(Feedback) Ironclad Outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

This works nicely on human females. Haven’t tested other females yet, because after dyeing it for two of them my next alt up in rotation to pick a color scheme was a male sylvari. I didn’t even bother to dye it on him because I was too busy flashing back to the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man, and laughing and saying Oh Hell No. I promise the dyes in the shot below look very elegant on the Lyssa Outfit.

I include a shot of a gold tones palette for human female, to illustrate the difference here. The dye channels are well thought out for female. The armor studs do tend to take a flat tone so if you go for bright gold, red, blue etc you get a gaudy plastic effect. I have yet to try asura and charr … it should be interesting.

Attachments:

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yah. It’s nice. Charr look good in it and Asura.

I wish the female version didn’t have yet another butcape.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Donari.5237

As I move along I will agree it is cute on Asura (male at least). I would not have so much white showing but as the same dye scheme works really well on a lot of outfits for this guy I elected to keep it for ease of swapping.

Another comment on the female version: Boob plates. These are actively dangerous to the wearer. But I can overlook that thanks to the full coverage of the rest. It’d be nice to see this without the butt cape, agreed, though I think it integrates well enough on this outfit.

Attachments:

Just a flesh wound.3589

I noticed that Sylvari tend to have “puffed out” armor and outfits, which is probably why it looked so peculiar on yours. Male norn aren’t so bad. Although it might be different if it was a max weight male norn. A picture of that would be interesting.

Here is a pic from Dulfy. Male norn.

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

How can a Sylvari move in that? :s Hope it’s powered with a Fusion Core, otherwise it’d be impossible.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Imagine if you could use the gas mask skin with that outfit or something close to that. Reminds me of another game.

Doggie.3184

Imagine if you could use the gas mask skin with that outfit or something close to that. Reminds me of another game.

If only GW2 Outfits worked like GW1 Outfits.

Donari.5237

Here it is on Male Human (another lol nope) and Female Charr (not too shabby, horns and ears aren’t amputated, though the tail base is odd. It sort of liquid-metal seals around the tail and globs around with the tail swish).

Attachments:

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

It looks like Baymax from Big Hero 6

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

Donari.5237

GussJr, I tried to get that with all celestial on a norn, didn’t quite gel. But that made me want to do it up in all silver and go around saying “Klaatu Barada Nictu” at people.

Attachments:

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The fact that all outfits share the same dyes is one of the major things putting me off getting more outfits. Especially because it’s so inconsistent – to my mind the first slot should always apply to the biggest areas, and the last one should apply to the smallest bits, but as far as I can tell there is no consistency between outfits.

As a result I have a hard time finding colour schemes that suit my character and look good across all the outfits, even just the 4 I have. And if I have to change the dye scheme each time I swap it loses a big part of the functionality because it takes so much more time. Either way I do it sticking to just 1 outfit per character makes more sense, and as a result I don’t get any others.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

I previewed on my human female and thought, "Oh, looks pretty nice with her color scheme. " Went on to preview it with my placeholder human male and snorted my soda out of my nose.

OP’s looks like Stay Puft Marshmallow man, mine looks like Juggernaut.

Edit: I feel like there should be wheels on the bottom of the male version to allow for movement.

Attachments:

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

(edited by DragonflyDusk.6582)

Posted by: James Quall.6029

James Quall.6029

This works nicely on human females. Haven’t tested other females yet, because after dyeing it for two of them my next alt up in rotation to pick a color scheme was a male sylvari. I didn’t even bother to dye it on him because I was too busy flashing back to the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man, and laughing and saying Oh Hell No. I promise the dyes in the shot below look very elegant on the Lyssa Outfit.

I love how the sylvari looks like he is trapped in a water heater but the human’s outfit manages to perfectly fit every curve and contour of her body despite being made of heavy plating and rivets. I wonder why that might be!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Confirmation that the next expac involves tyranids!

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

I love how the sylvari looks like he is trapped in a water heater but the human’s outfit manages to perfectly fit every curve and contour of her body despite being made of heavy plating and rivets. I wonder why that might be!

Might be because the outfit design team are sexist/anti feminism.

I guess we can leave it to games like Bloodborne/Souls Series to get armor right between the two genders.

Doggie.3184

Because it’s hard being a male in today’s world. Females get far more privileges in video games.

Posted by: Blackhearted.1264

Blackhearted.1264

It’s a rather boring looking outfit tbh. But i guess it’ll please the people who go into a seething rage every time they see any skin.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It reminds me of pre heresy warhammer 40K space marine armor.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

OK on charr, good on Asura (without helmet only), good on humanoid females, rediculous on humanoid males. Interesting outfit.
Now imagine male norn thief with that…

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Just a flesh wound.3589

OK on charr, good on Asura (without helmet only), good on humanoid females, rediculous on humanoid males. Interesting outfit.
Now imagine male norn thief with that…

So tempted now to make a max height, max width Male Norn just for that outfit.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Scalyon.7028

Scalyon.7028

New from the Michelin tire company: Michelin Man Armor! LOL such fail…

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

grats anet for making the stupidest armor skin ive seen in years! gem store outfits just get better and better

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

That is what I was thinking when I saw the Human, Norn, and Sylvari male version of this outfit. Not sure I would go so far as to call it a fail, but it certainly isn’t very appealing to me. At least they separated the outfit from the glider this time instead of making it a bundle. Not that I will be buying either.

Attachments:

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

is it always “bulky” even if your character is “slim”?

also it kinda reminds me of ac dungeon armor

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Space Marine comes to mind.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Margol.3267

Margol.3267

One of best looking outfits love it! Got one for my asura thief he looks great! It reminds me of Space marines from Starcraft (marine rush).

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s nice, classic plate armor. So much so I expect to see it as a decoration in a hall somewhere.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

is it always “bulky” even if your character is “slim”?

also it kinda reminds me of ac dungeon armor

Yes.

This is what it looks like on the thinnest male sylvari body type (and I picked a sylvari because I always think their thinnest body type is smaller than the humans.

Attachments:

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Geneticide.6987

Geneticide.6987

Looks “okay” on females, really stupid looking shoulder plate though.
Looks downright comical on males as the posts here show.

Overall it’s like anet wanted to make an ironman outfit but picked the fat version where he battles Hulk instead of the actual proper one. Cool in movies, downright idiotic in fashion wars 2.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Oh yay, more butt capes.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Its terrible, a bad copy of the Warhammer 40K space marine armour.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I personally like how they made a different female human version but didnt bothered to make to adjust the helm for charr horns (holes..).. Not sure how i am supposed to call it. Any advice?

Ps. for that reason alone i wont get it.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

That is what I was thinking when I saw the Human, Norn, and Sylvari male version of this outfit. Not sure I would go so far as to call it a fail, but it certainly isn’t very appealing to me. At least they separated the outfit from the glider this time instead of making it a bundle. Not that I will be buying either.

10/10 literally this. So much this. I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw the pic because it’s spot on.

Posted by: superherofan.8042

superherofan.8042

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that thought of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man when I saw this on the human males. I tried on my Norn female, and it looked gorgeous. Seriously, if the same design was used for the male version (my main) as was used for the human female, it would have been an instant buy. Please, please, please, stop making the male versions so bulky.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Well, looks like another non-sale as far as I’m concerned. I’ll complement the artist on (finally) producing something that is not ridiculously ornate/busy, but the butt cape puts me off for females, and the male version looks like someone put quilting on the original iron man suit.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I buy outfits mainly to get rid of leather armor buttcaps, and some heavy armor limitations, but the last few outfits have had some form of buttcap.

T_T

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Reading this thread has made me grin exactly like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

Nope…still think Baymax…

Attachments:

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

I laughed at the obligatory buttcape. And then stopped laughing when I previewed it on a male toon.

And then I laughed again.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I have no human/norn toons, ’cause I see no reason to play ’em when Charr, Asura, and Sylvari exist.

I think it looks good on Charr and Asura.

~EW

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Reminds me of Piros from .hack’s ps2 game series

Attachments:

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

My first thought – Big Hero 6 (no buy for me even if the fit was good on charr). Still waiting for more (good looking) druid/shaman/tribal themed stuff – like Melandru etc…

Kima & Co

Posted by: Noa.7490

Noa.7490

My first thought was that it looked like the love child between a Warhammer marine armor and Robbie the robot.

Just a flesh wound.3589

It looks good on male Asura. Fits well and is a nice basic suit of armor. But on other humanoid males, OMG ANet!

Y u make such bad armor???

#downwithpuffyoversizedarmorrabblerabble

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

It looks like Baymax from Big Hero 6

LOL my first thought when I saw this.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I think it looks funny, and that is good.
BUT, it is an outfit, so no, thank you.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

I really like the female version of it. It has a sort of “classic” look to it.

The male version… not so much.

Attachments:

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yah the female version is nicely detailed and fits the form. There’s a design on the leggings and even the butt cape isn’t as bad as it could be, since its cut so it doesn’t kick up oddly when you run and has a design on the back.

But the guy’s? Except for the bolts it might as well belong to a different outfit and looks like it was designed separately by people who had never saw the female version, just read a rough description.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

I laughed at the obligatory buttcape. And then stopped laughing when I previewed it on a male toon.

And then I laughed again.

Hey, at least male version doesn’t have high heels or some weird cups stuck to their chests. :/

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

(edited by Marge.4035)