[Feedback]Path of Fire Preview - August 11 - 13

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Game of Bones.8975

Game of Bones.8975

Why bring in unid’d stuff now? Why here in this part of the world? Will it be rolled out to the other aspects of the game?

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Loved the raptor, and I wished there was more to explore. Also, the nod to the Lion King was pretty awesome. My only issue with the raptior is… well, it needs more climbing mobility.

My biggest gripe was being unable to play with my Elite specs. I noticed when I made an Ele, that the loot boxes gave me a sword—the Weaver’s weapon. It made me assume that we would have gotten to play with our Elite specs.

Changes are, I will not get to play with the Elite specs next week. So, I’m basically out of luck if I want to try the deadeye to see if it’ll make my thief a true assassin (w/o rifle), or the weaver, which I want to destroy things with fiery lightning.

(edited by AegisRunestone.8672)

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

I was lagged beyond belief, but, from what I did, it felt like a proper expansion to the CORE Game of GW2, things were just a tad harder, but enough to inspire transition and growth into these new areas. The mounts were a nice touch, (looking forward to a slew of cosmetic versions soon). All in all, from what little I could play, it looked inviting.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

Liked;

+Addition of bounty board, hope it has lots of bounties & randomizes locations to keep it interesting.

+The smoothness of mounting and unmounting, really looked & felt fluid. Especially jumping into combat with it.

+The fact you’ve made it so interacting with NPCs will dismount you, so we avoid screen clutter around NPCs and possible mount trolling.

Didn’t like;

-The mount felt clunky and sluggish, as did the jumping mechanic of it.

-The map felt like it had lots of empty space that had been stretched out even more
just to justify mounts. It didn’t feel like there was enough interesting things in the map to see.

-The flatness of the map (I know it’s a desert, but still), it was soooo boring to navigate, don’t like the lack of layers or verticality personally.

-The first story instance/mission felt quite dull in terms of the objectives, the enemies in it also felt like they’d been made a lot easier than LS3 & HoT.

-Unidentified gear, I wouldn’t mind this system if it came in rarities, so we have rare unidentified gear, exotic unidentified gear & common etc. But if there is only green unidentified gear, which can contain exotics & rares, then that’s just awful!

Overall was quite disappointed by the demo, had already pre-ordered PoF so will be getting it, but unless the rest of maps & content are significantly more interesting I doubt I’ll return to the content once I’ve completed the story & map completion.

Posted by: Oenanthe.6549

Oenanthe.6549

Loved the new map, there was plenty of room to explore and to move around in the fights not like HoT when you were trapped on narrow paths unable to maneuver. It seemed far more set up for solo exploration than for large groups doing meta events, hopefully it will stay like that.

The mount was wonderful, as someone who has spent time riding horses, the controls did feel right and the way it moved seemed realistic. I didn’t suffer the motion sickness that other had even though I had a good try to induce it this morning.

I didn’t do much in the way of hero points or mastery points, there seemed little point as the progress would be lost, but the ones I did do seemed fine.

The one mine / cave I found was really annoying with rocks falling on my head, there didn’t seem to be any warning or reason except to kill the player that was trying to fight the mobs, of which there were plenty. I don’t know if the red circle were meant to show where the rock falls were but I was certainly getting hit even outside the circle.

It could do with some way to separate unidentified gear from the salvage all option, possibly adding it as another category after rares.

If all the new zones just keep having elder wood and mithril nodes the glut on the market is just going to keep getting worse and the price is just going to keep going down until you can’t give it away. Maybe adding other nodes to the new zones might improve the balance of the materials availability.

My Rangers want to know how they can get Sand Lions, Sand Eels and Vultures as pets, and when is someone going to catch the wild horned camels (sorry I couldn’t see the name) and domesticate them so we can have those as mounts as well.

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

Looks beautiful, and very interesting to see one of the Six get involved.

But, it contains many things I dislike about HoT. So really, PoF is just not for me. For those who did like HoT, this may be very good. PoF has a very different sort of map (it is not the vertical style) , but all else is quite familiar.

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

• Beautiful Map, nice to see 250 years of change reflected in the design
  • Like the unid items. Saves so much bag space. Added bonus that id’ing items isn’t required to salvage
  • Mount animations and control felt real. Those idle animations are so friggin cute
  • Bounties!! Huzzah!!!
  • Beginning mission and heart especially (I hate them tbh) felt to long and grindy, almost like it overstayed it’ welcome
  • With maps as large as they are said to be I had expected more meta events and chained events/boss fights. Something to keep me on the map aside from bounties (well aware that they might be there and we just aren’t seeing them in the beta)
  • Why no strafe on the raptor?
IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

(edited by Soren.9316)

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Maps: awesome design as always
Difficulty of mobs: a bit too low imo. We are going to have access to two elite specs so it is warranted to tune them up a bit more.
Unidentified gear: don’t mind the system overall and appreciate the fact that we can get rid of useless sigils and runes. I find the price of identifying overtuned however and would suggest two tiers: green and yellow. T1-T3 mats for salvaging green and T4-T6 mats for yellow.
Mount(s): was on a fence before but it felt good to use it in the desert.
Chef mastery: enjoyable, got it on my third try.
Race: nice feature
Hearts: the first heart one felt tedious to complete. The other was ok though not a big fan of them overall.
Bounty system: cool feature.

Posted by: gaelicvixen.6401

gaelicvixen.6401

There’s a lot I could say, both good and bad, but honestly my biggest issue was the blasted sand sharks.

There are too many of the blasted things and their respawn timers are out of control.

I have a severe phobia. There are a lot of things I either can’t do in GW2 or have to do without looking at the screen while having help from friends because of that phobia. I realise that I’m in that tiny minority who doesn’t think they’re the coolest thing since tetanus so I won’t ask that you remove them, but for the love of all that’s holy could you please thin their ranks and increase their respawn timers a smooch? Unlike the undead versions in Orr, they are everywhere and as a result incredibly difficult to avoid. You also can’t just “get out of the sand” to get away from one because they will follow you up a building. I even saw a couple wander out into shallow water.

Edit: As a GW vet who thinks mounts are unnecessary at best, the only reason I found myself using them was to escape the [redacted] sand sharks. Otherwise I found riding a giant idiot-faced lizard to be an irritation.

(edited by gaelicvixen.6401)

Posted by: Klmor.1250

Klmor.1250

- Map looks beautiful but it felt so empty, bland, booring in some ways. Probably because there wasn’t a meta event to do.
- I was negative about mounts, i thought anet could use their resource on another feature/mastery other than mounts. I still think the same. But since mounts are gonna be a thing in this new expansion, i accepted them as they are. Animations of mount/s are beautiful, it feels like they have some weight while moving arround.
- Unidentify system looks promising, just need some tweaks.
- Hearts are fine, the rewards (treasure keys and materials chests) are okay.

Overall, the general quality of PoF is good enough for me, just the map was kinda booring to roll arround. Bounties didn’t save it, need some meta events for sure.

Edit: Think i passed the 100 word limit. Sorry.

Not sorry.

(edited by Klmor.1250)

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

No real complaints.
I was afraid mounts would be a total flop, but was positively surprised.
Even bigger map would be even better. Map is otherwise really well done. Would be perfect if there was a whole map sized underground, one or two levels deep (connect to pyramids…).
Careful with the economy. Someone already mentioned in other thread 2 days ago regarding those karma bags from heart vendors; those things will have a terrible effect on the economy if they stay after release.

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I don’t dislike the addition of mounts

Dislikes:
Mounts can’t strafe, or even sidestep
Unindentified gear: I get the gold sink; I get the space saving idea; it’s current implemention is a hassle and just going to lose players. Would be less bothersome if loot was sorted by rarity like the black lion chests (exotic unid., rare unid., and everything else unid.) Although, I am not a fan of reimplementing unidentified loot.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Mounts – Raptor was very well implemented and fun. Getting stuck on some stairs, however was weird and a bit annoying. Wondering if we could get a Mario esquee dismount and glide combo – that would be sweet.

Mastery Points – much better than in HoT, but I wonder if things such as chef task and the memory task will work when we have many players at the same time.

Bounties – Liked the D3 style combos, but I think a good mix is for the bounty to show in the mini map for all players. Having to go to town, check the post and then run somewhere felt weird and sometimes you run to find the bounty almost dead with no clue. Maybe this should be kept as a map event / living open world.

Mini-games in town: Fun addition – loved the Witcher 3 style race – but maybe they could be a bit more rewarding?

Map was beautiful, loved the lack of verticality (hated it in HoT – because it made a lot of the map feel “inaccessible”).

Can’t say much for the story as I don’t engage it in much, but I felt a bit more interested now than the – go kill this dragon we were stuck before. Maybe I will give it a shot.

The elite specs and overall balance are still the do or die for my pre-purchase though.

Posted by: The King of Dust.7925

The King of Dust.7925

Good:
Loved the raptor. Their animations, the way they handled, everything.

Loved the map. The way it invited leisurely exploration. I’m hoping the expansion will have a mix of “HoT”-like meta events maps AND more leisurely maps like what we had this weekend with mostly local events.

Mixed:
Bounties were alright, but some combinations of buffs and bosses were nightmarish, like that shadow-stepping hyena with the buff that made it so we could only damage the target while standing in certain zones relative to the target.

Visuals are great, but seem to come at a huge performance cost.

Really awful:
Unidentified gear. It’s awful. It should be grouped by rarity, it shouldn’t cost so much and it shouldn’t require me to trek back to a heart npc and do the heart all over again if I haven’t done it on that day. This system needs a major rework or needs to be scrapped entirely. If it’s left like this, it has the potential to completely offset any enjoyment I’d get out of the other aspects of the expansion.

Items whose only purpose is to be double-clicked to grant you some form of currency should not exist. Vials of Karma were already dumb, but you seem to be adding more of those things in the expansion, unless I’ve missed their extra purpose. Currency should just be awarded automatically. I’m thinking of sending you the bill next time I have to change my mouse because the left button doesn’t work anymore.

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Don’t like the unidentified items, not a good system at all. Just give us the drops and let us sort them out, no need to reinvent the wheel here.

The mount was great, strafing would be nice but understandable as to why not. I honestly bought the expansion after seeing the Raptor in action.

Was not thrilled that it was a PvE test and no elites to test. Not liking the next weekend WvW/PvP test for elites, not all of us want to play a PvP game and would like access to a PvE environment to test the new skills. Even letting us have the golem area with the new professions would be nice.

Posted by: Jethro.9376

Jethro.9376

Pros:
- Raptor looks and handles nice
- Bounties are nice, the random factor keeps it interesting
- overall design
- stacking of unidentified gear
- enemies are so far good (they are at least moving)
- map size

Cons:
- not enough dye channels on the raptor (please at least 1 more)
- raptor gets sometimes stuck on stairs or ledges
- maybe a better visual indicator for bounties that are already activated
- no timer before the actual bounty boss spawns (feels bad to be seconds to late)
- drops without purpose (minor point since it’s just a demo)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Most of the points I would raise have been mentioned above (consider me more on the positive than negative side though I agree mounts need to do something when strafing even if it’s just turning, my mouse button side keys aren’t helping me move on a mount. Also I would like rarity assigned to unid’kittens).

But here is something that’s nagged at me: The Elonians sound just the same as any Joe Schmoe from Kryta. “Ahai” is the only cultural phrase I’ve spotted. I know it would more likely come across as cheesy or stereotyped if you had your VAs use any sort of accent, but 250 years of isolation should cause some linguistic drift. It doesn’t feel nearly as much like a foreign place if we all share the same colloquial speech patterns.

(edited by Donari.5237)

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

I do like the idea of unidentified gear, just not the implementation. To simplify just do 1 for White/Blue/Green and 1 type for Rare/Exotic.

2 Slots tops still reduces clutter and you can only identify things that will actually be worth it.

IDing blues/greens and basically wiping out any value of the item seems Ehh and needlessly annoying as a time sink.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Raptor animations are top notch. Absolutely beautiful. Riding this felt visceral and fun.

The race was superb. This was great fun and something new that I’d love to see expanded and (I like that it was) open-world. This is exactly the sort of thing I want from mounts in PvE.

Dyeing the mount was great, too. That was fun.

Someone said that you could see the Skimmer, but when I went to the quicksand, I could only see the name moving around. Maybe it was under the surface or something.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Noticed mounts get stuck on stairs and other inclines. Mounts need to be more dye-able every raptor looks the same and customization is a must for this game.

Map was enjoyable, I liked the bounties still giving me something to do after completing the map. The sparsity of the waypoints really added to it and hope the entire expac follows this formula.

Glad I didn’t buy the deluxe edition. “Lily of the Elon” is tiny and kind of lame compared to other permanent pass locations. Mount skins, weapons, or at least a more extravagant or utility fulled pass would have been an easy sell. (for future I suggest a moving platform of some kind in the air like, an air ship or even something land based like a caravan moving throughout a new area.)

Elite specs would have made this preview better over all since that is a significant reason why people will buy the expac, mist only elite specs is good for pvp to get an idea of balance but a vast majoirty would want to use it for the content it will be designed with.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Posted by: Tevatron.8217

Tevatron.8217

The map is gorgeous;
Mounts are pretty fun. I wasn’t very excited about them and I ended up loving it (wish we could have more dye channels);
New enemies are fun and strong, also I love the different mechanics for many of them (I LOVE sand sharks and the choyas. And the hydras too! Also, the guy on the fire-flying-board);
Bounty system is nice and challenging;
Unidentified gear is a no go. It wasn’t explained to players, and honestly doesn’t add anything interesting to the gameplay, feels unfair with loot and everyone noticed that it is just a plain gold sink;
I like that this map is not meta-driven (so far), but it could use some event chains, similar to what we currently have on core tyria maps;
The gameplay was immersive;
I don’t like that we have to repeat the first heart after doing it for the story instance;

My overall experience was good.

P.S.: I think it was an excellent decision to not include elite specs in this preview, since people wouldn’t pay attention to the map, which is one of the best ever released.

(edited by Tevatron.8217)

Posted by: Poliator.7021

Poliator.7021

The Raptor Mount felt good. I wasn’t fond of the idea of mounts but the raptor has caught my attention and I might like them.
The map feels vast and with big wastelands, though at the same time exploring it didn’t feel like taking too much time.
I am missing some kind of metaevent, though for an introductory map to the expansion it’s okay if it doesn’t have one. Expecting any kind of meta in the other maps.
Exploration was good and immersive, as well as bounties, which in my opinion ties well with the feel of the map. Enemies “hinting” at the Elite Specializations felt neat.
About the unidentified gear and the heart vendors items… I’m not sure. But I sincerely felt rewarded with abundant materials.

Good experience.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Amazing art, boring demo.

Raptor is great, and answer various fears I had about mounts:
- Moves faster but also very differently from the player character, weakening the blow against exploration builds.
- Single skill doesn’t force any new combat meta.
- Deactivation when interacting with npcs and nodes avoids the visual clutter typical in other games.

However, the need to give mounts a purpose impacts negatively the rest of the game:
- The map feels flat, forcefully enlarged, and boring to navigate. There is no challenge to exploration, just bare distance.
- Mission locations and terrain gaps spread across the map with the sole purpose imposing multiple long distance travels, so the mounts feel “useful”.

Gliding was a natural, fun extension to exploration. Mounts clearly impose an artificial limitation to environment design and playstyle.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: tribal vixen.2109

tribal vixen.2109

My overall experience of the demo was positive. I am very excited for PoF. I was sceptical about mounts but they are amazing, fun and feel very fluid with mount dismount. That said I do wish they could strafe. I love the bounties. The map is simply exquisite along with the music. I love the open non claustrophobic feel (something I didn’t like about HoT). I am generally not a fan of mini games but I enjoyed the raptor racing and chef mastery point very much.

I think the identification system is an obvious gold sink and I am not a fan. 1.6 silver is too much. By the time you id your inv then salvage it the cost is excessive needs to be reduced. I also don’t want to have to do a heart every time I want to id something. I do wish I had been able to demo the elite specs as I do not pvp and I rarely wvw. I did notice an fps drop esp in Amnoon to about 30.

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

I loved how the mount felt like a mount, not just your character but faster. Though, the raptor was kind of iffy on using its super jump when I needed it.
Glad to see hearts making a comeback.
I loved the flowing sand effect on the dunes. Not many games care about that stuff enough to do dunes properly
Not a fan of how water removed my mount. I know it’s a lot, but I would appreciate it if they could swim slowly.
I (read: my inventory) enjoyed unidentified loot.

Posted by: FairyNuff.3452

FairyNuff.3452

I loved:

• The map not being very vertical like the hard/tedious to navigate HoT maps.
  • The mount, lovely animations felt good and fast using it.
  • The variety of enemies, hopefully there are even more great designs.

Posted by: NitricRose.1863

NitricRose.1863

I like having room to roam around on the map, unlike HoT where the player is often channeled into narrow areas, forcing interaction with mobs.

With the large map, there could be pockets of difficult areas/mobs added so it is not quite so empty and bland. This will give challenges to people who want it, while allowing the player to bypass these areas when they are not interested.

The raptor feels great.

Posted by: novaspire.9801

novaspire.9801

Honestly as well as i think mounts are controlled, I think they are horrible for this game now. Youve changed the entire map design, possibly for the future of this game for a gimmick that is barely different than zephyrite crystals in dry top. They need to be far more diverse in their abilities to be worth it, otherwise the movement will be the norm, and people will get bored of them easily.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Mount is great, but there are a few issues that need to be addressed:
1. They stuck in any type of slope where people can just walk over it and requires jumping.
2. We should be able to open gliders at air during mount so it won’t lock down our option when we accidentally fall down from a cliff.
3. Interacting with npcs and certain items shouldn’t dismount all the time. It gets annoying very quickly that anything dismounts you.

The open-world is very visually impressive but it lacks depths like back in HoT maps and LS maps.

Also don’t completely eliminate the emphasis of gliders just because of the introduction of mounts. Add in some updrifts and leyline energy for people who own HoT to enjoy gliding too!

Posted by: metal.3074

metal.3074

1. the bounties are a bit too hard if there are no/few people at it. the timer needs to be adjusted depending on the number present. it also needs a map marker when it is up so more people can participate, the only other way is if some one has a tag and is doing a particular bounty and has posted in chat.
2. the story requirements to unlock more of the map were excessive. I was able to do 1/3 of them once i figured out the requirements, especially so in id the weapons.
3. the teleporter mastery had a low contrast so i could not see which ones to light up. also the timer on that is too short. one of my guildies has medical issues and doing this type of requirement is very difficult if not impossible for him. if this the case please provide alternative means of getting a mastery for those people who may have similar issues.
4. the mounts: i like them , they are fun and others i have talked with like them as well. the only issue with them that i have is when i try to change direction slightly the response is too fast…so that when i am moving in a direction it looks like the mount is drunk until i can aim it where i want to go. possibly this will go away with more experience…i dont know.
it would have been nice to be able to get some of the other mounts to tey out.
Over all a good start.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Good: Raptors. Would love to be able to get feedback in on other mounts before ship. The initial map was amazing. Fantastic work.

Bad: Unid’d gear in its current state. Please separate by rarity.

Questions: New Legendaries tied to PoF or all legendaries going forward tied to HoT? Guild Halls: Will PoF only owners get full Guild hall use with PoF?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Aya.7503

Aya.7503

I loved the raptor and how it’s handled. Felt very life like. Only problem was that the raptor would get caught on the smallest of terrain.
Map was beautifully made. Mobs are really nice and fun to kill. Was happy that it’s not over populated with mobs.
I don’t like the unidentify gear.
When crossing the signs for no raptors in area should make it so you have to dismount.
Map made me lag and have low fps (changing graphics to low didn’t help)

(edited by Aya.7503)

Posted by: Massacre.2064

Massacre.2064

Maps are too big and empty. Mounts making traversing them faster, but not any mroe fun. Add more waypoints.
New specs seem entirely built around competitive play with no thought spared for making them fun in pve.
Enemies are very unengaging. I never fought the hydras, but the forged or whatever shows up in missions and near town? Wasn’t even really aware what I was fighting.
But the straw that broke the camels back is the ID cost. Someone explain why i suddenly have to pay a tax on all drops or surrender my shot at ectos or exotics just because some other people have untidy bags?
What’s the in world explanation for this? My girls have been saving for the world for 5 years and now they can’t tell pants from a mace without having to pay a consultant?
I really can’t put into words how much I hate this and so I’ve decided to say it in a way anet might understand and asking for a refund of my preorder.
If you must keep this terrible idea in the game, allow us to toggle it off. Put in a “I can manage my inventory just fine, thanks, I’d like to retain enough basic intelligence to know what a sword is when I see it” option.
Either that or remove the cost and the need to consult an npc. Make it an infinite, at will right click option. I realize this entirely destroys the idea, but that’s exactly what needs to happen. It really is that bad.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

Was very pleased about the calm and non-hostile starting area. Story beginning looks promising. Didn’t like the difficulty of the minigame for the mastery point – didn’t
complete it. The raptor was nice, I started exploring the area until about 15-30 minutes later, where I felt major motion sickness with a bad migraine. Had to quit playing, so bad. Did not see more of the area and of the new game mechaniscs, and did not return for the remaining time of the beta because of that.

(edited by Silmar Alech.4305)

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I like the unidentified gear and wish I could get it everywhere. The inventory management gains are big when you’re in the middle of the fray.

If there were a salvage-kit-like-ID item, it could cost karma or spirit shards, it would let me use an underwhelming currency. Currency at heart vendors is nice and may control inflation that has been kicking up in recent years.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

1. Don’t like the darker red/brown (?) background on character select. Fine with theme, but would like lighter like the bright HoT current one.

2. Would very much like an official discussion on unidentified items, exactly what they replace, what they add. If it in no way takes away any of the rare and exotics we are used to getting as drops, bag drops or other types of rewards, and the cost to ID them and possibly get rares and exotics is a new gamble bonus then they are fine. IF, however, they take away any existing rare or exotic we would get in exchange for introducing a fee and gamble mechanic to hopefully get some of those back, I am entirely opposed to it.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

I’ve noticed in some jumping puzzles around Central Tyria, there is a debuff icon for “Mounts Disabled”. I’m assuming this means you plan to make mount useable outside of the new PoF maps on day 1 of launch, considering you made preparations in various areas to prevent mount use.

If that’s the case, you seemed to have learned with HoT that we’re gonna want new travel stuff everywhere right away (because gliding wasn’t made useable outside the HoT maps until a little while after HoT launched).

The story seemed pretty good so far. It was a little difficult fighting that boss. But that was with a demo character for a profession I haven’t actually created a decent build for yet. So, I should be just fine with other characters I’m happy with that I’ve worked hard on, like my ranger or necromancer.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Tekey.7946

Tekey.7946

City of Amnoon aesthetically great.

Neutral: mounts

Negative:

• Return of heart quests in the main story of the 2nd expansion is awful, uninspired, boring story design. -> Quality over quantity. Be creative.
  • Map feels empty. Just a handful of events in a large map made people quit after 1 hour.
  • Events were boring, without connection – starter area standard: Defend water pipes – Queensdale bandits. Protect Amnoon farm workers from the Forged – Queensdale bandits.

Negative points prevented me from pre-ordering. If the whole expansion is like that, I might as well quit completely.

(edited by Tekey.7946)

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

2. We should be able to open gliders at air during mount so it won’t lock down our option when we accidentally fall down from a cliff.

^ THIS so much! I fell off a big cliff and killed my poor raptor.

Also don’t completely eliminate the emphasis of gliders just because of the introduction of mounts. Add in some updrifts and leyline energy for people who own HoT to enjoy gliding too!

Agree with this too.

Posted by: nedlee.5943

nedlee.5943

Overall very negative.

Liked animation, graphics, music and atmosphere.

Did not like repeatable hearts to grind, that said repeatable heart is a part of story, and we need to do that to ID items. Also not sold on adventures.

Gameplay felt boring due to lack of interesting enemies, interesting events, and interesting places. Bounties didn’t felt enjoyable due to poor balancing and scaling.

Not sure about mounts: they could be fun, but map design so far is a flat surface with some jumping ramps. This could change with new mounts and maps. Constant dismounting when doing anything is annoying. And please fix revenant facet issue. They get turned off when we go underwater or pick up a bundle which is already very annoying, and now even mounts do that.

Posted by: Ramoth.5162

Ramoth.5162

The city was pretty. Not much else to keep me in the game. The story was, meh. I never played GW1. I could care less. Wandering around on foot in that desert was, boring. I don’t do mini games, so a lot of masteries will be out of reach, as well as anything that requires a mount. That’s not going to be something I most likely will be able to use. I maybe spent an hour total in the demo zone.

Posted by: Hupsel.1920

Hupsel.1920

I hope there is more for solo players to do. I feel like I can´t do anything in HoT without being in a party and there is no guidance. I am happy to see the hearts back for quests, but what about bounties that are also solo-friendly?

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Positive:

• Riding the Raptor was a lot of fun (I think the attack range for its tail attack is bugged, btw).
  • Helping the Sous-Chef for a Mastery Point was a lot of fun. More content that doesn’t involve fighting is welcome.
  • Bounties: Great idea, but often interfere with other quests (see below).
  • Very nice designs, but the map’s layout is lacking something. I can’t put my finger on it right now.
  • Nice animations.
  • Enjoyable soundtrack.

Negative:

• Not enough waypoints again. How about implementing the LWS3 Ep.6 mechanic?
  • Too much action (events, enemies, tasks) cramped into small areas. It results in a rather stressful gaming experience. Also, it often leads to tasks overlapping, getting into each others’ way, making it impossible to finish them properly (like collecting fish carcasses and fighting a champ at the same time?). Blitz events are not helping the matter, either. You just can’t enjoy the view or take proper screenshots, it’s almost entirely impossible.
  • Too many currencies and other means to acquire/unlock equipment again (caches, unidentified gear, map currency, etc.). Enough already!
  • Too many movement requirements also cramped into small areas, in terms of jumping puzzles: catching casino coins, trying to get to a vista, trying to unlock a POI, and so on. Stop it, please.
  • Got stuck in a wall again, this time when I used my S/A Revenant’s skill #4. Fix this annoying bug already, Anet!
  • So much this.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I loved the mount, in fact I spent a lot of my time in the demo just riding him about the place. The mobs seemed good to me, I like the events I played (I didn’t understand the sand shark pup event, they seemed to randomly become usable sometimes).

I do not like the unidentified loot. The unidentified loot itself salvages nicely, replacing all the unstable materials and other random loot but you’ve basically changed it so that actually getting “regular” loot now costs me a lot of money.

If the system stays like this then the cost of identifying needs to be drastically reduced or removed. If the loot was categorised by rarity so you knew it was a rare or exotic item by the item itself I’d be OK with the cost.

Edit: also there didn’t seem to be a whole lot happening on the map, very few events.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

I LOVED what you did with the mount animations, aside from them getting stuck in stairs and slopes (which will hopefully be fixed prior to release) they felt almost alive.

Posted by: Hupsel.1920

Hupsel.1920

I also agree that there ware way way too many unnecessary loot and currencies, same major problem I had with HoT

Posted by: aszy.3804

aszy.3804

Only one negative experience during the entire event. Using a Mac Laptop and whereas a two finger up or down swipe changed my view angle when not mounted just fine – it did not work when mounted. Had to do a locked finger and single finger swipe to make the same adjustment.
One request would be to allow a ‘dismount’ when falling. Whilst running about the bazaar, I’d find me and my mount falling and I’d would have liked to been able to deploy the glider to save my kitten .
Overall – I am quite looking forward to the new features. I am going to assume that the mounts will not be available elsewhere in the game, too bad. Thanks for the excellent work. A

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Pros:
- Raptor felt fun. could use work on ledges and water. (also strafing)
- Bounties seem like a nice way to do quest-on-demand.
- Great music.
- Nice variation of enemy difficulty. Some are easy, some challenging. Having a mix is nice.
- New methods to farm karma will be a big help (given all the karma sinks we’ve had recently)
- The new caches look like a great way to focus-farm certain materials.
- The new weapon skins/sets are a nice addition.
- The map not being meta-focused.

Cons:
- Bounty boss mechanic’s aren’t explained well, and it can be hard to figure out in the middle of a fight.
- New keys to clog inventory (moot point if/when some keychain is introduced)
- Few waypoints.
- Hearts feel a little overtuned.
- Unidentified Gear needs to be more clearly explained. While the system seems good, the exact implementation is unclear, and it’s difficult to evaluate it fully.
- Map feels a little empty in areas.
- Raptor’s customisability. More dye channels or more representative dyes (that is, dyes on the mount reflecting the actual colour of the dye) would be a great improvement.

Overall, a good beta, though I’m hoping to experience more in the final release.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

reposting my feed back here from my other feed back topic . went from wanting to buy the game to now not going to buy the new pack at all . this is my list of why I will not buy pof at all !!
Unidentified gear not a good fit for this game

2 instanced content right out of the gate. the story its self is hap hashed together tossed in with a boss fight .

3 mini games another major turn off for me . and makes me not want to play guild wars2 even

4 living story map Draconis Mons map mechanics the new pack pof they put in the living story mechanics from the map Draconis Mons with out any warning what so ever at all . I found a spot with a I thought might be a mud pit of some sort . that I could get past to the spot I wanted to go check out
as soon as I tried to do that well for get that idea just like the living story map Draconis Mons as soon as you hit the water you die and forced to spend money to way point back to life .
they put this same thing in the new pack pof which is for me another turn off as I died fast as I hit the mud pit . and was forced yet again to way point back to life and forced to spend 1 sliver and 60 copper to come back to life .
that and all the other stuff just is not what I want in a new pack at all . and why I will not be spending my hard earned money for at all . and what I do not play a mmo for at all .

Attachments:

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Positives

• Raptors were absolutely fantastic. A couple of glitches with them, but nothing major.
  • Map is gorgeous. The night sky also simply cannot be praised enough.
  • Fun variety in Mastery Points and bounties. I love that not all mastery points are just channels, adventures, or achievements. Having a simple activity that carries a possibility of failure is a nice change.

Negatives

• Unidentified gear tops the list. Having to pay such a high cost in terms of time and coin just to get the loot that you would normally get elsewhere more than overrides any benefit from the system. Getting rid of the ID cost and allowing identification from more than just heart vendors would make it good.
  • The one adventure that was in the demo looks like it will need its thresholds for Silver and Gold raised. While I know it’s expected for you to be swapping mounts to get the best time, I can’t see how that will actually make this adventure possible to accomplish in the given time, especially for Gold. I did complete it once on Bronze, but it took so much time that I can’t see how Silver or Gold are possible.
Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver