Favorite starter zone

Favorite starter zone

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DaHippie.7891

DaHippie.7891

Just like the title says, what’s your favorite leveling zone? After trying asura,charr, and norn. I hate charr, i think asura is creative. But I LOVE NORN’s zone.
Maybe its cause the cold climate or something ha.
But what are your guyses favorite!?

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I like Wayfarer Foothills because of the absolute stunning visuals, the music, and all the constant events!

It’s also much easier to navigate.

The fact Maw was nerfed kinda upsets me a bit, but it’s still my favorite starter zone.

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

metrica province :P lush jungles!

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Wayfarer Foothills

Worst is undoubtedly plains of ashford. No direction whatsoever, unless you’ve previously been through the area you’re going to go the wrong way and wonder why you’re suddenly facing enemies 3-6 levels ahead of you. Plus it’s the only starter area with no Meta Event.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

metrica province. The proginies are awesome

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: Will.9785

Will.9785

Caledon Forest then Queensdale. Its funny, so far the 2 mentioned in this thread (Wayfarer and Metrica) are my absolute least favorite.

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Wayfarer and Queensdale. I really really didn’t like the other 3. I would have rated Wayfarer number 1 in the past, but after the Maw timer increase I think Queensdale is the best overall.

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

From favourite to worst:
Caledon Forest>Metrica Province/Wayfarer Foothills>Queensdale>Plains of Ashford.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Wayfarer Foothills is definitely my favorite. They did an amazing job on all of the Norn zones.

Second favorite would probably be Queensdale.

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Caledon Forest, easily (even though I don’t play any sylvari). I love the giant plants and psychedelic colours! Wayfarer foothills second because of the bunny area.

Despite all my characters being asura, I only rate metrica province third – it’s got some great areas and architecture, but not enough to be at the top.

Queensdale has some nice areas (like the swamp), but otherwise nothing special. Plains of Ashford is my least favourite.

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: Thaladred.1406

Thaladred.1406

Caledon Forest or Plains of Ashford

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: daver.8324

daver.8324

Metrica Province>Queensdale>Plains of ashford> Caledon forest>Wayfarer Foothills

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

Metrica Province, love it, so much going on there.

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

I’m torn between Caledon and Wayfarer’s. Wayfarer’s reminds me of home (actually all of the Shiverpeaks reminds me of home). And Caledon is just beautiful and a joy to walk around in.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: Half Tooth.1867

Half Tooth.1867

Caledon Forest is my favourite! I just feel so relaxed there, the beaches and jungles and wierd giant plants everything about it is colourful eye candy.

I really hate plains of ashford though, charr buildings are hidious, there’s too much brown and yellow and there’s shooting everywhere as well as horrible scrappy bits of metal.

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Queensdale

15 chars

I took an arrow to the knee

Favorite starter zone

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I love Caledon. When I rolled my first character, a Sylvari, I was pretty much like her… just gazing in awe at the beauty of my new world. Fantastic place.

After that its Queensdale, then Wayfarer, then Metrica, then Ashford. To me, the Asura tech feels out of place and everything about the Charr is ugly and uninspiring.