Fashion Wars!

Fashion Wars!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ansatsukage.9576

Ansatsukage.9576

So one of the major things that I really admire and enjoy about Guild Wars is are the cosmetic freedoms that one has with making a unique character. For some even making a character inspired by another such as a favorite fictional character or even a non-fictional character. I’ve been putting a lot of work into my characters and decided that one of my goals was to make a Mesmer that looks similar to Raven from Teen Titans. I wish there were more options for some of the cosmetics such as the jewels that you can get for your forehead which is mostly used by Elementalist. I found one that was diamond shaped which is the storm gem i believe but you can’t modify the color which is unfortunate and i did find another but its not really fully diamond shaped and it has one color aspect that can’t be modified. I also realized that there aren’t any capes/cloaks. That would be an interesting and cool addition to add in. Hooded and non hooded cloaks perhaps. I also wish outfits could be worked with in individual pieces rather than a full costume. It would add more variety in my opinion. But anyways If the devs ever plan on that I really look forward to that in the future.

What additions would other people like to see added to make character customization more flexible?

(edited by Ansatsukage.9576)

Fashion Wars!

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Some actual new armor sets for a change, instead of all these outfits.

Fashion Wars!

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

So much this, i would love more gem store armor sets…or in game ones…even if they are annual it would be neat.

I know the reasoning they dont do it, but still, it would be nice.

Im glad that the ones we Do get, are decent looking even on my Charr for the most part.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Fashion Wars!

Posted by: Mister Asdasd.6194

Mister Asdasd.6194

I hope the new expansion adds a lot of new armor sets. Not the ones you have to grind for like auric weapons,bladed armor etc, normal armor that drops from enemies in masterwork and rare quality with new skins

Fashion Wars!

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

An economical decision. If think about the time it takes making a real armor set versus designing an outfit, outfit wins. And on top of that, if that armor set can be obtained in game, those work hours are concidered lost if you compare it to selling in for gems.

Fashion Wars!

Posted by: Jethro.9376

Jethro.9376

I hope the new expansion adds a lot of new armor sets. Not the ones you have to grind for like auric weapons,bladed armor etc, normal armor that drops from enemies in masterwork and rare quality with new skins

there’s already a “leak” of some Armor sets. i think it’s 5 new sets in total

Fashion Wars!

Posted by: Wolfheart.7483

Wolfheart.7483

An economical decision. If think about the time it takes making a real armor set versus designing an outfit, outfit wins. And on top of that, if that armor set can be obtained in game, those work hours are concidered lost if you compare it to selling in for gems.

I agree with the economical time use portion of this.

However, the gems portion has no real bearing. Anet has always allowed gems to be purchasable with gold. I can simply play the game and change my gold in for gem store items. Naturally, if it’s earnable in game, they will make no money from it and many players will still buy gems with real world money to get skins they want. However, the choice is in the player’s hands. So Anet can still make money from player’s who choose to buy gems with money but leave a perfectly viable avenue for players who want to get it by using in game gold., i.e. indirectly earning it via gameplay.

Fashion Wars!

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Fashion Wars!

Posted by: The Path Finder.3197

The Path Finder.3197

I like to “earn” my elite gear to indicate I have skill in doing xyz Raid or PvP or WvW.

- I’d buy gem skins just for the lulz now and then, but deep down I know it just looks lovely, but it does not induce awe in others and respect for downing a super hard boss and doing some achievement or something. Like titles, armour needs to be not just time/grind but also “skill gated.”

- Gem Armour Ok
- Grind Armour Ok
- Skill Gated Armour Ok (Would like to see more of this obtainable and weapon skins-but VERY hard to get if not almost impossible.)
- Achievement Armour Ok

Aurora Glade Guild Leader:
PvP | WvW |PvE/Raids |And More!
https://www.guardiansofthedarkmelody.com