February monthly

February monthly

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I love how WvW is no longer in the picture. But ANet mentioned planning on making wvw more rewarding. Can we expect a separate dailies and monthlies for wvw in the future?

Anyway I guess a better way to do the monthlies would be to lay out like 6 objectives, and you only need to finish 4 to complete the monthly?

Not for this month, but it could show back up again next month. I expect they’ll go like the dailies and change each month to some degree.

February monthly

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I’m not pleased to still see dungeons on there, but at least WvW’s gone.

February monthly

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I’ll be happier when it’s 5 dungeons or what ever WvW kills since I don’t do dungeons :/

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

February monthly

Posted by: Sirevanac.3178

Sirevanac.3178

You do realize that there’s no way to please everyone with 4 options, right?

Or, at least can ONE person tell me how can you achieve 4 things monthly with everyone happy?
This must not include the next things (cause i read in this thread someone complaining):
-spvp
-wvw
-events
-dungeons
-crafting
-fractals
-salvage

I mean, if in the monthly the requirement were to be logged 5 hours, there would be a rain of posts saying “wtf anet i cant be logged a month that much time, i have a life you know omg this is so low of your partblablabla”.

Anyway, they said they’d be implementing more options (probably for march) so stop crying please…

February monthly

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

The monthly could be reduced to kill 1 rabbit and i bet there will still be people complainting.

Kill one rabbit? That’s too easy! Fix nau!

February monthly

Posted by: Borikitty.1302

Borikitty.1302

I have a question about the February monthly. In one of the notes they mentioned they will be instituting the option of doing from a list but not all of it. I assume it’s not February then? Or are the other options hidden right now?

February monthly

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

I have a question about the February monthly. In one of the notes they mentioned they will be instituting the option of doing from a list but not all of it. I assume it’s not February then? Or are the other options hidden right now?

They said that they will be adding an option to pick what dailies you want to do from a list. I believe the example they used was if there are 6 dailies you can just pick 4 of them to complete the daily. Not sure if it’s the same for m,onthly. I’m guessing the same and no it’s not in yet.

The monthly could be reduced to kill 1 rabbit and i bet there will still be people complainting.

This actually made me laugh a good bit.

February monthly

Posted by: Borikitty.1302

Borikitty.1302

They said that they will be adding an option to pick what dailies you want to do from a list. I believe the example they used was if there are 6 dailies you can just pick 4 of them to complete the daily. Not sure if it’s the same for m,onthly. I’m guessing the same and no it’s not in yet.

This actually made me laugh a good bit.

Thanks much Hopefully it will be soon. I prefer not doing dungeons.. every PUG I’ve gotten into never finishes and I spend more time fixing my armor so I’d prefer to do things open world whenever possible. IMO obviously. And yes I’ve never finished a monthly before.. I don’t do WvW either.

February monthly

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

How about non-risen giant?

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

February monthly

Posted by: Andile.2963

Andile.2963

100 events will get done over the course of doing dailies anyway. Im after all laurels and karma I can get. That’s two out already.

500 salvages… I salvage a lot anyway but.. Curious to see if Ill need to grind some cheapos out of TP, once the rest is out of the day.

5 dungeons… Blah. Not my favourite but… Sure, I want them laurels and been meaning to get some other weapons.

February monthly

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

You’ve got to sweeten the pot a little, here. Make it 10 and you’ve got yourself a deal.

February monthly

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

18 salvages in a given day is no problem. However, 18 salvages every day without exception is asking a little much. I don’t doubt that I can do it — but there are people who don’t have the time to play every day. So, if they skip a day or two or three, they now have to make up those 18-54 salvages next time they’re online — and if they don’t, they just get even further behind and it becomes very stressful and discouraging.

When you have a task that takes x amount of hours to complete, then of course someone who can play more often will complete that task faster, and in turn will be able to accomplish more. Nothing wrong with that. However, when said task has a time limit imposed on it, it unfairly rewards some players just because they have the opportunity to play a video game more frequently than others. Is having the free time and availability to play GW2 every day for a solid month really an “achievement”?

February monthly

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

In a whiny voice :

But…but….my starting zone doesn’t have rabbits. It only has raccoons and eagles. How the kitten am I supposed to complete this outrageous achievement?!!?

February monthly

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

Best. Monthly. Ever.

No WvW!!!

To the people at Anet who decided this, thank you sooo much! I love you! This will be the first monthly I actually get, and I’ve been playing since beta.

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

February monthly

Posted by: dibarra.2439

dibarra.2439

Agreed with Lady Vireo!

So glad WvW and fractals(at least not specifically) are not included this month. I will finish it as soon as possible!

February monthly

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

no fractals or wvw kills. It’s a new day in Tyria.

I havent checked, at work, but if so then this will be the first time i get a monthly in 5 months. Yay?

February monthly

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Every other monthly has something you do along the way while playing… Now if I want to get this done I have to buy 500 whites and spend 30 minutes salvaging them. So much fun!

Or — and bear with me on this, it might sound insane — you just play the game, and all the whites and salvagable items you pickup, you salvage all of those. It’s almost like it’ll be “something you do along the way while playing”…

I know, crazy, right?

February monthly

Posted by: FallenTear.3710

FallenTear.3710

Buy 500 valuable scrap n salvage it.
I love this monthly; no fantal no jp

February monthly

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

I’m finaly ok with this monthly, I did not complete a monthly since Fractal released

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

February monthly

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I’m not pleased to still see dungeons on there, but at least WvW’s gone.

You’re complaining about anything on the list. You’d rather have a “log in this month once” monthly? Then you’d complain it costs bandwidth.

You are not required to do monthlies. They just nudge you off the beaten path. You may actually like dungeons?

This list can be done in 5 hours or so, barely a daily let alone monthly.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

February monthly

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Can we have some automatic salvaging? Because clicking 500x mouse button in very short time to do monthly can destroy many mouses.
Something like – stack of 250 something, salvaging it, it will salvage for all salvage kits you have clicked to use for. U have full stack of 25 salvage kits, co it will salvage 25 somethings for one click.
And it is good idea not only for this monthly, you often got 50 pieces of metal scrap,and if you want to salvage them you need to do 100 clicks.

February monthly

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

ye and for the 500 items salvaged you just need to buy 500 white items and 20 basic kits

What’s wrong with you people? With an average dungeon run you can probably get around 20 items to salvage per run.

With a single daily, you will score probably some 50 more.

Doing 100 events will certainly net you an average of 5 drops per event.

Bottom line. You don’t have to buy a single item for salvage from the TP to do the monthly if you just use your brain a bit.

One – Piken Square

February monthly

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

I remember to loot my kills

As a consequence I get tons of whites.

But I can’t be bothered to mess with that junk

Thanks for another unworkable monthly Anet, why not let us play the way we want to for once?

/sarcasm

What is wrong with you people?

February monthly

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

This is just depressing. I’m not interested in dungeons – I’ve never entered a dungeon that wasn’t part of a festival, and I never intend to. What has it been now – 3 or 4 monthly’s with a dungeon/fractal req? Enough already!

February monthly

Posted by: Strelok.3051

Strelok.3051

Not being forced into fractals or WvW. Good enough for me.

February monthly

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Can we have some automatic salvaging? Because clicking 500x mouse button in very short time to do monthly can destroy many mouses.

It’s like wintersday and halloween jp again. “Hurr you can’t do that because of this and that”.

Maybe you don’t know but febuary lasts for 28 days. That means that you can salvage 17 items each day and reach the goal without breaking your mouse!

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

February monthly

Posted by: Belphegor.7596

Belphegor.7596

anyone tried to do multiple pathes of the same dungeons and see if that’s count?
or you need to do 5 different dungeons?

February monthly

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

about the 5 dungans what dose that mean ?
5 dungans with all pats or just 1 path ?

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

February monthly

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

I’m just glad WvW & Fractals are out of it..

Would be funny for the rabbit or, better yet it could be ‘Login 1/1 times’ and someone would still complain..

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

February monthly

kokiman.2364

about the 5 dungans what dose that mean ?
5 dungans with all pats or just 1 path ?

Try it out

GuildWars 2

February monthly

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

Yay, suffer thru 5 dungeons for 10 laurels.

‘Play the game the way you want to’. My kitten.

February monthly

kokiman.2364

suffer

We play the same game?

GuildWars 2

February monthly

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

suffer

We play the same game?

Yes and no. It’s like all the people who complained about wvw kills I the monthly. Being a wvw player that was the easiest part for me to finish and had no complaint about it, but I’m not a fan of the dungeons not just this game just in general I’m not really a scripted pve player.

That’s why I’m a fan of multiple paths to completion and hope it comes out soon. I understand pve players don’t want to do wvw and honestly I want them in wvw as much as they want me in a dungeon.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

February monthly

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

am i the only one who dislikes 100 event participation? :|

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

February monthly

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

Way better than the old Monthly, but I think 500 items salvaged is too high. That’s about 1-2g of lost profits. Drop it to 250 items salvaged and I’d be 100% satisfied.

February monthly

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

No WvW? Nice
No FotM? Awesome
Dungeons? Are you kittening kidding me?
Can we have WvW back plz. Even with the crashes every time a zerg appear or a total lack of skill is really easy to complete but dungeons? With all the segregation? With the policy of Guardian/Warrior only? C’mon

Not sure if serious? Gaurd/Warr only???

We completed the monthly dungeons with 2 ele’s/necro/ranger/mesmer without a death. Why guard/warr?

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

February monthly

Ruprect.7260

anyone tried to do multiple pathes of the same dungeons and see if that’s count?
or you need to do 5 different dungeons?

Yes I did all 3 AC paths last night and got 3 dungeon runs toward the Monthly.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

February monthly

Ruprect.7260

I’m just glad WvW & Fractals are out of it..

Would be funny for the rabbit or, better yet it could be ‘Login 1/1 times’ and someone would still complain..

Here you go from another thread, that is what this guy wants:

I’ve never really been a fan of daily tasks honestly.

If it were up to me, dailies would be totally based upon what the player wants to do.

Say you log on, and all you want to do is check out the TP, or maybe you want to go run a couple dungeons, no prob! If that’s not your cup of tea, no worries. You could do some map exploration, level some alts, or play some pvp. Anyone could do any of these and still be credited with daily rewards, and it’s really pretty simple.

Currently, the average daily shouldn’t take more than an hour for even the most casual players. So, instead of making dailies requiring to do x, y, and z…just simply make them time based.

You log in and play for one hour, and do what YOU the player wants to do. Congratulations!! You just earned your daily.

Problem solved

[TC] Tarnished Coast

February monthly

Posted by: Zoey Hellry.7298

Zoey Hellry.7298

Very reasonable. It offers just the right amount of challenge. When was a ch challenge ever easy? Should monthly’s be anything other than challenging. This is why it is called a monthly. It defines what should be able to be completed in approximately a month. When they put the WvW kills requirements in I know that is harder task for me because I am a pver. But, I say to myself, “this is a monthly achievement, why should it be easy.”

I like when ANET makes me explore other aspects of this game and rewards me for going out of my comfort zone.

Keep up the good work ANET. I am a very happy customer.

February monthly

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

For dungeons can you do 5 x path 1 or do you have to do all paths 5 times?

February monthly

Ruprect.7260

For dungeons can you do 5 x path 1 or do you have to do all paths 5 times?

1 path = 1 dungeon completion

[TC] Tarnished Coast

February monthly

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

I was pretty surprised to see how easily achievable it should be this month. If you hate dungeons I suppose you’re still SoL but then, I’m afraid I’m one of those annoying folks who think that if you don’t enjoy something in a game you probably just shouldn’t do it (unless, of course, there’s some tradeoff that makes it worth your time). Which I suppose is why I’ve only ever completed the monthly once since the game started.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

February monthly

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

I really hope in the future they add the “choose 4 out of 6” for the monthly as well as daily achievements.

Although I have nothing against the achievements as they are now, I actually do agree that this would be a big improvement. Looking forward to the addition of more choice.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

February monthly

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

You people won’t be happy until all monthlies and dailies read

Do whatever you bloody well feel like 0-100

The entire point of monthlies/dailies is to specifically nudge you toward doing different things each day/month, not to function as a passive reward system just for logging in.

The fact that monthlies/dailies regularly include things people don’t do is a sure indicator that they’re actually working as intended, and the numbers for this month are a good move toward “try” rather than “farm” so I’m not sure what all the complaining is about.

You don’t do dungeons, the monthly is designed to make you want to try a couple. If you don’t like it it wasn’t as if you had to grind them mercilessly (nor was the seven fractals, which was even faster than 5 dungeons) but hey, you humored the developers, tried the content, and got rewarded for it.

Salvages keep showing up because I feel like Anet is confused at how little people salvage compared to the first game. problem is, salvaging was the only expedient method to gain resources in the first game, while in GW2 we have gathering which has a fixed and reliable gain versus cost.

I’ll salvage 500 things, but honestly, if you want to move more of the resource income to salvages like GW1, you only need to increase resource gain from salvaging.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

February monthly

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

You people won’t be happy until all monthlies and dailies read

Do whatever you bloody well feel like 0-100

The entire point of monthlies/dailies is to specifically nudge you toward doing different things each day/month, not to function as a passive reward system just for logging in.

The fact that monthlies/dailies regularly include things people don’t do is a sure indicator that they’re actually working as intended, and the numbers for this month are a good move toward “try” rather than “farm” so I’m not sure what all the complaining is about.

You don’t do dungeons, the monthly is designed to make you want to try a couple. If you don’t like it it wasn’t as if you had to grind them mercilessly (nor was the seven fractals, which was even faster than 5 dungeons) but hey, you humored the developers, tried the content, and got rewarded for it.

Salvages keep showing up because I feel like Anet is confused at how little people salvage compared to the first game. problem is, salvaging was the only expedient method to gain resources in the first game, while in GW2 we have gathering which has a fixed and reliable gain versus cost.

I’ll salvage 500 things, but honestly, if you want to move more of the resource income to salvages like GW1, you only need to increase resource gain from salvaging.

What I want is one month where it’s basically just open world PvE stuff.

Note that I said one month. Not all the time. One month.

If they did that, they could even have a month devoted to just WvW and a month devoted to just Dungeons. And I’d be fine. Because I know my month is coming up or had come up. And that this gives something to those who prefer those things.

I get the trying of new things. But it doesn’t take 5 dungeon runs to know if that’s your thing or not. And it excludes anyone who doesn’t get 5 days out of the month to spend a few hours at the computer. That’s not a bad thing since other months won’t have dungeon components. And it gives those that do know that dungeons are there thing one easy monthly requirement since they’ll get that in the first week of the month.

February monthly

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

I just find it funny that the monthly requires enough salvages to earn the “Agent of Entropy” achievement 2.5 times. Too bad they’re going to be adjusting the achievement points that one hands out

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

February monthly

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

Well why should I have to look for a rabbit!? That’s not part of my play style /s

80 ele
Yaks Bend

February monthly

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

You’ve got to sweeten the pot a little, here. Make it 10 and you’ve got yourself a deal.

I don’t kill giants though. It’s not part of my playstyle.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

February monthly

Posted by: Latria.4871

Latria.4871

Ok, I looked at the UI for the monthly, then opened the achievement panel and looked, and I am seeing 2 different completion amounts. Which is the correct one? Hoping the panel on since it’s about 1/5 of the UI one..lol

February monthly

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

Best. Monthly. Ever.

No WvW!!!

To the people at Anet who decided this, thank you sooo much! I love you! This will be the first monthly I actually get, and I’ve been playing since beta.

Now, let me give a different point of view. The Monthly Achievement for WvW takes less than 2 hours (conservative estimate) — there have been times when I finished it in 30 minutes.

When you consider the time investment compared to completing 5 dungeon runs, this is a much bigger imbalance. In my experience, the number of people who participate in WvW versus Dungeon runs makes this achievement a chore.