[Feedback] Swaggering Hat

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I love this hat, but I hate the wig (the male one in particular).

My only character who could actually wear this is my female norn, because she happens to have that exact hairstyle — but the hat simply doesn’t go well with her warrior look.

Is there a way you could start working on making such lovely hats attachable to a characters actual hair, without either adding a random wig or making them go bold? That would be great.

Such a beautiful hat, what a shame…

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Part of the problem is that hats and hair are pretty much the same thing as far as the game is concerned, and not two separate items.

To do what you’re suggesting, they’d have to change it into two items. Hair below hat, and hair above hat line/hat. Not only would that take a lot of work, but then you’ll run into some hair styles not looking right when they suddenly cut off at the hat. You’ll also have to make the hat area consistent on every hat you want to do this with, every hat would have to sit on the head the exact same way.

In the end, it just doesn’t work very well. Our best hope is for them to keep releasing a good range of hats, with different hair styles built into them. Eventually something will be good enough, which is really the best we can hope for.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

I think we need to get the best and brightest from the upcoming generation of software engineering students and put them to work on this conundrum (quantum computing and other such nonsense can wait a while). We simply CANNOT go another year with this problem. I mean, we’ve put men on Mars! Haven’t we? Well, either way, we should have cracked this nut years ago, it’s an embarrassment to the human race!

What a silly thing to have to worry about in 2017. You’d think this sort of thing wouldn’t be such a difficult thing to deal with, but there it is.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe the game considers hair to be like a hat (since it can be removed and changed to other styles) and only one (hat or hair) is allowed at one time.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.