

It’s bad behavior.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

I totally agree. And it’s Buy-to-Play! (B2P)

If you ever need a hand in game just look me up:-) Game on!

- Maplestix

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Fantastic!!

Filaha.1678

It’s good business.

The paying customers have received everything they paid for. What people are demanding is service they haven’t paid for.

It’s bad behavior.

So you wouldn’t think a restaurant was bad if you went in and ordered your food and they just kinda walked by and tossed it onto your table? I mean, you got your food you paid for, right, so who cares whether the service was nice or not?

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I hope you all don’t mind, but I just have to say that this game has been the best mmo experience I’ve had since the first day I logged into Everquest 2 and WoW. Now, I am not here to promote those games, but out of all the mmos I have played, few have given me that sense of epicness like GW2 does. I am a new player and I am currently playing as a Norn warrior. I am about level 13 right now.

Frankly, and I think we can all agree on this, there are a lot of crap mmos out there. Thankfully, GW2 is not one of them. I just want to say bravo to the devs for putting together such an amazing mmo experience. Most mmos grab me for about an hour before I get tired of playing. This game, with the story arc, I was riveted for several hours as I worked to finish the story quest today.

I have had this game for half a year now and while there have been changes that have made me raise an eyebrow multiple times, I still have a bit of fun with it.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Fantastic!!

DarcShriek.5829

It’s good business.

It’s bad behavior.

So you wouldn’t think a restaurant was bad if you went in and ordered your food and they just kinda walked by and tossed it onto your table? I mean, you got your food you paid for, right, so who cares whether the service was nice or not?

Not a proper analogy. More proper analogy would be this, you pay for a hamburger and then expect them to give you a Kobe beef steak. Would you consider that a good business move to give everyone a Kobe beef steak for the price of a hamburger?

Also, I wouldn’t return to a restaurant that I thought provided bad service. Why do you and Goose keep coming back to a restaurant that gives you bad service. That’s just stupid consumerism. Perhaps the service isn’t as bad as you try to make people believe it is.

Finally, if I had a business and you showed up to try and drive away customers, I’d call the police and have you removed for trespassing.

(edited by DarcShriek.5829)

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Derez.6510

Derez.6510

Welcome!

I love this game also… I would not pay to much attention to the whining grumps, this is the greatest game.

The only tip you need is to go slow so you’ll see and do everything.

If you need a hand look me up. I’m on most of the time.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Well, I created this thread because I am having a positive experience, and wanted to share that. I am not swayed by naysayers who always say nay. Its just the nature of gaming, there’s always some unhappy people all too willing to share their unhappiness with others. So be it.

There were whiners in EQ2 which in my opinion was one of the best mmos ever made. If not the best. What really got me is that I found if I explored all the little nooks and crannies of the world, I would be rewarded for my curiosity. Also, even though the hearts system sort of puts you on a bit of a rail, it doesn’t really feel like it because you can get off that rail anytime you want and find yourself an hour later still finding vistas and harvest nodes you want to try and get to before your next quest. I am easily distracted by “ooh, shiny!” or “Squirrel!” so this is the perfect situation for me. Plus this game does many things just a little bit differently and right now I am having fun tinkering around trying to figure out how some things work, and why.

So yeah, its a well done game. Way better than most other mmos.

You will be incredibly happy here then because this game is overloaded by those little things. You will find lots of little details, funy conversations what you can easily miss, hidden places, easter eggs, movies and books references and much more. One of the best for me was end of story mode in Sorrows Embrance dungeon:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Fantastic!!

HyruleanHyroe.1473

Not a proper analogy. More proper analogy would be this, you pay for a hamburger and then expect them to give you a Kobe beef steak. Would you consider that a good business move to give everyone a Kobe beef steak for the price of a hamburger?

I’d say still not quite a proper analogy. It’s more like buying a meal plan at a campus cafeteria for several months. One large initial fee gets you all the food you need for each day. As time goes by the cafeteria adds new types of food, has specials, etc, all without charging you extra. They have certain “premium dishes” that cost a bit above and beyond the initial price, for those who want them. Some of us are happy with our cafeteria food. It’s delicious, it’s plentiful. We can spruce it up with some fancy fixin’s. If we get tired of it, we eat somewhere else. Some of us didn’t like it and never came back. Those two groups are the rational ones. Then there are the Masochists, who don’t like the food but continue to eat there every day, doing their level best to ruin the experience for everyone else and even paying extra for food they don’t want just to have something else to complain about; there are the Sadists, who like the food enough to eat three meals a day but can’t admit it to themselves because they are just the type of people who can’t publicly approve of anything, instead nitpicking about which seasonings other restaurants use and how the cheese is from Iowa instead of Wisconsin; and there are the Gluttons, who eat everything in sight as fast a possible, buy extra food, and publicly denounce the cafeteria because they’ve only been provided enough food for three meals in one sitting when clearly they need enough for five meals three times a day and how dare they not cook enough food because Do-You-Know-Who-I-AM?

You can probably guess how I feel about those three.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I’d say still not quite a proper analogy. It’s more like buying a meal plan at a campus cafeteria for several months. One large initial fee gets you all the food you need for each day. As time goes by the cafeteria adds new types of food, has specials, etc, all without charging you extra. They have certain “premium dishes” that cost a bit above and beyond the initial price, for those who want them. Some of us are happy with our cafeteria food. It’s delicious, it’s plentiful. We can spruce it up with some fancy fixin’s. If we get tired of it, we eat somewhere else. Some of us didn’t like it and never came back. Those two groups are the rational ones. Then there are the Masochists, who don’t like the food but continue to eat there every day, doing their level best to ruin the experience for everyone else and even paying extra for food they don’t want just to have something else to complain about; there are the Sadists, who like the food enough to eat three meals a day but can’t admit it to themselves because they are just the type of people who can’t publicly approve of anything, instead nitpicking about which seasonings other restaurants use and how the cheese is from Iowa instead of Wisconsin; and there are the Gluttons, who eat everything in sight as fast a possible, buy extra food, and publicly denounce the cafeteria because they’ve only been provided enough food for three meals in one sitting when clearly they need enough for five meals three times a day and how dare they not cook enough food because Do-You-Know-Who-I-AM?

You can probably guess how I feel about those three.

That’s interesting, the only 2 rational groups are the lovers or the haters.
What about the person that enjoyed the first 2 meals and got food poisoning on the third because the chef didn’t wash their hands? Wouldn’t they be rational if they stood up and complained so it wouldn’t happen again?

It’s very rational to criticize a negative experience, especially if you’re passionate about the place. It’s a good sign that people still frequent the forums even though they don’t play the game all that much, least they are still interested in seeing what comes down the pipe.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

The game has an amazing core and the original team who designed the world of GW2 needs to be praised for creating such a great MMO. But unfortunately the game is managed very poorly and the whole management department is clueless to everything that game can offer. That said, lets talk in 6 months after you level a couple of characters and run what the game offered at release….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Fantastic!!

Posted by: ckotoc.5421

ckotoc.5421

You think its fantastic because you are low lvl.Its the most boring single player rpg atm.Noone will take you to group for dungeons before you hit lvl cap.You dont need to party for anything before max lvl.You will find map completion exremely boring.There are no mounts(ground or flying).You will open your map every 10secs to see where you are,the next heart,or to teleport.And when you finally reach max lvl thats it.Nothing more to see.Unless you like grind…

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Welcome, treat extreme hyperbole for what it is and keep having fun.

Fantastic!!

HyruleanHyroe.1473

That’s interesting, the only 2 rational groups are the lovers or the haters.
What about the person that enjoyed the first 2 meals and got food poisoning on the third because the chef didn’t wash their hands? Wouldn’t they be rational if they stood up and complained so it wouldn’t happen again?

It’s very rational to criticize a negative experience, especially if you’re passionate about the place. It’s a good sign that people still frequent the forums even though they don’t play the game all that much, least they are still interested in seeing what comes down the pipe.

I agree with your point, thanks for pointing that out. I’d categorize those people with the first group, who I wouldn’t call “lovers” but just people who enjoyed the “food.” I suppose I didn’t account for every possible scenario in my example, but it was more about attitude than situation. I’d never insinuate that a restaurant (or Anet) is incapable of mistakes. Just as those “lovers” would visit another restaurant if they were tired of the food, they’d also speak up if their food was wrong or made them ill. A person who likes the game but complains about something that is specifically wrong or broken in order to address it is fine. We all want a game that works, and constructive criticism helps Anet achieve that. A person who attacks the type of content (or food), the quantity of content (serving size), or just every aspect of the game in general, especially if they are doing so to try to drive away new players instead of letting them form their own opinions or to get attention on the forums, is not being constructive. They shouldn’t be searching for a Chinese buffet at an Italian eatery, and certainly shouldn’t be demanding the menu be changed and screaming at new customers. As was said before, that’d be cause for calling the police.

Fantastic!!

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I envy you your enthusiasm. Have fun with the game. Let me know if you need help. x3