Fastest way to grind Achievement Points

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Maraca Kabob.3564

Maraca Kabob.3564

Q:

I really want other hellfire armor pieces and i only have 3,000. my goal is 33,000 to get the chest armor. what is the fastest way to grind 30,000 achievement points?

Posted by: Maraca Kabob.3564

Maraca Kabob.3564

A:

i just realized NOBODY has 33k achievement points lol

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Well one thing to do is make sure to do all daily/monthlies (at least until you reach the cap).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Don’t. You will burn yourself out doing so.

I recommend doing one or two achievements a day in addition to your daily and monthly.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’ll take more than 3 years for you to get that much since they’ve toned down the number of achievement points you get from the living story and how many you get from the dailies each day.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

i just realized NOBODY has 33k achievement points lol

yes, and as the poster below your post said it will take years to get to 30k even if you drive yourself.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Ya, as soon as I saw your OP I was like “dude be crazy LOL”.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Well one thing to do is make sure to do all daily/monthlies (at least until you reach the cap).

But those barely award any points. 1 point per daily, so only 30 points in a month.

The easiest way to grind achievements, sadly, is to do the seasonal events, as they tend to award higher levels of achievement points. But, since there’s nothing seasonal going on right now…

You should also do the Living Story achievements. You can get over 100 AP just for one chapter’s worth of achievements.

Weapon Master achievements give decent points, so go out and grind with weapons youdon’t often use. Also, you can get a lot from crafting achievements, if you have the money.

OP, pretty much just pick a place to start. Achievements aren’t meant to be “easy” to rack up. It’s a conscious effort for a lot of it. You just have to find what you think would be easiest or most enjoyable for you to do, and start there.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

First off.. play the game as intended, by just doing all the stuff that the game currently offers you and you end up easily having then like 7-10k points or so by doing all weapons to max, all hero stuff from playing all races, all exploiration stuff, all crafting stuff, all the boss stuff, all the dungeon stuff and so on can get you quickly alot of achievements points and far more, than what you can get daily through dailies.

Dailies/Monthlies are just up to the point of the cap a nice take with you, but just playing the game as intended nets you in at least for 1-2 years alot more AP over time that you play the game, until you reach first the point, where you have nearly done everythign in this game, what it has to offer and you start colelcting AP basically only from dailies/monthies until you reach said cap, living story achievements, SPvP achievements and WvW achievements which are by fart the most craziest crap designed achievements that could let you play the game until your death and you wouldn’t have maxed any of them basically and you wouldn#t have still with all of them together 33k AP ….

You I advise you, don’t stress yourself, The Hellfire/Radiant armor set is obviously an absolete clear longterm reward armor set, which should get completely only the most dedicated loyal GW2 players that play actively this game for a long time and currently nobody in thbis game isn#t even really in the near of 33k AP at all
Maybe someone will reach this perhaps at the end of 2015 or so , but this depents alot about it, how much Ap we will mostly get from upcoming lioving story patches, wvw torunaments, and so on as like any other new achievement content that gets later added to the game in the future, which yet hasn’t been used by its full potential,

there is yet alot of unsed potential for realy alot of new achievements to collect.

Be it

• World Bosses (missign for Shatterer, Jormags Claw, MegaDestroyer and so on, basically all of them need a redesign like Tequatl and then we always can get also new world bosses liek the TT wurms)
  • Regions! We just have achievements for one single region, the game has nearly like two douzens of regions and many yet unexplorable map parts for even more new regions to come
  • Collections – theres so much more stuff in this game, that could be collected…
  • Activities – so many are still missing sicne game release, like Polymock, Bar Brawls, Shootign Range and manymore
    and alot more…

Don’t forget, GW2 is as a MMORPG a long term project, just look at how far ANet has planned ahead for the birthday achievements – TEN YEARS

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

But those barely award any points. 1 point per daily, so only 30 points in a month.

The easiest way to grind achievements, sadly, is to do the seasonal events, as they tend to award higher levels of achievement points. But, since there’s nothing seasonal going on right now…

You should also do the Living Story achievements. You can get over 100 AP just for one chapter’s worth of achievements.

Weapon Master achievements give decent points, so go out and grind with weapons youdon’t often use. Also, you can get a lot from crafting achievements, if you have the money.

OP, pretty much just pick a place to start. Achievements aren’t meant to be “easy” to rack up. It’s a conscious effort for a lot of it. You just have to find what you think would be easiest or most enjoyable for you to do, and start there.

along with this, if you’re going to grind out the weapons master ones, do the slayer ones at the same time. Kill two dolyaks with one stone.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…