Fast way to lvl from 1-80

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Perfecthair.4190

Perfecthair.4190

Hey there GW2 community. I have a question for you today. I am just returning to GW2 after a long break and i’m curious what is the fastest way to lvl up from 1-80?. I dont have any gold so i can not use any professions to level me up quicker. So far i have just been doing hearts / dynamic events and doing my daily every day. Is there any fast way to level up / speed it up? I’m playing shatter mesmer currently lvl 24 greatsword + staff. I appreciate your help.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Why? The game at level 20 is pretty much the same as the game at level 80. Enjoy the journey.

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

Crafting.. simple. 50 levels via that..

Crafting.. simple. 50 levels via that..30 from 3 of them are simple. Do artificing, cooking and jewel crafting.

Crafting.. simple. 50 levels via that..30 from 3 of them are simple. Do artificing, cooking and jewel crafting.

That one person.

Posted by: Tony.6028

Tony.6028

IMO crafting is the fastest way to level, but only if you have the gold. Your story quests grant a ton of experience so keep up with those. Second, do dynamic events at or slightly above your level. But most of all, just enjoy the game, and you’ll forget about the leveling piece. Almost anything you do grants experience.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I would love to know how crafting could help me level like that.

In the early weeks of GW2 I tried a wee bit of crafting (to maybe level 25 Tailor) and it gained that character a few levels. But I found it boring and useless since I could buy any crafted stuff from the TP.

Then the Monthly Achievements recently made me work a character up to Crafting level 50 in order to create X number of items. I actually took a character from about level 10 Leather Crafting to around level 70 and made LESS than one level!

Am I doing something wrong? I was told “discovery” is the quickest way to advance, but it was still an agonizingly boring journey for me. Someone in local chat said character leveling via crafting had been nerfed, and that I might make 10-15 levels (I think) working myself up to level 400 crafting.

Whazzup?

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

you can add a max of 10 levels with crafting. But if you’re not up to crafting, doing map completion rewards great exp and items. It takes a bit of time though. Doing wvw may also be faster, but it depends if you’re with a capping group. taking objectives rewards higher exp than defending.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Play the game and after you reached Level 80 complain on the forums how there is no endgame and how there is no “players helping players” subforum.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.