Farming for Legendary is rediculous.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

I have all the gifts ready except the gift of fortune, which I’m working on right now. it’s taken me since launch to get this far, add in some distractions like lvling 2 more 80’s, outfitting all 3 in exotics and wvw.

I had fun and am still having fun. I earn a meager 1g per hour of play, but I don’t grind a single moment, unless you call the whole process a grind. I’m constantly moving around to different zones, doing jumping puzzles, 1 fractal a day, harvesting mats for crafting and selling.

no complaints here. I know the time frame I want my legendary coincides with the amount of time I want to input into the game.

maybe those who are complaining want them ASAP and when they realize the amount of work involved start posting threads like this one.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I find that a common excuse that people who want a legendary but don’t have one yet use, but yes, of course they do :P What’s wrong with long term goals?

And what is wrong with players wanting to be rewarded for being skilled or for having fun, instead of for being willing to “endure” playing the game?

It’s interesting that a common comment in this kind of topic (or a common “excuse”, if you want to call it like that) is “if you want it, work for it, just like you work in real life”. I wonder, do people who state those comments have a job in real life?

Doing mindless activities over and over again, like farming… That’s not a “real” job in real life. Sure, some people can’t find better things to do due to a lack of better opportunities… But those who actually make careers, who have big jobs? Doctors, laywers, engineers, teachers, and etc? They don’t “grind” real life, they do the work they want to do. They don’t “endure” their work, they have chosen their work based on what they like to do.

If grind is something people avoid even in real life, if the most successful people in the world are not “grinders”, if the biggest salaries usually go to those who enjoy their jobs… Why, exactly, do you want grind to be the thing with the highest reward in the game?

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Sir Wai.4052

Sir Wai.4052

Can people please stop with these type of threads -.- I have my legendary and spent $0 dollars, my guildies know cause as I was doing it kept putting up status update lol. I must say I only have kudzu so I didn’t need lodestones (thank god) but yea it is totally possible, you just need to know where to farm and what is actually worth your time. For instance I made a lot of money upgrade potent blood to powerful blood while bots still existed, because I always looking for ways to profit (not profitable anymore well it is but small chance). I must say I lucked out here also since I bought all my mats 3 days before the sudden inflation. I actually made my weapon the day of the lost shore karka event, it’s sad to see my leaf of kudzu drop to 80 gold when I spent 190 gold 2 weeks ago, it happens its the market. Karma was easier to attain, cause I enjoy wvwvw and basically you get a lot of karma, with phlix nerf it is a bit harder but hey dungeons give you karma also. Also my last items I needed was ecto and I was buying those easily since I could sell my tier 6 mats for 1 ecto practically at that moment. (Lucky xD) I had. 670 hours on my char before attaining kudzu. And I started after all the early exploits so don’t bring that up also.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Omg people! What is wrong with you? The Legendary was supposed to take you a long time to achieve as you play the game normally, not go farming/grinding for it!
It took me almost 2 years to get my Obsidian Armor in gw1, never farmed anything just played the normal game and eventually got so rich i could buy as many Obby armor sets as i wanted. Probably had enough money to get it earlier but was collecting other Elite sets i liked first. anyway, you guys are so impatient, the game is 3 months old and you all want your Legendaries already!
Seriously, give it a rest!

Posted by: Serra.8069

Serra.8069

I find that a common excuse that people who want a legendary but don’t have one yet use, but yes, of course they do :P What’s wrong with long term goals?

And what is wrong with players wanting to be rewarded for being skilled or for having fun, instead of for being willing to “endure” playing the game?

It’s interesting that a common comment in this kind of topic (or a common “excuse”, if you want to call it like that) is “if you want it, work for it, just like you work in real life”. I wonder, do people who state those comments have a job in real life?

Doing mindless activities over and over again, like farming… That’s not a “real” job in real life. Sure, some people can’t find better things to do due to a lack of better opportunities… But those who actually make careers, who have big jobs? Doctors, laywers, engineers, teachers, and etc? They don’t “grind” real life, they do the work they want to do. They don’t “endure” their work, they have chosen their work based on what they like to do.

If grind is something people avoid even in real life, if the most successful people in the world are not “grinders”, if the biggest salaries usually go to those who enjoy their jobs… Why, exactly, do you want grind to be the thing with the highest reward in the game?

Well, I did enjoy the road to my legendary. I just played the game for the most part; I did it because I wanted to, not because I had nothing better to do. I’m not a high profile career type, I’m an artist and barely get by, but because I love what I do it makes it that much more worthwhile to me.

I’m sorry if what I said made it sound like I equate MMO farming to real life jobs, because it’s not what I intended. I just meant that it takes a lot of time and willpower to get a legendary. I don’t think endless grinds/farms are fun, but if you stop looking at it like a mindless grind, it ceases to be one and can just be fun (: It helped a lot for me that I had great guildies to keep me company throughout the journey.

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

And here I thought “fun” was the highest reward of a game. Silly me, should’ve known a bunch of shiney pixels trumps “fun”. Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, some people enjoy “grinding”? Or that maybe, just maybe, anything you do in the game(except spvp) actually gets you to a legendary at some point? The only difference is how fast you get there. And if you’d rather do stuff you dislike just to get those pixels in a bulk asap…maybe, just maybe, the problem lies in you and not the game design?

Erasculio.2914

Well, I did enjoy the road to my legendary. I just played the game for the most part; I did it because I wanted to, not because I had nothing better to do. I’m not a high profile career type, I’m an artist and barely get by, but because I love what I do it makes it that much more worthwhile to me.

Exactly. I would expect GW2 to be something like that. I wished people would be more rewarded for doing whatever it is they truly enjoy doing than for grinding. And that’s because, while I believe a few players actually like to grind, we often see people complaining about how ArenaNet has nerfed farming spot X and thus those players would have to keep doing something they are not enjoying for longer. I would like ArenaNet’s reply to that kind of thing be “don’t worry, if you don’t enjoy that, you don’t need to do it any longer, go play whatever it is you enjoy and you will get what you want, too!”. Currently their reply has been closer to “sorry, you were farming too quickly, you will have to endure farming a bit slower to get what you want”.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, some people enjoy “grinding”? Or that maybe, just maybe, anything you do in the game(except spvp) actually gets you to a legendary at some point?

See my comments above. I’m sure a few players like to grind, but if so many people enjoyed it, we would not get as many complaints when ArenaNet nerfs farming as we do.

Grind has a big negative impact in the game. When people say, “We want gearscore for dungeons!”, have you ever bothered to think why? It’s because they want to play with other players that give them the highest possible chance to succeed; and that is because they want to play through those dungeons as fast as possivle; and that is because they do not enjoy what they are doing, they just want to get it over with as quickly as possible. In other words, they are grinding, they don’t have fun grinding, and so they turn to what some people would call an elitist behavior in order to keep the grind as short as possible.

Why is grind rewarded so much, then? Why is grinding something so good that it is the most rewarded thing in the game? This is what should be changed. Grinding is not something good, for the players or for the game; it should not receive the highest rewards in the game, rather the lesser ones.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to

(edited by Erasculio.2914)

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

If they make legendary any easier – which i mean..flat easier.. i’m all okey with changing the way we farm for it. – i want a free legendary for all the work i’ve put in making this 2.

Sorry bro if people cry about them being too hard and get what they want then i also want something out of it.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Telling him to farm is pretty silly, seeing as how every farm has been nerfed and if another shows up it will be nerfed to. Pretty sure ANet wants more people to buy gems instead of playing the game to earn their wealth. I do dungeons and come out with pretty much nothing worth mention. Woo, a gold or two a day from 3-4 dungeons. Nice rewards, bro! Not. I wish these places were about 10x more rewarding because I don’t exactly enjoy zerging events 24/7 to make cash.

We’ll see in the next months whether ANet makes this worse or fixes it for the players that don’t want to dish out real money to acquire nice things in game. I would hope for the latter.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

Telling him to farm is pretty silly, seeing as how every farm has been nerfed and if another shows up it will be nerfed to. Pretty sure ANet wants more people to buy gems instead of playing the game to earn their wealth. I do dungeons and come out with pretty much nothing worth mention. Woo, a gold or two a day from 3-4 dungeons. Nice rewards, bro! Not. I wish these places were about 10x more rewarding because I don’t exactly enjoy zerging events 24/7 to make cash.

We’ll see in the next months whether ANet makes this worse or fixes it for the players that don’t want to dish out real money to acquire nice things in game. I would hope for the latter.

Legendary weapons are just nice things ?

LEGENDARY weapons are the most rare and unique weapons ingame, they are long term goal and I think only the MOST HC and dedicated players should achiveve.
Has anyone actually think about why legendary are so hard to obtain, why are they so expensive??!! They are expensive and hard to obtain so only small portion of players will ever have them. Arenanet already said that!.

If you want nice thing for your 2-4 hours a day, you can buy weapons from those dungeons or craft some corrupted, etc ones. They are nice, infact there are a tons of nice things which dont require so much effort.

Legendary weapons are the most exclusive weapons in the game. For those who spends more time in Guild Wars than in real life. For those who are taking Guild Wars seriously. LEGENDARY weapons are not for everyone. I think they are for the most HC/elitist/rich players.

I am not saying that avarage players shouldnt have legendaries ever, but for them it should take year/s.

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Really?

You call legendary nice thing?

LEGENDARY WEAPON are the most rare and unique weapons ingame, they are long term goal that only the MOST HC and dedicated players should achiveve.
HAS anyone even actually thin about why legendary are so hard to obtain, why are they so expensive? So only small portion of players will have them. ARENANET already said that!

If you want nice thing for your 2-4 hours a day, you can buy weapons from those dungeons or craft some corrupted, etc ones. They are nice, infact there are a tons of nice things which dont require so much effort.

Legendary weapons are the most exclusive weapons in the game. For those who spends more time in Guild Wars than in real life. For those who actually works for it. NOT FOR EVERYONE.

That’s fine, but there are no good ways of making gold unless you buy it, that was my point. Calm down.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

I am sorry but the community is the one that is completely screwing themselves over. People have the dang prices jacked up so dang high to make gold to buy things because other people have the prices jacked up so kitten high. You want to address the situation, talk to the community. However no one cares. Players have been constantly jacking up the prices since day one. I have watched precursors start at 15 gold and go all the way up to 400 gold now. ridiculous, and completely inane. Players control the economy and are screwing themselves.

Erasculio.2914

Legendary weapons are the most exclusive weapons in the game. For those who spends more time in Guild Wars than in real life.

It would be a real shame if ArenaNet intentionally rewarded that kind of unhealthy behavior.

Players control the economy and are screwing themselves.

That’s how it always is. The more control players have of the economy, the worse it is for everyone other than a small minority.

Dogblaster.6713

Really?

You call legendary nice thing?

LEGENDARY WEAPON are the most rare and unique weapons ingame, they are long term goal that only the MOST HC and dedicated players should achiveve.
HAS anyone even actually thin about why legendary are so hard to obtain, why are they so expensive? So only small portion of players will have them. ARENANET already said that!

Legendary weapons are the most exclusive weapons in the game. For those who spends more time in Guild Wars than in real life. For those who actually works for it. NOT FOR EVERYONE.

That’s fine, but there are no good ways of making gold unless you buy it, that was my point. Calm down.

How come me and my friends can do like 10-20 golds per day. Avarage 2g per hour, either in dungeons or Orr.

I usually do:
3x AC = 4 g +-
farming orr for several hours = 5-10g
more dungeons, etc …

Dogblaster.6713

Legendary weapons are the most exclusive weapons in the game. For those who spends more time in Guild Wars than in real life.

It would be a real shame if ArenaNet intentionally rewarded that kind of unhealthy behavior.

Players control the economy and are screwing themselves.

That’s how it always is. The more control players have of the economy, the worse it is for everyone other than a small minority.

every company rewards the most loyal customers .. in mmorpgs the most loyal customers are those who play the most and spend the most money on it.

I have 1200 hours played and around 300+ euros spend on gems … I think Arenanet would like every customer to have these numbers.

Dogblaster.6713

I am sorry but the community is the one that is completely screwing themselves over. People have the dang prices jacked up so dang high to make gold to buy things because other people have the prices jacked up so kitten high. You want to address the situation, talk to the community. However no one cares. Players have been constantly jacking up the prices since day one. I have watched precursors start at 15 gold and go all the way up to 400 gold now. ridiculous, and completely inane. Players control the economy and are screwing themselves.

The prices actually equals the effort it takes to get these items .. If you think you can craft precursor for 15g spend on weapons that you throw in, that is just not true.

Ive spend around 150g and got nothing so I bought mine from TP. Same goes for T6 material and ectos, they are not easy to get and they are highest tier material.

Erasculio.2914

I have 1200 hours played and around 300+ euros spend on gems …

Dogblaster.6713

I have 1200 hours played and around 300+ euros spend on gems …

They are not rewarding me in any way. I can just achive long term goals faster than avarage players. Thats all.

TWMagimay.9057

See my comments above. I’m sure a few players like to grind, but if so many people enjoyed it, we would not get as many complaints when ArenaNet nerfs farming as we do.

Grind has a big negative impact in the game. When people say, “We want gearscore for dungeons!”, have you ever bothered to think why? It’s because they want to play with other players that give them the highest possible chance to succeed; and that is because they want to play through those dungeons as fast as possivle; and that is because they do not enjoy what they are doing, they just want to get it over with as quickly as possible. In other words, they are grinding, they don’t have fun grinding, and so they turn to what some people would call an elitist behavior in order to keep the grind as short as possible.

Why is grind rewarded so much, then? Why is grinding something so good that it is the most rewarded thing in the game? This is what should be changed. Grinding is not something good, for the players or for the game; it should not receive the highest rewards in the game, rather the lesser ones.

You absolutely, completely missed every point I made. I’ll try to explain better and in order of appearance.

I have never seen anybody ask for gear score in game. I’ve never been asked to show my gear or asked for it myself(because repairs are cheap xD). That part always feels so unreal to me… And if people are doing smth they don’t enjoy, it’s their own fault.

The highest reward in the game is fun. It’s not some virtual item that shoots unicorns. If you think it is, you should probably reconsider your priorities. Having a legendary weapon is not even close to a “must”. And before you say anything about ascended: they did say there will be other ways to obtain the gear besides fotm when the armour/weapon come out. Anything on that topic is beyond pure speculation. For all we know, they’ll be craftable with double the mats compared to exotics.

Now, how to get a legendary. You can grind your behind off and get it relatively fast. But is it worth it? I dislike Orr and the events in it in particular(I’m proud to say I don’t even know where or what “plinx” is). 2 weeks ago I decided I want The Bifrost. And I’m getting closer to it by the day. I make 5g in ~3h of playtime without grinding or doing anything unpleasant. Farm ori and stuff on 2 chars(~1h) → sell for 3.5-4g. Do a daily fotm run for some mats, ectos and obsidian shards(~1.5h) + gold. Borderlands JP for badges and some more items(~30min). If I have more time…gather some herbs around for a few extra bucks(because I like gathering…weird, I know). Voilà. I had fun and got 1 step closer to the weapon I want. As smb else said, patience is very important for a casual player. If you set unrealistic goals that require you to do things you dislike, you are simply doing it wrong.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Legendary farming is supposed to be ridiculous. True to the Guild Wars series and unlike WoW, you are farming for the looks only and not the sta- … oh wait.

Erasculio.2914

You absolutely, completely missed every point I made

No, I understood your points. I simply believe they are wrong. For example:

I have never seen anybody ask for gear score in game.

Because there is no gearscore in game. That doesn’t mean people are not being kicked from groups because of their gear, or that players aren’t asking for DPS meters and similar things with the goals of being able to grind faster, because they dont want to grind yet they are doing so, and thanks to that they are making the game worse for other players. That’s the kind of impact grind has on the game. And do you know why? Because, in your own words…

You can grind your behind off and get it relatively fast.

And why is grind being rewarded more than everything else, so doing it is the faster way to achieve anything? Why is grind so superior to any other plasytyle, considering how negatively it impacts GW2?

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

It’s like that for a reason, stop trying to dumb it down or make it easier. keep plugging away and it will be all the more worth it when Big Z spits out your legendary.

I’m on the same road, and yeah, it’s tedious, but it’s also for a reason. I have the goal in mind, and think that it is awesome that the recipe is ridiculously intense.

Dogblaster.6713

You absolutely, completely missed every point I made

I have never seen anybody ask for gear score in game.

Because there is no gearscore in game. That doesn’t mean people are not being kicked from groups because of their gear, or that players aren’t asking for DPS meters and similar things with the goals of being able to grind faster, because they dont want to grind yet they are doing so, and thanks to that they are making the game worse for other players. That’s the kind of impact grind has on the game. And do you know why? Because, in your own words…

You can grind your behind off and get it relatively fast.

And why is grind being rewarded more than everything else, so doing it is the faster way to achieve anything? Why is grind so superior to any other plasytyle, considering how negatively it impacts GW2?

Grind is not rewarded!

Its simple .. you play more = you gain stuff faster.

You either can just grind orr all day and you make your legendary faster.
You can also just do the 30 dungeons per day and have your legendary faster.
You can also spend 18 hours a day in wvw and have your legendary faster.

It doesnt matter what you do. The factor is TIME SPEND PER DAY! Those who play 12 hours/day will have their legendaries faster than those who plays 3 hours/day. Isnt that obvious?

It almost doesnt matter what you do in those 12 hours per day. But you will get your legendary faster than those who plays 3 hours a day!

Do you call grinder everyone who just plays a game more than 8+ hours a day? Even if they just do wvw, dungeons, events, whatever?

Because I almost have my legendary and I didnt grind for it .. I played 12+ hours a day.

Its like every player can do his legendary in 1000 hours played in game.
NOW it depends if you do those 1000 hours ingame in 3 months or 2 years.

That is only up to you.

Why should someone who has ATM 350 hours played have the same stuff like me who has 1200 hours played?
Obviously he wont and he has to play more 800+- hours to get to where I am.

Posted by: Pistol Joe.3741

Pistol Joe.3741

If i Can make 50 Gold (easly) a Day “Hardworking” you should be able too .
my legendary took me 1month and a half .. Already started working on my second .
Legendary Weapons are For the Hardcore only .
And it has the Same stats as an Exotic so .. it is Purely optional

Beer Belly Joe – SoS NA

Dogblaster.6713

If i Can make 50 Gold (easly) a Day “Hardworking” you should be able too .
my legendary took me 1month and a half .. Already started working on my second .
Legendary Weapons are For the Hardcore only .

+1

Legendary weapons are purely cosmetics so its optional if you go for them. No one is forcing you guys to put the effort in. Only yourself.

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

I have been farming for my legendary pretty hardcore over the past few weeks (farmed passively since the beginning of the game) and I just get sad when I look at the list of items I still need for the Legendary.

So far I farmed EVERYTHING that is non-gold related. Karma/Skill Points/Badges/Tokens/Exploration/etc..

Roughly adding up the remaining materials I need that are gold related, it looks like I’ll need around 500-600gold, maybe more.

That is just ridiculous. I have like 50gold, 75 gold tops (if I sold everything).

What do you think the % of gold buying players is for those who own a legendary? I think at least 90% of them bought gold. 7% got a pre-cursor early on, and the rest either got funded by their guild or got lucky with a few precursor drops.

Farming it should not be based on luck. The only way I see my self getting a legendary is by getting really lucky by getting a precursor drop, and still it will be hard to get.

Then don’t farm for legendaries.

If you don’t enjoy the thrill of the hunt, don’t go hunting.

There is no fun in grinding. If you think there’s fun to be had in doing the same thing over and over for hundreds of hours, then you have a psycopathic disorder known as OCD.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I think OP you should put that it’s ridiculous farming for one TODAY. It used to be a loooot easier a month ago. It would have costed around 600 gold for a legendary before. It’s about 3 times that amount now, while gold generating methods through normal play didn’t go up 3 times as well.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

For the next few months. Then they will finally update the legendary stats to be BiS and it will become a lot less optional…

Some of us already got to see those stats when they accidentally released them a few weeks ago, before reverting back to exotics. Not looking forward to that.

Dogblaster.6713

No one is forcing you to farm for legendary .. ever

You can simply play the game and have it in a year. If you farm its only because you choose to and your are not patient.

@Tolmos … Arenanet stated that Ascended gear will be availible from dungeons, wvw, drops, etc.

So it will still be 100 easyer to obtain ascended weapon than legendary Ascended weapons has nothing to do with legendary weapons and everyone who is doing legedary is doing it for skin, not stats.

Legendary weapons wont have infusion slot (main reason why you want ascended gear)

So yeea … It still remains still optional :-*

Posted by: han.9042

han.9042

Legendary weapons are just nice things ?

LEGENDARY weapons are the most rare and unique weapons ingame, they are long term goal and I think only the MOST HC and dedicated players should achiveve.
Has anyone actually think about why legendary are so hard to obtain, why are they so expensive??!! They are expensive and hard to obtain so only small portion of players will ever have them. Arenanet already said that!.

Legendary weapons are the most exclusive weapons in the game. For those who spends more time in Guild Wars than in real life. For those who are taking Guild Wars seriously. LEGENDARY weapons are not for everyone. I think they are for the most HC/elitist/rich players.

I am not saying that avarage players shouldnt have legendaries ever, but for them it should take year/s.

I have already seen more people running around with the legendary GS than other crafted weapons such as Volcanus or Vision of the Mist. I don’t consider legendaries unique anymore. In a few more months, we’ll see more of them. And in the end, the ones with the unique weapons are the ones not holding a legendary

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

legendary gs tho will carry the best available stats and volcanus and vision of the mist will stay as exotic. i expect volcanus and vision of the mist to cost 10-15g in the future.

Posted by: han.9042

han.9042

Yes. But they can be transmuted to have the highest stats as legendaries. So you’ll still probably end up seeing more legendaries than those weapons in the future.

Posted by: Tiresias.6473

Tiresias.6473

I have been farming for my legendary pretty hardcore over the past few weeks (farmed passively since the beginning of the game) and I just get sad when I look at the list of items I still need for the Legendary.

So far I farmed EVERYTHING that is non-gold related. Karma/Skill Points/Badges/Tokens/Exploration/etc..

Roughly adding up the remaining materials I need that are gold related, it looks like I’ll need around 500-600gold, maybe more.

That is just ridiculous. I have like 50gold, 75 gold tops (if I sold everything).

What do you think the % of gold buying players is for those who own a legendary? I think at least 90% of them bought gold. 7% got a pre-cursor early on, and the rest either got funded by their guild or got lucky with a few precursor drops.

Farming it should not be based on luck. The only way I see my self getting a legendary is by getting really lucky by getting a precursor drop, and still it will be hard to get.

Legendary items are designed to be something that takes months — not weeks — to acquire. They are cosmetic status symbols, similar to driving a Porsche 911 to work when a Ford Focus would get you there just fine and in the same amount of time.

If you want to lower the acquisition time then yes, you will have to participate in tasks that you don’t find enjoyable, or do things you DO enjoy in a manner that you don’t.

Main character: Winter Harvest (Necromancer)
[BICE] Black Ice / Maguuma Server

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

yeah, i forgot about that. the skin, not the stats.

TWMagimay.9057

Obviously not. For example:

Again, I never saw that happen in the game. I only see people complaining about it on the forum. Including the guy that b****ed about ppl using MF gear in fotm. I was never asked to link my gear, if I had agony resist, I never saw anybody complain about smb using MF set in fotm or even about smb not being lvl80.

How is it rewarded exactly?

Posted by: Ruby Red.4019

Ruby Red.4019

Legendaries are skins and as such are optional – it’s intended to be a long term goal it shouldn’t be easy or what’s the point. It doesn’t matter if it’s a real player farming or a bot gold seller both have the potential to disrupt the economy. The DR is easily avoided by moving around zones.

It’s a ftp game yes there’s a cash shop and yes it buys you fluff and yes you can buy in game money nothing wrong with that. Ppl do buy gold in any game that’s a fact and isn’t it better to be able to buy safely rather than from credit card and account thieves.

As for skill it can be argued ppl that have jobs and lives are more skilled in real terms than those that can play a game 18 hours a day and feel they’re owed something.

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

Your only option is to pay thousands of dollars to get the gold via gems (or hundreds from gold sellers). ArenaNet clearly doesn’t want it to be possible to earn gold by playing the game/farming (hardcore farming included, I have been farming Cursed Shore for 3 days and got one rare).

Either buy gems/gold or cheat (Godskull cheaters etc. that have gone unbanned), that’s how you’re supposed to get a legendary. At least, ArenaNet has nerfed the loot/rewards into the ground so heavily and ignored rampant cheating such that those are the only sane ways.

Dogblaster.6713

Your only option is to pay thousands of dollars to get the gold via gems (or hundreds from gold sellers). ArenaNet clearly doesn’t want it to be possible to earn gold by playing the game/farming (hardcore farming included, I have been farming Cursed Shore for 3 days and got one rare).

Either buy gems/gold or cheat (Godskull cheaters etc. that have gone unbanned), that’s how you’re supposed to get a legendary. At least, ArenaNet has nerfed the loot/rewards into the ground so heavily and ignored rampant cheating such that those are the only sane ways.

Really?! Hmm .. So how come that I can farm 10-20 g per day just simpy by doing dungeons and farming cursed shore. And I am not alone. I have friends almost done with their legenadries, they didnt hack, they didnt use gold sellers… They just played a lot.

You know why I have my legendary? Because I worked for it … 1200 hours played here.

After you get to 1000+ hours played, tell me …

I can be wrong but for me It looks like everyone who is saying something like you did, is just a jealous person that is angry because someone achieved his Legenary faster.

Players should realize one fact:

There are always better players and there are always players that achieve goals faster than others

No one can be jealous at these players. If anyone is … I recommned him to visit some doctor.

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Here is my deal because you can farm some of this stuf….

Note: Some.

We can farm karma and skill points. We can farm various stones. We can farm the badges. Those all have a starting and a ending spot. Ready for the kicker?

We can farm the precursor. However, it has “NO” ending spot. It is purely random unless you buy gold or the RNG smiles upon you and hands it to you. Legendaries are not really that bad because in the big picture most everything is known. BUT if you strickly go it alone and wait for a drop you may be waiting forever and a day. Top it off you may get the wrong pre-cursor and not even want it because it isn’t like you can tip the hat and get what you want.

Buy or trade and those take some time to get. Getting the karma and badges are easy. The rest of it is a piece of work that is the grind…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

Really?! Hmm .. So how come that I can farm 10-20 g per day just simpy by doing dungeons and farming cursed shore.

Detail exactly what you’re doing there to get 20g per day (how long is this “day” anyway? 23 hours? Some people have lives).

Anyway, I think you’re full of it. I seriously doubt you can come up with any legitimate way to earn 20g “a day” with the current rare drop rates.

Crapgame.6519

Ironically some of the mystic forge items cost more than a legendary…

Think about it for a second. Let us say you are picking a shield which requires 250 Orichalcum Shield Boss things. Each shield boss is made from 2 orichalcum ingots which are made up of 2 ores each. You can do the math but you want to guess how much that alone is?

I didn’t mention the giant eyes if you are building the wall.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

I mean yeah getting a legendary is available to everyone, but it still doesn’t change the OP’s point that the amount of farming is a bit absurd combined with the RNG. Anet could easily have the forge spit out 100% drop rate for a precursor (by putting in 4 exotics of the same weapon type) as well as mystic clovers, and that would barely make a legendary item that much easier to get (especially if the RNG around certain drops like lodestones isn’t altered).

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Fighting agains’t the super buggy Balthazar event chain is even more so…

All is vain.

TWMagimay.9057

Anyway, I think you’re full of it. I seriously doubt you can come up with any legitimate way to earn 20g “a day” with the current rare drop rates.

There is… It just needs that day to be pretty long. He said 10-20g, don’t forget. 10g is doable in 5-6h(heck, if you have 6 lvl 80 chars, u can get 10g in 3h). And from there on…lucky drops make the other 10(lodestones, exotics, salvaging rares for ectos).

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

I must say I lucked out here also since I bought all my mats 3 days before the sudden inflation.

There is no problem now because someone got a legendary before there was a problem?

The design of legendary was nobody needed one and many people wouldn’t try for one. Lots of excess materials would be available for purchase by those who wanted one. So getting a legendary did not require an absolute stupid grind for the materials. You could play how you wanted for Karma and that was the most grind if you wanted one fast. Enter Ascended gear… all those excess materials are consumed meaning that a legendary now requires stupid amounts of grinding in very specific zones. The original design is completely broken by a poorly conceived gear tier thrown at us for reasons we can only speculate.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Farming or grinding for anything is the wrong way to play GW2.
They specifically made it so you cannot just farm things, things come with time – period.

Until you get out of that mentality that you need everything and you need it quickly, you will never enjoy GW2.

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

Think about it for a second. Let us say you are picking a shield which requires 250 Orichalcum Shield Boss things. Each shield boss is made from 2 orichalcum ingots which are made up of 2 ores each. You can do the math but you want to guess how much that alone is?

Lets not guess….

The math is 250 boss * 2 ingot/boss * 2 ore/ingot * ~2.5s/ingot * 1g/100s = 25 gold.

25 gold. 25 gold won’t go anywhere when crafting legendary weapons.

Truthfully there are mystic forge weapons that cost a lot, because they use insane amounts of lodestones.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Farming or grinding for anything is the wrong way to play GW2.
They specifically made it so you cannot just farm things, things come with time – period.

Until you get out of that mentality that you need everything and you need it quickly, you will never enjoy GW2.

Yeah… isn’t that what drop rates are for?… You know, so that things come with time? So it’s fair to have all sorts of ways to make gold, but still have a DR in on top of low drop rates? Because I suppose inflated prices on materials is better than an actual balanced market of those who farm for mats and those who farm for gold… with everyone else being in the middle of these two extremes.

I understand the need for the DR in dungeons and it’s original purpose as a “quick fix” to rampant issues of botting and grubb’n…. creating a super deflated market (great for players, terrible for Anet), but now that those have been dealt with relatively successfully, why is this draconian system still in full effect?

Dogblaster.6713

Really?! Hmm .. So how come that I can farm 10-20 g per day just simpy by doing dungeons and farming cursed shore.

Detail exactly what you’re doing there to get 20g per day (how long is this “day” anyway? 23 hours? Some people have lives).

Dungeons, cursed shore .. thats all I do. Somethng about 3-8 dungeons paths and few hours of doing events. So believe me, there are legitimate ways

Yes I play 10+ hours a day … and because someone has ’’life’’ doesnt give him rights to make an excuse from it.

Someone having real life things to do, aka work, wife, kids is not excuse. You dont have 10 hours a day to farm gold, tokens, material? So be prepared to be patient because It will take you 2x longer than for someone like me who plays 10+ hours a day.

I am also not complaining in real life about someone here having more money than do I? Just because I play too much Guild Wars I dont have time to work as much as you do I have no rights to complain about it, its my own fault.

EVERYONE IS HIS OWN MASTER. Person just cant complain about not having time for something, because its only his own fault he didnt make that time.

Crapgame.6519

Lets not guess….

The math is 250 boss * 2 ingot/boss * 2 ore/ingot * ~2.5s/ingot * 1g/100s = 25 gold.

25 gold. 25 gold won’t go anywhere when crafting legendary weapons.

Truthfully there are mystic forge weapons that cost a lot, because they use insane amounts of lodestones.

Yup – that is 25 just for the 250 bosses, provided there are enough on the market (which probably are due to the ore type being the most hacked and/or sought after).

Then there is another 25 gold for the eyes. So there is just 50 gold between the two – maybe closer to 60 (market flux let us say). 60 g…

And we both agree on the loadstones. So I’m a bit off but 60 gold is a lot when you think of it.

Oh – and to the poster who said if you are grinding then we are playing the game wrong. Might I just say Fractals and/or our new 2 pieces of assended gear? Yeah, more grind options. We can say it isn’t there or it is, but at the end of the day we got a two for. We have new gear with increased stats which will only increase say in about 3 months when they introduce the next two pieces, etc.

Personally, it doesn’t matter too much to me. What matters is the blatent bot and teleport hacks which ruin the game. Teleport and gather – tell me that isn’t breaking the economy. Gold to gem ration is increasing at a alarming rate and pretty soon people are going to make a decision. Does it make sense to play legit or buy another account and bot and take my chances

Aion went to hell in a hand basket due to bots.