Feature Survey

Feature Survey

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LTREEVEY.2348

LTREEVEY.2348

Q:

Long story short. I got an email survey from another game developer pertaining to multiplayer features that might be on the table. Simple Q’s with the 1-10 (not interested-very interested) selections for each question. I have yet played the game for real, but i took the survey.
But upon starting the survey, I immediately(and I mean immediately) thought about Anet and the communication problems we have with devs. We want them to be in the forums on a regular basis sharing what they are up to so that we can yay or nay and “feel” a part.
So the question is, could this(surveys) be a form of communication that the devs find less risky. Throw us Q’s about features/ideas that might be on the table and get a feel from the people. They don’t even have to say kitten. Release one for each game mode so that you have reached out to each player base and sit back.
Thoughts?

#RastaSyl-Vari
#ShrubLife
#DoItForTheVine

Feature Survey

Posted by: AsurasRCute.4136

AsurasRCute.4136

As long as there’s also a space at the bottom where you can type what you really want to say (~200 characters), which would actually be read.

Otherwise, having only their questions can be extremely frustrating, if there’s something that you’re passionate about, that just happens to not be addressed by any of the questions – and the questions are all about stuff that you’re not really fussed about either way.

[I’ve come across a few folks who are very impressed that B&S are doing this atm, who would like to see this be more of a common thing in MMOs generally.]

Feature Survey

Posted by: LTREEVEY.2348

LTREEVEY.2348

The open comments for each question could be iffy because some people aren’t as “civil” with their passion but a low character limit spot at the end of survey would be reasonable. I also understand what you mean by “only their questions” could be frustrating, but having the ability to even voice our opinion on something before it goes into final production would be a step up from waiting til’ something goes live. Its a form of communication of which we don’t currently have.
Another plus side would be, immediately after releasing the survey, everyone who cares is going to rush the forums and the discussion goes on, creating yet another pool for them look into and draw from.

#RastaSyl-Vari
#ShrubLife
#DoItForTheVine