Features on The Commander tag

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xerath.1984

Xerath.1984

Ever notice that the commander tag doesn’t bring you much features? Rather all i know is that it’s primary feature is to allow you to highlight to other players where you are so that maybe they can join in on what you’re doing, maybe they can add a few more features just to make the tag a little more worth the 100g it costs?

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

We’ve been asking for this since the beginning, particularly WvW players. We can’t even get them to increase the radius on /supplyinfo, which is as simple as changing one value. I’m hoping we get an overhaul in the big features release, but I’m not holding my breath.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

The main advantage is for people who don’t listen to commands and appreciate just WHY you spent 100g on a badge to have you as an excuse for their shortcomings.

Commanders – helping the playerbase expel their rage one Dorito at a time.

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

There was a full CDI on the WvW forums with LOTS of good suggestions from the players on how to improve the commander system overall … communication, organization, functionality, etc. The dev’s sole takeaway from all that time and effort was that it might be worth some time in the future investigating the possibility of maybe implementing more colors for the tags.

There you have it.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

There was a full CDI on the WvW forums with LOTS of good suggestions from the players on how to improve the commander system overall … communication, organization, functionality, etc. The dev’s sole takeaway from all that time and effort was that it might be worth some time in the future investigating the possibility of maybe implementing more colors for the tags.

There you have it.

In other words, it was a pointless exercise.

Much needs to be done to fix Commander functionality.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Wow am I getting some grief from one guy because he thought I was disrespectful as commander. I am watching enemies, barricades, golem health, my health, immobbing, and he wants me to use airs and graces. I don’t have the time!