Fastest way to level?

Fastest way to level?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Namica.2951

Namica.2951

With this Queen’s Jubilee stuff underway, I really wanna get my character up fast. Lv 33 ranger so far. Been grinding the Queens Pavillion, using axe and longbow for AoE. Wondering if this is the fastest way of going about it?

Also, crafting is out of the question. I’m rather broke.

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Fastest way is lvling normally throught PvE. BEvare even on lvl 30,starter zones will give you approx 15 levels.
So go to Metrica, Caledon, Queensdale, that charr starter zone and Wayfarer.
When you do this zones you will be approx lvl 70 and these zones are just easy ones.

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Farm events in low level areas and then go hit bad in the new area with all experience buffs

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Use real cash ,buy exp boost and gems.Use gems to buy crafting item.Insta craft yourself to lvl80.That is what crafting do.

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

WvW can level you up pretty quickly. Hook up with a Zerg and focus on tagging.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Fastest way to level?

Neve.7134

Crafting can be really expensive. But if you wait few days, maybe some mats will be lowering their prices cause it’s easy to drop them during this Living Story.
Craft to 400 a profession can give you up to 10 levels and each profession costs 7-13 golds

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

While you say crafting is out of the question, you may want to consider using Jewellery and Chef.
They’re the cheapest to level to 400. As of this post, taking both to 400 fast would cost you about 12g. That’s not each, that’s both.
If you do it at “Normal” speed, it would cost about 8g for both.
Artificing’s also pretty cheap at about 6g50s fast, 5g50s normal.

Use the guides over at gw2crafts.net
They take advantage of the APIs to keep costs as low as they can possibly be by referencing TP prices.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: Antares.2586

Antares.2586

Another way : Waypoints discovery.
Equip skills that give swiftness and blocks, and run between waypoints.

Plus you will be happy to have all waypoints available when you reach 80.

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Crown pavilion hopping with an EXP boost nets levels very quickly, if you find an overflow with a commander going around farming the mobs.

Fastest way to level?

Neve.7134

That’s also a very good way.

By the way I don’t suggest you to go to Queen’s Pavillon at lv 30. There’s mob lv 84+.

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Use real cash ,buy exp boost and gems.Use gems to buy crafting item.Insta craft yourself to lvl80.That is what crafting do.

Exp boosts doesn’t increase your experience gain via anything but killings enemies.

@OP

Why do you need to rush to level 80?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Exp boosts doesn’t increase your experience gain via anything but killings enemies.

Was going to post this myself, but since you beat me to it I’ll just confirm this info. Exp boosts are only for monster kills. They do not affect events, hearts, or crafting xp.

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Exp boosts are only for monster kills. They do not affect events, hearts, or crafting xp.

- This is true, and it should also be mentioned that killing monsters is the slowest possible way to get experience, even with exp boost active. Best way to level up is probably running CoF path 1.

(edited by Zenith.6403)

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

Secret Tip

Group up with the Zerg in Crown’s Pavilion, as soon as a legendary boss pops, use a killstreak exp booster. Cleave everything! You’ll gain upwards of two to three levels a boss…. Afterwards just pop exp boosters and food.

Also if you go down with an killstreak booster, it doesn’t stop, as long as stuff you tagged keeps getting killed within 30secs your golden.

Fastest way to level?

Namica.2951

@OP

Why do you need to rush to level 80?

Queens Gauntlet

That’s also a very good way.

By the way I don’t suggest you to go to Queen’s Pavillon at lv 30. There’s mob lv 84+.

It scales you to 80.

Fastest way is lvling normally throught PvE. BEvare even on lvl 30,starter zones will give you approx 15 levels.
So go to Metrica, Caledon, Queensdale, that charr starter zone and Wayfarer.
When you do this zones you will be approx lvl 70 and these zones are just easy ones.

I’ll do this. I’d be nice to do the Asura and Sylvari ones anyway, considering I’ve never done’em.

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: Zeppelin.6832

Zeppelin.6832

Spend $20 on 1600 gems, trade them for gold… craft 6-7 professions to 400. You’ll be 80 in a day.

There is no faster way

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

If you have gathered materials before – it takes around 7-8 G to get 20lvls from my experience.

Fastest way to level?

Namica.2951

Typically, when someone explicitly says “No crafting” I imagine that any reply saying “Crafting” is a tad rude and completely useless.

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Their are metas you can farm to get good exp. At 30-35ish i go to harathi hinterlands and their is a meta in the northern part that repeats a lot and nets a ton of experience. Get a level every time we complete the meta up until 40 then it’s about 2 per level till 50.

Before that apparently their is a meta in kessex hills you can farm but i have yet to find it or farm it.

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: Zeppelin.6832

Zeppelin.6832

Typically, when someone explicitly says “No crafting” I imagine that any reply saying “Crafting” is a tad rude and completely useless.

His reason for not wanting to craft is because he’s broke… that’s moot if you’re crafting with gems essentially

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’m planning on taking my 70 Ranger to the Queen’s Pavilion for some zerg trains. Leveling her to 80 wasn’t one of my goals but since I’m so close and these trains are easy and the rewards are good, might as well.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Makes me laugh this one does.

Time is subjective. Do whatever you enjoy and time will fly by.

Make a job of work out of it and, well, I feel sorry for you is all. What a miserable way to have fun.

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: The Master.2893

The Master.2893

Fastest way to lvl? Speed like 100USD buying gems; trade to gold, buy a bunch of crafting mats for each craft skill, lvl all of them up to max, and u will be 80 in no time:)

THE MASTER HAS SPOKEN!

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

How fast is fast? Without crafting, its hard to say. Hearts is inefficient without crafting. That leaves you with WvW, which efficiency may depend with your server and whether you can log in during the times in which people play WvW in your server.

If you’re willing to not discount crafting simply on behalf of having no gold right now, the strategic use of hearts/crafting combination is still the fastest way for me. I was able to max level a character in 3 days (about 36 hours) with an initial 7 gold from my first few characters and not too many mats collected.

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

If you can “make money” on your lvl33 character somehow, just grind money and craft.

I’m not sure what item are droping for you on your lvl33 in queens’ pavillion. But if gives decent money, you can use it for crafting.

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

1-80 in 4-6 hours takes around ~60g depending on what you have accumulated mat-wise. http://gw2crafts.net/ for the details. This is the fastest way to level in the game, but also the most expensive. I would only recommend it after you’ve leveled several characters the traditional way, which, by the way, shouldn’t be focused on leveling speed.

Fastest way to level?

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

“1-80 in 4-6 hours takes around ~60g depending on what you have accumulated mat-wise. http://gw2crafts.net/ for the details. This is the fastest way to level in the game, but also the most expensive. I would only recommend it after you’ve leveled several characters the traditional way, which, by the way, shouldn’t be focused on leveling speed.”

I suppose that with this and a level 80 character, the fastest you can do right now would be around 24-26 hours if you are literally flat out broke.

Currently, Crown Pavillion allows you to earn about 3-4 gold per hour. So 60 gold will take you around 20 hours to collect.