February update wasn't suposed to be large?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Heya. I don’t want to sound rude, I love the things coming to the game this month.

But also, I remember the DEVs said several times that February/March Updates would be the biggest the game as ever had, I remember some post on forum/Reddit AMA saying “biggest than all 2012 updates together”.

Now I see at the update page, and… It’s just that or it is incomplete?
Or the “big” update of this month was delayed?

Anyway i’m happy with the update anyways, just that thing the DEVs said it was going to be huge, as they said to January was a “Small Update” (words of the DEVs).

Sorry my english

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

(edited by Max Lexandre.6279)

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I’m pretty sure they said that:

• It would be an expansions worth with all combined
  • CJ then said that that was in terms of features
  • They also said that the Jan update would be relatively small

I can’t remember them saying that it would be the biggest, or bigger than all 2012 updates.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Big Boss.7902

Big Boss.7902

I don’t know, but the last patch we got was over 1Gb, and to me ingame it doesn’t seem like a Gb was added. So I’m really sure.
Maybe the guild missions will make up a big part of the content – but they don’t seem to be very hyped up?

M Norn War Thror McCaw| F Norn Ele Lana Lan| M Charr Guard True Devil| F Norn Rang Shora
Swift| M Norn Mes Ludicrous Larry| F Norn War Tanni Wolfmaster| M Sylvari Necro Orin Storm|
M Human Thief Clint Elmwood| M Norn Guard Thor Lightning God| Desolation.

Max Lexandre.6279

I’m pretty sure they said that:

• It would be an expansions worth with all combined
  • CJ then said that that was in terms of features
  • They also said that the Jan update would be relatively small

I can’t remember them saying that it would be the biggest, or bigger than all 2012 updates.

In Reddit one AMA last one, they said it would be “January update as an preparation to the huge updates coming next months, that’s why it was a small update”. In that same AMA DEVs said it was going to be bigger than all updates that existed till now (2012 ones).

Asura thing.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Well it does say that the february patch is the Second of a Four part installment.

Max Lexandre.6279

Well it does say that the february patch is the Second of a Four part installment.

Of Living Story? I hope for more content in that stories, the first part was something I can’t understand, too little content for a month.

About Big Updates I hope they come, for now It looks the 2012 Updates was bigger, this can’t be bigger than the fractals one for example. Sure it wont, at least by what it says in the update page.

Asura thing.

Posted by: Darkdanjal.3401

Darkdanjal.3401

There is a new PvP map coming, guild missions are coming and in as for january they said it was a PRELUDE, countless of bugs were fixed, most people are so inpatience these days…give it some time will ya :-)

Darkdanjal

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Of Living Story? I hope for more content in that stories, the first part was something I can’t understand, too little content for a month.

About Big Updates I hope they come, for now It looks the 2012 Updates was bigger, this can’t be bigger than the fractals one for example. Sure it wont, at least by what it says in the update page.

They said the updates in total would be bigger. Not each individual one.

And this month’s story content was a prelude. Think of it as an author releasing a few lines of his latest book.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Max Lexandre.6279

They said the updates in total would be bigger. Not each individual one.

And this month’s story content was a prelude. Think of it as an author releasing a few lines of his latest book.

But even prelude there must be new content. It isn’t like, one month that quest to help people… When the next update comes, people already lost their track of the story.

What I mean, if they want this Living Story to work, there must be enough content to play for a month, since the updates are monthly. And not doing all in 1 day, and wait 1 month for next content.

Asura thing.