Favorite world boss?

Favorite world boss?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

What’s your favorite open world boss in GW2? I haven’t fought all of them, including any of them from Orr, but my favorite out of what I’ve fought is easily the Fire Elemental. Yup, the level 15 one in Metrica Province. It only spawns if a DE chain fails, but wow… it rains havoc on everyone despite your original level.

Constantly spawns Embers which are painful and, while it is sometimes difficult to differentiate between the embers’ attacks and the boss’s attacks, all of the constant fire ground AoE’s and everything else being thrown at all players in the vicinity as soon as they start crossing the bridge to fight this guy… if you’re unlucky, you’re going to die. It’s virtually impossible to kill unless you have at least 20-30+ people. It’s difficult to fight both as a ranged and melee player. It just produces a constant onslaught of destruction.

Comparing some of the later world bosses to this guy… I think something’s wrong. Many of the world bosses are little more than tank and spank, and are even easier when you have 10-20+ players. But this level 15 boss… is a challenge and a half even with 20+ peoples. I wish the level 40-60+ bosses were half as challenging is this guy!

To whoever designed this boss: Thank you. And please, please do us all a favor and get your hands dirty by improving some of the other world bosses.

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

First time I saw the Shadow Behemoth (Secrets in the Swamp, Queensdale) I was literally like WOW!
Good fight, especially for a starting zone and introduction to the game.
Fighting the dragon Tequatl was also good, but I kinda blew the awesomeness of the fight by watching youtube videos of it long before I ever made it to that zone.

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Taiance.6213

Taiance.6213

Fire Ele does not spawn when the DE chain fails. The golem is brought in to clean up(Pre DE), it cleans then it moves into the top area(new Pre DE starts). You protect it and at the end (when the timer ends and the event succeeds) it goes haywire turning into the fire ele.

I agree fire ele is by far the best world event that I have seen so far, but only because the embers are so deadly.

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Fire elemental hands down. I check it when I log on, right before I log off, and anytime I am inbetween something on all my characters. It is just fun!

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

The Demagouge in the southwest parts of Brisban Wildlands. It’s actually nothing special, only GW1 nostalgia especially with the events leadin up to it.

Otherwise I haven’t done verry many world bosses. Enjoyed the fire elemental in the beta though.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Vlaxitov.5693

Vlaxitov.5693

Difficult =/= fun. (and tbh the fire elemental isn’t difficult, just a pita)

The fire elemental feels like being cheated for the amount of time/effort vs reward.

Thinking its fun or hard because you have to zerg it doesen’t make you cool.

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Claw of Jormag, currently the only dragon which can acutally kill you character (I have never seen anyone dying on the Shtterer, Tequatl is also not challenging as he doesn’t attack you directly).

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Shatterer, just because of his looks and landing animation.

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

the Ulgoth in Harathi hinterlands. I like that it’s long and has multiple stages. the lead up to the fight actually makes it feel like a big deal.

love it.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Shatterer, because he’s cool, not too hard, not too easy and awesome music while fighting him.

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

Difficult =/= fun. (and tbh the fire elemental isn’t difficult, just a pita)

The fire elemental feels like being cheated for the amount of time/effort vs reward.

Heh, I suppose my opinion is completely different from yours. Difficulty and challenge is a huge contributor towards how much fun I’m having. Furthermore, being able to kill a world boss without a good number of people should be nearly impossible in my opinion.

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

Definitely Claw of Jormag. Shaterrer and Tequatl are fun for me just because they’re both awesome, but both of them are “shoot his feet/head with a rifle or artilerry”.

Claw of Jormag has 2 sections, and even the one you are offered to physically encounter him, you won’t do much, because you HAVE to make those golems reach him, and you have to kill that wall a couple of times. All while having in mind the border of his deadly ice and the minions (“Watch the ledges.”). His fight has different things to do and not just shoot him in the face for 20 minutes.

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: AvivKing.5863

AvivKing.5863

dragons ofcorse !
there is nothing like a good fight vs dragons !

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Streamline.4085

Streamline.4085

King crab in Melachor’s Leap, of course! He just sit there blowing bubbles while I stab his face with a spear. Whats not to love! CRABs back on the menu boys!

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Taiance.6213

Taiance.6213

You don’t need to zerg it, those who do have no idea of what to do to properly to kill it with ease, just keep the ember population in check to make it a painless world boss.

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Kyndron.8340

Kyndron.8340

I love fighting the dragons. The Shatterer is by far the coolest, but the Claw of Jormag gives a greater sense of achievement than the other two.

I also enjoyed fighting a Champion centaur in the north-east of Harathi Hinterlands. There were at least 30 people trying to bring him and down and he just took everything like a boss (no pun intended)! I’ve only fought him once, but he’s definitely worth having a go at. I think he spawns at the end of a DE chain…

Edit: Fixed some grammatical errors (I’m anal like that).

Jenju – level 80 norn ranger
Server = Desolation
Guild = Miscellaneous

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

As a pure spectacle – The Claw of Jormag wins hands down. I love seeing that dragon slam into the side of the mountain.

From a fun perspective, my favorite is probably the Megadestroyer in the volcano event in Mt Maelstrom – even though there are many I truly enjoy.

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

Claw of Jormag for sure

amazing visuals, cool fight, not too easy (love when the champion wolf is killing glass cannon people by only charging at them)

If only they’d fix the sound bug that removes game sound and gives a weird beeping instead… and then fix the fact that half the people don’t appear on my screen… it would be perfect

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

So far, the Thaumanova Elemental. The boss is pretty easy, but its mechanics turns people’ stupidity against themselves. You can take him with 3 people who know what’s going on, but when you have 20 guys clumping up on the bridge because they don’t dare running in and as a result are getting annihilated by AoE, you can’t help but facepalm. That boss shamelessly exploits one of the basic human instincts to stick together and have strength in numbers, it’s beautiful. I wish other bosses would punish balling as hard as this boss. Also, the lack of tells make it even more difficult to stay alive if you don’t keep moving.

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Brewbeer.8239

Brewbeer.8239

I like the Claw of Jormag and Shadow Behemoth best. Still remember finding him in the first beta weekend, and being awestruck by the size of the boss. First time I fought the Claw, I was completely unprepared for when it came crashing down, it looked amazing.

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Kyndron.8340

Kyndron.8340

I take back what I said about the champion centaur. I just went and fought him again only to find myself getting annoyed at his AoE spells and the invulnerable elementals that knock you down.

Jenju – level 80 norn ranger
Server = Desolation
Guild = Miscellaneous

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

I like Tequatl because that fight seems to give you a lot more to do than the other fights. Also, it has a megalaser.

Favorite world boss?

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Have you ever fought the Claw of Jormag in the early hours of the morning? We had perhaps 7, 10 at the most. The fight was one of the most intense and exciting encounters I’ve ever had. We all had to put our lot in to get the golems down for the stun, and the Champions actually mattered (everyone in zergs ignores the mobs and just DPS the dragon, but we could NOT do that to win).

It was fun because it was actually a challenge for us, and we felt like real heroes when we took it down together.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief