Feature Request: Mail Myself

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Anet sells some wonderful Account Bound items. But it can be very annoying to have to take many steps to transfer these items from one character to another.

I would like to be able to mail such items to myself or have common storage space that any character can access anytime from any location.

Want use that cool musical instrument or dance book while waiting for an event?
Have that set of gathering tool on the wrong character?
Just crafted a new weapon?

Now just send it to yourself!

Posted by: Mr Quikeh.5461

Mr Quikeh.5461

bad, the second you hit your mail limit, people would be all, wheres my items, and whos to say you dont use your mail as a second bank storage! thus robbing Anet of your precious Gems for bank storage upgrades!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I would love a shared bag between my characters where I could store account bound armor, weapons, gathering tools and toys.

I don’t think Mail is a good idea though.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Inventory space held in common across characters sounds interesting, and useful. Because people could use mail as extra storage, probably won’t happen.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: ewhalen.8604

ewhalen.8604

I thought the bank was the item storage that was common across characters? It’s pretty easy if you buy things from the gem store while next to a bank.

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Just buy permanent Bank Access for all your characters and your problem is solved.

Now, I know your reply is going to be “BUT IT COSTS TO MUCH AND IM POOR FOR WHATEVER DUMB REASON HERE.”

My point is that the feature you are requesting is already there. You just want an cheaper way to do it, which pretty much ends the topic there.

Angelica Dream.7103

@ewhalen bank space is not the issue
@Diviner yes cheaper but more importantly faster!

I have characters spaced all over the world many places do not have easy access to a bank and SoS WvW can get busy when I play.

I did buy the air ship but that will not send you back to where you were, so it is a pain plus again only on one character at a time.

I have played other game where you can mail yourself and it works great. I am not sure why your mail is so clogged up. But I would really like that feature as it takes so much load time to transfer things around form one character to another when neither is at a town.
Again maybe not mail, but say every character has a joint 5 slot storage.

Angelica Dream.7103

Ha! Called this feature ages ago.
Just never believed it would cost as much as another game! =:o

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Shared slot: 700 gems
Permanent bank access: 3500g