Farming, drop rates and Magic Find

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bacon.2938

Bacon.2938

So I’ve noticed Anet, doesn’t promote farming, which isn’t a big problem, because people will always find a way to farm. What bothers me is my drop rates have been absolutely horrible the past few days even with full MF gear. It makes me wonder how I see people with a lot less or no magic find at all, getting rares and exotics from drops or chests while I’m barely getting blues. I’ve really noticed a lack of drops and a lack of quality of my drops the past week or two. Before the Cursed Shore Plinx Event was changed, It seemed I would be able to reset my drop rates by doing WvW for an hour or so (no idea if it actually worked, but it seemed like it did on ocassion). I even went just killing aimlessly around the world here and there noticing, I was barely getting any drops and more than 60% of them were grey items and the other 40 were a mix of blues, greens and a rare every few hours. I used to be able to get a lot more than that. So bottom line is, does MF really actually help? Because I honestly can’t tell anymore. Please if someone could shed some light on this and also Is there a way to reset my drop rate so I can actually get drops?

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

Random drops are random.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

There is a thread on the recent changes or suspected changes to the drop rates

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

people with a lot less or no magic find at all, getting rares and exotics from drops or chests while I’m barely getting blues

Sposedly magic find doesn’t affect loot from chests

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

We`re not talking about the chests. Open-world loot was diminished in the same time Anet announced new drop-table for champions and vets.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged/ – here is the tread.

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

We`re not talking about the chests. Open-world loot was diminished in the same time Anet announced new drop-table for champions and vets.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged/ – here is the tread.

Uh, the OP did mention chests.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I quoted the part of the top post that talked about drops from chest.

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

I read a post from one of the developers that they’ve heard a lot of issues with the drop rate and are investigating. They made it sound like it was a real issue because they went into details.

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I read a post from one of the developers that they’ve heard a lot of issues with the drop rate and are investigating. They made it sound like it was a real issue because they went into details.

yea, nice Oscar-worthy acting job by the developers, I call it bs.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer