Favorite Star in Friend List.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

I was thinking how useful could be to have a favorite star I can select/deselect on every contact in friend list. My list is too long and I need a way to differentiate players there. This could be added to guild players list too.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Would be nice if we could write short notes for each Friend too, to let us know just who the person is and/or how we met them. XD (e.g. Fractals buddy, PvP team)

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Best you can do at the moment is set a nickname. I’ve set some short fairly self-informative nicknames for people this way, to help remember odd usernames by.

I would indeed love expanded friends list options though.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’d just like the ability to sort my list based off of:

online/offline
alphabetical order A-Z or Z-A
class type

Would be nice.

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

Would be nice if we could write short notes for each Friend too, to let us know just who the person is and/or how we met them. XD (e.g. Fractals buddy, PvP team)

You can do that.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You can write a note, but what it does is edit the grey username. So for instance if I helped you with a JP using a mesmer alt, you could edit me in your list to “JPHelper” but then you’d never see the “Donari.” What I do is carefully remember the original name, and retype that with the extra note, e.g. “DonariJPHelper.”

A couple of addable symbols such as stars and circles might be of use to some people as well, so you can assign friends to certain categories. Even better: make it one of the sortable columns so you can one-click to get all the gold star people to the top regardless of their name or online status.