Farming is actually getting easier.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Casualist.1052

Casualist.1052

Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of frustration and complaints on what many players seem to be calling a constant nerfing of farming. I don’t understand, because I have noticed that since February, farming has gotten considerably easier. I currently make over 68 gold per hour by spending 27$ per hour in the gemstore. The current gold to gem rates are beautiful, and are steadily increasing too which makes farming more profitable. I currently notified my employer to no longer pay me in USD, but GW2 Gold because the returns are blossoming, and it’s just simpler that way.

What’s all the fuss about? Every 13 hours you could have a precursor. Don’t want to work? Take a sick day.

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

The rest of us have bills to pay, not many can afford 30 dollars an hour in the Gem store.

Even if I did I would not.

Posted by: Casualist.1052

Casualist.1052

The rest of us have bills to pay, not many can afford 30 dollars an hour in the Gem store.

Then spend 29$ per hour in the Gem store.

Posted by: Watts.5801

Watts.5801

Sarcasm is strong in this one.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

well do you actually do it yourself? Your telling people to spend real money, but you never said if you do it yourself.

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Then spend 29$ per hour in the Gem store.

Made me laugh

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

I was laying in bed reading this on my iPad. I LOL’d and woke my wife up. It’s your fault!

This was too funny….good one!

PS – Farming…..working as intended :-)

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

I’m just waiting for the option to have payroll checks direct deposited into the gem store. The kicker? You’ll have to buy the upgrade in the gem store to unlock the option!

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I was laying in bed reading this on my iPad. I LOL’d and woke my wife up. It’s your fault!

Looks like it, Anet must be laughing too, all the way to the bank..

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

However we can deduce from this farming is actually a viable way to get gems. If that’s the case, obviously there’s no problem farming gold.

And yes, rising rates just means people are too cheap to support the game. Imho, they’re indeed the ones who get the short end of the stick. In the end, this game requires money too, just like every other MMO.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

You mean your iPad™ from Apple© ?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Lymangood.3679

Lymangood.3679

However we can deduce from this farming is actually a viable way to get gems. If that’s the case, obviously there’s no problem farming gold.

And yes, rising rates just means people are too cheap to support the game. Imho, they’re indeed the ones who get the short end of the stick. In the end, this game requires money too, just like every other MMO.

Going to have to disagree with you there.

Too cheap, yeah probably some yes, but not all.

I really enjoyed this game for the first three months of release, and after six months of playing I would have gladly pumped another $50 of real money into their gem store just to support the company for providing me with an enjoyable product.

All anet needed to do was to continue to supply me with the game I purchased, they decided it was a better idea to change the game (for the worse imo). I believe most of the decisions they make are to increase gem store sales rather than making customers happy.

You claim the players are the ones who lose out on this, and yes they do, they lose out on entertainment. But the people at anet are the ones trying to make a living off of this game, so if I had to choose between losing some form of entertainment or losing my job, I would pick the entertainment.

I think the mindset of a lot of larger companies these days is what can I do to make the most profits (cut costs, raise prices, fire non-essential workers, etc) rather than focusing on what makes their customers happy. Happy customers actually leads to bigger profits.

So am I too cheap to support anet, not at all. I could have easily given them another $100 of my money if they had continued to deliver the product they sold me. But someone at anet thought that was a horrible idea. So am I a happy customer? NO. Do they appear to be doing anything to fix that? NO. So do you think I feel like supporting a company that doesn’t care what I think? NO. The way I feel now I just want to log as many hours as possible into this game and never pay them another cent. How profitable is that going to be for anet? I hope that’s what they were hoping for when they took this game in such a horrible direction.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Going to have to disagree with you there.

Too cheap, yeah probably some yes, but not all.

I really enjoyed this game for the first three months of release, and after six months of playing I would have gladly pumped another $50 of real money into their gem store just to support the company for providing me with an enjoyable product.

All anet needed to do was to continue to supply me with the game I purchased, they decided it was a better idea to change the game (for the worse imo). I believe most of the decisions they make are to increase gem store sales rather than making customers happy.

You claim the players are the ones who lose out on this, and yes they do, they lose out on entertainment. But the people at anet are the ones trying to make a living off of this game, so if I had to choose between losing some form of entertainment or losing my job, I would pick the entertainment.

I think the mindset of a lot of larger companies these days is what can I do to make the most profits (cut costs, raise prices, fire non-essential workers, etc) rather than focusing on what makes their customers happy. Happy customers actually leads to bigger profits.

So am I too cheap to support anet, not at all. I could have easily given them another $100 of my money if they had continued to deliver the product they sold me. But someone at anet thought that was a horrible idea. So am I a happy customer? NO. Do they appear to be doing anything to fix that? NO. So do you think I feel like supporting a company that doesn’t care what I think? NO. The way I feel now I just want to log as many hours as possible into this game and never pay them another cent. How profitable is that going to be for anet? I hope that’s what they were hoping for when they took this game in such a horrible direction.

A horrible direction in your opinion. And for each person who says this, another person likes the direction. I mean we don’t have exact numbers, but it seems as many people are pleased by this game as not. So they’ll continue to pump money into the gem store.

Anet can’t please everyone and they obviously haven’t pleased you. That’s life in the big city I guess.

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

The way I feel now I just want to log as many hours as possible into this game and never pay them another cent. How profitable is that going to be for anet?

Can’t wait to find out!

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

I think the mindset of a lot of larger companies these days is what can I do to make the most profits (cut costs, raise prices, fire non-essential workers, etc) rather than focusing on what makes their customers happy.

These days? It’s a structural necessity with the capitalist mode of production.

Lymangood.3679

@Vayne
Wow, I didn’t see that response coming. And btw, not sure if you know this or not, but what you say is just your opinion. And for the record I was speaking for myself and responding to his post about people not supporting anet because they were too cheap and then his statement about who will ultimately lose from this lack of said support.

Vayne.8563

@Vayne
Wow, I didn’t see that response coming. And btw, not sure if you know this or not, but what you say is just your opinion. And for the record I was speaking for myself and responding to his post about people not supporting anet because they were too cheap and then his statement about who will ultimately lose from this lack of said support.

Oh I get that completely. I just love how people use words like horrible, instead of I don’t like it. Choice of language to make something seem worse than it is. As long as people want to do that, I can respond in kind.

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

i dont feel comfortable whit anet service and my way to vengeance is to play this game the most i can for free. no paying a cent to them. i like eating in mac Donald or free. will i buy another product of them. well depend in the next manifesto video.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I actually sat down and did the math the other day and I would come out better working 5 more hours at work a week and changing cash to gems then selling it for gold than I would if I farmed all day, 5 days a week. Hmm 5 hours of work or 5 days, yea they aren’t trying to force us to by gems. People are so blind.

Working as intended, screw your wallets! As long as we have money screw the game too! lol.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

And yes, rising rates just means people are too cheap to support the game.

That is one theory.
Another is that the GW2 population is dwindling.

Vayne.8563

That is one theory.

Actually, it’s not really a theory that the population of dwindling or not, since that information is actually a matter of record…we simply don’t have access to the records. lol

Edited for clarity

(edited by Vayne.8563)

Posted by: Holyblesserx.7618

Holyblesserx.7618

Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of frustration and complaints on what many players seem to be calling a constant nerfing of farming. I don’t understand, because I have noticed that since February, farming has gotten considerably easier. I currently make over 68 gold per hour by spending 27$ per hour in the gemstore. The current gold to gem rates are beautiful, and are steadily increasing too which makes farming more profitable. I currently notified my employer to no longer pay me in USD, but GW2 Gold because the returns are blossoming, and it’s just simpler that way.

What’s all the fuss about? Every 13 hours you could have a precursor. Don’t want to work? Take a sick day.

LMFAOOOO

SadieDeAtreia.8912

That is one theory.

Actually, it’s not really a theory that the population of dwindling or not, since that information is actually a matter of record…we simply don’t have access to the records. lol

Edited for clarity

Yes. I mean, no.

Edited for clarity

Lymangood.3679

@Vayne

Oh I get that completely. I just love how people use words like horrible, instead of I don’t like it. Choice of language to make something seem worse than it is. As long as people want to do that, I can respond in kind.

Well I think having certain classes outperform others in pve non-dungeon content is not just an idea that I “don’t like”, but rather I think it is a “Horrible” idea, regardless of what you say to me, cause I guess you are the Word Police or something. I also think the classes were much more balanced in pve when the game came out so the technology does exist, I just need a time machine to access it now. I don’t care about pvp or wvw or dungeons, I just want open world and that’s my opinion. I’m not the one who put “You Make the Difference take control of your destiny in a dynamic world of constantly changing events” on the box anet did, more like a destiny of trash collection.

But don’t get me wrong, I really must thank you for your response. As it gives me an excuse for letting people know what my opinion is of the game. Maybe someone at anet will see this and go, people actually feel that way???? How does that make us money maybe we should somehow try to appeal to those people(I hope) or not. Let me know if you need to hear anymore of my feelings toward this game. I hope I wrote this response in at lease a satisfactory degree to your extremely high standards.

Vayne.8563

@Vayne

Well I think having certain classes outperform others in pve non-dungeon content is not just an idea that I “don’t like”, but rather I think it is a “Horrible” idea, regardless of what you say to me, cause I guess you are the Word Police or something. I also think the classes were much more balanced in pve when the game came out so the technology does exist, I just need a time machine to access it now. I don’t care about pvp or wvw or dungeons, I just want open world and that’s my opinion. I’m not the one who put “You Make the Difference take control of your destiny in a dynamic world of constantly changing events” on the box anet did, more like a destiny of trash collection.

But don’t get me wrong, I really must thank you for your response. As it gives me an excuse for letting people know what my opinion is of the game. Maybe someone at anet will see this and go, people actually feel that way???? How does that make us money maybe we should somehow try to appeal to those people(I hope) or not. Let me know if you need to hear anymore of my feelings toward this game. I hope I wrote this response in at lease a satisfactory degree to your extremely high standards.

Oh you did. It’s a perfectly reasonable response and a perfectly reasonable set of desires. I suspect, as the game moves forward, the world will come more alive. But that sort of thing takes times of time and resources. I think the living story is a step in the right direction, poorly handled though it’s been.

All MMOs launch as skeletons of what they’ll eventually become. Guild Wars 2 is no different.

Vayne.8563

That is one theory.

Edited for clarity

Yes. I mean, no.

Edited for clarity

That actually worked. I definitely feel the clarity of this post.

SadieDeAtreia.8912

That is one theory.

Edited for clarity

Yes. I mean, no.

Edited for clarity

That actually worked. I definitely feel the clarity of this post.

As I did yours. Well done to all of us, then.

Posted by: hildegain.2106

hildegain.2106

The way I feel now I just want to log as many hours as possible into this game and never pay them another cent. How profitable is that going to be for anet?

Can’t wait to find out!

I think most people do this to be honest but it hasn’t stopped them from expanding. Game sales alone can sustain the game for a very long time and they also get revenue outside of the gem-store.

The problem is that you think they’re making things in the game worse (farming) so that people will spend more in the gem store, I’ve seen no necessity to spend anything in the gem store, this theory of yours doesn’t really convince me.

@Vayne
not sure if you know this or not, but what you say is just your opinion. And for the record I was speaking for myself

As outlined above, your claim about the gem store was more than just opinion, it was a hypothesis you came to as a result of your opinion. It’s also not a very strong deduction.

That is one theory.

You’re not understanding the way the rates work. (game sales stats might also disagree with you).

The rates are based on how many people trade gold → gems and vice versa.

Player – Buys gems with money, buys gem items (no conversion, gem exchange increases).

Player – Buys gems with gold, naturally buys gem items (gem exchange increases).

Player – Buys gems and converts to gold (gem exchange decreases).

The more people spend gems on anything other than gold, the more valuable they are.

As for the usual “guild wars 2 is dying/dwindling” comments, we’ve seen this since the second month, we’ve seen new servers, more overflows, more lagfests in world events, large expansions in guild populations, WvW maps filling faster, more employee hiring etc.

They’re not really signs of the end of an MMO. I’ve been a player in many good MMOs and these have been statements echoed in pretty much all of them, including guild wars 1.

If you don’t like the game, then that’s just fine. Don’t agree with the company? Again, that’s fine. However, you also have to remember that for every one of you, there’s probably another one person or more that does like the game, clocks thousands of hours on it and looks forward to each update.

The fact that most people that “don’t like the game” spend most of their free-time on the GW2 forums tells me that most of you don’t even buy your own press either.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

The fact that most people that “don’t like the game” spend most of their free-time on the GW2 forums tells me that most of you don’t even buy your own press either.

Expressing dissatisfaction with something you feel strongly about doesn’t mean we don’t like the game, it just means we have seen this route before and know it’s going to end up killing or harming the game we want to enjoy.

This just really rubbed me the wrong way. Get off the high horse.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

@Vayne

Do you really LOVE when people use words like that?