Features that would help Guilds a lot.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Coodles.6198

Coodles.6198

I’m sure in the three years that this game has been out, that the features I’m fixing to propose has come up before. I haven’t seen any posts about them. So, if I’m treading on old territory, please let me know.

1.)A Guild Information tab/panel!

Something that the leader (or member with permissions) can use to display all pertinent info. Teamspeak/Ventrilo/etc addresses, websites the guild have made or use frequently, schedules for events or raids, etc. Right now, the only means of displaying this is the Message of the Day, which I find to be counter-intuitive to what that function is suppose to be for. With a Guild Info tab, all that stuff can always be available (which is especially handy for new members) and the Message of the Day can be used freely for actual frequent updates.

2.) A Guild Calendar!

With the raid and new types of Guild Missions coming with HoT, it looks like guilds will have more to do together than ever before. This means that there will be a lot more planning and coordinating needed to get everything done. A Guild Calendar would work wonders here.

This would be a system for Guild Leaders (or members with permissions) to post future events for all guildies to see. Members can then accept/decline/tentative their availability for the events on that date at their leisure. This would make planning and seeing who is coming to events a breeze.

That’s it for now. Tell me what you guys think. Especially any Devs that happen upon this topic.

(NA) (HoD) Leader of Cherry [BOMB]! Now recruiting new/experienced players!

(edited by Coodles.6198)

Posted by: Nannabie.6943

Nannabie.6943

Uhh yes Guild calendar! !

- And for leader to add notes on their members – like off on holiday or so.
- Making it possible to double click items to add them into the guild bank

Coodles.6198

Uhh yes Guild calendar! !

- And for leader to add notes on their members – like off on holiday or so.
-

Ah yes! Good addition! Notes for members would help wonders! I lead a smaller guild, and we like to get to know everyone and use our real names. It would be wonderful to be able to add a note to each member so that when people join, it makes it easier to remember everyone!

Posted by: Nannabie.6943

Nannabie.6943

Ya same.. I lead a guild also.. So names, appointments, place they r from, server or and what they like ingame like; wvw, pvp or so

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Guild Calendars would be an excellent idea. That way it saves officers the trouble of having to remind people of upcoming guild events.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Coodles.6198

Guild Calendars would be an excellent idea. That way it saves officers the trouble of having to remind people of upcoming guild events.

Yeah, especially as guilds grow and people have conflicting schedules.

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

+1 on the calendar

I’d like to see the ‘admin lower ranks’ being split up in ‘inviting’, ‘kicking’, ‘promoting’, ‘demoting’.

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]

Coodles.6198

+1 on the calendar

I’d like to see the ‘admin lower ranks’ being split up in ‘inviting’, ‘kicking’, ‘promoting’, ‘demoting’.

Another great idea! Never thought of splitting up admin abilities, but that would be a great quality of life improvement for higher ranks in Guilds.