Fave gw2 profession?

Fave gw2 profession?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: inch.3769

inch.3769

Mine is mesmer, such a complex and fun class to play as.
Second fave is elementalist for the same reasons as mesmer

[tc]

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: CathShadow.9507

CathShadow.9507

I mained an Ele for ~4 years… WAS my favourite (pve, pvp, wvw, whatever).. then they nerfed it..

Now, Necro is my fav in PvE,
And Engi in PvP.

I barely touch my ele anymore

Hounds of Hades [HH] – Contact us for raid training!

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Necromancer because I always love the death themed minion creating profession. It makes me o-so happy that they are now the best condi in the game and are meta in all game modes (after what they suffered pre-HoT)

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Mine is warrior. Solid, straightforward, active, and tough as hell.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Guardian, but i hate the concept of bow and trap.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

Mesmer, pretty much for the same reason the op stated. I enjoy the complexity, and love dual wielding swords.

I pretty much alt randomly between the other classes but Necro is probably my 2nd favorite.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Mesmer, although I rarely play mine anymore. Not sure how that makes sense.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

After 3 years playing, Engie’s hyperkinetic, convoluted and versatile playstyle is still the most fun and satisfying of all for me.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

Ele cause it’s always just the most fun and so versatile – it never gets boring. Also love the elemental magic in every game and it also has support which I also love in every game, so it’s really the complete package.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

same, i love guardian, but i don’t like dragonhunter

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Thief 4 Life, in an action based combat system I need a fast moving and acting class with as less skill restrictions as possible to feel being really alive in combat and that I can prform mostly any time the skills I want to react on the situation around me

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Warrior. Rough and tough. Mobile and hostile. The class that plays like what it is.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I honestly have no idea yet. I envy those people who found the one for them and could settle forever. :P

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Ele (main) for pve and formerly for pvp too (before they heavily nerfed him in the latest patch)
Mesmer for pvp
Engi for wvw

Overall I love all classes (except ranger, which is boring to me), these are just ones I play the most these days

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

My favourite 2 are revenant and mesmer. Mesmer because of how powerful in game mesmers can be (i’m looking at you Xera) and revenants because of their potential (My thoughts are forgotten, seer, mursaat and ghost king adelbern stances that i always imagine my character having access too. Pretending i have spectral agony is fun too) and the demon and dragon magic.

After that it’s guardian and necromancer because i love the history of guardian, being a monk/paragon/partial dervish hybrid and necromancer because of it’s dark powers.

Then it’s thief and ranger. Thief because of daredevil martial arts fighting style combined with thief skills and the ranger for it’s druidic and nature powers.

Engineer comes next because they’re just awesome.

elementalist and warriors are last, but definitely not least.

(edited by castlemanic.3198)

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

same, i love guardian, but i don’t like dragonhunter

I love the guardian and the dragon hunter myself. I have more problems with the elite spec of the necromancer.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Welcometotheden.8547

Welcometotheden.8547

Reaper and Revenant. I main a ranger, but outside of pushing story content, I tend to bounce back and forth between the first two the most. Both are massive damage, boons and survivability. I can just wreck things with them.

~ The Cult of the Six Symbols ~

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

After 3 years playing, Engie’s hyperkinetic, convoluted and versatile playstyle is still the most fun and satisfying of all for me.

This, need something done? Just give me a minute to rummage around in my toolbox here and find the right thing for the job.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

mained ele for 3 years left the class after nerf, went to rev.

Proud TTS member

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I like the game, I love the WvW community, but I dislike all of the professions and the combat system. Whoever designed it needs a slap to take a long look in the mirror.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: funky fat thighs.1267

funky fat thighs.1267

Engineer for me, love that there’s so many skills & so much to keep an eye on. Close runner up would probably be thief as I find with many classes you run out of evades…. not with this one

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Engineer.

It fits the game world, a mix of magic and technology.
It fits the personal story, a pact commander with field missions using technology and magic to take down his foes. And you get more dialogue options.
It is good in all game modes.
It has amazing versatility and different playstyles
It has great skill level and complexity (although the rewards for it are not so great)
It looks cool with a flamethrower.
Explosions, duh!

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Necromancer for me! I understand Reaper has issues staying relevant outside of PvE for most people, but I pretty much only do PvE. And in PvE I think they really did a good job of making it seem like a slow lumbering unstoppable horror movie monster.
Even if mine is by default a skinny female human.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

It’s gotta be engineer man. Momma used to be all up in my face like “why ain’t you a doctor like yo brotha, why ain’t you all starrin NBA like you otha brotha, why you ain’t a lawyer like yo god dayyyyuuum sista foo?”
And I be lyk fam don’t even worry I is already a engineer man. Low key gw2 fam

Keepin it real in the squad

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Daredevil is my favorite. I love the fast gameplay and superior evasion and mobility.

Engineer is my second. This class just has so many options. If you don’t like one playstyle you can simply create a completely different one by swapping out traits, gear, and kits! It’s hard not to enjoy this class.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Necro because it’s fun, I like the skills, the traits, the theme. Also, I am a person with slow reaction times, I’m bad at timing blocks and therefore the shroud mechanic is a better defensive system for me, I find it comfortable to play Necro.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Thief for sure, I like how fast paced it is and high risk/high reward combat to it.
Very very closely followed by Mesmer, Engineer and Revenant.

My least favourite has to be Guardian who’s sat just further away from Warrior.

Kitten.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

At the moment Necro/Reaper since it reminds me of a WoW Death Knight with pieces of all three specs.

Erroneously when I first started playing this game I hoped that Guardian would be like a WoW Protection Paladin but it turns out it’s more like a Holy Paladin now with a bow.

Hopefully there’s a profession weapon combo out there that would help me feel more like an old fashioned tank that helps protect their party members while taking a beating, hopefully something that uses a shield and fits the archetype?

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

1. Ranger
2. Necromancer
3. Elementalist

I mainly PvE.
Ranger and Necro proved best in surviving for me.
I really prefer a profession like Ele though, but i play it rarely cos its to squishy for me.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

I mained an Ele for ~4 years… WAS my favourite (pve, pvp, wvw, whatever).. then they nerfed it..

Now, Necro is my fav in PvE,
And Engi in PvP.

I barely touch my ele anymore

Yup the latest nerf killed ele for me. Specifically the lava font nerf.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

I really enjoy Ranger.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

I played elementalist, mesmer, guardian, ranger and revenant. I am playing Reaper now and it is very interesting.

This class reminds me the best site of Tempest and Guardian.
I removed mesmer and revenant. I had warrior but it was long ago before HoT.
Druid is good but Reaper is my favorite.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

(edited by Arden.7480)

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

1. Ranger
2. Necromancer
3. Elementalist

I mainly PvE.
Ranger and Necro proved best in surviving for me.
I really prefer a profession like Ele though, but i play it rarely cos its to squishy for me.

If you like the d/x fresh air playstyle on ele (I did!) but find it a little too squishy to get comfortable with (I did!), you might give engineer a try. It has that same busy feel with swapping in and out of kits the way ele does with attunements, but I feel the survival side of the class is a good bit more forgiving than ele on average.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Saurrec.6402

Saurrec.6402

mesmer in pvp. warrior in instance play and necro for open world

A physical disability hasn’t stopped me from being a Polite, Helpful, & Badkitten player.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

The Engineer is my number one favorite. I have made others, but I always go back to my Engineer. The Revenant is my second favorite. With the Necromancer/elementalist tied in third place.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Plazar.8946

Plazar.8946

Thief!

My main char has been Thief since the headstart (he just turned 4 today!! ????).
Thief is my fav class cuz you can do with him anything you want! He has so much mobility, damage and utillity it’s just amazing! I miss the days when dungeons were popular and no1 would do them unless there was a thief in the padty. Good old days ????
Yeah nowdays thief aka Daredevil is kinda hated and kinda boring (talking about PvE) but we still have 2nd highest dmg and I still love him and they will buff him aoon anyways, making him more party friendly, they have to!

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

Mesmer(staff/scepter-torch main; gs/scepter-focus alt) all game modes; staff elementalist alt for wvw.

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Thief! Spent 90+ % of the time on my thief. Went with her through everything: pve, wvw, pvp xD

Always played stealth classes in every game and i love thief concept – fast paced, sneaky, very active gameplay The trill of assassinating someone and getting away with 1% HP is too much fun

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

Like many others here, my favorite class is the mesmer. I love how the class plays and feels. It is amazing the mind games you can play with your clones and phantasms.

I am split between elementalist and guardian as my number 2. Elementalists are so versatile and guardians are always welcome members of my parties.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

I would have to say my guardian, as the dragonhunter actually perfectly compliments him and his story. not to mention he has pretty much been my go-to guy for exploring new areas, though my powersuit engi has also been fun.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

I’m also of the Guardian Dragonhunter persuasion. I would normally prefer the Necromancer as I did in GW1 but the Guardian Dragonhunter is just so much better in the PvE zones, especially HoT.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Mesmer any day, any time – thematically, visually and aurally.

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

Pow build ranger/druid for the lazy pew pew

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

Fave gw2 profession?

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Anything with fast rotations.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.