Favorite Back Item?

Favorite Back Item?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Darkness Commander.6417

Darkness Commander.6417

Hey Guys,

Merry Christmas! I was wondering what is your favorite Back Item?

I have 2 favorites:

1: The (Static) Tempered Spinal Blades (All colours), they look so cruel and kitten!
For example you can check the red one here: http://bit.ly/2hYVCSJ

2: The Fire Quiver Backpack, especially for a ranger/assasin they look amazing! A burning Quiver with burning arrows, unfortunately when you fire the arrows they dont burn anymore:(

You can get an impression right here: http://bit.ly/2hYQLAL

Any additions, stories or pictures of other epic (or mayby the same) back items?

Guild: Darkness Death Dealers
Server: Blacktide
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1K1BQIC

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Mad kings memories

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

From the gem store, the crystalline dragon wings- especially when used as a glider. Such a smooth transition and I love the sounds/animation that goes with it.

Not from the gem store (though I do not have it) is the SAB skins. I do enjoy their appearance but the prestige behind them (especially Kaiser) gives me respect for anyone who took the time to finish the achievements for them.

Not for the aesthetic appeal I love There With Yakkington: A Traveler’s Guide simply for the story behind it.

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Nemo.5609

Nemo.5609

Wings of Dwayna, it’s very hard to find minimalist wings.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

I don’t have a particular favorite, but I do tend to shy away from the ridiculously big back items (all crafting disciplines’ back items, any of the wings, the legendary back items, spinal blades, etc.). In fact, the largest back item I’m using is the Sclerite Karka Shell, because it fits the aesthetic of one of my Necromancers best. If it fits in with the color scheme, concept and looks of my character, it’s my favorite one for them. For example, my mainly light blue and gold Human Chronomancer carries the Light of Dwayna’s, while my white and gold Tempest carries the Sun Catcher, my Sylvari Druid in all green and brown Sylvari armor carries Bough of Melandru, my blue and purple Sylvari Chronomancer carries Mawdrey and my red and gold Charr Warrior with his mixture of Crimson Lion and Gold Fractal skins wears the Fires of Balthazar, etc. They all complement the look of the character, its armor and weapons, and don’t dominate the aesthetic too much. So there’s not really any one favorite for me.

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

There are a ton of cool back items. Enough that every one of my 8 characters has at least 2 different ones, some even more than that.

I think my favorite ones overall are the Catcher backs (Lightning, Wind, Sun). I’ve always liked dream catchers in general, the crystal / element theme is nice, and they have a cool little particle effect that isn’t too overbearing.

I’m also a big fan of the Toxic Spore back, just because floating off your shoulder is unique and makes clipping with a lot of 2H weapons a non-issue. Pretty surprised its the only floating back item still, seems like something that would be cool to use for more than just one item.

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well, I have a different one for each level 80 and one for my key runner, each chosen to complement that char’s looks so that’s 10.

But in general, the Shatterer wings, the Wind Catcher with its swirling winds, the Holographic dragon wings on Asura, so cute on them and the new Crystalline wings are ones I like the best.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

My favorite is… no back item.

Oh sure, many of them have really cool designs, some have wonderful animations, some have funky and fun colors.

But… I don’t like how limited they are in blending with the rest of the skins. They tend to lock one into a narrow set of armor + color combinations.

Back when, erm, back skins were harder to obtain (and well before Dragon Hunters existed), I did like using a quiver with my guardian, because it was wonderfully anachronistic.

However, for now, I prefer to hide the back

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

1. Rox’s Quiver
2. Practical Scribe’s Backpack
3. Mawdrey
4. Hoelbrak Mointain Pack (I hate the horns, though)
5. Light of Dwayna
6. Bough of Melandru (looks silly as a backpack, but is so beautiful per se)
7. Universal Multitool Backpack
8. Intricate Leatherworker’s Backpack
9. Guild Backpack
10. Zephyr Rucksack

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I wear Mawdry but hide it.

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: nanomidgy.9180

nanomidgy.9180

My fav are mist herald backpack and zephyr rucksack

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

Situational. Depending on the setup of my character(s). Cause fashion wars 2 \o/ I also noticed that some items are not positioned properly. That kinda bugs me out sometimes when i try to match a set for a character

(edited by GWMO.4785)

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I love the yellow flower that can be gotten from the laurel vendor. Although I never use the character that matches the flower, outside of sometimes admiring them.

I also like the spinal blades, at one point wanted to make them, just never got around leveling crafting. I’m keeping those cores and shards forever.
Mawdrey is great, never going to get it though. It would’ve been great with the purple character that is the yellow flower character’s twin. <3
And I like those black and white wings even though I am never buying them.

My characters do not, and would not aside from plants, keep any back items visible. I even like to unequip staves and greatswords when I’m not using them.

let the sky fall

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: electricwater.1572

electricwater.1572

My favourite backpack is Branded Backpiece that you get from Shatterer achievement, mostly because of the awesome lightning effect it gives.

Attachments:

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Honestly the only one I like enough to actually use on some characters is the Guild backpack skin. It’s the only thing that looks like a functional backpack. Everything else looks like a circus freak show, and is just annoying to watch, even on others.

So in short, my favorite backpack skin, would be an option to turn of all other players backpack skins I guess.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I dont care for most back items in the game but I do like the basic arrow quiver and use it almost exclusively.

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

Adding to my answer: the Crystalline Dragon Wings when used in a backpack/glider combo. Much more attention went into animating those than the other wings; they’re tucked in when used as a back and expand when switching to gliding. The wings actually flap and move when you’re gliding- it feels more like actual wings and not a stiff angel wing Halloween costume accessory

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

My favorite is… no back item.

Oh sure, many of them have really cool designs, some have wonderful animations, some have funky and fun colors.

But… I don’t like how limited they are in blending with the rest of the skins. They tend to lock one into a narrow set of armor + color combinations.

Back when, erm, back skins were harder to obtain (and well before Dragon Hunters existed), I did like using a quiver with my guardian, because it was wonderfully anachronistic.

However, for now, I prefer to hide the back

As a minimalist, I prefer to hide back items as well. Only my necromancer shows her Shadow of Grenth.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I like the Lucky Great Monkey Lantern on one of mine. Most of the rest I leave not visible.

Favorite Back Item?

Darkness Commander.6417

There are a ton of cool back items. Enough that every one of my 8 characters has at least 2 different ones, some even more than that.

I think my favorite ones overall are the Catcher backs (Lightning, Wind, Sun). I’ve always liked dream catchers in general, the crystal / element theme is nice, and they have a cool little particle effect that isn’t too overbearing.

I’m also a big fan of the Toxic Spore back, just because floating off your shoulder is unique and makes clipping with a lot of 2H weapons a non-issue. Pretty surprised its the only floating back item still, seems like something that would be cool to use for more than just one item.

Yea the Toxic Spore is also amazing, it looks pretty peacefull when it is floating on your back/shoulder. They really should add more of this kind back items!

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Cyprien.4208

Cyprien.4208

Desert Rose Skin & Fervid Censer

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Pretty sure this is a bit of an unpopular opinion now but I like the Replica Job-o-tron backpack. I like the character, it gives a feeling that I’m never alone when I’m in an empty area/solo mission……and whether people like it or not it has a unique mechanic XD

And my future favorit will be the mini scruffy backpack, was datamined a few weeks ago so that’s a suitable replacement to those who want a silent golem backpack

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

None – all of them look a bit silly on charr. Black Citadel “Engine” included.

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I like the Plush Ram that came out last year the most, but I never use it.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Bat wings. It has been the only backpiece I have used (and glider too) since it was released with 2015 Halloween.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I love the crystalline wings as a glider. My favorite back piece however is the sturdy Tailor’s Backpack…mostly because there is a quaggan cross-stitch/embroidery hanging off the side that makes me smile when I see it. I am a crafter and this little touch of something in game is great.

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

Jetpack for life. And the two wintersday backpacks from year 1.

Teh Ouchies

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: BrotatoChipps.9158

BrotatoChipps.9158

Spirit Smith, hands down.

Northern Shiverpeaks
- Twisted Rune [tR]

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

1) Initiate’s Pack. This is by far my most-used back item. It’s simple, sleek and easy on the eyes. Blends well with all armour classes, but especially medium.

2)Practical Scribe’s Backpack. I like this one for my light classes. It reminds me of a proper Wizard’s pack with scrolls and such for spell craft.

3) Mawdrey looks amazing as well. Perfect for Sylvari, Mesmers and just about any character in organic, woodsy looking gear.

Favorite Back Item?

Darkness Commander.6417

Jetpack for life. And the two wintersday backpacks from year 1.

Who doesnt like this one!? I bet alot of people wants this Back Item, unfortunatelly it is a bit to expensive for most player

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Crystalline Dragon Wings. Absolutely love them, especially the gliding SFX and animations. Just wish they were dyeable, instead of the inevitable 5 different colour swaps for 700 gems each.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Generally don’t like back items, but I use the Fervid Censer and Desert Rose sometimes on my casters, and the Sturdy Leatherworker’s Backpack on some of my leather and heavy wearers, depending on the rest of their outfit (though I wish that backpack was about 1/2 to 2/3 the size).

But generally I don’t show the back item at all.

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Far too many I like so I’ll narrow it down to 4:

• Jetpack – had this thing for years. Absolutely love it; also because it’s the only backpack that looks attached to your back… A lot of the rest simply float awkwardly especially on Charr/Asura…
  • Practical Scribe backpack – probably the only legit NORMAL bag out there that isn’t over sized. It’s aesthetically appealing; functional much like the guild back piece.
  • Spirit Smith – in all my years playing this game I’ve only ever come across 1 or 2 players that I’ve seen with this backpack … Just the other week I finished the collection. I like ghostly items. Works pretty nice with the new winter infusion.
  • any of the Super Adventure Backpacks – missed out on both SAB events. I like these because they remind me of oldschool arcade games or fun platform 8-bit style adventures.. I really wish I could do these these achieves…

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

There can only be one choice for a Whispers Agent: The Tybalt Backpack

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: BlackIsleDragon.7516

BlackIsleDragon.7516

Ad Infinitium… Not only is it awesome, but it is rewarding after putting in all the challenging aspects in obtaining the back piece.

Attachments:

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

The holographic and the crystalline dragon wings because they are semi-transparent and therefore clipping is not (that) annoying.

Favorite Back Item?

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

Wings of Ascension

Favorite Back Item?

Darkness Commander.6417

Ad Infinitium… Not only is it awesome, but it is rewarding after putting in all the challenging aspects in obtaining the back piece.

I had totally forgotten this one! Ad Infinitium is the cherry on the pie, the state of the art! I would love to get this one:)