Feature Update - Missed what's really needed.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

When I heard of a “feature” update I got excited. I thought… finally they are going to address the most needed features in the game. The ones people have suggested and complained about not having for almost two years since the first Beta Weekend event.

And you dropped the ball Anet.

Are the new features nice? Sure… some of the features are things that will enhance GW2 overall. Things like “last logged” in guild feature and “account bound WXP” are things I’ve seen requested for a long time. All the rest is basically Fluff content and I have a hard time actually seeing many requests for those features over the last two years.

What I can’t understand is how one of the most basic and requested features was ignored. That being “The basic ability to organize and group the way players and guilds enjoy.” Gw2 gives us a grand total of TWO ways to organize and group. Either a 5 person group or a massive zerg with no control over the size or makeup of that force. WvW is where this needs changed most, but it would be useful for PvE events as well. Gw2 currently has the worst grouping system I’ve used in at least the last 7 years of MMO gaming.

Since the first BWE players have asked for better grouping systems. After 19 months of asking they created a Collaborative thread asking for extensive feedback from players about the Commander and Squad system.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Collaborative-Development-Commander-System/first

Players gave tons of feedback and some of the most requested features were having Private and Guild only squads to allow players to organize and form forces the way they enjoy. So you can see why 4 months later when they announced a “feature” update I expected to see some C&S and grouping updates. I was very disappointed. Like many other players I find social grouping and running with my guild as an important part of MMO gaming. Something I’ve been frustrated with on a daily basis because of the lack of tools to do so.

I’m sure you have “plans” to address this at a future date Anet. But it’s your lack of priority on what players would like vs what generates gemstore revenue that’s most disappointing.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

This whole feature patch introduced more gold sinks and further increased the profitability of their Gem Store.

I’m sorry to say that you hit the nail on the head with your post.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Ikorolch.8421

Ikorolch.8421

When I heard of a “feature” update I got excited. I thought… finally they are going to address the most needed features in the game. The ones people have suggested and complained about not having for almost two years since the first Beta Weekend event.

Are the new features nice? Sure… some of the features are things that will enhance GW2 overall. Things like “last logged” in guild feature and “account bound WXP” are things I’ve seen requested for a long time. All the rest is basically Fluff content and I have a hard time actually seeing many requests for those features over the last two years.

What I can’t understand is how one of the most basic and requested features was ignored. That being “The basic ability to organize and group the way players and guilds enjoy.” Gw2 gives us a grand total of TWO ways to organize and group. Either a 5 person group or a massive zerg with no control over the size or makeup of that force. WvW is where this needs changed most, but it would be useful for PvE events as well. Gw2 currently has the worst grouping system I’ve used in at least the last 7 years of MMO gaming.

Since the first BWE players have asked for better grouping systems. After 19 months of asking they created a Collaborative thread asking for extensive feedback from players about the Commander and Squad system.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Collaborative-Development-Commander-System/first

Players gave tons of feedback and some of the most requested features were having Private and Guild only squads to allow players to organize and form forces the way they enjoy. So you can see why 4 months later when they announced a “feature” update I expected to see some C&S and grouping updates. I was very disappointed. Like many other players I find social grouping and running with my guild as an important part of MMO gaming. Something I’ve been frustrated with on a daily basis because of the lack of tools to do so.

I’m sure you have “plans” to address this at a future date Anet. But it’s your lack of priority on what players would like vs what generates gemstore revenue that’s most disappointing.

Although I don’t really mind the way parties are formed at the current moment, I do agree with you that the update is a bit disappointing. Most of the features are really superficial more than anything, they could have been tacked on at any point in time. The only semi-significant thing is their new “megaserver” system, but even then that’s a bit of a stretch. I was really hoping that Anet would enhance the already existent game play, improve combat, visuals, add new significant game play elements,add more content, etc with this update.I haven’t played the game for a month or so already and this update has absolutely no incentive for me to return.

(edited by Ikorolch.8421)

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Yes, how dare they implement major quality of life changes that have long been seen as “dropping the ball” at game release! While you are right that there are still many issues to address, they first have to address the major issues affecting all areas of the game, not just a given game mode.

On top of that, you say that they are not doing anything for grouping, yet by the end of the year they have said that guilds will span every server. The game will no longer be dominated by a handful of large guilds, because small guilds will finally be able to build up a decent amount of influence and compete…

I don’t know why people seem to confuse “you didn’t do what I want” with “you didn’t do anything useful to anyone”.

Besides, the whole UI is garbage. Requesting specific enhancements for it is kind of silly when the whole thing needs to be trashed and overhauled.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Ahmrill.7512

Yes, how dare they implement major quality of life changes that have long been seen as “dropping the ball” at game release! While you are right that there are still many issues to address, they first have to address the major issues affecting all areas of the game, not just a given game mode.

On top of that, you say that they are not doing anything for grouping, yet by the end of the year they have said that guilds will span every server. The game will no longer be dominated by a handful of large guilds, because small guilds will finally be able to build up a decent amount of influence and compete…

I don’t know why people seem to confuse “you didn’t do what I want” with “you didn’t do anything useful to anyone”.

I guess you missed the part where I said the new features are nice and will enhance GW2 overall. The things players (not just me) were asking for have been ignored.

So yes they dropped the ball when adding features that players were asking for.

Besides, the whole UI is garbage. Requesting specific enhancements for it is kind of silly when the whole thing needs to be trashed and overhauled.

On this we agree 100%.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

I quite like the UI.
And for crying out loud, a UI debate? What is this Windows 8?

Rawr?

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

This whole feature patch introduced more gold sinks and further increased the profitability of their Gem Store.

Yea because companies do things for money.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

While I agree that not all of the changes in the feature pack are my cup of tea either, I must disagree with the idea that they’ve barely been requested (wardrobe, guilds, champion farming nerf and the sort have been asked for, sorry).

However, I do believe that more needed to be done for such a big song and dance. Yes, they can’t give us everything instantly, I appreciate that. But they could be doing a lot more.

• A sizeable number of weapon/armour sets that aren’t just a couple of pieces, in the gem store or gated behind strange requirements. GW1 has a ton of stuff – use it!
  • Overhaul the music system so it uses regular notes, instead of the solfege nonsense we have now. How about a .abc system while we’re at it?
  • Make condition damage worth using.
  • Make healing power worth using.
  • Make everything in the game besides champions, boss events, some dungeons, WvW and PvP appealing (and not by throwing loot at it)
  • Actually balance the classes.
  • Make the game live up to the manifesto and the broken promises made before launch.
  • Guild halls/player housing.
  • Give smaller guilds a purpose.
  • Make SAB open every Tuesday or Thursday, or something like that.
  • Work on some behind the scenes stuff to make large scale events not lag the hell out of those of us without superior computers/internet connections.
  • Add some permanent new content.
  • Continue the story. And by story, I mean story – not cutscenes prioritising lesbian kissing over the villain’s master plan.
  • New game mode akin to SAB, where you play as Poobadoo and gain points for disrupting and licking Tengu merchant caravans.
  • Hell, how aren’t Tengu on this list?

But yeah… Anet has been slacking off for the past year or so – you’ve got some catching up to do!

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Highly disapointed in the whole Feature Pack kitten. A fe suggestions have been addressed, but pointers and even collaborative discussions have been totally ignored. Truth be told, I often wonder why this game is called Guild Wars while there is no motivation or incentives to actually do things as a guild.

I won’t go over the things again, however, I do wonder if ArenaNet is seriously believing this game will survive on its PVE only. Once a new RvR gets around the corner which is worth the time and play, Anet will lose everyone due the current WvW state.

Kitten kittened off about this whole Feature Pack, which is a big middle finger to all their players while telling us ‘’ We don’t give a rats kitten about you, the customers. We do whatever the kitten we want ’’

[mod edit: removed offending content]

Team Aggression [TA]

(edited by Moderator)

Ahmrill.7512

Highly disapointed in the whole Feature Pack kitten. A fe suggestions have been addressed, but pointers and even collaborative discussions have been totally ignored. Truth be told, I often wonder why this game is called Guild Wars while there is no motivation or incentives to actually do things as a guild.

I won’t go over the things again, however, I do wonder if ArenaNet is seriously believing this game will survive on its PVE only. Once a new RvR gets around the corner which is worth the time and play, Anet will lose everyone due the current WvW state.

Kitten kittened off about this whole Feature Pack, which is a big middle finger to all their players while telling us ‘’ We don’t give a rats kitten about you, the customers. We do whatever the kitten we want ’’

[mod edit: removed offending content]

I think you summed up a lot of what our guild feels. Many of the features our guild cares about seemingly are ignored.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Yea because companies do things for money.

No one is saying that this game should be a charity.

However, there’s a major difference between making the Gem Store an alternative mode of convenience versus a monopolized market. I simply feel that ANet’s focus on their Gem Store is far too strong, although this probably stems from the fact that NCSoft takes all of the Gem Store profits and distributes them as they see fit.

It’d be nice if money spent on Guild Wars 2 actually went to Guild Wars 2 intead of financing Wildstar.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Who knows what they’ll come up with next! It’s an MMO, an ever-changing always evolving game. They have over 350 Employees on hand they are obviously working on all kinds of things. Just because its not out yet doesn’t mean it’s never coming. Programming and developing is a fickle creature… who knows what they are able to do or not do, etc. Also, give the stuff a chance before you poo poo it. It’s not even out yet.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well…. someone was bound to be unhappy.

They can’t do it all in one go. Not if you want to see anything actually implemented. This won’t be their ‘only’ feature patch. It is simply the first. Had to start somewhere, and most of these changes are pretty nice, imo.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If no one liked what was being offered in the gem store, it would not generate revenue. No feature update is going to give everyone everything they want.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

I don’t get most of the above responses. Anet was pretty clear about what was going on and has been clear about it for a very long time.

They used to include features in the living story releases, together, like the account wallet. QoL updates.

They divided these, saying that they’d make a feature only patch because they wanted the focus on the living story.

These are the features that would have come out since January.

That’s what it is, and that’s what they said it was supposed to be.

Anet didn’t hype this patch nearly as much as fans did.

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

“Missed what was really needed” because the patch doesn’t feature squad commands (something that is either being worked on or is high on priority list) ?
Calling several major system improvements/changes “fluff” content ?

You might wanna think about people who are more prone to other game types, or have different priorities/preferences then you do, OP.
And please tone down the drama.. You might get the naysayers riled up, but you won’t get any sympathy points from anyone who is not warped by their bias.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

You see, everything you said is quite subjective. I personally think the biggest feature the game didn’t address at the patch are condition damage and the use of things like confusion in PvE. I rank having bigger parties and better squad command very low on my list because any time my server/guild does any serious WvW or world bosses, we go on teamspeak, which is better than anything you could place in a game because speaking is both clearer and more efficient than typing.

People have been calling for a wardrobe function since BWE as well, so it certainly isn’t exactly fluff.

Also, you didn’t consider that there’s a production cycle. Whatever is ready first gets released. Something not being in the feature patch doesn’t nessecarily mean it’s being ignored, it often just means it isn’t ready yet.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I really don’t see how the wardrobe system is going to make people spend more money on gem store. I mean, you needed stones/crystals already to change your clothing. Now that you have a wardrobe system, it’s the same exact thing but they are calling it charges now.

Just keep doing what you’ve been doing and you will not need to spend one extra cent.

If anything, now my Xmute stones will be useful because they will be able to be used towards charges and thus level 80 gear, where previously they couldn’t. I have 200+ xmute stones that are useless to me unless I want to change the look of my one alt that isn’t 80.

In the end, though, how are you being forced to spend more money. If you weren’t constantly changing your gear with xmute crystals before, then you don’t constantly change your gear with xmute charges in the future.

I mean, am I missing something here? There’s always been a cost to xmute your gear, now they’ve made it more accessible, but retained the cost. Nothing has changed except for it being more convenient.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

To further the OPs comment about grouping, I’m disappointed that we still don’t have an inspect feature to view both gear and traits on other players. Some of us care about clearing content quickly and efficiently and inspect will help us find like minded players and allow us to “play how we want”. We need a way to avoid snowflake gearing and builds.

Posted by: hip.8435

hip.8435

I was really hoping for some kind of feature that would allow for:

A.) The Guild Leader to see tiny blips of where everyone is on the entire map, without necessarily forming a party.
B.) Everyone else to see where the Guild Leader is at all times on the map. (again, regardless if you’re in his\her party or not)

That would definitely help alleviate some of the LFG issues.

Ahmrill.7512

I was really hoping for some kind of feature that would allow for:

A.) The Guild Leader to see tiny blips of where everyone is on the entire map, without necessarily forming a party.
B.) Everyone else to see where the Guild Leader is at all times on the map. (again, regardless if you’re in his\her party or not)

That would definitely help alleviate some of the LFG issues.

Anything that avoids having multiple groups running together, forcing everyone in 3rd party voice and marking a driver with a bullseye would work for me. That’s currently the best and only way to create a private or guild force in GW2. Putting a pin up that attracts an extra 30 people to a guild force defeats the the whole purpose.

There is no reason in a modern day MMO we don’t have flexible grouping by this time. We’re not talking about some fancy feature, we’re talking about basic guild grouping and custom forces.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

You forgot to mention the majority of the things introduced in this patch were suggested by the community also, the majority of the updates that set GW2 behind were also suggested by the community.

No point of blaming Anet and going with the ‘’if they listened to us, the game would be a paradise’’ argument, cause everything from ascended gear to wardrobe etc etc. were player-suggested and just becuase you didn’t suggest it, doesn’t mean other didn’t.

You have alot of valid points but they are mostly subjective.

Ahmrill.7512

You forgot to mention the majority of the things introduced in this patch were suggested by the community also, the majority of the updates that set GW2 behind were also suggested by the community.

No point of blaming Anet and going with the ‘’if they listened to us, the game would be a paradise’’ argument, cause everything from ascended gear to wardrobe etc etc. were player-suggested and just becuase you didn’t suggest it, doesn’t mean other didn’t.

I suppose it comes down to suggestions or features people want VS. the frequency of suggestions for those features. I’m sure that every single thing has been suggested by someone at some point on these forums. But some things have been asked for repeatedly and are basic fundamentals of any MMO game.

I’m a fairly consistent read and poster on these forums, and have been since early beta. Some of the things in the April 15th feature patch I’ve never seen asked for. I’m sure they have been asked for here at some point, but I didn’t see many of them. Some features NOT added are being asked for on a daily or weekly basis and are causing actual frustration for players.

I’m not saying any of the features are bad in the April 15th patch. It just doesn’t seem to be the stuff on the top of many players list of what’s REALLY needed. At least not from what I’ve read over the last 2 years.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

No – it is to add a different way to play. If you can’t see than, then maybe you shouldn’t be playing games at all.

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

I do like and welcome all the changes the patch brings, but admittedly, almost none of these were at the top of my personal list or possibly even my radar. The things that I have been wanting for the past couple years are still nowhere in sight (except for the Guild last online thing, that one counts).

I’m disappointed that they’ve still neglected some really obvious things people have been wanting since the beginning that as far as I’m aware were much more desired than many of the things we’re actually getting. I can only hope they already have another team working on another feature patch, that won’t be too far out. The other features ..if they haven’t even started work on them, that would be a kitten shame.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

No – it is to add a different way to play. If you can’t see than, then maybe you shouldn’t be playing games at all.

No he’s actually right all it does is increase their profit margin in the gem store. Dyes are now sold through the gemstore and will no longer drop in open world. The wardrobe change is yet another one.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

(edited by Travis the Terrible.4739)

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

I suppose it comes down to suggestions or features people want VS. the frequency of suggestions for those features. I’m sure that every single thing has been suggested by someone at some point on these forums. But some things have been asked for repeatedly and are basic fundamentals of any MMO game.

I’m a fairly consistent read and poster on these forums, and have been since early beta. Some of the things in the April 15th feature patch I’ve never seen asked for. I’m sure they have been asked for here at some point, but I didn’t see many of them. Some features NOT added are being asked for on a daily or weekly basis and are causing actual frustration for players.

I’m not saying any of the features are bad in the April 15th patch. It just doesn’t seem to be the stuff on the top of many players list of what’s REALLY needed. At least not from what I’ve read over the last 2 years.

Still, Gumball does have a point in that you are basing your arguments on anecdotal evidence. While you acknowledge the possibility that suggestions may have been made with your not being aware of them, you fail to provide evidence that would indicate one feature is asked more than another. Now, no one is saying you have to do an in depth statistical analysis on the posting habits of the forum members or anything.

Let’s just assume you’re right and that suggested/requested features have been ignored or put in limbo. The question now is, are these features really top priority? An even better question is, does the frequency of the request make it necessary? That is actually quite subjective. Every week you see a new thread about the trinity. Does that mean that ArenaNet should fundamentally change the game to accommodate this? Every now and then you see players asking for an inspect feature. Does every player want this? I don’t have the answers to these questions and neither will I pretend I do. It’s something for you to think about.

Ahmrill.7512

Still, Gumball does have a point in that you are basing your arguments on anecdotal evidence. While you acknowledge the possibility that suggestions may have been made with your not being aware of them, you fail to provide evidence that would indicate one feature is asked more than another. Now, no one is saying you have to do an in depth statistical analysis on the posting habits of the forum members or anything.

Let’s just assume you’re right and that suggested/requested features have been ignored or put in limbo. The question now is, are these features really top priority? An even better question is, does the frequency of the request make it necessary? That is actually quite subjective. Every week you see a new thread about the trinity. Does that mean that ArenaNet should fundamentally change the game to accommodate this? Every now and then you see players asking for an inspect feature. Does every player want this? I don’t have the answers to these questions and neither will I pretend I do. It’s something for you to think about.

Simply read over the threads as far as they go back and draw your own conclusions. I’m certainly not going to count, tally and link every thread for each specific feature that was asked/suggested for. Some requests are indeed unreasonable, changing the trinity is a core design change and I doubt it will ever happen. I do indeed see requests for inspect features quite often. Although I’m personally ambivalent to an inspect feature, it had a high player request and does not effect core design…. I would understand if they did it.

Being able to group with only your guild and ease of use/functionality shouldn’t be a chore… and they are currently. What I’m saying is meat and potatoes feature changes were ignore for many bling features and changes to increase gem store revenue.

If you took a poll or tallied what features are important to players a month ago, not a lot of the features in the big April patch would have been on there.

That was the main intent of my OP.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

(edited by Ahmrill.7512)

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

If you took a poll or tallied what features are important to players a month ago, not a lot of the features in the big April patch would have been on there.

Which is, again, your subjective opinion.
Furthermore, as Gumball tried to point out, even if it were true, would it really prove anything ?

(edited by Freeelancer.2860)

Ahmrill.7512

Furthermore, as Gumball tried to point out, even if it were true, would it really prove anything ?

Yes it certainly is my opinion.

And would it prove anything…. Hell No! It’s Anet’s game and they will continue to make changes that benefit themselves and game revenue. I’m simply pointing out, in my opinion, they dropped the ball in making changes that many players really wanted to see.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I was really hoping for Guild Halls. But it was not meant to be..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

To further the OPs comment about grouping, I’m disappointed that we still don’t have an inspect feature to view both gear and traits on other players. Some of us care about clearing content quickly and efficiently and inspect will help us find like minded players and allow us to “play how we want”. We need a way to avoid snowflake gearing and builds.

So basically you want to be able to look into peoples private information about how their character is skilled and what they wear whenever you want?

X-ray gear check, that’s new. Like this game needs more elitism.

And… how do you expect those players to “play how they want” if you are doing this? You’re forcing them to “play how you want”. Its not like they can go somewhere else to clear the same dungeon. And all LFG will use such a feature.

There are bad ideas and then there are horrific ones.

No he’s actually right all it does is increase their profit margin in the gem store. Dyes are now sold through the gemstore and will no longer drop in open world. The wardrobe change is yet another one.

Dyes are craftable, and always have been. You can also buy them with Laurels, and always could. And they have always been purchasable from the gem store.

They won’t drop in open world because after this patch some players will be making upwards of 8x (assuming one character of each class) fewer dye purchases from the TP, thus their price would drop and they would be WORTHLESS anyway.

For something to be worth money, it has to be in demand. That means the demand must exceed the supply. This game has a far better econemy than most…

Yes it certainly is my opinion.

And would it prove anything…. Hell No! It’s Anet’s game and they will continue to make changes that benefit themselves and game revenue. I’m simply pointing out, in my opinion, they dropped the ball in making changes that many players really wanted to see.

And I will also point out that without such revenue, you would not have a game to play. So it doesn’t matter if they dropped the ball. You have to decide whether you want a game to play without what you want, or no game at all.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

so agree…

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

I simply feel that ANet’s focus on their Gem Store is far too strong, although this probably stems from the fact that NCSoft takes all of the Gem Store profits and distributes them as they see fit.

It’d be nice if money spent on Guild Wars 2 actually went to Guild Wars 2 intead of financing Wildstar.

You do understand that the other NCSoft games were partially funding Guild Wars 2 while it was under development, just as Guild Wars 2 and the other NCSoft games are now each partially funding WildStar?

It’s now Guild Wars 2’s turn to contribute to NCSoft game developments. It’s a cycle.

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

Ahmrill.7512

Hannelore.8153:

And I will also point out that without such revenue, you would not have a game to play. So it doesn’t matter if they dropped the ball. You have to decide whether you want a game to play without what you want, or no game at all.

Exactly. That will determine gw2’s ultimate outcome, who sticks around. I’ve found dedicated WvW players to be some of the most passionate in the game. As new MMOs and games focusing on PvP come out we’ll see what happens over time to those players.

Anet’s focus or lack of focus on certain areas and features will be a big factor long term.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

ArenaNet: Big patch after Living Story, everyone.
Hyped: WE GETTIN’ AN EXPANSION, YO, GET HYPED!
ArenaNet: It’s not an expansion
Still Hyped: But it’s gonna be LIKE an expansion, I can read between the lines. Thanks bro!
(que hype fallout.)
Typical TrashNet, amirite?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I am surprised no new guild missions are released. I would swear that when an Anet dev explained on the forum that the feature pack would not be like an expansion he said the feature pack would contain stuff “… like new guild missions and general quality improvement…”

With Anet it seems easy to guess what they are not working on but it’s hard to guess what they are really preparing.

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

There are many things that go into what features to put in the game. One of them is whether the feature is needed and how much of a priority it is. Of course, you have other considerations like feasibility and whether the feature conflicts with the core game design. So let’s say that having a raid style group UI is high on ArenaNet’s priorities, you still have to wonder how feasible it is. After all, it took a long time to create the account wallet. Then they started on the wardrobe right after and you can see how long it’s taken.

Technical considerations aside, what about the aesthetics? Do you really want to see 40+ player health bars on your screen? One of the great things about the current minimalist UI, which many people seem to take for granted, is the lack of clutter on the screen.

Posted by: Peacenote.1698

Peacenote.1698

• A sizeable number of weapon/armour sets that aren’t just a couple of pieces, in the gem store or gated behind strange requirements. GW1 has a ton of stuff – use it!
  • Make condition damage worth using.
  • Make healing power worth using.
  • Actually balance the classes.
  • Give smaller guilds a purpose.
  • Work on some behind the scenes stuff to make large scale events not lag the hell out of those of us without superior computers/internet connections.
  • Add some permanent new content.
  • Continue the story. And by story, I mean story – not cutscenes prioritising lesbian kissing over the villain’s master plan.

Yea, I’d also opine that it’s not fair to say the feature pack is missing what’s really needed, as I can’t speak for everyone and their priorities. Chameleon Dude has a lot of good points for things that would really be exciting to see. I’ve kept the things I would be really psyched about, and to add to the list:

• New playable races/professions (I <3 alts)
  • Regarding balance, would specifically like to see improvements for Ele & Ranger
  • New maps/areas
  • Fix the Ranger Pet Name Issue (I’ve heard that will never happen…but I’ve heard dyes would never be account bound, either!)
  • Make crafting more profitable/give more reasons to craft
  • Improve searching/categorization on the Trading Post
  • Templates for traits and dyes (I’ve wanted this for so long already. I honestly don’t see how the wardrobe, dye, and trait changes were implemented without including this!)
  • Way to keep minipets from disappearing every zone change
  • More sPvP maps
  • More content great for duos/small groups
  • Pretty much everything in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/125-Features-We-Need-in-Feature-Patch

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

I am surprised no new guild missions are released. I would swear that when an Anet dev explained on the forum that the feature pack would not be like an expansion he said the feature pack would contain stuff “… like new guild missions and general quality improvement…”

With Anet it seems easy to guess what they are not working on but it’s hard to guess what they are really preparing.

I’m not surprised no new guild missions were released. Anet was 100% clear that this wasn’t a content patch. That means no content. Guild missions, dungeons, living story, personal story, that’s content. No new DEs. No new jumping puzzles.

It’s called a feature patch, because it’s not a content patch. Anet didn’t want the features to interfere with the last chapters of the living story, saved them up and they’re delivering those updates now.

That’s all this is, and it’s all it was supposed to be.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I, too, am a fairly consistent reader of, and poster on, the forums. Yet, I would never have imagined Guild grouping was the most, or even an oft-requested feature. You see, it depends on what area of the game you are interested in, I suppose.

What I do see oft-requested are things I hope don’t become part of a feature patch. Such as mounts and Open World PvP.

I also saw many, many comments about low-population maps (which were addressed in the patch) and banks brimming with skins (which was addressed).

I don’t think ArenaNet dropped the ball, at all. I think some people got just what they asked for, and some did not. Which will happen every single time the game gets a patch.

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

I quite like the UI.
And for crying out loud, a UI debate? What is this Windows 8?

I’d like to place UI elements where I want, right now it is complete kitten…

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate