[Feedback]Path of Fire Elite Specialization Preview - August 18-20

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Osby.5390

Osby.5390

I found it very hard to test the elite specs on golems 60 other people were hitting at the same time and I don’t like wvw or pvp so testing them in wvw was really hard for me.

Soulbeast -I do not like the direction your taking for Ranger with dagger (melee) seems odd to me and its not my preferred play style so I wont be maining Ranger unless there is a cool build with a bow for Soulbeast, also don’t really like loosing the pets but I understand some people wanted that option.

Firebrand – I liked the mantra’s and I like the axe on Guardian but i was hoping it had some sort of mystical attack that attacked at a short range not melee range so I do not know if Ill be using axe on my Guardian yet. I’m happy with the direction of condi but Firebrand will need to apply more than just fire to enemy as they can just cleanse one condi off real quick and easy.

Elementalist – was cool animations but felt very lackluster damage wise and I’m not sure if I’m keen to take light Armour classes to that close range to the enemy.

Scourge – was my favorite I will be totally rocking a scourge on release instead of Reaper. Damage was good but some of the range on skills needed to be adjusted I think. Love they have a portal as well now.

Holosmith -was really cool and fun I liked the Holosmith a lot. Very nice animations. Decent damage on some of the skills too. I never really liked Engineer until now.

Renegade – I was really excited for as I really couldn’t stand the Revenant class but now they are getting short bow I was hoping to play with mine for a change. Concept I love but needs a bit of tuning on the damage, mobility and condi – cleansing. I actually like the summon skills thought they were original and neat looking.

Deadeye – was pretty cool too, will take some practice to not get ganked while crouching though that was a bad experience lol. I’ve always wanted a sniper so I’m totally going there when we get POF.

Mirage – wasn’t really impressed with Mirage TBH but I did not spend much time on it, I’ve always loved Mesmers for the utility and support they bring to Tyria like the portal’s for JP’s etc but Mesmer damage is very bad as it stands currently.

Spellbreaker- did not even test it, cant stand warrior class period as I find them very clunky and slow.

(edited by Osby.5390)

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Since the second weekend post isn’t up yet (or at least since I couldn’t find it) here goes:

Soulbeast: Feels very fiddly (this is going to be a theme, be warmed) and ultimately feels like I can do more as a core ranger (at least could have until you nerfed them). And the few things they did well I see you guys taking that away with the quickness so yeah.

Firebrand: OMG those boons! Its crazy how many boons they can just hand out. Good thing there isn’t anyway to get all those boons suddenly and instantly stripped and no way to apply more boons for a god awful long time. I mean, that’d be silly. Right?

Spellbreaker: Oh, so you like your boons? Not in my house. Oh and your projectiles. Yup, and your ability to use your skills. Nothing wrong here. /sarcasm

Deadeye: Don’t look, don’t look, don’t look – BAM oh you thought you had health. Nope, me and one skill took care of that. Managed to dodge it? OK, I’ll just plink at you and keep going stealth until I can hit you for over 10K again. On my one skill.
That is unless you’re a Spellbreaker.

Yolosmith: BLARGGBLPPTTHHH, damage for everyone. Sure I might die soon after, but everyone is going with me. Eeeeeeveryone. Basically just a walking nuke with mommy issues.

Scourge: Another way for Necro to pass around condition damage? Where do I sign up??? Oh, and barrier, the only thing Spellbreakers can’t strip.

Weaver: Imagine getting in your car and someone made it so your gas pedal was now your brake and your brake was now youre gas pedal and then flipped your blinkers. That’s weaver. Familiar, but not.

Reneyawns: So boring I have nothing witty to say.

Mirage: Took me forever to get the feel for this class’ new mechanic and I’m just…wow. Basically only worthwhile to camp scepter, make clones, dodge and hit one. Maybe shatter occasionally. Basically mesmer with a cool skill that you need twitch reflexes to even hit half the time.

Basically you gave some classes some very cool boon creation and sharing skills which will mean nothing if there are two spellbreakers coordinating their elites against you, which means one class can neuter most of the others group effectiveness in PvP/WvW scenarios, all while you have holosmith going ham on anything that moves, and if you manage to somehow both escape its onslaught and the spellbreaker stun locking you, you have to hope you’ve noticed the orange beam of doom and have enough dodge left in you to time the big hit from the stealthing death monkey with the rifle behind you. I’m sure Renegade and Mirage will be out there doing something useful, maybe.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: TheUndefined.1720

TheUndefined.1720

Just my 2 cents / I know it’s too late to really change anything, but here it goes…

Feedback from a returning / newbie player:

Holosmith: Feels great to do substantial damage on engineer, easy to pick up, very smooth gameplay.

Deadeye: Same as holosmith, unique gameplay and my personal favorite, hard to integrate rifle / kneel with other thief weapons.

Scourge: Fun, fast, looks challenging to master, very smooth gameplay.

Ele spec: Too complicated and clunky, I probably won’t play it

Guardian spec: Super clunky, didn’t feel well integrated with skills, not fun, slow, sticking with dragonhunter maybe… Mantras were great, losing virtues for kits.. ahem, books took away any speed guardian has in fights imo = clunky

Soulbeast: …why? Ranger = pet, you took it away, nice option for some, didn’t understand it and skills were very underwhelming for losing a tank / dps. Support pets seemed viable for the loss of pet.. maybe.

Mesmer / Mirage: Didn’t understand it, very underwhelming, confusing with mirrors (but actually they were images of mirages?). Added survivability is nice, but at the cost of a spec tree… just seemed weak overall.

Warrior / Revanant: Didn’t test / I don’t play those classes

(edited by TheUndefined.1720)

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

The problem is not only Renegade, but core Revenant itself. It now needs a damage buff and condi cleanse.

And please don’t misunderstand me, Renegade is terrible indeed (stun break on heal, huge energy costs, F-skills with also huge energy costs going to mess with all legends, cooldowns on all skills and so on), but fixing it won’t solve most of the problem that core Revenant will have in PoF with the condi craze and the boonrips. Basically Mallyx is indirectly nerfed, as well as Glint, since there is a lot more boon corruption around. And since every new spec outputs like 4 conditions on every skill, our 2 condi cleanse on Jalis is garbage.

#100words

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Posted by: will de grijze jager.6594

will de grijze jager.6594

lot of traits and skill would work in 1 game mode, but in the other it wouldn’t. Best option is to skill/trait split and balance it with each mode. I know that will be a lot of work, but it will be better for balance. In the long rune it will be easier to balance if you guys split everything between game modes.

Posted by: Thiazi.1250

Thiazi.1250

Well, now that I have had time to collect my thoughts, I’ve got feedback on the Holosmith. For reference, Engineer is one of my two most played classes, and I primarily play PvE content. Sorry in advance for the well more than 100 word wall of text.

First off, Holomsith really doesn’t feel like an Engineer at all. It really feels like some other class poorly stapled onto Engineer. Part of this is because the traitline is exclusively about the new Forge, offering next to no synergy with other traitlines (there’s the Explosive skill fact on some things, and that’s basically it). The fact that Forge is so powerful and locks out kits, also tries to discourage usage of kits, which further distances it from core Engineer. And then the sword and Exceeds scale off of heat, so it receives more benefit from those skills compared to those available to base Engineer. On top of that, it loses the thing that really makes Engineer play distinct from other classes: no cooldown on kit swaps or limited time in a kit/shroud/transformation. Forge locks you out of your weapon and kits for 6 seconds, heat softlocks you out of Forge, and the heat scaling on sword/Exceeds discourages using those skill if you’re over the threshold.

Furthermore, and most importantly, it doesn’t actually add anything new to Engineer. Holosmith isn’t bringing anything besides moar dps, and dps is one area in which Engineer wasn’t lacking. Photon Forge is essentially just a super-kit, not a really new or interesting thing. The kit lockout won’t stop the meta Engineer build in raids or fractals from using kits— either kits will fill the time while Forge is cooling off, or Forge will fill the time you’re waiting for kit cooldowns. Even in casual play, it doesn’t offer some new kitless Engineer build— that could already be done, and Scrapper was good for that already. And, as mentioned, Forge is like a kit, so it doesn’t even feel like a kitless build.

TL;DR: Holosmith feels like it’s intentionally tossing out part of the Engineer’s identity for bigger numbers. It’s one dimensional, and that dimension was an area where Engineer already excelled. Elite specializations were advertised as allowing classes to fill new roles, and, at least in PvE, Holosmith fails miserably on that front.

I understand that my problems with Holosmith are with the basic design premises of the spec; you can’t even begin address them without going back to square one and creating something completely new. So, in lieu of asking for changes, I ask this: please try to make Engineer’s third elite specialization something that feels more true to core Engineer , and have said elite specialization open up a new role for the class.

(edited by Thiazi.1250)

Posted by: Neeja.4579

Neeja.4579

RENEGADE
Sorry if that’s over 100 words.

Basically huge energy costs on every utility skill and also F-skills make this legend unusable (2 skills, swap, use decent legend, reswap, 2 skills, wait for swap cd, repeat).

Shortbow is decent but bugged, traits are good but not really synergic with core Rev.

Healing skill with stun break is terrible, doesn’t heal much and you basically have to waste your heal if you stunbreak or your stunbreak if you heal.

Also phantasm animations are clunky, Icerazor doesn’t chill (that would have synergy with Mallyx) and most importantly: those costly “wells” can be killed or cc’d, and also have cooldowns on top of energy cost.

On top of that, Rev was already hit pretty heavily by nerfs over the past 2 years, mainly because of PvP pre-split. Given that PoF meta will be all about condi and boonrip, Revenant will be basically unusable, having no condi cleanse and relying heavily on boons with Herald or Resistance with Mallyx.

Also no underwater Jalis and Glint/Kalla for no reason. Come on, you made 40 skills for Weaver, plus underwater.

SUGGESTIONS
- Remove energy cost on F-skills, replacing it with cooldowns. This way the core legends won’t be disrupted.
- Remove cooldowns and lower energy costs on Kalla’s skills.
- Summons should be invulnerable, or at least with way more HP and immune to CC.
- Icerazor should Chill.
- Invocation trait should remove 2 conditions, Jalis should cleanse 3.
- Make Mallyx Resistance impossible to strip or corrupt, otherwise Mallyx is dead in PvP and WvW.
- Add at least Jalis for underwater. It has just 1 ground targeted skills, come on.
- Revert some of the nerfs that were made before the PvP split (like on Sword-3 and Shield-5).

(edited by Neeja.4579)

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

• If pet is on passive, exiting BM would require you to press F1 again. Although not much to do, but believe it or not, Soulbeast is a mechanically tiring spec that involves a lot of pet micromanagement to be successful (Unless you camp BM form and pew-pew away). Maybe It’s just me but sometimes I forget to press f1 again and pet will be idle.

Worldly Impact

• A very good skill, sadly against competent opponents, this skill is very hard to land. The Smokescale BM KD will not be enough to do it. They would have to have 0 dodges or stun breakers. This skill is also easily interruptible.
    Another thing is that it is a leap finisher. We have so much leap finishers and with this skill being stationary, it just doesn’t make any sense.

Suggestion: Make it ground targeted like engie rifle. This way, we have better chances of hitting with it, can be used as a gap closer or disengage. Making it a blast finisher would be better, but having it as a leap finisher with ground targeted is also okay.

Smoke Assault (BM mode)

• With the amount of CC in PvP right now, this skills is easily negated with by a single random AoE CC.

Suggestion: Make it an evade, like the tooltip says. Not only that this would increase our sustain but also our dps making sure it would hit. Another little thing they could do is fix the pathing.

Dagger Mainhand

• The problem with this is that 1st: The damage is really low. Yes, people would say it is a condi weapon but even with that, it scales very poorly with the power stat. 2nd. There is nothing happening much with this weapon aside from poison and bleeds. The AA should be enough for condi application. #2 Should offer something different. 3rd. Instinctive Engage needs to be an evade, if Not, there is no reason not to use sword. The only thing its missing is bleeding.

Suggestion: Make it scale with power a little bit better. Make the 2nd attack do something else like torment, rip or steal a 2 boons when it hits or something. There is just too much poison and bleeds, very unoriginal. Make #3 an evade, this would boost our sustain a bit more.

Stout Pets

• Stout pets have the best f3 especially combined with the black bear. Well here is the issue, Pet Selection. Other than the BM, un-melded versions of this pet are all useless in pvp. This is like gimping yourself outside of BM with only 1/2 of your pets being competent.

Suggestion: Make the pet selection a little bit more useful. I would personally move Electric Wyvern here so I could use the CC and Cleaves outside of BM. Electric Drake is another, its F2 is years better than the Ice Drake.

One Wolf Pack

• Two issues with this. 1st. Effect is meh at best. 2nd which is the biggest offender: Global ICD.

Suggestion: Other than damage, successful hits should proc another effect like maybe cleanse a condition, rip a boon, heal. etc. Then, Change global ICD to per Target ICD <—- With this change, the elite can also be used with our AoE like traps, bonfires, etc. Which help really well in node fights, cleaving downed, etc.

Leader of the Pack

• Main issue here is that you have to slot in a GM trait just to share the stances, this might be good elsewhere but in PvP, not so much. The trait by itself is too much an investment for a mediocre effect considering only 2 of our stances are worth taking at the moment.

Suggestion: Either make it “Initial effects of stances affect your allies too for half the duration (i.e. Dolyak also breaks their stuns and grant boons)” or “Activating a stance converts 2 conditions to boons. Radius 360” This way it would really be a support-centric GM and will help manage conditions on the Soulbeast line.

Oppressive Superiority

• Absolutely horrible PvP trait. Especially if you can compare it to these traits.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Close_to_Death
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swift_Termination
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Executioner
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bolt_to_the_Heart

Suggestion: Make it better. Condition duration is absolutely useless. This trait is just the same as Light on your feet with a different trigger. Possibly make it like “Increase Condition Damage and Damage by 15% when target is below the threshold” or “Increase Damage and Condition Damage by 10% if target is below the treshold and Pulse Fury every 2 seconds” This way it can synergize with both condition and remorseless builds. Synergizes with Furious Strength too.

Eternal Bond

• This trait is on such a high CD to make it worthwhile and protection is too dull on the proc. Dead or alive is simply a much superior trait considering it’s a master and only on 30 seconds CD!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dead_or_Alive

Suggestion: Reduce the CD to at least 60 seconds and make it “Give you and your allies protection every time you go out of beast mode”. That way the trait is still useful outside of the 60 seconds.

It’s similar to this one: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beyond_the_Ve

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Moa Stance

• The thing with this one is that, Fury and Swiftness are boons that we sooo much of. You can get perma fury via Skirmishing Line, Tiger pet more fury from Wilderness Knowledge, Strength of the pack, Soulbeast line, etc. Swiftness is the same with shouts, Skirmishing line, WH has both fury and swiftness. The effect is not very good as well. The Soulbeast line has similar boon effects like Essence of speed.

Suggestion: Change fury to Resistance and Swiftness to maybe Quickness That way we can gain boons that we don’t normally get, After all, You have to trait into the tree anyway. Then maybe have a mini effect that is Gain barrier for 4 seconds which again we have no access to.

Predator’s Cunning

• This is an okay trait but to weak imo for a master slot.

Suggestion: In addition to the primary effect, maybe give “Allies siphon health from hitting a poisoned foe” Aura effect.

Similar to:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vampiric_Presence

But again the target has to be poisoned.

Thoughts?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Anyone who liked original tomes wouldn’t like the new tomes since they function completely differently, and thus defeats the point of bringing back tomes in the first place. Aesthetically the new tomes don’t even look like the old tomes, so why even call them tomes. As a fan of tomes, I felt brushed aside when they were removed, and seeing them return in this state is insulting, because it’s clear the devs don’t give two kittens about the players who actually liked tomes in the first place.

Purely mechanically speaking, firebrand doesn’t function properly either due to lack of range (such as mantras in PvE), or due to a lack of a way to defend itself (mobility, range, tankiness, etc) in PvP and potentially WvW. Overall, it’s very clunky and the spec should’ve been designed around tomes rather than tomes being molded around the axe and mantras.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Elite specializations of PoF felt completely not suited for basic concepts behind each profession. We have 2 trait lines dictating basic tactic for a given profession, and then comes a PoF trait line forcing something completely different from basic concepts.

I though HoT specializations were strange when HoT was released, but I am starting to appreciate those more. Unfortunately, I do not like PoF specializations at all.

Clunky is a word widely used throughout this feedback post. In fact “clunky” is the word that defines PoF specializations as in “awkward”, “heavy”, “clumsy”.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

Mirage
Infinite horizons should be made base and replaced by Mirror-on-Shatter which now gives you mirage cloak when you use a shatter skill. No more RNG. Mirror on Shatter should then be replace by a trait that causes ambush attacks to remove boons (works with weak GS ambush).

Mirrors should now either produce a clone or refill one of your endurance bars instead. There should be a 3rd endurance bar that can only be refilled by mirrors. That way you can benefit from the mirrors when you want to.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Moa Stance

• The thing with this one is that, Fury and Swiftness are boons that we sooo much of. You can get perma fury via Skirmishing Line, Tiger pet more fury from Wilderness Knowledge, Strength of the pack, Soulbeast line, etc. Swiftness is the same with shouts, Skirmishing line, WH has both fury and swiftness. The effect is not very good as well. The Soulbeast line has similar boon effects like Essence of speed.

Suggestion: Change fury to Resistance and Swiftness to maybe Quickness That way we can gain boons that we don’t normally get, After all, You have to trait into the tree anyway. Then maybe have a mini effect that is Gain barrier for 4 seconds which again we have no access to.

Predator’s Cunning

• This is an okay trait but to weak imo for a master slot.

Suggestion: In addition to the primary effect, maybe give “Allies siphon health from hitting a poisoned foe” Aura effect.

Similar to:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vampiric_Presence

But again the target has to be poisoned.

Thoughts?

Nah, for any other class I understand but it almost feels like power rangers are built around remorseless now, which is why the more ways to apply fury the better. Its not a matter of duration, its a matter of quantity.

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Mirage
Infinite horizons should be made base and replaced by Mirror-on-Shatter which now gives you mirage cloak when you use a shatter skill. No more RNG. Mirror on Shatter should then be replace by a trait that causes ambush attacks to remove boons (works with weak GS ambush).

Mirrors should now either produce a clone or refill one of your endurance bars instead. There should be a 3rd endurance bar that can only be refilled by mirrors. That way you can benefit from the mirrors when you want to.

Or, the Mirrors could be used for offense/area control by bring back the concepts of Confusing Combatant (confusion on illusion death), Crippling Dissipation (crippling on illusion death) and Debilitating Dissipation (and a random condition on clone death) that were phased out almost 2 years ago. You touch your mirror, get Mirage Cloak. Enemy touches it, it ‘shatters’ (Mirrors break, right?) and they take some damage and get condi.

I don’t know, it needs something. I spent an hour with it and said, “This will never get me out of Chrono as it stands.”

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

I am all for having a cone in mantras but they have to increase the range. The area of effect in a 300 range cone is about 1/4 of a 600 cone.
A 90 degree cone with 300 range has approx an area of 700 square units
A 90 degree cone with 600 range has approx an area of 2800 square units
A 360 degree circle with 300 range has approx and area of 2800 square units.
A 360 degree circle with 600 range has approx an area of 11300 square units.
So even if function (instant self centered aoe with boons) is similar i think the skill level is very different and that is what sets Mantras apart.
In its current iteration i find Firebrand more effective to play with Shouts instead of Mantras and i think the numbers speak for them self. In a Mantra build SyG is mandatory even though the 5 stacks of stability is bugged with quickness.
The area of effect of the current mantras is 6% of the area of effect of a shout. If the cone is 90 degrees, i cant find any verification of that, and if its 60 degrees its 4%.
Hope i got the math correct.
Make the cone as shield #4 i would be satisfied.
This is the same issue with the nerf to guardian staff, seriously i doubt that anet has done the math here.
As Mantras work now they are for personal use only.
Food for thoughts.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Way too many of the elite specs are condi focused in classes that already have strong condi builds but weak power builds.

Case in point, necromancer, ranger, revenant. Already their condi builds completely eclipse power ones, and the new weapons and elite specs are condi focused.

Some elite specs also lack actual game use. Why would anyone use mirage in PvE over chronomancer unless mirage has top level DPS competitive with thief/condi warrior?

Mirage offers no utility, no support. And it’s middling dps at best with no cleave. It’s a gimmick spec. The loss of chronophantasma will make ssure mirage is never used in PvE because mesmers rely so heavily on phantasms for sustained DPS and shatters to this day continue to be a DPS loss when shattering phantasms.

Soulbeast is another case of a spec with no real outstanding utility or support like the druid. The stances are utterly redundant, PvP focused effects. Unblockable attacks are useless in PvE, as is might stacks when PS warriors trivialize might stacking for the group.

And yet, Soulbeast also doesn’t offer DPS to make up for lack of utility.

Scourge utility is of little use in PvE, again. Few mobs and bosses apply boons, and spellbreaker is better at removing them anyways. Barrier is anemic, with degeneration in combat making it useless.

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

Way too much condition and cc spamming….Like seriously enough already with that. And did you really have to give thieves more stealth and more burst damage??? Who comes up with these ideas….

Idk if anyone else had this issue, but anytime I had Barrier I kept mistaking it for my health because the numbers are right next to each other. Maybe a good suggestion would be to place the a barrier bar in another place?

Aside from that the new specs seem really interesting, but somewhat clunky especially Weaver which could really use some simplification in a few areas.

Thieves are always a problem in games as companies cater to the losers that play them for the big coin they tend to drop. In this one the big cheese move is their invisibility and immunity to AOE while they are dropping a flag to spike you in pvp

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Guardian Mantra elite skill cant compete with renewed focus which resets the tomes.

Make the mantra elite reset all mantras and recharge them and the elite will be used.

Make the mantra heal (which is weak and personal) also heal allies in a 600 cone infront of the the guardian.

Make skill 2 on the tomes be a blast finisher, We have fields in the tome but no means to trigger them.

Remake one of the mantras so its a blink with three charges, 600 range. FB has to worst mobility of guard/DH and needs it to be able to position for support and since it also has the lowest survivability it also needs it to survive.

Make mantras cone be 600

Make staff 600 again.

Reduce cd on tomes dramatically and make them instant.

Or make the tomes work like kits and with shared pages the recover over time.

If the above isnt done the FB will have limited use in pvp and wvw.

Posted by: yumee.1405

yumee.1405

WvW pov here:

- Barrier is a great feature but lacks counter: add a nullification to spellbreaker elite and a utility to weaver to counter it. (as sombra elite in overwatch?)
-Every spec should be good as much with raw damage as condition damage.

weaver:
- mudslide, rust frenzy, and pile driver shouldn’t prevent you from moving.
- Staff dual skill are too slow and 2 skills are from melee to range, making them niche but more available than classic skills.
- a melee spec meaningless will never find a place in melee party. Weaver needs to have some utility to be played in large scale.
- Polaric leap diserve more range (remember thief sword 2?)
- Attunment swap are clunchy. Allow us to double tap to enter full attunment. Make something else of Unravel.

Scourge:
Reduce number of targets reached by barrier from 10 to 5.

Tried to respect the 100 words but so on it lacks explaination of my pov. Hope I did my high school exercise well.

Posted by: stone cold.8609

stone cold.8609

One more thing about the Holosmith – please update the offhands and rifle to work with the heat mechanic (underwater weapons would be nice as well!).

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Gives us pseudo legendary gear next time.

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Either lower the Weaver’s GCD by 0.5 to 1 seconds and/or make Unravel an F5 Ability with 1 charge and a medium cooldown. Currently Weaver feels a tiny bit clunky. While the class still does feel good to play, it is incredibly hard to maintain pressure on an enemy considering Barrier doesnt do much in a group fight and the attunements are very awkward to cycle through while in said fight. Unravel as an F5 could alleviate this while keeping the utility as an extra 2 charges of Unravel should a Weaver choose to run it.

That or if Weaver’s GCD got lowered and their pressure got increased, it would make it easier to slot Unravel as a utility to avoid having to run Primordial Stance in order to get good damage in a group fight.

Weaver could also use a slight range increase in their gap closing abilities as 450 on both Fire 2 and Air 2 seems a bit too short. Even Guardian’s Sword 2 has a 600 range teleport on it. It would be nice if Weaver could have the same.

Furthermore, as I mentioned, Barrier just doesnt seem to help much in a fight. If the time before decay began increased, that would greatly improve a Weaver’s survivability.

I’m not saying you should implement all these changes but a combination of some of them could push Weaver into a much better position as a threatening brawler.

(edited by Rain.9213)

Posted by: Noctis.3426

Noctis.3426

Renegade:

Shotbow: The animations looks amazing, the downside is that some skills feel clunky and other has low dmg, plus it doesn’t have a defensive ability in his kit

• SB1 – Shattershot: it feel weak, there is not much to say but with Heartpiercer it is a good skill to tag in zergs vs zergs
  • SB2 – Bloodbane Path: I love the this skill (fit the theme of rev very well), but the dmg feel weak, Super Long animation (1s). I like that you can trigger flanking or behind traits/effect but we dont have many of those, you can also bypass a few defensive skill like DH F3, Wall of Reflection, Field of the Mists, Shattering Blow
  • SB3 – Sevenshot this skill feel weird, the idea of reverse shotgun doesnt work well in this game on pve or pvp (in pve if you too far away from the teammates you are going to miss a lot of boons), but the main problem with this skill is the high skill cap and the reward dmg of hitting all the arrow is too low (it is almost imposible to hit all the arrows in pvp), and the missing arrows bug is so kittening annoying and cost more energy.
    But after i found the Arcane Missile Mech bug, this skill feel amazing and has a good synergy with the SB5. but is too easy to miss some arrow because of the terrain, i would really like if you can stack the mist portal closer to each other (aka reduce the reverse shotgun angle, Something like this) to avoid the terrain bug with the rock, in the tunnels or bridges
  • SB4 – Spiritcrush: To be Honest this skill is useless for both mode (pve, pvp). Dmg low, the after cast is too long, the duration is too short and the cost is too high and can’t be shot behind you (i dont know why you cant because the SB2 and SB3 can be shot behind you while you are moving) . the only good thing is “the Fire Field Combo”
  • SB5 – Scorchrazor this is the only good balanced skill in the Shortbow kit, the only downside is that isnt a skillshot, this skill a perfect candidate to be an skillshot =PP (some problem than the SB4, “can’t be shot behind you”)

Utilities: I hate that the warband can be kill, but if they have a good support skill and less energy cost i wont complain about it (the idea that they can prove strong/unique boons but they can be kill sounds nice on paper but needs a bit of tuning, my suggestion is to add a defiance bar to all the warband like the Chak Sapper, once the defiance bar is broken they can take damage or instant death), but right now most of the skills are too weak.

• Heal – Breakrazor’s Bastion: it cost more energy, the initial and pulse are meh, the unique boon is really nice but you need to stay near you summon and most of the time you will eat so many aoe camping around the summon (pvp pov), in pve this skill will work fine i guess
  • U1 – Razorclaw’s Rage: This skill is bugged, and the only reason why this skill is good is because it has no icd (bug, the tooltip says" This bleeding can only be inflicted once per interval"), this Unique Boon has good synergy with skill that hit a lot of times (like Sevenshot, Rapid Fire, Etc), without the no icd bug, this skill is too weak..
  • U2 – Darkrazor’s Daring: This skill is really good for wvw, has a good synergy with Dismantle Fortifications and Superior Sigil of Absorption or draining, it would be nice if it can destroy projectile like the Phantasmal Warden or Whirling Defense
  • U3 – Icerazor’s Ire: has a good synergy with the Razorclaw no icd bug (it can apply 20 stack of bleed with the bug), but without that bug this skill is too weak, i saw a lot of ppl asking to change the cripple for Chill, but it can be op with the Abyssal Chill trait (20 stack of torment)
  • Elite – Soulcleave’s Summit i am not sure about this skill, the dmg and heal is nice for any game mode, it has good synergy with skills that can hit a lot of times becuase it doesnt have icd (?), i am not sure if this work as intended or a it is a bug (no icd).

Citidel Orders: there too much Energy cost with the shortbow and utility and now we have even more! this is madness,jokes aside, i really like the animations of F3 (i am saying this too many times, but in general the effect of the renegade are amazing) and no even one of F Skill provides any defensive capabilities at all without any traits, in general i think that the F skill are not too bad

• Heroic Command: in raids we always have a PS warrior in the party so it is kind of useless , in pvp is fine with the GM Trait without is meh
  • Citadel Bombardment: the dmg is OK with the GM traits, but hard to land multiples hit in pvp (good for tagging in wvw =PPP)
  • Orders from Above: the alacraty wit the gm is ok (i dont think that you can perma alacrity with ventari/kalla, i didn’t test it, so i am not sure), the condi dmg reduction is nice, it think that condi cleanse is much better than the condi dmg reduction…

Conclussion: I wont use the shortbow or kalla legend on pve, the cost are too high, it feel weak and clunky and some of the useful skills are only good because they are bugged which mean rip after the fix them

Pd: Sorry for my English

(edited by Noctis.3426)

Posted by: Emprer.7256

Emprer.7256

Just gonna leave my over all impression here.
Mirage. Cool idea but I’d like to see more ways to generate clones. I might be wrong but the morage cloak seems to have shorter duration than a normal dodge roll. If that’s fhe case it desparately needs as much duration as a normal dodge roll.

Firebrand. Cool visuals. But cone attack and the range is just not desirable. I prefer it around the character instead of cone. Even the cone range (mainly considering the support skills) is too short for any effective play. Healing is quite weak (2tome) block is quite strong (3 tome). The mantras utilities are really unimpressive and unhelpful. It will be improved with different shape than a cone (just use the normal character as center) or increase the radius/range.

Regenade. Really cool visuals with shortbow and f1234 abilities(forgot their original key bind). the utilities are unique, but not too helpful or practical for actual combat. I think the heal skill can have more healing. Just 800-1000 more without comprimising the condi inc buff. Main problem with regenade is their dps. the numbers are sooo weak compared to other elites or the ones we currently have. need some buff.

Soulbeast. Idk, I agree with some who mentioned that beastmode doesnt feel worth it to use/transform into. I understand the design isnt meant to make you stay, but there just isnt a reason to even merge with the pet to begin with given how weak the beast skills are. make it meaningful, like druid I drop huge heals in celes. there is a meaningful purpose, and I feel, while a lot of effort was put into the beastmode skills with the size of pets to choose from, they arent very meaningful. hope that can improve.

Deadeye. sure did surpise me how fun it is to play. but I’m just seeing threads and reports that say the dmg output is simply insane. I don’t think it’ll be fun on the other end of the match in pvp. they should be able to snipe but there should be more comprise for that dmg. they get too much stealth on top of the range (which the range is justified).

Holosmith. everyone has said everything I am just gonna say I’m very impressed with the elite spec over all. amazing visuals and tools etc. heat mech is interesting and meaningful (unlike soulbeast bm). dmg output is great, and reasonable. shouldnt be nerfed. or adjusted for pvp wvw at the expense of pve. or adjust based on modes.

Scrouge. I like the visuals. I dont really know what role it stands however. it can do impressive dps. whereas the support skills are quite weak. espeically barrier. theh go down tooooo fast to be any way impactful. not enough skills have them to make scourge a capable support class. not so sure where it stands now.

weaver is interesing. havent gotten to actually test it but I liked it when i tired.

spellbreaker offers almost nothing for pve so I’m not gonna comment on that. they seem to be doing okay when I saw then in wvw.

not really the right post but the raptor was amazing. wish there was a drift mastery that lets us drift the mount(kinda like bdo horse). I need flying amount!! As to the map, I’m one of those who initially hated HoT maps to grow to like it. I feel the first PoF map is too flat and simplistic. there also isnt meta, I like meta. so do a lot of people actually. It’d be great if both solo and group content are available in a way that both sides are satisfied eith the expansion.

(edited by Emprer.7256)

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

Soulbeast in 100 words:

Overall the spec feels great and opens up many options for PvE. My criticism is that it lacks a reason to unmerge with the pet, encouraging gameplay where one pet is camped permanently. This is due to a bug affecting our pet conditions (Following swap/merge) and the overall power of the attribute bonus when merged. My suggestions would be to either allow the bonus to linger upon exiting the merged-form, or have it applied temporarily upon entry (Similar to Always Angry ). These changes would facilitate a more dynamic form of gameplay where utilizing the class mechanic actively is encouraged.

I also made a short video detailing my thoughts on the Soulbeast.

Posted by: hourglass.2486

hourglass.2486

Firebrand needs a lot of work the cool downs are ridiculously too long to even have tomes be functional. Firebrands get focus fired in PvP and WvW and are down very fast. We loose our defense while in tomes. I would like to see while in tomes get barrier or even after closing a tome to get barrier and reduce cool down on tomes. The 3rd master trait line first trait is utter trash and needs to be removed. replace that trait with giving use PBAO on tomes and mantras that we have a hard choice for master trait line and increase range on mantras. Also in Firebrand we loose a long range weapon so i suggest is change staff 1 ability to how druid staff beam ability is and let us have along range 1,200 range weapon for core and firebrand.

hourglass.2486

Soul Beast utility need a lot of work. I think soul beast could be really fun but the utilities don’t feel good at all and they need something more in the class. I would like to see a perma barrier while in different stances on Soul Beast kind of like the beast adds an extra life force or just provide barrier to yourself when you activate or leave stance. I’m think of animal giving you temporary health added to your own and that takes damage and the rest of the damage you take but it is only applied to yourself and is not shared.

hourglass.2486

can you give us the old Tomes animation of the book over us and have pages circling us. I love the old animation of the tomes that looked amazing and now the book disappears which is lame.

Posted by: Michiel.3608

Michiel.3608

Soulbeast:

Make at least one pet fit the 1500 range of the longbow. There are 2 pets i think with 1200 range and the only weapon with that range is the druid’s staff and since you cant use both elite specs, i don’t understand why they are 1200 range instead of 1500.

+1 for swapping pets in beast mode. People who like swapping in beast mode lose 2 F2 abilities and whatever the AI like to use, thinks that’s a good trade-off.

Posted by: Gondolph.7201

Gondolph.7201

the scourge
I did use it quite as it was delivered without much changes in equipment nor skill. Except I used the axe together with the torch. I did run with my guild in wvw a midsize zerg. The portal feature was disabled that day, so I took back the well of suffering in that slot.
Impression summary:
I think the scourge has potential, but it is harder to play than a common straight forward necromancer/ reaper. Its power depends hard on the sand shadows. And this is hard to play in a dynamic gameplay. And: you don’t have a “second live bar” while in shroud.
The main problem
to me was the use of the sand shades. If you watch the video of the scourge there is one thing perfect for this: the enemy don’t move! You can easily set a circle of sand shades and then play your keyboards damage line.

But in wvw,
targets unfortunately have a tendency to move away. I did not find a trick to keep the sand shadows with me, so they needed to be set again and again and setting sand shadows does not mayor damage itself. But it is essentially to have at least 2-3 shadows out to do mayor damage/support. And then you need to move for your survival too. In comparison the shroud works automated: once cast, it is just there. Having the sand shadows that way would be a big easement.
Further questions:
- How can I recognize sand shadows of enemies? do they look like mine? Are they even visible to me?
- can I “kill” my sand shadows to raise them on a other place? Or can I even move them somehow?
Some suggestions:
- make sand shadows stay with me in a circle once I casted them. Don’t give me the burden to keep them alive and cast them again and again.
- give me the opportunity to place the "circle of sand shadows elsewhere, similar to the “Ventari’s Will” of the revenants were thy move the tablet.

Thats my thoughts so far. As I said, there is potential, but it’s very hard and more complex to play atm.

“Often those who call me a hero speak solely of my battle prowess
and know nothing of the principles that guide my blades.”

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

Soulbeast: would be nice if some new animations get added. Otherwise great.

Holosmith: absolutely awesome concept and is pretty fun. But the numbers should get toned down.

Scourge: really cool, but again a bit overtuned.

Deadeye: cast time on Mark has to go away, rifle felt weak compared to other weapons.

Weaver: looks like a lot of fun but I think to give proper feedback here it takes more time than a weekend.

Renegade: a bit dull to play in my opinion, but it has to get toned down. The DPS is way too strong!

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Also, I saw someone say above about barrier needing to be affected by Spellbreaker elite. I swear to all things holy Anet that you better not ever make that a thing.

That one elite literally shuts down MOST of the other classes/elites and their core features/functions in a large area for WAY too long as it is. Barrier is the ONLY thing that might offer some small buffer to big hits while caught in that bubble. If you make that change you will frankly kill any kind of group play more than you already have and I say that as someone who went out into WvW specifically to troll people with that elite.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

Specs tested: -Holosmith and Deadeye, aggree with LoreChief.8391 btw:
“holosmith: do you really think that one sword is the only weapon to interact with heat?” No of course hell no!
-About Holosmith first, because I have many things to say about it: Very beautiful skills, strong and aesthetic, my eyes just say “thank you” when I’m in Photon forge mod. Also many suggestions come about the basic skills with sword: When you choose Holosmith specialization, all yours weapons SHOULD gain new abilities, like “Holographic bullet” for a pistol, “Thermal shield” for a shield, “Enhanced riffle” for the rifle, kinda stuff like that, and I know that is possible: Elementalist have different skills depending on their affiliation to an element for a same weapon.

Secondly, I don’t understood that: We gain access to sword for only one hand? It MUST allow player to wear a sword in both hands, if a man can hold a sword, he can hold two of them. Actually only the first three skills are news when you use a sword and for instance and not the two last of a pistol… It’s just STUPID.

And, damage dealt are only great with berserker, that’s sad, increase damage and make a player that will use like me a cavalier set(+power +armor +ferocity) stronger, seem that berserker set must be use everywhere, I said NO, an Engineer isn’t a WARRIOR.

-About Deadeye now, almost the same: Skills in themselves are fabulous, and I will really enjoy to play as a sniper, but for me, he isn’t strong enough, I mean, It’s quite hard to inflict a lot of damage: Select an enemy, put an eye on him, put a mark of sniper, then turn in sniper mod, kneel and then use the last skill: sniper shot.. It’s very hard, and stats aren’t extras even with a berserker build!! It’s very impressive and easy to play, but when examining stats, damage dealt etc, it’s kinda a trap, it disappointed me. Of course marks are easy to put, but if only that is used and then sniper shot, that cannot insta-kill your enemy. Also don’t understood what malice is, also by judging with the help of other players, need to be tone down.

So, to sum up with suggestions:
->Holosmith: Add specials specialization skills on others engineer weapons, and add the possibility to have a sword in both hands. Change the specialization logo: It looks very very much like “Biological Hazard” Symbol, or “Mark of Nurgle” from warhammer.
Make a better one, more understandable like holographic shield. Damage dealt are certainly strong if wearing berserker, try cavalier like me and then tell me.
->Deadeye: Make it easier to play, and not only for Berserker and Viperin. No delay for marks, they are marks, not really thing that require time to active. Less damage with malice. The fourth sniper skill is overpowered but others not enough.
Attachments: Nurgle mark and suggested skills

Attachments:

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

(edited by hugo.4705)

Posted by: zanzoken.7698

zanzoken.7698

Here are my two cents about the classes I played the most during the weekend:

Deadeye:

- Rifle with a mark feels way too strong. You are basically a killshot warrior without cd and with stealth.
- I could easily win 1onX scenarios without having real trouble unless the opponent was a thief.
- spammable backwards shadow step made it very easy to gain distance but was a little bit buggy when you had a wall behind you
- kneeling should be easier to disable. Maybe a Dodge roll or through movement. In that case maybe remove the charges so you always can go into kneel mode.
- cantrips felt fine and tuned very good while fitting the sniper scenario
- shadow meld could possible break wvw and PvP balance. Way to strong of an elite for such a low cooldown. Never had any trouble to access stealth whenever I want, even without a perma stealth build.
- the mark was very easy to apply so I can not understand the concern here.

Holosmith:

- damage in photon forge mode is too high but has little to low synergy with condi and felt very melee focused much like the scrapper. This makes the two specs feel very similar.
- heat mechanic only effects sword as a weapon and other weapons should benefit from heat too. Otherwise you feel forced to use sword.
- sword two is very weak and does not fulfill any greater purpose. Should be reworked. Maybe a aoe blind skill would fit into the theme.
- exceed skill were mostly okay but felt a little bit weak.
- overheat does too much self damage and is too risky
- overall holosmith feels VERY squishy and should have more defensive traits. Always to rely on alchemy is quite boring…

Weaver:
- the weaving idea is fun but the dual skills feel very boring. Most of the time it is just plain damage and very little utility.
- low cooldown is fine but should not be on all elements. It makes the use of the weaver very clunky.
- sword seemed fun and should fit into the existing weapons just fine

(edited by zanzoken.7698)

Posted by: Bosc.9452

Bosc.9452

Guardian: Firebrand feedback

Posted feedback in the guardian section but reduced to around 100 words:

Firebrand feels slow and clunky with very little synergy between skills. With little to no mobility or sustained defense being force into melee range just doesn’t work. Some idea to hopefully help improve it:

Barrier – Would recommend adding it to Honor: Pure of Heart, Aegis grants barrier when it ends, this should also effect the aegis you grant to allies.

Axe 1 – Range needs to increase – 2x attacks on each auto first 150 second 400
Axe 2 – Symbol needs a boon, one of the boons we don’t have instant access to

Tomes and Mantra’s should work together more. And Tomes themselves need buffs.
Each page used should reduce the cooldown and charge recovery of Mantra’s by 10%, the number of remaining pages when stowed should take 2 or 3 seconds off the cooldown.
The Final Charge of each Mantra should return 2 Pages of a Tome.

Need access to Blast Finishers on Tomes and Mantra’s to combo with the fields we can drop.

Posted by: mov.1246

mov.1246

Holosmith: great work
the idea and feeling of the holosmith is amazing, I love it and cant wait to play it again.
the traits are well thought and i coudnt complain.
but photon forge #2 could use a little bit more range for better gap closing.
and photon forge #5 maybe remove the 100% crit chance and lower heat generation a little bit.
the elite skill feels clunky because of the self immob, but is a great skill.
the damage overall seems a little bit high, but holosmith seems like a high risk/high reward spec and shouldnt be nerfed too much.
sword feels weak, and i think rifle will be most common

Kidel.2057

U3 – Icerazor’s Ire: has a good synergy with the Razorclaw no icd bug (it can apply 20 stack of bleed with the bug), but without that bug this skill is too weak, i saw a lot of ppl asking to change the cripple for Chill, but it can be op with the Abyssal Chill trait (20 stack of torment)

That would completely justify the huge energy cost PLUS the cooldown.

Posted by: Lord Snow.3257

Lord Snow.3257

Soulbeast Feedback

Beastmode

The green smoke effect really needs to change.

Dagger

• Auto chain is too slow and both the power and condition damage it provides are too weak.
  • Dagger #2 is also too slow, it doesn’t have any identity at all, nor does its power scaling or conditions make up for it having nothing else.
  • Dagger #3 is also too slow, but the main problem is that its recharge is too long since the quickness it provides can be negated by dodges/blocks/blinds etc. Damage is also heavily lacking, but if Dagger #2 becomes a good damage skill it doesn’t need to have damage.

Stances

Stances needs to be applied to the pet as well.

• Bear Stance is too strong vs conditions, but too weak when there are none.
  • Dolyak Stance looks to be good, but can’t say whether or not it’s too strong without testing it.
  • Griffon Stance has a way way too long cooldown.
  • Moa Stance seems fine.
  • Vulture Stance needs a longer duration.
  • One Wolf Pack needs a longer duration.

Traits

• Fresh Reinforcement needs to be a minor trait, and it needs to give the pet the Ranger’s boons upon exiting Beastmode. This not being the case discourages the use of jumping in and out of Beastmode, especially in PvE. I would suggest swapping it with the Twice as Vicious grandmaster minor trait as that one fits better as a major trait, and is too weak to be a grandmaster trait anyways.
  • Live Fast feels too clunky when it activates after the Beast ability. Change it to grant its boons on activating Beast abilties. Also, pet F2 (while not merged with the pet) should also be affected by this trait.
  • Second Skin needs to either grant its own source of protection, or have its restriction of needing protection be removed.
  • Essence of Speed shouldn’t have an ICD, the Ranger doesn’t have access to enough quickness for a cooldown to be warranted. It might even need to grant its own source of quickness, as aside from MH Dagger, the Ranger doesn’t have much access to quickness (and we shouldn’t be forced to use the Dagger to use this trait). It seems like a completely unnecessary restriction.
  • Predator’s Cunning also suffers from being a too hard restriction, change it to steal life on hitting a poisoned target instead. Give it a 1 second ICD.
  • Twice as Vicious as mentioned with Fresh Reinforcement, these two traits needs to swap places. This trait might also need its damage buff increased, even as an adept trait, it won’t compete with the other major adept traits. If it stays as a grandmaster, it needs massive buffs.
  • Eternal Bond doesn’t have any impact at all; the heal needs to be doubled and it should give resistance alongside the protection.
  • Leader of the Pack is also lackluster. It barely feels rewarding to use for teammates, and it does nothing for the Ranger. Give it either 20% stance cooldown reduction + 25% increased duration, or 50% increased duration with no cooldown reduction. This trait doesn’t need to be a pure support trait, and it isn’t fitting for the theme of the Soulbeast either.
  • Oppressive Superiority is under-performing as a grandmaster. Being higher % Health than your opponent is a harsh requirement for sPvP and WvW – it should give at least 15% increased damage.

F1 and F2 skills in Beastmode

Around half of the pet F1 and F2 skills in Beastmode needs to be looked at, especially those from the older and less used pets. They don’t really have any purpose/impact, and don’t feel good to use.

Beastmode F3 skills

• Primal Cry is massively under-performing compared to the other 4 F3 skills.
  • Prelude Lash is slightly lagging behind the others. Making it unblockable and/or giving it more damage would make it more on-par with the others.
  • Worldly Impact feels like it should be a blast finisher instead of a leap finisher.

Overall thoughts

The Soulbeast’s gameplay and design is looking to be very good and I’m very excited to play it on release, but there’s just too many problems with the specialization currently – it needs massive improvements, especially regarding the traits.

(edited by Lord Snow.3257)

Posted by: Daralf.4930

Daralf.4930

Mainly tested Firebrand in WvW, didn’t work well at all. All skills are extremely close range and slow to cast and easily interruptible. No escapes, no way to effectively use the tools your given. In my opinion tomes should feel like your becoming more effective like entering shroud but I can’t help but feel less effective when I use a tome. You can do more damage, support better, and survive better without using the tomes or specialization. Every time I needed sustain and would use f2 or f3 I would just get destroyed. It was if I was better off not using the tomes at all. Tempest and Druid both have a good level of sustain that makes them able to survive long enough to effectively support their group. With Firebrand there seems to be zero sustainability. One Idea I had was maybe use the pages to block attacks instead of cast spells. That way your at least guaranteed some effect from using the tome.

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Ranger Soulbeast

To provide a solid foundation to Soulbeast gameplay, will be focusing more into merging and not camping Beastmode type of plays. I will try to give options for all Ranger playstyle while keeping other trait line in mind.

PLS NOTE passes thru meaning the moment when your pet turn into a little green wisp when you go Beastmode.

1. Twice as Vicious current : Disabling a foe increases your damage and condition damage for a short duration. (5%)

Proposed changes

a.) Twice as Vicious merging with your pet deals # damage within 360 radius. Gain fury for 6 seconds.

b.) Twice as Vicious merging with your pet enhances your bond, grants 10% damage and condition for 6 seconds.

c.) Twice as Vicious merging with your pet slows and bleed foes that it passes thru and apply conditions to nearby foes when you meld.

d.) Twice as Vicious merging with your pet blind and dazes foes that it passes thru and apply conditions to nearby foes when you meld.

e.) Twice as Vicious merging with your pet grants barrier (10% of your pets maximum health) kitten you necro. LOL

2. Oppressive Superiority current: Deal increased damage to foes who have less health than you. Conditions you apply to foes with less health than you last longer. (10% ) Doesnt indicate if percentage or not.

Propose Change

a.) Oppressive Superiority Beast abilities grant boons and apply conditions (if damaging ability apply condition ; if support type abilities apply boons)

b.) Oppressive Superiority Beast abilities have reduced cooldown and does # increase damage.

c.) Oppressive Superiority gain 7% vitality. Increases damage/condition duration to foes who have less health than you. Percent base.

d.) Oppressive Superiority exiting Beastmode you and your pets attacks become unblockable for 6 seconds. Cast Lesser Vulture Stance.

with these changes I believe I cover most of Rangers trait design which is condition type, power type, and support type.

Last is

3. Fresh Reinforcement current: Entering beastmode grants you the boons affecting your pet.

Proposed Changes

a.) Fresh Reinforcement entering beastmode grants you the boons affecting your pet, exiting grants boons affecting you to your pet.

b.) Fresh Reinforcement entering beastmode grants you protection.

c.) Fresh Reinforcement entering beastmode heals area for #.

d.) Fresh Reinforcement entering beastmode grants you 25% movement speed for 6 seconds. Your next attack is an attack of opportunity and causes knockdown to adjacent foes.

Please also revisit Marksmanship Major Master traits for us Power Rangers

Success is my only option, failure is not.

Posted by: TdcTaz.9703

TdcTaz.9703

Deadeye
Has some really interesting play and mechanics

Holosmith
Really interesting class and a bit overpowered

Soulbeast
Liked it a lot but there are some bugs

- Pet swapping should be possible in beastmode

Mirage
Feels clunky and underpowered and not worth it

- Mirage Mirrors needs something to make the worth the risk of going back to them, and make all the utilities skill 100% worthless
- Ambush windows is too short and does nothing for phantasms
- Ambush skills is under powered (perhaps except of scepter)
- Needs better clone generation / some kind of scatter synergy

Scourge
Liked it, we could use more boons in PVE to make it really fun

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

Deadeye:

-Steal button should be converted to combination mark/ Kneel/stealth button.

-make Rifle five high cost, high damage(rd. Daredevil staff five.) Kits shouldn’t exist within base weapon mechanics- it muddies the water.

-mouse/directional should allow egress from crouch without a jump -jumping is unnecessarily unwieldy.

Other:

PoF elites general-(esp. Weaver and holo)

Streamline PoF elites.

Remove new resources(heat etc.) Tone damage down if needed, but the base prof mechanics(Adren, Init, attun, etc.) are enough.

Add flavour with cosmetics/abilty animations, damage types. Keep Mini games to game world content and OUT of new professions/elites.

Reaction/latency are king in comp modes. High risk high reward is no reward when spending your time downed against less complex, more fluid-playing base/HoT profs.

Potential for fun in comp modes(pvp/wvw -half your game) should sell new professions/content – not drive players to base profs to compete.

Last- Conditions.

Apply diminishing returns to condis, damage reduction to 1/4 for a specified time on removal, as current quickness of condi re-application renders cleanses a waste of a hotbar slot. Even if you shifted cleanses to the ammo system they’re still comparatively useless.

Or-

Allow toughness to mitigate condis as it would physical/base damage. Make the armour type organic to prof choice meaningful.

(edited by Iozeph.5617)

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

Here are my two cents about the classes I played the most during the weekend:

Deadeye:

- Rifle with a mark feels way too strong. You are basically a killshot warrior without cd and with stealth.
- I could easily win 1onX scenarios without having real trouble unless the opponent was a thief.
- spammable backwards shadow step made it very easy to gain distance but was a little bit buggy when you had a wall behind you
- kneeling should be easier to disable. Maybe a Dodge roll or through movement. In that case maybe remove the charges so you always can go into kneel mode.
- cantrips felt fine and tuned very good while fitting the sniper scenario
- shadow meld could possible break wvw and PvP balance. Way to strong of an elite for such a low cooldown. Never had any trouble to access stealth whenever I want, even without a perma stealth build.
- the mark was very easy to apply so I can not understand the concern here.

1. Technically you are speaking of #4 while kneeling. You have to kneel, let all your malice be built up and then fire the most predictable skill in the whole game.
Even though I hate that sentence, but that is really a l2p issue. No decent player should have trouble dodge that #4.
2. I..I can’ roflstomp that class as easy as the others, so nerf pl0x!
3. agree, the shadowstep system is extremly buggy, but it was since release, so I doubt anything will happen.
4. remove cast time for kneel and let it end by simply moving with WASD.
5. cantrips either need a cd reducing trait or reduced cd at all. Right now they are not even worth considering (just think about the healing cantrip)
6. shadow meld is strong indeed, but something deadeye need.
7. Deadeye’s mark can be: dodged and obstructed, since it count’s as a projectile. Malice builds up too slow, cast time is destroying any flow.

Posted by: Unyque.6189

Unyque.6189

I usually don’t frequent the forums but this time I feel it’s necessary. You are giving away to much information about the new expansion. Where is the mystery? Now we all know the new masteries. So much for that discovery which is what you are hyping so much. Now we have mount week coming up. You going to ruin all the surprises for mounts now too? I wasn’t impressed with the 3 day preview of Crystal Desert. Again too much information.
If you want to push discovery and build excitement, then stop revealing it all. Can’t discover what you already revealed.
I will admit the exposing us to 1 mount did build excitement for me but it was the only thing I really took from the previews. I no longer care about the new elite skills as now I’ve seen them and there is nothing exciting about them any more.
If you are going to reveal all the secrets of the mounts in the coming week, count me out.

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Soulbeast would be a lot more fun (important) and live up to its expectations if you could use pet F2 in beastmode.

• If certain skills are too powerful for that (Jaguar), just give it a different version in beastmode that’s more acceptable.
  • Have pet F2 share cooldown with the beastmode version

Also, pet swap in beastmode would make it a much more fun (important) and fluid spec.

(edited by Holland.9351)

Kidel.2057

Renegade

what’s the reason for 40 energy on F3?
Seriously, I do that, then what? AA until I can do 1 more skill?
Also why even energy in the firts place since it has CD?

And it doesn’t even do good damage to be honest. It’s way weaker compared to Deadeye’s 1hit-kill and has a way higher cost.

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Only played mirage, it was underwhelming even as condi compared to chrono, and power was dismal.

Mirage Ambushes needs buffs for everything that isn’t scepter, and maybe staff. But Greatsword needs it the most. (Sword needs less delay)

Ambushes and mirrors should have a longer window, or Mirage should be given more doge without vigor.

False oasis has to long a cooldown for what it offers.

Mirage Advance respects LoS contrary to every other shadow-step or targeted teleport, and the 3/4 cast time on such a skill is awful.

Jaunt needs a bit more range, or proc mirage cloak.

Speed of Sand should be part of the minor adept. Infinite Horizon should be minor Grandmaster. (might have to nerf scepter a little)

Self-Deception is a bad trait.

Shards of Glass needs to be more frequent.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Posted by: Hana.8143

Hana.8143

For the love of God, why people are asking for the Weaver to get Unravel as a F5 ?

Think about it people, you’re SUPPOSED to play with the double attacks, having unravel as a F5 will lead you to the wrong path. They can’t do something like that.

I tried Unravel, and tbh, it’s bad, if you want to play with unravel, then don’t play Weaver.

There are a lot of rotations that look promising on the weaver, but we need to be able to react quickly WITHOUT PLAYING LIKE A REGULAR ELE.

I’m sick of people who just can’t stand new things. Deal with it and think of something else.

Actually Unravel make you unable to dual attune for 5 secondes, as it can be an idea to resolve the problem when you need your 4 or 5 quickly, there are other ideas that can do that without ruining your new gameplay. (like being able to double tap F for entering the same attunement twice, without killing the weaver mechanic.)

And btw, 5sec, even if it’s not that long, it’s actually pretty boring.
People are complaining about how long the 4sec / 3.4sec attunement switch with arcana are, but they’re ok with a 5 seconds unravel as part of the gameplay ? I don’t understand.

Just lower the cd on attunements, remove the cd of the attunement you just went in (Like, you can go fire/fire from water/air, so it’s gonna do something like -> Water/Air -> Fire/water and directly Fire/Fire cause you won’t have cd on fire, but you’ll still have cd on water / air / earth since you attuned to fire first) and maybe a bit of a reward if you play a power build (cause where is the damage if you’re not playing condi build?) ?

AND GIVE THE WEAVER SOMETHING IN WVW (like, barrier remover ? or maybe a way to share barrier to friends ? Just that so it’s not another useless class)THANK YOUUU.

(edited by Hana.8143)

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

This is the second expansion in a row where Ele elite spec traitline is extremely boring.

Trait lines are supposed to change your play style (see: holosmith). The traits are either % damage buffs or %health/barrier buffs. Please make the weaver trait line fun.

Also sword is somehow a weaker dagger with worse range. I don’t understand how this happened.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

The elite specializations were pretty much untestable for me, since I don’t play WvW or PvP. They looked OK, assuming the PvE versions will be the same as their PvP counterparts. But, I couldn’t actually test them.