Fastest way to level nowadays

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rustux.3617

Rustux.3617

Anyone able to tell me the fastest way of levling nowadays since they nerfed Crafting by alot so its no point in doing that nowdays i did WvW got 3 lvls in 1 hour (7-10) so wasnt rlly interesteing Tomes from PvP takes alooong time to get

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You still get 7 levels from crafting from 1-400. So, there’s still a point to crafting if you have the gold/mats. EOTM training, with lots of exp boosts, is fast, too.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

1 Experience Scroll – First 20 levels
60 Tomes of Knowledge – Last 60 levels

^There is the fastest way to level up.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

WvW you mean the regular ones or the Edge of the Mists?
In the regular WvW leveling isn’t that fast, in the EotM you look for the karma train and follow them, you’ll level faster than a train

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I don’t have scrolls and many tomes so I always level my characters in EotM without boosts (only food / banners occasionally). 1-80 takes me 2 days if I have more time to play. 3-4 days if I have less free time. I don’t know about others but I consider it fast. (However, leveling speed in EotM depends on your server, I’m on SFR and we mow down everything).

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Tomes are the quickest way followed by crafting. After those, it’s EotM followed by world completion.

Rustux.3617

i did not mean regular WvW thats my bad for not being more specific i was in Edge of the mists and @Azhure.1857 i do not have a Experience scroll and i only have 7 Tomes

:Edit
What Crafting is it you guys are talking about do you have a Link for a indept explenation of what you have to buy etc?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

i did not mean regular WvW thats my bad for not being more specific i was in Edge of the mists and @Azhure.1857 i do not have a Experience scroll and i only have 7 Tomes

What Crafting is it you guys are talking about do you have a Link for a indept explenation of what you have to buy etc?

It’s something like gw2crafts.net I believe. It will cost a lot of gold. Most people did cooking and one or more of the others that cost less than 10G. This was before ascended crafting though but you still get 7 levels.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

WXP booster in EoTM will do wonders, but in general without any kind of boosters EoTM train is most cost effective as well as faster than any other options (crafting costs money so I’m excluding that, even though it technically is one of the fastest ways to gain levels, just have to drop crafts once they hit 400 then pick up new ones and do all over again).

PvP Tomes is a toss up whether its faster than EoTM. I can’t claim it is, but someone that PvPs all day and wins more than loses could likely rack up a lot more Tomes than I do in my hour or so of PvP. I typically only get 1-2 tomes per hour of PvP, while in EoTM I can level 3-4 levels.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

gw2crafts.net

They have fast guides and normal guides for crafting 1-400 in each discipline. Plus, there are very cheap guides there for cooking (using mostly karma for mats). And there are also 400-500 guides. Cooking and jewelry will be the cheapest, usually; doing both will get you 14 levels.

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I really recommend leveling a character tradintonally as that’s where 90% of the content is.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Crafting is indeed fast, but also quite expensive.

If it is your first character then I completely agree with grifflyman.8102

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I really recommend leveling a character tradintonally as that’s where 90% of the content is.

Of course, you can do it on a level 80 character as well, and it’s only a little bit easier than doing it at level.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Focusing on the “fastest way to level” is the best way to ruin the game for yourself.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Mea.5491

Focusing on the “fastest way to level” is the best way to ruin the game for yourself.

Fast leveling means we get through the crappy NPE quickly which actually ruins the game experience for most of us…

Rustux.3617

it might ruin the game for most of you but for me( i mostly pvp) i want to just get to max level so i can farm with some of my irl’s they have 80s any my highest char is 11

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Fast leveling means we get through the crappy NPE quickly which actually ruins the game experience for most of us…

I do not agree with your assessment here, and reject your usage of “us”

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

My friends do PvP dailies (and just that) and end up with a ton of tomes/xp consumables. You can knock them off quickly by finding an unoccupied ‘server’ and joining with a couple of friends there.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mea.5491

I said most of us…

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I said most of us…

That’s still probably inaccurate, although I don’t have the data to back it up.

For what it’s worth, among people with whom I’ve discussed the NPE, everyone wishes it was the original system, especially since the gating goes away quickly and the rewards are much better. (That said, people are very unhappy with trait unlocks, which pre-dated the NPE and dislike the hack/slash changes to the personal story — and fortunately the latter is going to be fixed soon.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I said most of us…

For what it’s worth, among people with whom I’ve discussed the NPE, everyone wishes it was the original system, especially since the gating goes away quickly and the rewards are much better. (That said, people are very unhappy with trait unlocks, which pre-dated the NPE and dislike the hack/slash changes to the personal story — and fortunately the latter is going to be fixed soon.)

I’ve never counted the trait changes as part of the NPE either and I’ve seen very very few people in my guild who have any real problem with the NPE…and many of us level alts.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I said most of us…

The only good change to the NPE was the bonus rewards. Everything else including gating skills and access to class mechanics is bad. Traits were just icing on the bad cake.

Posted by: MercWatcher.1397

MercWatcher.1397

In my experience, playing many mmos, this is by far the easiest game to level in and get to max level, so I never understand people feeling that it takes too long. Unless you grind like crazy, it can take you a long time up a treadmill of xp to get to max level in any other game, but if you play a few hours a day just doing map completion, WvW, PvP, just about anything, and you could be 80 in a couple of weeks. Literally everything in this game gives you xp. Gathering, crafting, finding a new area on a map, breathing…

Guild Wars 2 has a lot of story and history that you can immerse yourself in the experience and escape the real world for awhile. I believe like I’ve heard Anet mention, that the experience is the journey and not the destination, though the destination is also meant to be fun, but after you earn it when you get there. I play these games to start out weak and slowly work my way up, so that you can look back and feel proud of what you accomplished.

It takes time to train yourself to be good at your class. Running around in a train in WvW from 1-80 creates a lot of permanoobs, a term I learned from games where people are powerlevelled by following a much higher level character around and sucking up experience without fighting. They end up being max level with barely a clue how to fight. We saw this a lot during events like the fights with the Marionette where I swear people didn’t even know how to dodge and I had to pick up level 80s off the ground over and over in a simple fight.

To each their own though, which is the reason there are tomes. You can get your first character to level 80 and by then, you should have some tomes that you can use on your next character. I have two stacks of tomes right now, but I never feel right about using them because I enjoy the experience of creating a new character and doing map completion, which levels you pretty quick in my opinion. I actually like that you have to unlock your skills and traits because it was way too cheesy to be handed everything right at the beginning. Now you have to earn things, which a lot of people would rather they just log in, choose “Create level 80 with everything”, and go. Hmmmm, that might not be a bad idea if they had a totally different server for those people.

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

Collect tomes in PvP.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

For what it’s worth, among people with whom I’ve discussed the NPE, everyone wishes it was the original system

I complete and utterly reject THAT opinion. Sure, not being able to weapon swap until a couple hours into the game, seriously? The NPE unlocks for skills, utilities, and traits are ridiculously slow. There should have been a “grandfathered” where the NPE only effects, you know, NEW players. Or, better yet, the dev’s actually gave players a CHOICE around it. I growl in anger every time I re-roll a toon since the NPE.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

Let’s not derail this thread over the NPE, please.

When I want to fly through leveling I go to Edge of the Mists with a bunch of buffs to slap on. Also, you can grab green boosts from the laurel vendor that stack with your yellow ones. Just make sure there’s a good train running before you click to use your buffs if you go this route.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

I do not have to worry about leveling as I get so many tomes of knowledge from PVPing. Many have said in the past that EOTM has worked pretty well for them.

(edited by Rage.9723)

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I said most of us…

I’ve never counted the trait changes as part of the NPE either and I’ve seen very very few people in my guild who have any real problem with the NPE…and many of us level alts.

So does this meant that what he said was false? Does your anecdote trump his?