Farming events is unrewarding!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: exionn.8152

exionn.8152

Yesterday i decided to take a break from my trade post gold making routine and decided to go farm some cursed shore and was surprised by the results i got. i made 1.20gold in 2 hours with 150% magic find. i honestly love farming mobs and get epic drops that can make me rich in mmorpgs, i like the feeling i get when i’m rewarded from all the time i spent farming certain mobs. Guild wars 2 is starting to lack that certain feeling, I don’t know why arenanet is starting to cut most our ways for making gold out in the open world, it’s probably because they want us to buy gems. i even heard lodestones got even harder to farm in the last patch. i think adding a higher gold reward at the end of a dynamic event (around 50-70s) or increasing precursers drop rates throughout mobs in orr. what do you guys think? do not mention fotm, im talking about normal farming through events.

Posted by: henlarious.5329

henlarious.5329

You need to get into a farming group of 5 players and you need a full set of magic find for the % to be worthwhile. Also, during your 2 hours how many events did you do? I can normally make it to 5-6 events a hour and I make close to 4-5 gold an hour.

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Remove DR for materials (it punishes legitimate players by denying them the ability to get mats for themselves, and rewards botters by driving legitimate players to overpriced mats on the TP), increase precursor drop rates, or better yet, make precursors crafted.

Posted by: deherch.3158

deherch.3158

This game is getting ridiculous when it comes to farming. They got diminishing return system.. but they also have magic find attribute (which helps botters) and the ingredient list of a legendary weapons is something that you just can’t get without farming a lot. But they don’t wanna make the game grindy… mixed signals? :\

And yes I realize that a legendary weapon is not for everyone.. but diminishing returns kick in waaaay too soon. Can’t stay anywhere more than an hour.. An hour of gameplay is nothing special. I don’t log in to GW2 for 5min … I like playing a few hours or so.

It also does not help that this DR system is invisible. So you never know when you’ve hit DR.

(edited by deherch.3158)

Posted by: exionn.8152

exionn.8152

You need to get into a farming group of 5 players and you need a full set of magic find for the % to be worthwhile. Also, during your 2 hours how many events did you do? I can normally make it to 5-6 events a hour and I make close to 4-5 gold an hour.

im always farming in a party and i never miss a shelter/penit/jofast event

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

GW2, unlike other MMOs, is not a game designed for farmers, grinders and exploiters; it’s designed for everyone else. The main reward for doing events should be having fun.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Belegorm.8975

Belegorm.8975

GW2, unlike other MMOs, is not a game designed for farmers, grinders and exploiters; it’s designed for everyone else. The main reward for doing events should be having fun.

What are you smoking? Vertical progression ensures that you have to farm and grind; or else you fall behind the pack.

It’s already a given when you’ve got legendaries, but ascended gear makes grind necessary.

Lisotte [SOS] Mesmer | Riselotte [SOS] Thief
Anvil Rock
Member of Syndicate of Shadows

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

except it’s the people who play casualy who suffer if they want to get anything beyond a basic set of exotics.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

except it’s the people who play casualy who suffer if they want to get anything beyond a basic set of exotics.

No, it’s grinders and farmers who suffer; the flaw in your assumption is that you think “people who play casually” are farmers. Again, GW2 has not originally been made for people who think they should spend hours doing something boring to get a reward.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: ShaiHulud.7410

ShaiHulud.7410

No, it’s grinders and farmers who suffer; the flaw in your assumption is that you think “people who play casually” are farmers. Again, GW2 has not originally been made for people who think they should spend hours doing something boring to get a reward.

So you are saying that casual players are not suffering?

Your logic is unbeatable lol

Posted by: ShaiHulud.7410

ShaiHulud.7410

Oh and by the way.

Quoted

Do you people enjoy grinding or not?

If you do, why are you complaining? Grinding may give you rewards more slowly now, but if you are doing something you enjoy, does it really matter if it’s a bit faster or a bit slower?

And if you don’t like grind… Why are you asking ArenaNet to allow you to grind? You should ask them to reward you for whatever it is you enjoy doing.

It’s really interesting how you post something like this then tell players otherwise.

Make up your mind.

Posted by: Addice.3852

Addice.3852

This game is getting ridiculous when it comes to farming. They got diminishing return system.. but they also have magic find attribute (which helps botters) and the ingredient list of a legendary weapons is something that you just can’t get without farming a lot. But they don’t wanna make the game grindy… mixed signals? :\

And yes I realize that a legendary weapon is not for everyone.. but diminishing returns kick in waaaay too soon. Can’t stay anywhere more than an hour.. An hour of gameplay is nothing special. I don’t log in to GW2 for 5min … I like playing a few hours or so.

It also does not help that this DR system is invisible. So you never know when you’ve hit DR.

Actually botters don’t overprice mats, players do. When all the bots were banned and weren’t around mats just kept on going up higher and higher. The botters will tend t always undercut because they just want their money whereas players will usually try to get as much as possible.

I still don’t see the purpose of DR if they are going to aggressively ban botters. If there are limited amounts of bots running around because of them being banned then isn’t the DR only punishing legitimate players?