Farming for Legendary is rediculous.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

I have been farming for my legendary pretty hardcore over the past few weeks (farmed passively since the beginning of the game) and I just get sad when I look at the list of items I still need for the Legendary.

So far I farmed EVERYTHING that is non-gold related. Karma/Skill Points/Badges/Tokens/Exploration/etc..

Roughly adding up the remaining materials I need that are gold related, it looks like I’ll need around 500-600gold, maybe more.

That is just ridiculous. I have like 50gold, 75 gold tops (if I sold everything).

What do you think the % of gold buying players is for those who own a legendary? I think at least 90% of them bought gold. 7% got a pre-cursor early on, and the rest either got funded by their guild or got lucky with a few precursor drops.

Farming it should not be based on luck. The only way I see my self getting a legendary is by getting really lucky by getting a precursor drop, and still it will be hard to get.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Or buy the gold. It’s a cash-shop game, after all.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

sigh this thread again.

Farm more.

The only way I see you getting a legendary is if you stop posting these kinds of threads, get an MF set, and farm the crap out of CS. Had a friend who farmed for a week, got himself around 200-300g.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

I am not playing 12 hours a day for a month straight just to farm one item that doesn’t even have a stat bonus. All I am trying to point out is that the Legendary shouldn’t be based on luck/buying gold.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

Anet nerfs farming spots because they want you to buy gems. Course, that doesnt help since the grind itself will either make a player simply quit snd/or buy gold from gold sellers at a flat price that doesnt rely on shifting exchange rates.

The argument here is that the game is fun to play so that eliminates grind.

Wrong.

Grind is grind and fun content will only ease that pain so much.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Well you are probably not looking for the reponse ’it’s a legendary you gotta work for it’

Most of the mats will be ‘easy’ to farm, you could make a goal of buying/farming 10 each day. Or something like that, only think I don’t think is realistic is the lodestones/ ectos… You could no life farm fractals,you’ll get quite a few ectos.

Hmm yeah… Aiming for the cooler 250 ecto weapons from the forge will be better if you don’t want to put in the massive effort with little payoff(legendaries)

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

sigh this thread again.

Farm more.

The only way I see you getting a legendary is if you stop posting these kinds of threads, get an MF set, and farm the crap out of CS. Had a friend who farmed for a week, got himself around 200-300g.

sigh not this again

loot drops and Magic Find is currently broken.

The only way Magic Find works for you at the moment is if you want crafting materials, while getting much less of everything else. Farming for the gold in Cursed Shore, with the current loot bug, (without selling crafting mats) for 600G will take you about 1,578 hours. If the average player gets on for lets say 6 hours a day, it will take you 263 days. Before the loot bug and plinx nerf it was possible to get it within a month.

Oreoz.2573

Here, this is a list of (most) of the named exotics that can be created in the mystic forge. In many cases people prefer these to their legendary counterparts such as Mjolnir over The Juggernaut.

Keep in mind 3 things though:

1. Each of these recipes requires an Eldrich Scroll, sold from Mitani for 50 Skill Points. If you want one of these to tide you over asthetically until you get a legendary, youll have to “level” that much more for 200 skill points.

2. These are exotic weapons which means they will likely be slightly inferior to the ascended weapons once they role them out. A simple Tmute stone fixes this however.

3. These recipes are a grind. No doubt. But its for the materials only, nothing else. No RNG here (CLOVERS). Once you have what you need, youre done.

So check em out.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge/Other_Items

Posted by: Lemuria.3195

Lemuria.3195

Magic find is largely worthless with the DR now anyway, and I’m still not entirely convinced it applies to some of the needed items like unidentified dyes (read: anything that doesn’t have a yellow/orange version of itself).

Still, I see legendary’s as a way to flash your real-world cash since those who have them have undoubtedly spent a great deal of their money on gems to trade for the necessary gold. I averaged it out at around 600+ gold to buy the needed items for a legendary. Dungeon runs give around 20 silver each, so that’s roughly 3000 dungeon runs before you have enough gold for a legendary weapon.

Given that there’s only so many times you can repeat a dungeon before the cash reward turns stale, we’ll assume you run each one once per day, so 125 days to get your legendary if you did every dungeon run successfully every day.

Ganbare!

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

You can make a lot of money by playing the Trade Post.

And by ‘playing’ I mean sitting at the TP all day. Soon as something sells, drop everything, pick up your money, and place it back in the TP. Live off the TP.

Then you can watch your gold climb. It is boring. It isn’t fun. And you feel like the game is pointless.

Grinding is ok when it just comes as you do various content. But we can’t do various content. The entire map of Tyria is empty except Orr, because you need to be there to get the required materials.

Would be much better if all zones in the world dropped tier 6 items if you are lvl 80, and all nodes have a chance to give Orichalcum and such. People can play anywhere and everywhere. Orr would be the most efficient, but the rest of Tyria would be open for ‘fun’.

It is bad design. Simple as that. Many of the legendaries are not even noticeable. We were told “we would know them when we see them.” I say, ‘meh’.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

I have been farming for my legendary pretty hardcore over the past few weeks (farmed passively since the beginning of the game) and I just get sad when I look at the list of items I still need for the Legendary.

So far I farmed EVERYTHING that is non-gold related. Karma/Skill Points/Badges/Tokens/Exploration/etc..

Roughly adding up the remaining materials I need that are gold related, it looks like I’ll need around 500-600gold, maybe more.

That is just ridiculous. I have like 50gold, 75 gold tops (if I sold everything).

What do you think the % of gold buying players is for those who own a legendary? I think at least 90% of them bought gold. 7% got a pre-cursor early on, and the rest either got funded by their guild or got lucky with a few precursor drops.

Farming it should not be based on luck. The only way I see my self getting a legendary is by getting really lucky by getting a precursor drop, and still it will be hard to get.

I’m in the same position than you. I was really motivated to get a legendary – I farmed karma, badges, tokens, etc… and I ended up having only 20 gold for the gold-related parts. End of my quest, end of my dream – I’m not going to farm 200 gold to get my item, especially when some people are spending their real money to get it faster than me.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Anet nerfs farming spots because they want you to buy gems. Course, that doesnt help since the grind itself will either make a player simply quit snd/or buy gold from gold sellers at a flat price that doesnt rely on shifting exchange rates.

The argument here is that the game is fun to play so that eliminates grind.

Wrong.

Grind is grind and fun content will only ease that pain so much.

They’re nerfing farming locations, so you would understand that farming doesn’t pay. If you do several activities daily, you can amass 10 Gold a day. Legendary has no purpose except for bragging about having a bigger kitten, it’s the ultimate goal to set, but you absolutely don’t need it. If it had better stats it would be easier to acquire. As not since it gives you no advantage and is only for bragging it only makes sense that it’s hard to get.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I have made a similar topic here.

The thing is: legendaries currently reward mostly time spent. They could be changed to reward luck (which IMO would be a very bad idea, as the precursors have shown us) or to reward skill, or to reward other things. However, the players who can only offer time spent and have no skill or anything else to offer are strongly against this – so they are going to tell you to just give up or work for it.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: YPC.6349

YPC.6349

Here, this is a list of (most) of the named exotics that can be created in the mystic forge. In many cases people prefer these to their legendary counterparts such as Mjolnir over The Juggernaut.

Keep in mind 3 things though:

1. Each of these recipes requires an Eldrich Scroll, sold from Mitani for 50 Skill Points. If you want one of these to tide you over asthetically until you get a legendary, youll have to “level” that much more for 200 skill points.

2. These are exotic weapons which means they will likely be slightly inferior to the ascended weapons once they role them out. A simple Tmute stone fixes this however.

3. These recipes are a grind. No doubt. But its for the materials only, nothing else. No RNG here (CLOVERS). Once you have what you need, youre done.

So check em out.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge/Other_Items

Yea, MFR weapons fill the gap between exotic and legendary very well. If you are hitting “legendary wall”, you could look at on MFR. They could be easy or almost as hard as legendary, so you can pick a goal that is affordable to you. They don’t create power creep. Their special look make you feel “progression” and more unique. Some of them even have better look than legendary imo, like Mjolnir, infinite light, Mists series(those need 250 ecto). And they have more style to better suit your character, like the bows if you roll a male character, firebringer/volcanus + cof armor for a fire-theme character, winters/jormag for ice-theme, eye of rogort for nerco etc. However, at this moment, I would say unless anet confirm they will offer a way to ascend them, it isn’t an idea to invest on them. Anyway I think MFR weapons is a great idea, anet should not abandon them.

Posted by: Apathy.6430

Apathy.6430

Then don’t farm for legendaries.

If you don’t enjoy the thrill of the hunt, don’t go hunting.

Apathy.6430

However, at this moment, I would say unless anet confirm they will offer a way to ascend them, it isn’t an idea to invest on them. Anyway I think MFR weapons is a great idea, anet should not abandon them.

Has there been any indication anywhere that transmutation stones don’t work on ascended?

YPC.6349

However, at this moment, I would say unless anet confirm they will offer a way to ascend them, it isn’t an idea to invest on them. Anyway I think MFR weapons is a great idea, anet should not abandon them.

Has there been any indication anywhere that transmutation stones don’t work on ascended?

It should work, but getting some of MFR item is almost like half way to legendary (e.g twilight is about 1000g and volcanus is about 400g). If ascended is as hard as those MFR, you may as well just get a legendary.

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

There are plenty of players with legendary weapons already.

You either HC farm for it and have it in few months or just play the game and you get in in a year. Remeber…. Legedary weapons are long term goal = months or years of work.

Either way you cant complain its about farm. If you choose to grind, farm its only your choice, because you are unpatient and want it ’’now’’

Stop complaining. If the farm, money required for the legenadry is simply is too much for you, then just give up. Dont need to make topic about it.

All I need for my legendary is uncontested Balthazar temple now .. The rest I gained by simply playing Guild Wars, farming cursed shore, dungeons, wvw. 1200 hours played atm.

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

Oreoz.2573

The best way to really get a legendary is to treat the acquisition of the materials as individual goals rather than be intimidated by looking at what you need all at once.

I don’t think the actual crafting materials are much of an issue for people. These were always going to take time to get and arguably can be gotten in the time it takes to farm the two things people ARE worried about:

1. Karma. The plinx was a bit of a blow but only at first. Save your jugs of karma. 70 of them drunk with the 5% banner, the 15% and the boost will net you all the karma you need to knock out the 250 obsidian shards in one trip. Thats about two months of work plus change. Thats for the initial 250 though. Youll need more to mske those clovers so aim high with your jug count if you wish to account for that. Basically, if you have patience, then karma farming is no longer an issue.

2. Money. Dungeons net you about 20-25s each run. 3 runs at best will get you 75. A 4th will even you out at 1g (loot drops and sales notwithstanding). So imagine if you did 3 paths for 3 of your favorite dungeons. Thats 3g. The money for a precursor (depending on which one) will come after maybe about a year. Maybe a bit more. But in that time im salvaging ectos and other T6 mats.

In my case I need 100 icy runestones as well. So this has been my “rotation:”

1. Do dailies. Jug of karma.
2. 3-6 dungeon runs. Earn 1-3g.
3. Kill the claw of Jormag. Buy an icy runestone.
4. Go to frostgorge/southsun cove. Mine at least 20-30 orichalcum ore from rich and regular veins.
5. Bank leftover gold.
6. Play the rest of the game.
7. Repeat next day

I consider myself a casual player. So i know how long its going to take me to get a legendary. My rotation is very basic and doesnt take into account gold i might make from selling rares or mats i dont need or any other random instance that may occur or even guild help. I understand it will take time to get what i want. Im a patient msn and thats truly all you need.

So come up with a plan for every day. Those activities i listed take about two hours max. Easy for a casual. Just take it step by step and the progress you make will curb sny frustrations you may have towards the task at hand because you will honestly feel as though youre getting closer, which you will be.

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

It’s definitely not for those who don’t like creating medium to long term plans, since the materials needed plus the precursor can push back your plans significantly. I’ve been picking at it for over a month and a half now, biding my time and building up necessary materials to give me a boost in the right direction. Now I’m sitting on 100 icy runestones, almost 4/5 of the dust of for the gift of energy, fifteen mystic clovers, bloodstone shard, enough karma to buy two hundred and fifty obsidian shards and a hodgepodge of random materials to craft the other mystic clovers, gifts and the precursor itself.

It’s only a matter of time, though farming the charged lodestones will be the bigger barrier for me, along with the gift of battle. It’s not that I hate Wv3, it’s that it takes too bloody long to accumulate that many badges of honor, stuck at one hundred and fifty at the moment.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Then don’t get a Legendary.
They’re meant to take ages to get.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Oreoz.2573

Not to mention theres that slim chance the claw drops a precursor. Not neccessarily the one you want, but selling it will at least cut the amount you need to buy it in half. 12 months of gold farming instantly becomes six. Lol

Posted by: Volomon.9147

Volomon.9147

The percentage of gold buying players is low. Its mostly players who used bugs or actually played them game correctly the problem is by the time casual players started farming anet slowly close so many ways to make money. It use to be easy to get gold really really easy. Anet is just making it harder and harder. That is what your seeing now

I mean hell you need like what 1500-2000 gold if you were starting out from scratch.

Will future people buy gold probably.

(edited by Volomon.9147)

Posted by: ConcernedPlum.1087

ConcernedPlum.1087

I know how you feel.. It does take forever to do. My least favorite part though is the Clovers. The one thing that you literally cannot control. Farming for thousands of ingredients then have to go by chance for a huge part of it.

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

Or buy the gold. It’s a cash-shop game, after all.

It doesn’t work that way. If you buy gems for gold, the payout of gold is pretty low. Last time I bought 2800 gems for $35 I got 15 gold back from trade. An awful lot of RL cash just for a mere 15g. It still does not even put a dent in all the qualifications for one Legendary.

Oreoz.2573

A few nights ago 800 gems was worth sbout 8g. Looks like you had bad timing. Lol

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

A few nights ago 800 gems was worth sbout 8g. Looks like you had bad timing. Lol

the gold – gem exchange is very unstable. A week ago my bf logged on at nighttime on a European server just to find that at that precise hour you could exchange 50s for 100 gems. In an hour it once again rose to 3 gold for 100 gems.

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

Legendaries are meant to take longer than 3 months to make.

[Edited by CC: Inappropriate formatting]

(edited by Moderator)

Dogblaster.6713

Amen

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

I don’t see what is so funny. If the gem vs gold market is this unstable. Then the devs need to dracticly lower the qualifications of a ledgendary. Sure a small handfull of people have legendaries, but did they get them legitly? Or just bought all their gold from gold sellers to help speed up the qualifications of all the stuff needed for a ledgendary? All the bots still in game tells me otherwise.

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

Part of the reasoning behind this was the fact that Legendary were only cosmetic items and offered no bonuses at all. Now they are the “always best in game” gear. While I agree the reqs for them should be high, it should not be something that is insanely high anymore since they are actually useful now.

Exotics have been easy to get/buy/craft in comparison and they were designed to be best in game. Now that the legendaries are, they need to drop the reqs on them some to keep with their basic gaming philosophy.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

(edited by Moderator)

Oreoz.2573

I don’t see what is so funny. If the gem vs gold market is this unstable. Then the devs need to dracticly lower the qualifications of a ledgendary. Sure a small handfull of people have legendaries, but did they get them legitly? Or just bought all their gold from gold sellers to help speed up the qualifications of all the stuff needed for a ledgendary? All the bots still in game tells me otherwise.

His/her bad timing was funny, never mind the exchange rate. You read into it too much.
Buut since were here i might as well simply ask……who are you racing against to get a legendary? If not, how does someone else getting one before you impact your game? It most likely doesnt except to complain that old methods are no longer available which is hardly a reason to complain neway.

As far as the exchange rate goes, buying gold with gems is a terrible idea and really should never be done. Anet has to make money so the return is always going to be less than desirable.

And as far as legendaries go ive already outlined the bedt way to go about getting thrm for the casual player (which i believe the majority are). Impatience is ghe only thing standing in peoples way at this point. Sure theres the RNG clovers thing, butthat just takes more patience since you will eventually get what you want.

Theres no further argument to be made.

YPC.6349

It use to be easy to get gold really really easy. Anet is just making it harder and harder.

Legendary crafting cost, aka without counting the price of precursor, almost double within a month in term of gold because gold now are the easiest to make in history. Dungeons generate too much gold and there is huge decrease on mat supply due to nerf and lack of incentive. And lets look at the material list of legendary, it costs 120g, 2k t6 fine mat, 1k T3-6 common mat, 3 stacks of 100 lodestones or 250 t6 common mat and about 500 ecto . The gold part only takes a minority of the cost therefore the overall cost is depended on the price of mat. Increasing gold supply will cause even larger inflation, making everything even harder to get and at some point people stop trade item with gold on TP and start using ecto/forum token as currency and only trade in 3rd party forum.

To make it more clear and simple, if you are using gold as standard currency, then yes legendary crafting cost is ridiculously expensive now; but if you are using ecto as standard currency, then it is the cheapest in the history.

Dogblaster.6713

As Arenanet already stated, only about 5% player base will achive legendaries. I have mine almost done, I did get it legetly and have 1200 hours played.

When I am reading your posts I just have to laught tho be honest .. nothing personal but you look like some casual player that feels bad about not getting his legendary.
Legendary weapons are the highest tier weapons in the game, most prestigue and rare ones. Only few players will have them and those players should be either dedicated hardcore players or rich players. Not complaining whiny kids .. Sorry, but thats how it is.

Erasculio.2914

Only few players will have them and those players hould be dedicated hardcore players. Not complaining whiny kids .. Sorry, but thats how it is.

Ideally, it would be something given to the most skilled players. Not simply to the players who have the most free time and are willing to mindlessly farm like bots.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to

Posted by: Voqar.2349

Voqar.2349

I won’t ever create a legendary. The grinding/farming required doesn’t fit into my concept of fun. Some people can tolerate it though.

Apathy.6430

Ideally, it would be something given to the most skilled players. Not simply to the players who have the most free time and are willing to mindlessly farm like bots.

So only people who win yearly PvP tournaments should get them?

Dogblaster.6713

Only few players will have them and those players hould be dedicated hardcore players. Not complaining whiny kids .. Sorry, but thats how it is.

Nope .. this is mmorpg. Who dedicate more time will achieve better items .. Are you playing MMMORG for the first time?
I guess you are the in wrong genre here, if you think skill matters more than time spend ingame. (We are talking about PvE here .. not PvP)

I play mmorpg because I enjoy farming gold and mats, doing dungeons over and over again for better gear.

If I wanted to be rewarded for skill I would just play Dota 2, Starcraft 2, FPS games.

MMORPGs are about how much time you can play them. Simple

P.S.: YOU DONT need to mindlessly grind for legendary like a bot. Only those who want their legendaries in 2-3 months have to.
Legendaries were created as long term ingame goal. Year + …

No one CANT complain that legendaries are about farm.They are farm ONLY WHEN YOU CHOOSE TO. If you are patient and dont want it in 2-3 months, you dont have to farm ever.

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Nope .. this is mmorpg. Who dedicate more time go MMORPG will ahve better things .. You are in wrong game if you think skill matters more than time spend ingame.

I play mmorpg because I enjoy farming gold, doing dunges over and over for better gear.

If I wanted to be rewarded for skill I would just play Dota 2, Starcraft 2. FPSs games.

MMORPGs are about how much time you can play them. Simple

Agreed with this. They people who complain about legendaries going to people who don’t “deserve” them should just go out to real life rich people who got their money through exploiting life and luck (whether it was inheritance or good investment in stocks) and tell them they didn’t deserve it.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Apathy.6430

Agreed with this. They people who complain about legendaries going to people who don’t “deserve” them should just go out to real life rich people who got their money through exploiting life and luck (whether it was inheritance or good investment in stocks) and tell them they didn’t deserve it.

Occupy Lion’s Arch?

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Got mine 100% legit about 4 days ago. Not once did I get lucky, I have never got anything worth more than 3.5g, even from the forge. Took me about 2 1/2 months and I don’t even play much lol. If you really want it then you better work for it, I’ve seen so many people in LA saying the same kitten you did (to the OP), moaning about the price and chatting, instead of farming/running dungeons doing whatever to actually earn the gold needed.
I did get a stack of ectos and 60% of my t6 mats when they were 5x cheaper than they are atm, but hey, tough luck. Overall I spent about 500g tho, which is still a lot.

Nothing about my legendary was lucky tbh, didn’t play with the TP either. I just played the game. Made it feel so much better when I crafted it.

Dogblaster.6713

Guys .. come on. There are plenty awesome non-legendary weapons out there which dont require so much effort.

If you are not willing to put the effort that Legendary weapons require why dont you even bother? Why do you need to create these topics?

There are players those are willing to put this effort in, these players worked hard to achieve their legendaries and they have right to have them.

I dont remember anyone complaining in real life that they cant afford Bentley or Louis vuitton. These things are just for small portion of people. Keep it this way. Okey?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’s optional though.

Main thing that makes me sad panda is Lodestones.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Erasculio.2914

Nope .. this is mmorpg. Who dedicate more time will achieve better items .. Are you playing MMMORG for the first time?

Zzzzzz… MMORPGs are based on quest hubs, where are the quests in GW2? Oh right, GW2 is being different from other MMOs. MMORPGs are based on players having to spawn camp in order to kill some monsters, where are the spawn campers in GW2? Oh right, GW2 is being different from other MMOs. And so on.

Currently, one of the weaknesses of the MMO genre is how it rewards lack of skill. There are historical reasons for this kind of design – it made a lot of sense in the context of pay to play games trying to catter to as many players as possible – but it’s one of the things ArenaNet should change, just as they have changed many of the classic conventions of MMORPGs.

Saying “that’s how it is because that’s how it has always been” is a very weak way to disguise “that’s how it is and stop complaining because that’s how I want it to be”.

Agreed with this. They people who complain about legendaries going to people who don’t “deserve” them should just go out to real life rich people

And this is a perfect example of how the current system doesn’t work.

In real life, a Chinese factory worker has to work very long shifts each day. They work more hours than the CEO of big companies – yet, do they have a higher sallary than said CEOs? No, quite the opposite. Under the current legendary system, however, they would actually get a higher reward merely for working more time, regardless of how simple and mindless their work is.

The legendary system – grind, in fact – is significantly different than real life. In real life, skill and ability are more important than time spent.

Posted by: Linenoise.5380

Linenoise.5380

Once you factor in that the same people running the gem store are the same ones that run/ran Nexon you will understand why the grind is the way it is.

Grind away but don’t fall into the scam of buying gems.

Apathy.6430

I think you may have quoted the wrong person, which makes your juvenile attempts at insults even more hilarious.

Nah I quoted the right person. Dont understand why you care about how they got their golds? Even if they were just playing trade post, even if they bought 1000000 gems or just beeing lucky. Its not anyone else business.

This is just a response to ‘’Occupy Lion’s Arch?’’ …

You seem moderately confused.

It’s alright, don’t get mad dude, it’s just a forum.

Posted by: Serra.8069

Serra.8069

Legendaries are not going to be handed to you. Some of the components (cough lodestones) are a pain to get and arguably unfarmable, but you should know and accept that by now if you’re committed to crafting a legendary.

Now I agree precursors also suck. RNG sucks. But 500-600g is not “needed,” not by a long shot. Well, maybe if you want to be lazy and buy absolutely everything.

Aside from the 120g necessary for icy runestones and the 2 recipes from Miyani, I spent less than 100g in other mats for my Juggernaut (not counting the Colossus). Since September I had been putting in small buy orders for things here and there. Molten lodestones when they were around 20-30s, vicious fangs and claws for half a silver. Aside from that? I farmed. I farmed t5 mats and transmuted them into t6 when the t6 drop rates were too low for my tastes. I farmed t5 mats to craft lvl 80 rares to salvage for my ectos. I sold what I didn’t need. I ran a lot of dungeons.

Time, effort, dedication and planning. I believe anyone can get one, and those who think legendaries should only go to “skilled” players need to get off their high horse and remember what game they’re playing. Everyone deserves the chance to make a legendary.

Point is, don’t whine if you’re not willing to put in the effort just because you can’t get one right this second. You have not farmed “everything that isn’t gold related.” Take your time, it’ll be more rewarding in the end.

Erasculio.2914

and those who think legendaries should only go to “skilled” players need to get off their high horse and remember what game they’re playing. Everyone deserves the chance to make a legendary

Do people with a life deserve to get a Legendary, too? :-P

YPC.6349

and those who think legendaries should only go to “skilled” players need to get off their high horse and remember what game they’re playing. Everyone deserves the chance to make a legendary

Yes, not in a month tho, years maybe

Posted by: Serra.8069

Serra.8069

I find that a common excuse that people who want a legendary but don’t have one yet use, but yes, of course they do :P What’s wrong with long term goals?