Feature Pack - What's your bottom line?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

So, it looks like we’ve received the lion’s share of the feature pack announcements so far and I’m wondering what people think these changes will ultimately mean for them.

Here’s my personal bottom line:

Trait Changes – I will maybe adjust 5 points in my thief’s PvE build to get a bit more DPS if I ever do another dungeon on my thief again, but that’s about it unless there’s something really earthshaking that hasn’t been revealed so far. The only decent looking trait changes aren’t for any classes I play.

Rune/Sigil Changes – I’ll probably adjust some sigils, depending on what they ultimately look like, at least in sPvP.

Critical Damage Changes – No changes here. Berserker is still king.

Wardrobe System – This will be a nice convenience to share skins. Decent quality of life change, but won’t change the way I play.

Dye changes – I guess I’ll be selling some unidentified dyes and won’t need to worry about buying many, if any, dyes anymore.

Social Improvements – Last logged in feature will be easier to track inactives in the guild than checking the last date someone earned an achieve.

Account Bound Stuff – Well, this will make the grind of ascended gear more bearable I guess. Decent quality of life change, but won’t change the way I play except for maybe saving me some gold.

Repair cost/trait reset I guess this will save me some gold.

What I’ll do when I log in Apr 15th I’ll probably just rearrange a few armor setups/skins for some characters, but that’s about it. I don’t expect this patch to really change much for me outside of making some things a bit more convenient.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Overall, I think its…GREAT, they will shake GW2 up, roll on 15.4.14 when I can start playing GW2 again…not been playing since completed achievements in Battle of LA, that was 3 weeks ago, nothing to do…

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Looking forward to some new builds based on the new Traits, to experimenting with some new Runes/Sigils, to a buff to Celestial for what I use it for, to being able to move Ascended gear between characters, to getting about 500 unidentified dyes, to being able to buy one store exclusive dye and having it apply to my whole account, to getting all my unused skins stored in the Wardrobe, to cloning my Infinite Light, to cashing out Transmutes Stones/Crystals for charges and getting those inventory spaces back…

They’re going to have to do some new content soon, but for a round of housecleaning the system, I’m pretty pleased.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Me? I’ll start hunting down armour skins of course. This is probably the biggest change for me, since I’m pretty much what you’d call a casual.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

All I’ve wanted for over a year are new zones to explore. Three is all I’ve seen and one is in WvW and one of them disappeared after the LS installment ended that brought it.

At this point, I’m writing this update off as ho hum. Some players will go ga-ga over sharing their legendries and ascended items while others who bucked up for those on multiple characters will feel shafted. While nothing in it upsets me, its also true that nothing in it has me excited with anticipation either.

SBI

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

What I’ll do when I log in Apr 15th I’ll probably just rearrange a few armor setups/skins for some characters, but that’s about it. I don’t expect this patch to really change much for me outside of making some things a bit more convenient.

That’s pretty much what most of it is designed to do. Make things more convenient. Quality of Life changes.

For Me:
Trait Changes – I typically play whatever build I want, a lot of my characters haven’t changed builds since they hit 80. Some of these might be good to use, and if I like them, I’ll use them. I don’t foresee that happening though.

Rune/Sigil Changes – I’ll have to adjust some sigils and runes on my characters, especially ones I overlooked before due to their limited functionality.

Critical Damage Changes – -

Wardrobe System – My characters pretty much have their set look already. I don’t plan on changing them unless I find something else I like more. But I will start collecting skins to satisfy the collector in me. Great thing overall.

Dye Changes – Yay.

Social Improvements – Not so much useful for my guildies and I, as we’re just a bunch of friends hanging out. But a much asked for and appreciated change regardless.

Account Bound – I already don’t transfer my infinite harvest tools between my characters. I’m not likely going to transfer my (future) ascended weapons or armor around. I simply change characters way too much.

Repair Cost – It’ll save me time from unequipping in certain parts of the game (CoE lasers, CoF P3 bombs). Perhaps less annoyance from newbies in PUGs. Overall it makes me more leeroy-y, but this also might make newbie learning experiences stick less.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

bottom line
a completly useless patch to me so far, wardrobe costs gems and the rest is just bugfixes and minor QoL changes

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Trait changes: I like it. I’d still like some extra improvements (mainly I’d like to be able to save builds and an easy way to swap builds-gear), but I like what I see there.

Rune-sigil changes: I won’t be much different than what it is now for me once I redo the current setups I have.

Wardrobe system: YEAH!!!… this is by far my favorite thing about the new patch. I know I’ll spend time going to all heart vendors (and filling the ones I don’t have yet) so I can start collecting different armor sets out there.

Dye system: another YEAH!!! for me.

Social improvement: It won’t affect me directly but will indirectly as a member of very large guilds.

Account bound: Won’t affect me much, don’t have legendary weapons (or plans to acquire one) and very sloooooowly getting ascended armor and weapons (first weapon, still leveling the armor crafting profesions). Still a welcome change.

Repair cost: Won’t really bother me as much, but still a welcome change.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.