(Feedback) Rox's Pathfinder Outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I do like this outfit, though I could do without the male butt cape and huge shoulders. But that’s subjective.

Objectively, I think I have figured out why it’s hard to get a good looking male dye combo on this: The butt cape and the metal fittings, most especially the knee guards, share a dye channel. This means that the same dye must apply to both cloth and metal, and it’s proving difficult to select dyes that look equally good on both. Thus it limits the selection and variety of hues. Beyond that, one might want a colorful cloth drape while sticking with natural metallics for the knee armor, so it tends to come to a choice of which one will look good at the expense of the other.

While probably the dye channels cannot be redone on a released outfit, please in future consider not just the distribution of blocks of color but also what materials will share a channel. I think it’ll make a real difference.

Posted by: Daunte.3095

Daunte.3095

Its just feels like A-net doesn’t even care anymore. Which kinda makes me not care anymore.

Attachments:

Daunte.3095

This is very annoying. Funny how simply allowing us to hide outfit shoulder-pads would solve ugly problems like this.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Shoulders kept me from buying this one. Like it, not the buttcape so much, but not with those shoulders.

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

I don’t know how many outfits the shoulders keep me from buying (several), including this one. I’m surprised Anet has not given us the option to turn them off yet, considering how many customers feel this way and how much more they could possibly sell.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

this weeks outfit is just as useless as the last,
how many more one-piece ca$hgrabs need to be churned out before we can finally get the armour sets that we’re all eager to hurl money at the screen for?

shoulderpads stopping people from buying an outfit? not a fan of the buttcape?
no problem with armour, just use the rest of the set.

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

this weeks outfit is just as useless as the last,
how many more one-piece ca$hgrabs need to be churned out before we can finally get the armour sets that we’re all eager to hurl money at the screen for?

shoulderpads stopping people from buying an outfit? not a fan of the buttcape?
no problem with armour, just use the rest of the set.

You know, I bought a few outfits, and I regretted each one (with one exception: the Cook’s looks great on Sylvari plus I wear on other leveling characters) within a week of purchase. I won’t be purchasing more. Rather, I’ll purchase only armor. When I run out of armor to purchase, well, that will be it, since I guess they won’t be creating more to put in the store.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I remember a dev said once that the outfit model is altogether and they can’t separate meshes, the head is the only exception as it’s separate.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Liewec.2896

I remember a dev said once that the outfit model is altogether and they can’t separate meshes, the head is the only exception as it’s separate.

which is nonsense, because before the wardrobe update many of these current outfits were in sections.
such as Mad King’s Boots
Mad King’s Coat
Mad King’s Gloves
Mad King’kitten

here is the old town clothes UI for the Fancy Winter Outfit showing nice separate parts complete with their own icons:

Attachments:

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

I do get it…armors take more time.

I am just one of those players that likes to piece-meal my gear…to look very cool. (In my own mind, maybe…:) ) If I couldn’t do that, I couldn’t have cool looks like these…so keep up with the outfits…but at least give us some skins for armor as well…please. Thanks.

Attachments:

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

which is nonsense, because before the wardrobe update many of these current outfits were in sections.
such as Mad King’s Boots
Mad King’s Coat
Mad King’s Gloves
Mad King’kitten

here is the old town clothes UI for the Fancy Winter Outfit showing nice separate parts complete with their own icons:

Yes… the -old town clothes- outfits that they originally made for the game before the revamp… You remember, the ones we couldn’t go into combat with.
And how often did we get those back then? About as often as we got new armor sets. Which was not very often…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Liewec.2896

such as Mad King’s Boots
Mad King’s Coat
Mad King’s Gloves
Mad King’kitten

Yes… the -old town clothes- outfits that they originally made for the game before the revamp… You remember, the ones we couldn’t go into combat with.

what is your point?
i was showing that outfit pieces are infact very capable of being modular,
because seven of them already are.
“outfits can’t be separated” is just one of the myths/excuses that we’ve repeatedly debunked.

(edited by Liewec.2896)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I was sort of hoping to have the focus in this thread be on feedback as to the strengths and weaknesses of the Rox outfit, not head into the armor/outfits debate. That’s why I offered constructive criticism on dye channel assignment.

Does anyone else have feedback that might help the devs/designers make better outfits in the future? Clearly outfits are here to stay for a good long while, so let’s at least try to get ones we want to wear. And if you don’t want to wear them, cool beans, just please weigh in on the threads that cover that topic. Thanks

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

such as Mad King’s Boots
Mad King’s Coat
Mad King’s Gloves
Mad King’kitten

what is your point?
i was showing that outfit pieces are infact very capable of being modular,
because seven of them already are.
“outfits can’t be separated” is just one of the myths/excuses that we’ve repeatedly debunked.

His point is that back then, when they were made modular they were not made often, just like armor pieces are not made often now. In order to make them mass producible they had to change how they made them and that change caused them to no longer be modular. The Outfits literally can’t be taken apart anymore because they don’t fit right. They don’t break up correctly.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

I don’t know how many outfits the shoulders keep me from buying (several), including this one. I’m surprised Anet has not given us the option to turn them off yet, considering how many customers feel this way and how much more they could possibly sell.

A LOT of the outfits would look much better if we could hide the shoulders. I’ve been turned off from buying some outfits because the shoulders make the outfit look like crap.

Buttcapes are another annoyance but not as much as shoulders.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

If we’re gonna assume we’re stuck with Outfits over Armor..
Outfits lets us “hide helmet”, but that’s about it when it comes to customising it..
I’d prefer it if I could hide gloves/shoulders and even display my actual armor instead of the Outfit Headpiece for instance. Sure it might clip horribly, but that’s my problem.

Outfits are supposedly so much easier to make, but some have way too few dye channels and/or the wrong parts are tied to the same dye channel. Metal and Cloth in this example, or the Sylvari Cook’s Outfit that has one dye channel that’s empty, and then one that combines wood and the main flower petals. That’s terrible. Atleast use some of that extra “free time” on fixing the basics? :/

Some outfits just dye hella weird compared to others using the same “material” (wood, leather, cloth, metal). It’s like the dye channel is too light/dark to begin with. I have hundreds of dyes in different shades unlocked, it would be nice if using “Shadow Abyss” didn’t result in a dark gray tint as I have “Pitch” or “Black” for that, or “Celestial” made it look light gray since that would be accomplished by “Icing”. I thought the point of having a gazillion different shades of dyes is so you can use the shade you like..

This “fixing” should also be applied to some old armors in the game. Some sets don’t even dye the same.. -.-

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

My take on better outfit design is there is too much unnecessary gender differences. Some outfits are completely different depending on the gender and some are similar but are unnecessarily different for male/female. If ANet is going to the trouble to make two different looks based on gender where they are completely different or the differences are not tied to gender related issues such dress/pants but is something like a fur collar on the female and not on the male, why not instead release the two looks as two separate outfits? Why can’t the male Charr wear the “female” version with the fur collar and the female Charr wear the “male” version with the glowy chest piece? Why not make both versions and sell both separately for both sexes to wear?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Daunte.3095

The entire argument of “shoulders are part of the same mesh” has become a stupid cop-out. Stop making them part of the same mesh then.

Posted by: lovercowg.8643

lovercowg.8643

I feel the same way. Why would I want an outfit with hideous shoulder pads?!? Anet please listen to the feedback. Let us hide outfit shoulder pads.

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

I feel the same way. Why would I want an outfit with hideous shoulder pads?!? Anet please listen to the feedback. Let us hide outfit shoulder pads.

I thought that the shoulderpads in World of Warcraft looked oversized and fugly. Anet seems to get their ideas for shoulderpads from WoW.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

such as Mad King’s Boots
Mad King’s Coat
Mad King’s Gloves
Mad King’kitten

Maybe they’re just lazy to make separate parts because they have to spend more time testing. Even if outfits still clip a lot. lol

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Daunte.3095

such as Mad King’s Boots
Mad King’s Coat
Mad King’s Gloves
Mad King’kitten

Maybe they’re just lazy to make separate parts because they have to spend more time testing. Even if outfits still clip a lot. lol

Probably true. I think they just don’t care; they probably feel that they would get just as many sales with or without hideable shoulders. Of course they are wrong,. Either way Anet doesn’t seem to have much passion for their game anymore.

Posted by: fluffdragon.1523

fluffdragon.1523

Don’t forget:

You can’t charge money for armor unless it’s in the next expansion, but you can charge ~$8.75 USD for a single outfit you can barely customize that requires far less time and effort to produce!