Fashion Wars 2

Fashion Wars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Hello guys i want to discuss the fact that HoT has already added as many cash shop armorsets as actual in game armors.

To me fashion and finding new and cool armor has always been a big part in GW2 and one that has largely substituted engame progression. Its true that they have added masteries to make up for it but there is still something lacking that i feel makes up a good part of gw2’s indentity. Things i just buy for gems that i cant even customize (thats my biggest issue) do not give the same satisfaction of creating your own cool looking armor and then to go hunting for all the parts, however hard they might be to obtain.

I don’t mind that arenanet wants to make money, but this expansion has really given very little to those who love fashion.

(edited by Pride.1734)

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Anet just needs to give us the option to switch classes so they can start adding armor to the gemstore again instead of outfits. I’d be happy to even have new armor at this point.. I don’t mind paying for it.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: Selkirk.4218

Selkirk.4218

the sad thing is there is nothing in the pipeline. it’s rather obvious this is all they have in the way of skins and they have no plans to add anything else.

we were told that armor sets would be in game ‘rewards’ …so far we have seen outfit after outfit in the gem store and nothing in terms of armor sets. new players only know outfits..and i don’t think this is an accident. dungeons are nerfed so how would they know about dungeon sets? and the many sets available in core game?

chances are the new player only sees outfits in gem store and perhaps the 2 (!) sets offered in hot.

Fashion Wars 2

Pride.1734

Its 3 including the revenant armor, but you are completely right.

I have always felt, that the only goals that were left to achieve after getting ascended armor where purely of a cosmetic nature. Like most of the gold i earn and time i play goes towards looking cool.

I just dont see why the devs decided to completely axe this part of the game.

Fashion Wars 2

Selkirk.4218

the thinking is not only are outfits cheaper to design but the people buying outfits need to buy more of them (zero customization leads to a constant purchasing of outfits to look ‘different’-if only for a week).

an armor set however might provide a ton of fashion enjoyment..even just legs or a chest piece or a cool helmet…creates a ton of possibilities combined with the existing sets. so anet is loathe to introduce new armor sets (in fairness there is little in the way of skins of any sort in hot).

and again i think this conditions new players to only think about outfits-they don’t even know the core game had 50 armor sets per weight class. everything is an outfit via gemstore.

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

We got 3 new armor sets and a BUNCH of class-specific stuff. I am happy with this. Sure, its not much, but its “something”. The combinations are still endless, and i have been buying outfits, and happy with how things turned out this xpac. Just gotta find yer happy place, kids.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Fashion Wars 2

Selkirk.4218

if this were a free dlc it still wouldn’t be acceptable. a year and a half of no content and we get 2 armor sets?!? and nothing can seem to stop the flow of outfits at gemstore?

i mean we all of course realize the game is going in a gem store/outfits direction but the lack of armor sets is really grating. again 50 armor sets in core game per weight class and 2 for an expansion that is 10 bucks less than core game…

Fashion Wars 2

Pride.1734

Pretty much this. 2 armors , 1 for heavy and 9 pieces equals less than 3 full sets. Thats not great in the timespan if it were living word but for a full price expansion its a joke. Honestly i fail to see how you can be satisfied with this.

I think the outfit only thingy in the gemstore has been going on a for a long time, and by this point even the vets have gotten used to it. I get that its cheaper to produce and bottom line is you make more cash. I dont like it either but i wouldn’t mind if the actual expansion had brought a decent selection.
But even new players should realize that the armors added from the expansion equate to almost nothing. Anyone who has played other mmo’s and bought an expansion to the likes of FF14 ( lots of new dungeons and new armors for every singe one + new open word armors + craftable armors + token and raid armors) has to realize that this is a joke. All the recently added gem store outfits just make it a pretty cruel one.

I really hope that new players aren’t stupid enough to just eat it up.

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Cash shop armor? What cash shop armor? All I see are outfits, which I have no use for.

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Isn’t they’ve already stated armor will be reward for game play and outfit in gem store?

Don’t you see blade armor chest in VB vendor? Also there are leystone armor? what about rev armor and the new guild armor? the elite spec armor pieces also….

Besides the blade helmet from story. i have gain only one blade armor piece so far. please tell me where to get these armor without playing thu the contents.

I for sure wanna see more armor released. i prefer gem store armor that no need to play hours and hours to gain.

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I wish they’d revisit armour and overhaul the process to generate them so they can produce armour sets easier making our fashion wars more customizable. Outfits for me have hit a saturation point, I don’t really feel compelled to buy any of the newer ones.

On a further note I’m absolutely sick of trench coat, long dresses, material that flaps behind your character and covers their legs. Overhaul the process you use to address clipping to so that you can make more knee length dresses, shorts etc.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I just want new hairstyles

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Hello guys i want to discuss the fact that HoT has already added as many cash shop armorsets as actual in game armors.

What Gem Shop armor skins since HoT? We got a glider skin, two if you count the bundle, and a couple of back skins. They added a few outfits but that’s not mix and match armor skins.

On the other hand we got all of these pieces you get in HoT and that’s not the Legendary Armor.

http://dulfy.net/2015/11/08/gw2-hot-weapons-armor-and-backpieces-guide/

Three sets for all weights, one that’s heavy only and 9 pieces, one for each sub-profession.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Yeah there are plenty of new armor skins in HoT. I would wager the sales numbers for Transmutation Charges are up quite a bit.

One – Piken Square

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: Kormeg.2469

Kormeg.2469

Yeah there are plenty of new armor skins in HoT.

…wut

Fashion Wars 2

Tom Gore.4035

Yeah there are plenty of new armor skins in HoT.

…wut

10 new sets aren’t enough?

One – Piken Square

Fashion Wars 2

Pride.1734

What Gem Shop armor skins since HoT? We got a glider skin, two if you count the bundle, and a couple of back skins. They added a few outfits but that’s not mix and match armor skins.

On the other hand we got all of these pieces you get in HoT and that’s not the Legendary Armor.

http://dulfy.net/2015/11/08/gw2-hot-weapons-armor-and-backpieces-guide/

Three sets for all weights, one that’s heavy only and 9 pieces, one for each sub-profession.

Good that you mention it. The Crystal Defender outfit, the Mad Guard Outfit and the Lyssa outfit. We already have as many outfits as armorsets added since HoT and i bet you next weeek we will get another one, because fashion is only for the cash shop and even then its only outfits.

If we had indeed gotten 10 sets, then this topic wouldn’t exist.

Fashion Wars 2

Behellagh.1468

In the past they sold gem shop armor separately by weight. So yes, if these were in the gem shop there is a fair chance they would have been 10 sets, 3 light, 3 medium, 4 heavy.

But they didn’t. They are available in game in HoT.

They made it clear a while back that the Gem Shop will now be outfits only and not armor sets.

RIP City of Heroes

Fashion Wars 2

Pride.1734

Yea as stated a few posts above, i don’t mind anet releasing outfit and trying to make more cash with cheaper producing costs. It just becomes a cruel joke when they added more outfits than actual armors already in the first 3 weeks!

Also 3 sets =/= 10 sets
Look at all the sets in your bank and tell me that was added is worthy of an expansion!

Fashion Wars 2

Selkirk.4218

pride is exactly right. it is only useful to look at the number of options available in wardrobe for each weight class. if we do this we see that core gw2 offers 50+ sets for each weight class. hot has 3 sets (if one counts guild armor).

im tired of the ‘well it’s so hard’ to make armor sets argument-you know we paid money so anet would do the hard things…not like they are running a nonprofit.

it is rather obvious that the ‘rewards’ team(more than a bit of an orwellian name..the ‘nerf’ team would be more accurate) was directed to focus on outfits solely with the hopes that players would forget armor sets even existed.

Fashion Wars 2

Behellagh.1468

Sorry, the new Halloween outfit doesn’t count, we would have gotten it if HoT launched that day or not.

Lets see, Crystal Arbiter and Lyssa’s.

Wow, what universe is 2 less than, by your count, 3 (but really 4, Blade, Leystone, Guild and Mistward )?

And starting next week we’ll can start to earn the now Legendary armor with their skins.

And I don’t have a lot of armor skins in my wardrobe, certainly not gem shop ones except one from the deluxe pack. I am working on getting all the in-game ones but I don’t play in certain areas enough to encounter them all or have the crafting professions to craft others. Then there the dungeon, fractal and WvW skins that I haven’t bothered to buy.

RIP City of Heroes

Fashion Wars 2

Kormeg.2469

Sorry, the new Halloween outfit doesn’t count, we would have gotten it if HoT launched that day or not.

Lets see, Crystal Arbiter and Lyssa’s.

Wow, what universe is 2 less than, by your count, 3 (but really 4, Blade, Leystone, Guild and Mistward )?

And starting next week we’ll can start to earn the now Legendary armor with their skins.

And I don’t have a lot of armor skins in my wardrobe, certainly not gem shop ones except one from the deluxe pack. I am working on getting all the in-game ones but I don’t play in certain areas enough to encounter them all or have the crafting professions to craft others. Then there the dungeon, fractal and WvW skins that I haven’t bothered to buy.

It’s people like this enabling them that Anet has no reason to make armor sets. GW2 is the only MMO where the only cosmetic gear you can hope to achieve passed launch is an outfit.

It’s basically the same argument of numbers of continuous subs versus accounts created.

People are defending this.

Fashion Wars 2

Pride.1734

I don’t get it. Its like people are screaming for less content.

Fashion Wars 2

Behellagh.1468

I not arguing for less skins, I’m disagreeing with Pride’s assessment that there’s been more outfits introduced since the launch of HoT compared to the armor sets you can earn in game. By all means give us more armor to mix and match.

A lot of the in-game armor from core Tyria were tied to drops based on your level or from crafting. In HoT we are all level 80 already. So here’s 3/4/10 sets, depending on how you count for the expansion.

I think it’s kind of wrong headed to think we were going to get a lot of sets initially from an expansion that took only 30% of the time to develop but alongside the live game that for a while still had regular updates via LW Season 2?

I do believe we will see new sets, when LW Season 3 hits. After all new skins in the gem store were tied to LW chapters. Plus it’s likely we will be encountering races that actually wear armor there rather than mostly naked frogs and magical energy beings we’ve run into in the expansion so far.

RIP City of Heroes

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Also 3 sets =/= 10 sets

And outfits are in no way comparable to armor sets that can be mixed with others.

Fashion Wars 2

Pride.1734

@Behellagh.1468

You are obviously missing the gist here.

If you want to count the outfit that was released on haloween or not doesn’t matter one bit. Or if you want to count each armor class as a set or not doesnt matter either. (Then you just count all armors in gw2 the same as a comparison.) If you want to count the little bits and pieces we got for rev and elite specs doesnt matter either. All of those do not excuse the severe lack of content here.

What matters is that when i look at the wardrobe of my mesmer there are 65 possible chest pieces i could select. 3 of those are from HoT. That is less than 5%! You gotta realize that this isn’t a free update but that people actually paid for this. The point is that the amount of armors we got in the expansion is in no way adequate for what an expansion should give.

All the added shop outfits just make this more sour than it already is.

(edited by Pride.1734)

Fashion Wars 2

Tom Gore.4035

We did get 10 sets. 3 Bladed armor sets, 3 guild armor sets, 3 leystone armor sets and 1 mistward armor set.

Sure the sets of 3 sets are thematically close to each other, but so what? They still look different. By your definition the mistward armor set wouldn’t be a set at all because it’s only offered in one weight?

One – Piken Square

Fashion Wars 2

Pride.1734

As stated above, if you want to count each armor class then do the same for the base game and the same comparison stands. It literly doesnt matter which way you count the peas.

For what it matters anet themselves call it 2 new sets.
http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/game/maguuma/

(edited by Pride.1734)

Fashion Wars 2

Tom Gore.4035

As stated above, if you want to count each armor class then do the same for the base game and the same comparison stands. It literly doesnt matter which way you count the peas.

I didn’t do any comparison to the base game whatsoever, so I can call it 10 sets

I don’t really know how Anet can count them as only 2 sets though. At the bare minimum it should be 3 and 1/3 sets.

One – Piken Square

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

For what it matters, “outfits” are not “armors” any more than endless tonics are.

Also, if there’s any armor sets inside Raids then those should be included in the HoT count. Since, you know, that’s part of the expansion.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Fashion Wars 2

Pride.1734

@Tom Gore
Sure you can but that won’t make it any more content.

@Tobias Trueflight
Yes outfits are an abomination introduced with the wardrobe system and basicly a cheap way for anet to make a quick buck. Armors require a decent amount of work and give players much more than any outfit ever could.

Also sure i’ll include the legendary armor that we get the first part of the precursor for. Betcha by the time we get the actual armor we will have gotten 6 new outfits…

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Only thing I’ve noticed is some people have trouble differentiating outfits and armor.

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I wouldn’t say for its own sake and certainly not for the long term, but before adding new content they should focus on more important things like PvP balance and the economy. The economy seems fine as it is except in some markets (Nightfury did well for lodestones but they’re still not up to charged lodestone level)

PvP balance on the other hand is simply terrible. Dragonhunter is unanimously declared the best class and has the most complaint threads about it. While a lot of it is learn to play (get out of traps ASAP) much of the complaints are valid. It’s to the point now where if you win duels with a dragonhunter they don’t count (well officially they do you’ll still score for your team but everyone will just put it to OP mechanics)

I’ve always liked dragonhunter longbow and traps fill a gap that guardian has been lacking and I still say shield was a better weapon for thief than staff since reflects and blocks fill a gap thief lacked though staff and bandit’s defense give some knockdowns that were needed.

Then you have reapers who people complain about being OP but necro was always a tough class if you don’t have access to many interrupts since lifesteal, boon stealing, and condition reflects are a nasty combination. Don’t use conditions, stay out of wells, and don’t boon. If you thought the vet hanging by the circle of trees in Straights of Devastation was tough wait until you fight the real thing, as real players are hip and aware to interrupt and dazes at tactically important moments.

Back to content: like I allude to above you can’t build a house unless you build the foundation. Carpeting and even concrete are useless if you don’t have the steel frame up. The more basic the problem the more deserving of attention it is. Once all that’s in order then they should think about new content.

Then again it isn’t one team working on everything but compartmentalized teams working on their particular aspects of the game so there’s that. Like your economy guys, class balance guys, level design guys, code guys, etc.

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Its 3 including the revenant armor, but you are completely right.

4 with the new guild armors, 5 with the incoming legendaries (although probably 6 since you’d have the precursor as well).
But honestly I don’t think we can ever reach a point where we have too many armors though.

if this were a free dlc it still wouldn’t be acceptable. a year and a half of no content and we get 2 armor sets?!? and nothing can seem to stop the flow of outfits at gemstore?

No that is kinda silly. The expansion had a number of things in it. Sure the lack of armors does suck but you’re acting as if the expansion only had 2 armors and nothing else.

Isn’t they’ve already stated armor will be reward for game play and outfit in gem store?

yes

I wish they’d revisit armour and overhaul the process to generate them so they can produce armour sets easier making our fashion wars more customizable.

It’s the Charr that seems to be main issue. Asura and Norn suffer from texture stretching or squashing but the Charr have a very un-human shape. So I’m not sure how.

But who is screaming for more content? All I see is people complaining about how many armors they got in HoT. Now there is the implication but unfortunately getting more armors seems very very secondary to the desire to complain.

@Tobias Trueflight
Yes outfits are an abomination introduced with the wardrobe system and basicly a cheap way for anet to make a quick buck. Armors require a decent amount of work and give players much more than any outfit ever could.

Which is their advantage. Once you make a decent looking model you’re done. Most outfits don’t have racial differences or armor class differences and no need to worry about clashing with other pieces.

Fashion Wars 2

Behellagh.1468

@Behellagh.1468

You are obviously missing the gist here.

If you want to count the outfit that was released on haloween or not doesn’t matter one bit. Or if you want to count each armor class as a set or not doesnt matter either. (Then you just count all armors in gw2 the same as a comparison.) If you want to count the little bits and pieces we got for rev and elite specs doesnt matter either. All of those do not excuse the severe lack of content here.

What matters is that when i look at the wardrobe of my mesmer there are 65 possible chest pieces i could select. 3 of those are from HoT. That is less than 5%! You gotta realize that this isn’t a free update but that people actually paid for this. The point is that the amount of armors we got in the expansion is in no way adequate for what an expansion should give.

All the added shop outfits just make this more sour than it already is.

@Pride

If you said just that, that there are very few armor skins introduced in HoT I wouldn’t have had a problem. But you decided to use hyperbole by declaring, falsely, that there were more outfits introduced since the time HoT dropped, than armor sets with HoT. That is what I have a problem with. You have a perfectly valid point, you didn’t need to gin up the argument with exaggeration. It weakens your point.

Players wanted more skins obtainable in game. They announced that this will be the case with only outfits offered in the Gem Shop from now on back in May. The downside of this is players have removed the financial incentive to make armor sets. I think we can agree that an armor set that is meant to be mixed and matched takes more time to develop and test than an outfit. When released in the Gem Shop, an armor set is sold by each weight, unlike an outfit. How many players have bought a set because of it’s looks and find out that it can’t be used on their character because it’s the wrong armor weight?

Now back in the day of crystals and stones, crystals were plentiful, we got three per map complete, so it was “cheap” to customize our armor’s look as we leveled since we get a hodge podge of usable armor drops as we level. Without transmutations we all end up looking like we got dressed in a dark room. You might have stumbled onto an interesting combination but often it’s an eyesore. Then they removed crystals and stones during the wardrobe patch. Upside you don’t have to buy the same skin twice from the shop anymore if you wanted two characters to wear it but we lost cheap lower level transmutation. That’s where outfits come in. Yes I have a handful of outfits, nearly all from sales except for the free ones and they are a godsend when leveling. Hate most of their headgear and wish we could use our own but nothing is perfect.

I do have a lot of in game skins but I don’t have Gem Shop armor sets mainly because I hate paying for a theme three times. If armor sets came like outfits, one purchase gives you skins for all weights, I would gladly drop gems on them. But they’re not and so I don’t.

TL;DR – I wasn’t arguing your point, just the hyperbole you used to make it. Your argument is stronger without the exaggeration.

RIP City of Heroes

Fashion Wars 2

Kormeg.2469

@Cure for living
No it’s not 5 armor sets. Check your info again. If we are saying that one full armor for all 3 weight classes is a ‘set’ then mistward cannot count as 1. So 3 actual armor sets + 1/3 set+1 legendary. That’s ~4.3 sets of armor.

In general on topic:
If we are even calling it 10 sets…for the sake of making it sound larger than it is, then compare that to what the base game came with. If individual armor for a weight,+ the ones you can’t wear on one character are being counted together, then the base game launched with ~150 armor sets.

In the game right now there are:
65 Heavy sets
64 Medium sets
65 Light sets

Between launch up until HoTs;
~12 sets per weight were added (2 of which are recolours)

Not counting gem store sets;
~5 sets were added per weight (1 being a recolour)

Per weight class, HoT has added;
3+guild, Heavy sets
2+guild, Medium sets
2+guild, medium sets
With legendary adding on 1 more set for each.

So finally, if we’re talking aggregate numbers;
~150 sets were available at launch
~36 sets became available over time (~only 15 of which didnt require gems)
leaving us which a grand total of ~186 full armor skin sets right before HoTs

HoTs has added 10.

The promise of legendary armor brings this up to 13. Compare 13 with ~186, or even ~150. Are you ok with this?

Fashion Wars 2

Behellagh.1468

Did you expect another 150 in the expansion that was developed in considerably less time than the core game was developed in? Of course you can.

Next, content X wasn’t worth the $50 and I don’t care about content U, V, W, Y and Z so don’t bring it up.

RIP City of Heroes

Fashion Wars 2

Kormeg.2469

Did you expect another 150 in the expansion that was developed in considerably less time than the core game was developed in? Of course you can.

Next, content X wasn’t worth the $50 and I don’t care about content U, V, W, Y and Z so don’t bring it up.

Please do not presume to know what my unstated thoughts and intentions are. If you feel a certain way about something, cool. Say what you want and make an argument. Do not mindlessly denigrate someone else and then assume you know what theyre about.

I don’t expect 150 skins, but i sure as hell didn’t expect 13. Whats worse is based on historic evidence, we probably aren’t going to ever get that many more until the next expansion.

The point of of my post was to highlight disparity. for some reason you translated that into something else.

Fashion Wars 2

Selkirk.4218

the armor set offerings with hot are pathetic. for a 50 dollar expansion the lack of skins is a slap in the face. the arguments that it’s too hard to make armor sets are simply lies-the sheer number of armor sets in core game readily disprove this.

i don’t even know what to say to those claiming otherwise (in fact they seem to insist we got too many armor sets!)…

it is very clear that anet has stopped making armor sets but this is also in line with the entire game going f2p/gemstore. the stinginess and frankly greed of anet are truly on display with the lack of qol (emotes/hairstyles/body shapes) and armor sets in hot.

everything that could give characters any sort of customization is via gemstore…and in the case of armor sets they are simply removing customization. everything is an outfit. this is a calculated decision on the part of anet.

forcing people to buy outfits ( outfit buyers are on the treadmill..they must buy new outfits to look different) is definitely one of the goals of the ‘rewards’ team.

(edited by Selkirk.4218)

Fashion Wars 2

Behellagh.1468

Please do not presume to know what my unstated thoughts and intentions are. If you feel a certain way about something, cool. Say what you want and make an argument. Do not mindlessly denigrate someone else and then assume you know what theyre about.

I don’t expect 150 skins, but i sure as hell didn’t expect 13. Whats worse is based on historic evidence, we probably aren’t going to ever get that many more until the next expansion.

The point of of my post was to highlight disparity. for some reason you translated that into something else.

When you toss out a big number and compare it to a little number and say nothing else, you are leaving the reader to draw that conclusion, that the two should have been nearly equivalent. It’s just another fallacy tactic to gin up a position.

RIP City of Heroes

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

I’m placing my hopes on the legendary armours to be released when Raids are coming.

I just hope they don’t need 1 million random items to craft or more generic looking robes/dresses.

Quality over quantity. Most of the armours from the core game look the same… same robes/dresses, ain’t nobody got time for that.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

(edited by Samnang.1879)

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

Since they were no pants added to light armor, I’m going to count it as if they did nothing.

All is Vain.

Fashion Wars 2

Tobias Trueflight.8350

@Tobias Trueflight

Also sure i’ll include the legendary armor that we get the first part of the precursor for. Betcha by the time we get the actual armor we will have gotten 6 new outfits…

I’m still struggling here . . . are you claiming outfits are armors and should be counted as something against armors to compare, or not? Clear that up for me, will you?

Also, it should be noted (again), ANet making a quick buck through the Gem Store is kind of, maybe, just a little important to keeping the game funded so it can continue to be buy-and-play instead of requiring players to pay regularly. When you buy Gems with cash, that’s funding the game’s continued existence.

As for “decent amount of work” to earn – I’m thrilled my Cabalist set is such a worthy challenge to acquire, it really sets me apart from those n00bs wearing . . . pfft . . . outfits! I had to loot four chests for the main pieces for my Cabalist, that took all of like twenty minutes of hard grueling labor.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Fashion Wars 2

Posted by: mukage.5970

mukage.5970

I disagree about there actually being good armors in the game lol. ANet is just now allowing us to grind for decent armor. There are only 3 styles of ascended armor when there should be way more especially if you are grinding to craft it (same as those weak kitten ascended weapon skins that only vary by color per stat set).. The gem store has SOME decent armor sets but I think there could be A LOT more variety in the game as far as armor goes

Foundation Guild [FDTN]
http://fdtn.enjin.com/

Fashion Wars 2

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I disagree about there actually being good armors in the game lol. ANet is just now allowing us to grind for decent armor. There are only 3 styles of ascended armor when there should be way more especially if you are grinding to craft it (same as those weak kitten ascended weapon skins that only vary by color per stat set).. The gem store has SOME decent armor sets but I think there could be A LOT more variety in the game as far as armor goes

Remember, those aren’t armor sets – you can’t piece it off so you can have . . . say . . . Armageddon heavy armor and that flashing Lord English flaming head. (A crying shame, really.)

At least it’s not as terrible as elite armor sets in the original. Wherein the only one I saw my ranger wearing was, yes, a longcoat. Similarly there were absolutely none I liked for assassin or ritualist. None.

Fashion Wars 2

Pride.1734

@Tobias Trueflight
You put them on your body and it changes your look. They defenitely fulfill the same purpose. There is everything about them to be compared. Except one is like a cheap 1 seat car and the other one is a nice one with 6 seats. Basicly we used to get real nice cars now they pump out the cheap ones instead of giving us real fashion content.

@Behellagh
So you are basicly trolling because you don’t like the way i phrased my statement? plz kid grow up.

@CureForLiving
The thing is that some people who have played this game for a long time have gotten used to having fashion as an endgoal for doing just about anything in the game. Sure i love the new zones, adventures, guild halls, pvp mode and even the new WvW map. Its just like there is a fundamental motivation lacking to do any of this content.

@Selkirk
I do believe you’re on point about the F2P/gemstore thing.

@Kormeg
This pretty much. The facts don’t lie.

Fashion Wars 2

Tobias Trueflight.8350

@Tobias Trueflight
You put them on your body and it changes your look. They defenitely fulfill the same purpose. There is everything about them to be compared. Except one is like a cheap 1 seat car and the other one is a nice one with 6 seats. Basicly we used to get real nice cars now they pump out the cheap ones instead of giving us real fashion content.

There are no nice cars which have six seats. Your analogies really, really don’t hit a good target.

I mean, if you want to be honest in your comparisons you’d note there are almost a 1 for 2 ratio of outfits to armors.

Fashion Wars 2

Pride.1734

As stated above its all a matter of how you count the peas. My mesmer got 3 new armors and 3 new armorsets. But even if you want to count them differently its still a laughable content addition for an expansion.
If you like outfits better than actual armorsets thats fine i’m not knocking your opinion even though i dont agree.

Fashion Wars 2

Behellagh.1468

@Behellagh
So you are basicly trolling because you don’t like the way i phrased my statement? plz kid grow up.

Not the phrasing, the falsehood. Sorry I called you out on it but you didn’t need to create a “fact” to support your point, your point was valid all on it’s own. And I’ll continue to call out posters when they are intentionally presenting inaccurate information.

And thanks for calling me kid but the odds are better that I’m at least twice as old as you than not.

RIP City of Heroes