Feedback Thread: Account Bound WXP, Ascended and Legendaries!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yup. These are all-around good changes. Arguably, this should have been the way things were designed from the start, but regardless, it’s nice to see alts as being more viable now.

Posted by: andrew.1798

andrew.1798

Ahhhh!! So good!!

Posted by: Poutsikka.2745

Poutsikka.2745

I really like these changes, especially because I like to play wvw with multiple characters.

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Now I need a new mule to store everything else on lol.

I wonder if we can freely move around transmuted ascended armor though.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

And this wasn’t even the “Removing Restrictions” blog. Guess i can have some good hopes about it…

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I will finally make Ascended Armor. Maybe.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Cool thing: all of my 80s can now be fractal runners, assuming trinkets are account bound as well.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Indeed, great update. I have so many ascvended rings between characters. Woot.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Still no tradable ascended gear…. -,-

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

GG Anet.

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

All great changes! (Would be even nicer to see that you can trade Ascended gear, but I’ll take it as it is!)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well, there’s the account bound wxp everyone’s been saying was never going to come, even though they’d been told it was. Huzzah!

I’m underwhelmed by the account bound legendary and ascended gear though. I’m sure I’ll appreciate it eventually.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Even if they added this to Account-Bound, Soulbound is still something to make sense, many things are strictly locked to our char that could give us more freedom = less grind like madness.
For example even with exotics when we upgrade to ascended we could give the exotics to another char, at least we can still salvage.

I hope the next blog post remove restrictions from ascended gear, salvage? Trade? Mystic Forge Usage?! At least 1 of them we need.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Gsjlink.4673

Gsjlink.4673

Hurray! Nice changes coming.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Looks like when my Warrior takes over as my main (changing to him from my Guardian) he’ll be inheriting quite a bit of ascended trinkets and and Ascended GS. Now he just needs to level Hunstman to 500 so he can get his shiny red Longbow.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

At any moment someone is going to stop buy and say they made two ascended/legendary whatever and demand their choice of a different legendary to make up for it.

The Burninator

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

What sword and dagger are those? They look like some sort of upgraded ascended thing?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

At any moment someone is going to stop buy and say they made two ascended/legendary whatever and demand their choice of legendary to make up for it.

Yup. All the people who crafted multiple ascended armors for alts. Prepare yourselves.

At Zudet, that’s wupwup weapons

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Any predictions on what this will do to the legendary market, I know this isn’t the market channel but making them less unique will drop their prices, no??

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Always one person that just can’t be happy when good things happen : /

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Token.5098

Token.5098

To be honest, now they’re making legendaries account bound I don’t get why the skins should be in the wardrobe. It’ll only make everyone have legenadaries everywhere and when I see a legenadary I want to know it is in fact a legendary not a lvl 12 weapon transmuted to look like one. People are gonna be able to swap em around anyway now.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

So still no making the specific dungeon runes/sigils account bound?
Which makes me wonder, what will happen to the items when we put a rune/sigil/infusions into the items? Are they going to still stay accountbound?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I did… ._.

yet the change is useless unless they give us a less expensive way to Exchange equipment…

If you need to change character, going to bank, swapping, loading new character and rejoining will have you booted from any party. (5-10 minutes?).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

YES!

Now we only have to craft 1 Stat Combination of Ascended Gear for War/Guard, 1 for Ele/Mes/Nec, and one for Ranger/Engi/Thief.

And Legendary Account Bound Weapons! YES! OH MY QUAGGANS, YES!

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

ZudetGambeous.9573

At any moment someone is going to stop buy and say they made two ascended/legendary whatever and demand their choice of legendary to make up for it.

Yup. All the people who crafted multiple ascended armors for alts. Prepare yourselves.

At Zudet, that’s wupwup weapons

Ahh thanks!

I don’t think people who crafted multiple sets of ascended armor will have much to complain about. They are few to begin with, and you still need multiple sets for each character anyway so nothing has changed. It just allows you to give it to another character if you change builds on one character.

I am sad that legendary weapons can still be traded. I was really hoping they’d be made account bound on creation finally.

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Awesome in every way – I am very pleased with these changes.

Posted by: manicmoron.5194

manicmoron.5194

Anet is going in the right direction.Huzzah!

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Any predictions on what this will do to the legendary market, I know this isn’t the market channel but making them less unique will drop their prices, no??

Why don’t people understand that this isn’t creating more people with legendaries….holy crap people are dense.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Thank you arena net! I love you!

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i just hope the WXP boosters are going to be more like a toggle then an item, deleting them is a chore in it’s own and i never ever use them……if only i could exchange them for normal XP boosters.

Posted by: sonic.7592

sonic.7592

To be honest, now they’re making legendaries account bound I don’t get why the skins should be in the wardrobe. It’ll only make everyone have legenadaries everywhere and when I see a legenadary I want to know it is in fact a legendary not a lvl 12 weapon transmuted to look like one. People are gonna be able to swap em around anyway now.

If legendary is account bound, you don’t need to transmute a lvl12 weapon with the legendary skin. Just take the legendary weapon instead…

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

This is excellent news. While the prices for legendaries are no doubt going to sky rocket for a while after this, the news certainly makes up for it. Great job Anet, especially for the WXP being account bound. Keep it up!

Now if only we could craft precursors to make up for the RNG game that holds so many people back, then I’m sure I (and many others) will be 100% sold.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Always one person that just can’t be happy when good things happen : /

So far most of these don’t feel like Features . Wardrobe (and maybe the ones from yesterdays lfg article) does, but most of these other changes don’t feel like “features” to me, they feel more like balance things, or things they could have just put in different releases.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Narcin Roc.3018

Narcin Roc.3018

“Pass down your set of Zojja’s gear when you decide to go for a more balanced build.”

Get rid of zerker gear? Nice try anet :P

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Still no news on new legendaries, however.

Izaya.2906

If legendary is account bound, you don’t need to transmute a lvl12 weapon with the legendary skin. Just take the legendary weapon instead…

Legendaries require you to be 80 to equip them…

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Hard to say. Maybe over the long haul. The market might remain stable for a time, though. Supply is not likely to increase overnight. There might even be a small spike in demand for a time — if this change convinces people to purchase one who did not previously intend to.

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Sucks that if you have ascended armor on a cultural armor it doesn’t matter though lol.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

This is the best thing they did since ascended gear came. This is what i wanted and i am extremely grateful.
I suppose there will be no feature to be able to give ascended armor from my warrior/guardian to my thief (something like transform from heavy to medium and then back if i need)
But i don’t complain. This is still great change and what is more important this is something we wanted, something we asked to have and we have it now.

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Another thought, the shared WXP also begs the question of whether ranks will still be displayed since they will become rather useless. I build a new toon and they have 400 rank points to distribute…..guess that bronze general won’t be expecting that when he’s rolled by an assaulter

(edited by Cassocaster.4576)

Posted by: sonic.7592

sonic.7592

Legendaries require you to be 80 to equip them…

Lol then you can look at the level of the player to see if it’s a real legendary or not (at least in groups).

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Sucks that if you have ascended armor on a cultural armor it doesn’t matter though lol.

Or does it?!

If you have t3 human skin on ascended armor, I bet you can still swap the ascended around characters, but only your other human characters will be able to wear it.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

ZudetGambeous.9573

Still no news on new legendaries, however.

I know… sad day

I’ve been waiting to make a hopefully much more necro suited legendary for a year now. I got my mastery and fortune gifts all set, and mats and money for whatever else they throw at me… but they just never seem to come. I feel like the new legendarys are the feature the most people are waiting on. I know I have about a dozen guild mates who are just in a holding pattern until they release them.

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Ty Anet for reducing some of the game grind by giving us just about everything account bound
Really looking forward to this update!

Naz ©

Izaya.2906

With ascended grade gear being account bound instead of soul bound on equip, and trasmutting an item soul binding a gear, what happens to ascended armor that we trasmute to other skins?

Can we still move them around or are we stuck with ascended armor skins if we want it to be account bound?

Posted by: Lysander Night.3150

Lysander Night.3150

The dye change, the wardrobe, and the WXP I am very very happy with. The account binding of ascended/legendaries just leaves me disappointed that all the rest of my gear is still soulbound. It is a good change and a point in favor of finally making a legendary, but when i make a legendary I want to be able to pass the exotic it’s replacing on to one of my other alts.

ZudetGambeous.9573

Another thought, the shared WXP also begs the question of whether ranks will still be displayed since they will become rather useless. I build a new toon and they have 400 rank points to distribute…..guess that bronze general won’t be expecting that when he’s rolled by an assaulter

I’m 99.9% sure that your level is account bound as well. So if you make a new character it will be level 400 and have the associated title.

Posted by: NEOCROM.8957

NEOCROM.8957

Wohooo, ascended and legendary account bound. Thank you, Anet. Finally some good news.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

YAY!!!!… alt friendliness is arriving in Tyria. I so wish I didn’t buy another full set of Asc trinkets last week though, ugg! lol

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)